Democrats are acting crazy

January 7, 2019

Prof. Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit likes to say that all the Democrats had to do to regain power was not to act crazy, and they can’t even do that.  That may be the understatement of the year.

Democrats regained the majority in the House as of last Thursday, on promises to lower health care costs, rebuild infrastructure and return civility to politics. But in just their first four days, they managed to set a new land speed record for careening from “reasonable impersonation of a rational human being” to “full-on, bat-poop loonies.”  By this time next Thursday, I half expect them to be climbing to the top of the Capitol dome while screaming gibberish and waving flaming torches.

Here’s a recap of their MAGA (Make America Groan Again) agenda:

Within the first couple of hours, Democrats filed articles of impeachment against the President with no grounds, moved to abolish the Electoral College, and put out notices that they would be hiring lots and lots of lawyers for investigations of Trump, his businesses, family members, friends, acquaintances, chamber maids, dogs, cats and Chia Pets.

Rep. Rashida Tlaib stood in front of a crowd and said she was quoting what she told her young son when she declared that they were going to impeach the “BLEEP,” using possibly the most vile profanity in the language.  The Washington Post ran an op-ed defending her, and Nancy Pelosi refused to criticize her.  I’m so old, I can remember when Pelosi said that only if the Democrats won would civility return to politics.  That was a few months ago.  But then, she was also on Stephen Colbert’s show a week before the election, promising that when Democrats won, they would lower the temperature of political discourse and “we will honor the vows of our founders. E Pluribus Unum. From many, one.”  So far, all we’ve gotten from many Democrats is one big childish, partisan clown show.  It’s like watching a gaggle of first-graders who were left unsupervised in a candy store and are now tearing up the place on a sugar rush.

Speaker Pelosi seems to be having her own mental short circuit, having declared walls to be "immoral" and claiming that the Constitution makes her the equal of the President, since the Executive and Legislative are equal branches.  Yes, except that Trump is the sole leader of the Executive branch and the nation in general, being the only official elected by the entire country and having garnered nearly 63 million votes nationwide.  She got just over 275,000 voters in one of the most far-left districts in America, and is the leader of one-half of Congress and one of 435 Representatives. I'm not surprised that she’s fuzzy on the Constitution, since I get the feeling it’s been a long time since she’s read it (if she ever has.)  But you’d think she’d at least know the difference between a President and a Representative, having lived through 20 Presidential elections.

Democrats also announced a bill demanding that the President hand over 10 years’ worth of his personal tax returns. John Hinderaker at the Powerline blog noted that if Pelosi thinks she’s the equal to the President, then shouldn’t she have to turn over 10 years’ worth of her own personal income tax records?

Of course, any discussion of wack-a-doodle Democratic antics isn’t complete without Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.  She hadn't held her first job in politics for more than 48 hours before calling for a radical “Green New Deal” and other massive programs that would vastly bloat the government, crush individual freedom, blow tens of trillions of dollars and remake America into a socialist Utopia.  She also made her debut on “Sixty Minutes,” where she called the President a racist and proudly accepted the title of "radical," saying that only “radicals” like Lincoln and FDR have altered the course of history and made progress in America.  Of course, in far more cases, from Russia to Cuba to Venezuela, it’s been radicals who have destroyed entire economies and oppressed and killed tens of millions of people, but let’s not split hairs.

She still tends to bristle when anyone brings up the fact- and math-challenged aspects of her statements or asks how she would pay for her radical socialist agenda.  But I’m happy to report that at least she’s moved beyond saying that we “just pay for it,” and now is being honest enough to admit that she wants to raise the top income tax rate to 70%.

Of course, even that wouldn’t pay for her grandiose visions, so the New York Times’ economics columnist and failed stock prognosticator Paul Krugman helped her out by calling for raising the top tax bracket to 80%.  Economist Bill Anderson wrote on Facebook, “At the 2004 Southern Economic Association meetings in New Orleans, I asked Krugman in a room full of economists if he believed we should go back to the 1980 top rates [of 70%]. His answer: ‘Oh, no! Those rates were insane!’ His exact words. So, it is official; Krugman now endorses insanity. How appropriate.”

Okay, we have 80%, do I hear…90%?  Even an 80% tax rate isn’t insane enough to pay for the Democrats’ insane vision of a border-free, everything free, socialist America.  So former Obama HUD Secretary and Democratic President hopeful Julian Castro came to AOC’s defense by calling for a 90% top rate. (Bonus: he also cited the old saw about making corporations “pay their fair share,” which means they’ll raise the prices of their products and pass the cost on to consumers.  You, that is.)

But hey, why stop at 90%?  Back during the ‘60s and ‘70s, British rock stars such as the Rolling Stones and Rod Stewart complained that they paid 90% in income taxes, then when you added in the annual property taxes and other taxes, they were being billed for more than 100% of their incomes.  Many owed debts from their early years of struggle and found it impossible to repay them when the government was taking all their money and then some once they became successful.

Their response, along with that of other high earners in all fields, was to hightail it out of the UK, so the government got 0% of their money, along with none of the economic benefits of having them live, work and hire in Great Britain.  As Keith Richards said, “We left, and they lost out. No taxes at all.”  This is why George Harrison wrote “Tax Man.”

This wave of tax exile by high achievers in Britain became known as the great “Brain Drain.” Judging from their first four days in office, I assume that a loss of brains is something few Democratic members of the new Congress are worried about.

I will note, though, if they keep up their current levels of disconnect from their constituents’ lives and concerns, and from reality in general, that there are 33 House seats currently held by Democrats from districts Trump won in 2016 that will be up for grabs in 2020.  By then, Republicans will be itching to have Representatives who don’t need straitjackets.  And they now know not only to vote like the future of America depends on it, but to be on high alert for fake news campaigns, ballot harvesting and “uncounted” votes discovered in various car trunks.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM.

"Storm Area 51"

Left Behind: Seattle

Comparing Trump to Hitler?!?

• Dawn Street

01/19/2019 12:39 PM

The world is upside down. Good is now evil. Evil is now good. Christians are despicable but Muslims and atheists are noble. It is truly insane. Are these people demon possessed? Quite likely they are.

• Jeanny Laurie

01/10/2019 05:46 PM

This is just crazy what is happening in America. America... where has she gone!? Land of the brave, home of the free to land of the swamp dwellers. We must stand up...stand tall and stop this mess. The average American conservative having voted ... standing for our President... what can we actually do!? I feel like we are standing in straight jackets being forced to watch the destruction of the America that was fought so hard for. What have we allowed to happen!? Our children are being indoctrinated in grammar school to socialism not freedom. Depending on the gov for everything not helping ourselves and helping others. About rowing your own boat and teaching someone to row their own. I am grateful I am old and will will not be here in 20-25 years. I am not sure if we do not act quickly and correct our course, if America will even be here. Even the Pope thinks we should be ruled by the world! Nobody is talking about that! He is crazy, socialist and should shut up.

• Susan renee Abbott

01/09/2019 10:32 PM

I am searching for real news and reality based blogs. I follow judicial watch. Im very concerned about how Pres Trump who i voted for is being treated.

• Ashlie Hottinger

01/09/2019 12:34 PM

While I couldn't agree more with you saying the Democrats are completely insane, I can't help but fall into grey areas of certain topics. I've been a Trump supporter from day one and will continue to be but I an disappointed with a few topics. Healthcare, wage stagnation, and the student loan debt crisis. Our healthcare is in complete shambles. Insurance costs are so high that the average middle class family cannot afford to extend employer insurance benefits to their children but also don't qualify for Medicaid. I personally deal with this situation. Healthcare is so expensive it's completely unattainable for a large percentage of Americans. Medical bills remain unpaid and affect credit which then in turn makes it impossible to rent or buy a home, purchase a dependable vehicle, it obtain reasonable car insurance. That leads me to wage stagnation. These CEO's are sitting on 6 and sometimes 7 figure income while the people on the ground making their life possible is making minimum wage and having to choose whether to pay their light bill or buy groceries that month. It's completely unacceptable. Then we visit student loan debt crisis. This is something else I personally deal with. My mother couldn't afford to help pay for my college so I was left responsible to pay for anything a Pell Grant couldn't cover. Fast forward several years and I'm still $30,000 in debt and that debt is growing at an alarming rate. My monthly payments of $150 barely covered the monthly interest. My husband and I are middle class and still live paycheck to paycheck while praying that himself or our daughter doesn't get sick because we already have medical bills we struggle to pay. We both have positions that pay well above minimum wage and still have to maintain a very strict budget to make ends meet. This is no way of life for the American people. This isn't The Dream anymore. We deserve better...and I sincerely hope that Trump and my fellow Republicans can provide it.

• Marcella Ballenger

01/09/2019 12:12 PM

If Nancy and chuck's paychecks could be withheld instead of other government people, maybe then they would get it in gear and help get the wall done. Or as I've told my husband very months now, they should be made to take some of these illegals home with them and take care of them. Someone on Laura Ingrams show last night, finally make the suggestion. Seems to me as Pres Trump says, if they can have walls and guards around their houses, then we need to protect America!!

• Cynthia Hefner

01/09/2019 11:40 AM

Thank you so much for being the voice of reason, integrity & loyalty amidst the insanity of that Clown Posse attempting to regain control of the government.

• Jeannie Johnson

01/09/2019 09:43 AM

Great article Mr. Huckabee! Who hit AOC with a Stupid Stick? And all her supporters? I'm really concerned about the millennials idea of good economics. Who taught them? This is just the beginning of things I don't understand. One thing I am sure of. I know to Whom I belong and I can't wait for Him to return and show these people Who really is the Boss. He will show us all what is moral and immoral. And I think He'll also refresh some memories of the words spoken, promises made and lives changed by deception. Thanks to you for your faith-filled commentary. This whole mess makes more sense after I've read or heard what you have to say. Please tell Sarah to keep up the good work! She's spunky!!

• Verna Stankevich

01/08/2019 09:08 PM

Narcissism at its finest!
    Manipulation, Entitlement , no Ethics whatsoever, gather by any means others to promote their agenda. Hypocrisy at its finest. It’s like a cult.
    The Boldness projects a sense of puppetry, meaning there is no fear being reined in by DOJ and or FBI. Above the Law comes to mind.
    Without the pursuit to uphold the Laws our Country was based on, lawlessness with continue to fuel their fires.
    They act as though they’ve been mafiafied, the past has set in place those who allow influencers to control remotely.
    One would think there is a shadow government.
    We the people are funding people and their causes without disclosure, it’s like being robbed blindly.
    Who enters any Transaction, business deal, not knowing how much it costs, when it’s going to end, what product their even backing. Unaccountability is unacceptable.
    We need a JEHU

• Gloria Jean Nossaman

01/08/2019 08:52 PM

We have let our country fall into a pattern of ruin by being lead by news media and officials that are working under the radar to take over our beautiful America.What we are seeing all items of concern that you listed , I fear for our country and are concerned of just what we can do to turn this around...I have one major problem with so many people that outwardly state their "HATE" for President Trump..I am curious what caused this hatred..did he really do something so bad that we should know about? Your article described my opinions to the letter. Have you any ideas for stable Americans can do to help stop this madness?

• Patrick A Tebo

01/08/2019 03:24 PM

Good article, sir. My mind stumbled only at AOC’s “programs that would...remake America into a socialist utopia.” Utopia? My thoughts reverted to her where you mentioned the Democratic brain drain as I think of AOC as she with the big eyes, big mouth and small brain. I would call her Eyor but he is too fine a bear to be so impugned.

• Christine Shimada

01/08/2019 02:50 PM

I live "oppressed "in California. I never express my views. It's too dangerous. I feel we are being railroaded by the left because of their control of the media. I am college educated as are most my friends . They hang on the words of the media without using any critic thinking. I am afraid for myself, children and grandchildren. I don't know if it can be stopped.

• Connie Steindorf

01/08/2019 02:49 PM

You summed it up very well. Clowns. Circus. So fed up. What can we civilians do?

• Faye Neil

01/08/2019 12:45 PM

I read them. I agree. LORD HELP!

• Laurie Miller

01/08/2019 12:34 PM

They aren't "ACTING"! Their craziness is
    REAL!

• Joe Zera

01/08/2019 11:54 AM

Great read Mike. Keep doing what you are doing. Daughter doing a great job. Thank God we chose a president who cares about all people.l

• Elizabeth Gordon

01/08/2019 11:33 AM

If the American people can’t see and realizes that Pelosi and her groups don’t care about our safety and only care about spending our tax dollars on hiring a lot of attorneys to get Trump out is Ludacris . How can we get Nancy out of office !!!!

• Paula Bauer

01/08/2019 10:53 AM

Thank you for standing for truth. Frustrating however, that so many people listen to the far left and dont embrace and support constitution, rule of law in this country and dont listen to the voters and those who work hard to make a living, support our police who protect us.

• Daniel Nallon

01/08/2019 08:58 AM

Pelosi says she want to lower heath care cost. Is she so demented that she's forgotten already, she is the one who gave us Obamacare that skyrocketed the cost?

• Hilary J. Wylie

01/08/2019 08:54 AM

The Democrats have only one talking point—-RESIST! They are liars. They still are the party of racists and bigots! Shame will come upon them. 2 congressmen are, openly, Antisemitic.

• Crickett Stone

01/08/2019 08:50 AM

Thank you Governor! Your way with words and cutting to the heart of the matter, with sanity and dignity in today's wildly insane environment is deeply appreciated! God bless you dear Sir, and your beautiful warrior Princess daughter, who like you, maintains dignity and Grace under fire.

• karen bonner

01/08/2019 08:24 AM

What had me thinking yesterday. What is the next generation of the insane left going to be like?

• Christy Kindrick

01/08/2019 06:45 AM

What “out of touch” populations are voting in these clowns?? These are worrisome times for Christian, conservative, common sense, working Americans.

• Teresa M Shue

01/08/2019 06:39 AM

It is so very sad to see so many of the Democratic party trying to move our country to a socialist state. Their hate for our President is insane! I pray that those voting for these individuals will wake up and see what that would truly mean for all of us. We are all Americans and should all work together for the good of the country! I am very proud of our President and the work he has done and continues to do!

• Libby Wayne

01/07/2019 11:53 PM

Gov. Huckabee,
    First of all, I so enjoy your opeds, show, appearances. I am so dienchanted with the Dems and their "agenda!" The things coming out of their mouths are horrific! I just pray and pray that Congress will, hopefully, realize that partisan politics have no place in America...they are tearing this wonderful country apart. It has to stop. The language that has been used by not only Ms. Tlaib, but also by Hillary, Nancy, etc., is absolutely unacceptable and - to quote Mrs. Clinton - deplorable.
    Thank goodness for good, Christian, conservative people like you who truly continue to want the best for the United States of America! I applaud you, sir, for your faith in the American people to do what is right.

• Cynthia Ayers

01/07/2019 11:21 PM

Your articles are always fun to read. I agree with your insight and appreciate your humor.

Democrats are acting crazy

January 7, 2019

Here’s a recap of their MAGA (Make America Groan Again) agenda:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM.

"Storm Area 51"

Left Behind: Seattle

Comparing Trump to Hitler?!?

• Dawn Street

• Cynthia Hefner

01/09/2019 11:40 AM

• Jeannie Johnson

01/09/2019 09:43 AM

• Verna Stankevich

01/08/2019 09:08 PM

Narcissism at its finest!
    One would think there is a shadow government.
    We need a JEHU

• Gloria Jean Nossaman

01/08/2019 08:52 PM

• Patrick A Tebo

01/08/2019 03:24 PM

• Christine Shimada

01/08/2019 02:50 PM

• Connie Steindorf

01/08/2019 02:49 PM

• Faye Neil

01/08/2019 12:45 PM

I read them. I agree. LORD HELP!

• Laurie Miller

Gov. Huckabee,

• Cynthia Ayers

01/07/2019 11:21 PM

Democrats are acting crazy

January 7, 2019

Here’s a recap of their MAGA (Make America Groan Again) agenda:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM.

"Storm Area 51"

Left Behind: Seattle

Comparing Trump to Hitler?!?

• Dawn Street

• Cynthia Hefner

01/09/2019 11:40 AM

• Jeannie Johnson

01/09/2019 09:43 AM

• Verna Stankevich

01/08/2019 09:08 PM

Narcissism at its finest!
    One would think there is a shadow government.
    We need a JEHU

• Gloria Jean Nossaman

01/08/2019 08:52 PM

• Patrick A Tebo

01/08/2019 03:24 PM

• Christine Shimada

01/08/2019 02:50 PM

• Connie Steindorf

01/08/2019 02:49 PM

• Faye Neil

01/08/2019 12:45 PM

I read them. I agree. LORD HELP!

• Laurie Miller