Impeachment talk

October 10, 2019

The impeachment talk in DC dominates the news so much that liberal ice cream makers Ben and Jerry’s are launching a new flavor called “Impeaches and Cream,” and a famous classic rock band is renaming themselves the “Impeach Boys.”  Okay, maybe not, but as Nancy Pelosi said this week, “You gotta strike while the iron is hot.”  What exactly does THAT mean?  Actually, it’s very revealing.  If the people who voted for Donald Trump 3 years ago are to have their votes nullified out by partisan politicians in Washington and if the news media is truly going to go along with the overturning of the election results, then shouldn’t their reasons for that be so compelling that the facts will stand the test of time?  What iron is so hot that Pelosi and the House Democrats are willing to ignore an election over?  And why would that iron get cold and why?  If this whole thing is genuinely based on evidence and facts, the case won’t get cold.  But I think we all know this isn’t about evidence or facts.  This is the rawest and most savage form of politics, but this time there are real dangers should it succeed.  If this becomes the new norm following a Presidential election so that the losing side refuses to accept the results and attempts to use any and every tactic possible to void the voters choice and replace it with the choice of bureaucrats and a hand-full from the losing side, then we will have destroyed fair and free elections which are the bedrock of our system of government.

While the talk of IMPEACHMENT dominates the current news cycle over everything else, the cries for impeachment are not new.  In fact, our friends at the very astute Media Research Center compiled a video that dates back to President Trump’s first month in office.  These are the supposedly fair, objective, and unbiased journalists who play a one-note instrument when it comes to President Trump.

I hope you caught not just the hyperbolic screeds for impeaching a President from even before he took office, but I hope you noticed the dates.  The call to impeach your President started the moment he was sworn in.  In fact, some didn’t even wait for the swearing in.

Let it sink into your soul what this means.  You go and stand in line to vote after listening to the candidates in debates and in every other imaginable news forum.  You make up your mind and cast your ballot and then some bureaucrats and politicians in Washington decide you’re stupid.  They are so unhappy with how you and the other citizens voted that they decide to do away with the results and create a phony, fake basis to replace the President.  The only thing missing for this to be called a real coup d’etat is having the military change the occupant of the Oval office with guns instead of some partisan Democrats and the co-conspirators in the press do it with a bunch of crooked lawyers.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

About that Louisiana election

• Barbara Weller

10/11/2019 03:02 PM

I'm still trying to sort out the whole Turk-Kurd thing, but the one group not being mentioned are the 100,000 Christians who are caught in the middle. Nobody (but Pat Robertson) is saying anything about them. Also is Pres. Trump going to let the Turks commit genocide against the Iraqi Turks next? I've been a Trump supporter since he came down the escalator and attended that meeting in Times Square when you were his wingman. This is the first time that I don't think I agree with him and I question his instincts. And it's the first time that I've thought maybe Biden was right back in the day when he suggested splitting Iraq into 3 countries---Kurds, Sunnis and Shia. Perhaps it's not too late for us to do what Pat Robertson has been suggesting and declare/recognize a homeland for the Kurds---like we did for the Israelis.

• Arthur Gunderman

10/11/2019 02:57 PM

You have hit the nail on the head, Governor. Nancy Pelosi and her "followers" will never bring the impeachment talk to a full house vote as required by the constitution and the law. She just wants to scream "IMPEACHMENT" every day until the election, hoping enough voters will believe her (their) false charges to make the outcome turn in their favor. Enough with the allegations; I think we should call Speaker Pelosi "The Alligator". After all, isn't a person who makes allegations and alligator? Let's just hope that her Alligator Mouth overloads her hummingbird butt. Keep up the good work, Governor!! God Bless You and God Bless this great United States of America.

• Ann Cavener

10/11/2019 02:36 PM

This is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen--and I know all of us who know that Trump has never done anything that wasn't appropriate since his election will continue to support him. Why EVERYONE can't be happy about our economy so much that we will continue to support him because he is carrying out his slogan to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!!!

• Patricia Moore

10/11/2019 02:26 PM

This is all very disturbing. What can we do? You, of course, are doing more than your part with your newsletter and show. But what can the average citizen do? There are certainly many of us. I daresay we still make up the majority. But we are the sane majority, the people who don't play evil games and do evil things to get our way. I have always heard the chair that squeaks the loudest gets the oil. And I feel that is what is happening in our country. The Trump haters are out to get him and bring down American in the process. And with the mainstream media running amuck with lies and brainwashing, what can we do? How can we fight back without resorting to their corrupt ways?

• Bettye Reynolds

10/11/2019 02:18 PM

Enjoyed the article.
    Have to see if "impeaches and cream" ice is in my area.
    Will the dem a rats ever give up, the lost.
    All I can do is pray, I do.

• Roseann Irizarry

10/11/2019 01:38 PM

If the Democrats want to take our President of the United States , whom we voted legally to elect, then he is entitled to a fair and legal process and impeachment hearing in both the House of Representatives and Senate. Then the entire country will be represented in this process. Let us be fair and just .

• Dr. David Sigafoos

10/11/2019 01:37 PM

This is a flat out coup not politics. This is treason!

• Robbie Mize

10/11/2019 01:26 PM

Good grief! Republicans, Independants, and anyone who believes in having a right to vote the way you feel.....stand up and yell to the nearest person who will listen because we are in perilous times and the Democrats are about to do irreparable harm to our democracy. It is fading faster than disappearing ink on white paper. They are very sick with TDS.

• Lloyd Richardson

10/11/2019 01:07 PM

Imagine if we had done this to Obama!

• Christinea L BASHAM

10/11/2019 01:07 PM

We will fight to the end for President Trump! This IS America! We are not afraid!! Bad times call for strong measures. We're not new to this game. They want a fight, they got it!!

• Robert McFate

10/11/2019 01:04 PM

Where the DemonRATs made their mistake in their game was they failed at brainwashing the public before they started their stupidity!

• Mario A. Valadez

10/11/2019 12:59 PM

So true are your words Gov. Huckabee. As a used to be Democrat, I find it appalling and perturbing the insane actions the Democratic Party has taken in ignoring the will of the citizens of the United States of America. Truly a sad state of affairs that is so dangerously harmful to this great Nation. Our prayers for President Trump. May God help our President and I pray that our Lord Jesus Christ in His Divine Wisdom will bring this great Nation to everlasting peace.

• Janine Simonetti

10/11/2019 12:57 PM

Sir,
    My friends and I are sick of these spoilsports taking up all of the time the government should be using to work for us. These crazy Demo rats are out of their minds. None of the changes they suggest are helpful to the majority. If you don’t work, and don’t take responsibility for raising your children, then maybe the crazy ideas are appealing.
    I’m a retired woman, alone and living off SS, a state pension, and my investments. I worked since the day I turned 16 and only took 5 years off for child rearing . Out of 46years In the workforce, I worked 33 years after my divorce and supported my kids and earned three college degrees in the meantime. Not a lot of $$ support from ex. In fact, I paid him support as my son wanted to live with dad. All of this to say, if I can do all of this, then so can others. I say to them, “Don’t expect someone else to pay the way. Go do it yourself.” I won scholarships and worked 3 PT time jobs while in college and grad school.
    I was a Democrat all this time. I saw the dream and I went after it. Tenacity and good work ethics got me thru. But I did the heavy lifting, not the government.
    Now I am two years retired and am scared to death. Partially because I live in NJ where I am being taxed to death, and partially because these Demo rats are so vicious in their attacks, and crazy with the ideas they are putting out there. I’m worried about people being uninterested, uninformed, and too lazy to check facts about socialism. I grew up learning it was the worst thing to have happen. Now I’m living with people who are lazy, uninformed, uninterested who want things handed to them because THEY chose to go to expensive colleges and study about the ‘sex life of a fruit-fly’ or some other equally useless degree, and now complain because they can’t have all they want because they don’t make enough, or have huge student loans! Pull your big girl panties up, or big boy shorts, or whatever they ascribe to be and wear, go do something to earn money and be grateful mom and dad still let you live in the basement. They probably want to sell the old homestead and get the cash and travel the world. Your poor choices are effecting them as well.
    I’m sorry about my rankings, Governor, but I am scared and worried about my future as well and I did all the right things!

God Bless You and your Family.

JANINE SIMONETTI

• Jessie Teddlie

10/11/2019 12:56 PM

Agree that the agenda to impeach started the day our President won! So bothered by what these two/faced crooks are doing! Keep up your work Mr. Huckabee!

• William Cronin

10/11/2019 12:53 PM

Well written piece Mike. This impeachment rubbish makes me sick to my stomach. Before this election I never would have foreseen this, I am disgusted with both the Democrats and the media beyond what I would have believed possible.

• marida binsted

10/11/2019 12:53 PM

I thought Peloski had more class then what she is exhibiting and Chuck Schumor has lost his marbles. They want to turn The US upside down. What poor losers. Why don't they work on a good platform and try their best to win the next election. They have no platform. No wonder they can't win anything..

• DiAne Gates

10/11/2019 12:46 PM

Never thought I'd live to see leaders of this nation so crude, rude, vile and vulgar. Alleged leaders who are willing to sacrifice anything and everything America has stood for since it's God given victory and inception.

God says in the last days He will send a spirit of delusion upon those who have rejected Him. And it would seem that's what is happening. When an individual or nation rejects the truth of God, turn their backs and walks away from Him all they have left is Satan and his evil lies. We are there folks. And many of our elected officials are dancing their way to annihilation behind the socialist, communist Pied Piper's horn played by enemies, foreign and homegrown, who've crept in unnoticed among us and captured seats in our House of Representatives and Senate. Other elected leaders have wormed their way, advancing up the "good ole boys and girls" ladder of "pay to play." They sit in silence as their leaders regurgitate lies to destroy our Constitution and this Republic.

On the other hand, God has laid out what the Last Days are going to look like and if you've studied the Word's accounts, could it be we are well along that slippery slope which could spell disaster for our nation, our children and grandchildren, until God's trumpet sounds and we hear the voice of the angel announcing those last seven horrific years and those who've chosen Jesus over Satan, righteousness over unrighteousness are suddenly gone? Then hell really will break lose not only in America, but all over the world.

Unless God hears the prayers of His people and grants Americans one more opportunity to clean house, kick this rogue, evil democratic party to the garbage heap and stomp them into the dust as we celebrate the re-election of Donald Trump. But to do that Mr. and Mrs. Voters must speak with one voice. A voice of disgust and determination to destroy what is going on in those hallowed halls of Congress...disgust over the lies told, money wasted, and the trampled graves of our forefathers. It's up to each one of us to stand firm in the righteousness of God and judge the corruption and lies of the criminals among us.

• Vernon Thompson

10/11/2019 12:42 PM

Adam Schiff appears to have no moral compass, is completely dishonest, and will use any means to remove Trump. Wonder how many lives he has ruined in the past in an effort to imitate Andrew Weisman?

• louis Zachman

10/11/2019 12:38 PM

how can this be allowed to continue in America ? This is not (at least I thought it was not) a third world country.

• Doug Sherwood

10/11/2019 12:24 PM

You hit the nail on the head and it's high time the "drive by" media were held to task. The spin, twist and lying of the facts are atrocious. It's too bad they distort the true facts and don't actually report news anymore. The Democrats are setting a nasty precedent they don't want to be held to now or in the future. Maybe the voice of reason will be heard soon or God help us.

• Melvin Carter

10/11/2019 12:16 PM

Oh, and yes, I am also aware that impeachment serves not only for removal of a president, but also of other officials. Perhaps we should be impeaching activist judges who rule against the constitution and seek to make law by their rulings?

• Melvin Carter

10/11/2019 12:12 PM

Much of the free and not so free world watch our democracy to see if the great American experiment works. Having grown up and lived in two countries which were at best, democratic republics, and actually functionally more like, to coin my own phrase, democratic dictatorships, I have first hand experience of the effects and impacts of exporting the democratic republic style of government to emerging countries which have transitioned from colonialism to independence. In fact the colonies to which I refer were French, so maybe their governments were modeled after a socialist republic. But in point of fact, their elections occasionally benefited from American monitoring, i.e. the Carter Center.
    Point is, the world is still watching to see how we do things. When we come unhinged over an election the impact is not just national, but international. In other countries, when this kind of dispute over elections happens because of party dissatisfaction, civil war is sometimes the result.
    Do democrats really want to model this kind of vitriolic party disputing to the rest of the world and undermine the institutions which have been put in place to protect freedom?
    Impeachment is a safety valve built into our constitution precisely to give us a way of getting rid of a president who is committing criminal acts against the government. And as such, I applaud the founders inclusion of it in the constitution. But it is not a tool for dealing with personal disapproval and party disappointment.
    The nation and the world would be better served if talk of impeachment was dropped from the press until there was actual evidence to support it.

• Lisa Ford

10/11/2019 12:09 PM

Democrats are Communists in disguise. So what we are calling a party with extremists in it, maybe that actual number is higher than we 1st thought. And they have held our public school system hostage for decades to bring them to this moment. Well lets defy this moment. Like the Russ Taff song goes, lets get on our knees & fight like a man. Come up with the planned Holy Spirit-filled movement. Start with prayer. Jesus promised what we ask in His Name, He will give us. 2nd, don't let them talk over us. Speak the truth in season & out of season. Truth wins. And every night, pray, pray, pray. Keep knocking, keep seeking, don't stop. Don't give up on the battle! We are on the winning side, not evil. They are on the loosing side. Don't be silent like in our past history, prayer & bible reading removed from schools & Roe vs Wade got past. The blood forever stains their hands. Lets be the strong ones. Speak up & don't give up!

• wynara F Sleziak

10/11/2019 12:04 PM

Thank you, Mike, for your stance for Trump and common sense!!!!! Israel will come through so hopefully our guys can come home. Tell your readers to pray, pray and pray for God's wisdom for our president!!!!

Thanks again for YOU!!!!

• Helen Corey

10/11/2019 11:58 AM

Dems are nasty. So is MSM. One reporter on news feed to WTN-Nashville TN, reported on President Trump’s Minneapolis rally that the President was “venting.” If she would be reporting on rally by BSanders or JBiden or EWarren, reporter would call their loud speech “passionate.” How can President Trump win with crooked MSM news(?) reporting lying leaks from people like Schiff, from Obama leftovers in CIA/FBI/DOJ/IRS, from Rhino Republicans?

Impeachment talk

10/11/2019 02:36 PM

• Patricia Moore

10/11/2019 02:26 PM

• Bettye Reynolds

10/11/2019 02:18 PM

Enjoyed the article.
    Have to see if "impeaches and cream" ice is in my area.
    Will the dem a rats ever give up, the lost.
    All I can do is pray, I do.

• Roseann Irizarry

10/11/2019 01:38 PM

• Dr. David Sigafoos

10/11/2019 01:37 PM

This is a flat out coup not politics. This is treason!

• Robbie Mize

10/11/2019 01:26 PM

• Lloyd Richardson

10/11/2019 01:07 PM

Imagine if we had done this to Obama!

• Christinea L BASHAM

10/11/2019 01:07 PM

• Robert McFate

10/11/2019 01:04 PM

• Mario A. Valadez

10/11/2019 12:59 PM

• Janine Simonetti

10/11/2019 12:57 PM

Sir,

God Bless You and your Family.

JANINE SIMONETTI

10/11/2019 02:36 PM

• Patricia Moore

10/11/2019 02:26 PM

• Bettye Reynolds

10/11/2019 02:18 PM

Enjoyed the article.
    Have to see if "impeaches and cream" ice is in my area.
    Will the dem a rats ever give up, the lost.
    All I can do is pray, I do.

• Roseann Irizarry

10/11/2019 01:38 PM

• Dr. David Sigafoos

10/11/2019 01:37 PM

This is a flat out coup not politics. This is treason!

• Robbie Mize

10/11/2019 01:26 PM

• Lloyd Richardson

10/11/2019 01:07 PM

Imagine if we had done this to Obama!

• Christinea L BASHAM

10/11/2019 01:07 PM

• Robert McFate

10/11/2019 01:04 PM

• Mario A. Valadez

10/11/2019 12:59 PM

• Janine Simonetti

10/11/2019 12:57 PM

Sir,

God Bless You and your Family.

JANINE SIMONETTI