Sarah's story

April 19, 2019

I’m sure I’ll be asked about the foaming-at-the-mouth media demands that my daughter Sarah Huckabee Sanders resign as White House Press Secretary for allegedly “lying” to reporters.  It stems from a section of the Mueller report.  Here’s the story pure and simple:

She said at a press conference that “countless FBI agents had lost faith in (FBI Director James) Comey…” When Mueller asked her where she got the number “countless,” she said several had told her that, but the phrase “countless” wasn’t an exact number, thus she called it a “slip of the tongue.”  The other part of what the media is trying to gin up into a controversy, the phrase “made up from thin air,” was not her comment.  It was the characterization of the investigator writing the report.  That is NOT her quote, although the media are treating it as such.

FBI agents (former and current) did express their disgust with Comey, but the investigators took Sarah’s use of the word “countless” and tried to snare her, saying she couldn’t say “countless.”  Real reporters might have settled this by asking some former and current FBI agents their opinion of Comey.  I'm sure they'd get an earful.

So to sum up: alleged “professional journalists” who have just spent the past two years dividing Americans and undermining trust in the White House and our election system by blaring at us around the clock that President Trump colluded with Russia and was going to be arrested at any minute – and who are even now promoting the nonsense that he’s guilty of obstructing justice, when all he ever did was complain and think about replacing people he thought were abusing their power (but he didn’t do it and instead cooperated fully) – are now claiming that my daughter doesn’t deserve to hold her job because she allegedly misled them by using one word that wasn’t literally true, depending on your interpretation.

If that’s the standard we hold press secretaries to, then what are the standards for “professional journalists?”  Because I think an awful lot of them need to switch to the food service industry.

"Storm Area 51"

Left Behind: Seattle

Comparing Trump to Hitler?!?

• JANET Bell

04/19/2019 05:28 PM

Thank you Gov. Huckabee, for telling the truth about such a despicable comment from the press! We citizens are so blessed to have such a fantastic person as your daughter Sarah, filling the position of White House Press Secretary. Most of us would not last one day with all the clamoring in the press room! She is doing a wonderful job and WE LOVE HER!! Please tell her so that she knows we know what a wonderful job she is doing and we want her to STAY!

• Linda king

04/19/2019 04:44 PM

The hypocrisy of the left has me tearing my hair out!! They blantly lie and misquote on a daily basis. Sarah is doing an amazing job.

• Steve

04/19/2019 04:38 PM

Mike, you always make a big deal about being honest and true, especially when it is the Democrats. Your daughter lied. Call it what it is - like you usually do.

• Eileen Erdvig

04/19/2019 04:35 PM

Stand firm, Sarah. You are an amazing woman!

• Rev. Austin Miles

04/19/2019 04:28 PM

PLEASE do not suggest those retards go into the food industry which means that eating could become a danger to one's health.
    Rev. Austin Miles

• Teresa Dupree

04/19/2019 04:09 PM

Gov. Huckabee, I read your articles quite often and I appreciate your even-handed approach to the news of the day. I've never commented here before, however this story both boils my blood and saddens me at the same time. You should never be faced with the need to defend your daughter, who is unbelievably intelligent, quick witted and sharp on her feet. I am sorry both you and her are met with such dishonesty and disdain, but know that millions of people like me appreciate what she does every single day when she goes out there against the horrible media.

• Bob Mrva

04/19/2019 03:35 PM

I have the utmost respect for your daughter. I don't know how she does it. Governor, I would suggest you change the last sentence in your article; "Because I think an awful lot of them need to switch to the food service industry." . We don't want that. They'll contaminate that also. They should change to cleaning human, bovine and equestrian waste. That's what they generate the most of.

• Mark Couch

04/19/2019 03:33 PM

I think we have to many people like this in the food industry. They need to work in the back of the barn industry where their experience will help..

• Sue Walton

04/19/2019 03:26 PM

The notion that Sarah acted/spoke improperly seems ludicrous. I suggest that the commentary be ignored as she is doing her job in an awesome way!

• Joyce Tennant

04/19/2019 03:20 PM

When she said "countless" in the press room, the professional journalists should have asked, "could you be more specific". They were too busy writing, "anonymous sources"!

• Don Dixon

04/19/2019 03:16 PM

Mike, I think you should examine yourself. Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye but don’t notice the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! In my opinion, your daughter has a "lying tongue." She lied about another person to others and it affected that person's reputation.

• Stephen Emmert

04/19/2019 03:14 PM

Not to worry Huck, the media at this point has zero credibility with the citizenry. Your daughter has a very difficult job, that she performs very well, dealing with the onslaught of this hateful dishonest group day after day. Most Americans respect her dedication to America and the President. May GOD bless you and your family in great measure.

• Doris Chambers

04/19/2019 02:30 PM

The nerve of those so called journalist who lie every single day. We deplorable that live in a basket love and respect both of you. Keep up the fight for truth.

• Lynn Retherford

04/19/2019 02:25 PM

Just a lot of wasted time at how they nitpick at whatever the conservatives say ... twisting and turning the words until they can get the worst possible take on them. BUT it doesn’t bother them at all the real lies the mainstream media tells. Sarah, don’t let them get to you....you are doing a GREAT job !!

• Wanda L Ingraham

04/19/2019 02:23 PM

You are so right!!! What about all the lying the Democrats and the media have done for the past 3 years +!!! Sarah has done a fantastic job of going into the lions den everyday...Thank you for your commentaries, they are one of the few that can be trusted for TRUTH!!

• Carlene Deese

04/19/2019 02:21 PM

Hallelujah somebody needs to tell them. They think the American public is so dumb that they can sway public opinion by all their comments.

• Gayle Acosta

04/19/2019 02:14 PM

Please, the media lies, outright, day after day. They never take it back. Sara MISSPOKE. What is hard to understand? Makes complete sense. If anyone talked to the FBI , if they could trust the media, many of them are real glad Comey is gone. Very very glad. They can not trust the media so they might not tell if they want to keep their jobs. Sara does the best job! I just love her. I hope she knows how much she is respected. God bless her. Please tell her we believe her.

• Sharon Hayden

04/19/2019 02:06 PM

Proud of your daughter. Tell her to STAND STRONG. We are with her. We trust her and think she is the best press secretary ever. May God bless you and your family.

• rodney burke

04/19/2019 01:50 PM

the uh so-called media lies every day and that is okay? I don't think so. Sarah is strong and correct. the lame stream media is despicable...EVERYday. They should be the ones to resign for journalistic malfeasance. And if the whole FBI was polled individually, the number would be VERY high and she would be right...as usual

• rodney burke

04/19/2019 01:49 PM

Sarah's story

April 19, 2019

"Storm Area 51"

Left Behind: Seattle

Comparing Trump to Hitler?!?

• JANET Bell

04/19/2019 05:28 PM

• Linda king

04/19/2019 04:44 PM

• Steve

04/19/2019 04:38 PM

• Eileen Erdvig

04/19/2019 04:35 PM

Stand firm, Sarah. You are an amazing woman!

• Rev. Austin Miles

• rodney burke

04/19/2019 01:49 PM

Sarah's story

April 19, 2019

"Storm Area 51"

Left Behind: Seattle

Comparing Trump to Hitler?!?

• JANET Bell

04/19/2019 05:28 PM

• Linda king

04/19/2019 04:44 PM

• Steve

04/19/2019 04:38 PM

• Eileen Erdvig

04/19/2019 04:35 PM

Stand firm, Sarah. You are an amazing woman!

• Rev. Austin Miles