January 12, 2018

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi isn’t backing down from her claim that the Republican tax cut is “Armageddon” and “the worst bill Congress ever passed.” She was asked to respond to the tidal wave of companies announcing raises, bonuses and new hiring thanks to the tax cut (the latest is Walmart, raising starting wages to $11 an hour, with bonuses up to $1000 per worker and expanded maternity, family leave and adoption benefits).

Pelosi dismissed those raises and bonuses as "insignificant," claiming they were just for PR and "so pathetic," and that the raises and bonuses amounted to “crumbs.” Why does her use of the word “crumbs” remind me of a previous era's clueless aristocratic leader sneering that if the peasants don’t have bread, then “let them eat cake”? (As for her blasting companies for cutting workers back to 32 hours a week, that was in response to Obamacare, a genuinely terrible bill that she forced onto Americans; but she might not know that since I'm still not sure if she ever read it.)

Do you know what I would call “pathetic”? The history of Nancy Pelosi and her party when it comes to helping those workers. The record-setting years of stagnant wages, slow growth and crippled job creation that they tried to pass off as the “new normal,” as if their own dunderheaded policies of high taxes, crushing regulations, open borders, America-last trade deals and lack of enforcement of illegal immigration had nothing whatsoever to do with the suffering of the working class.

Know what else I would call “pathetic”? A self-styled champion of the working class airily dismissing those workers’ desperately-needed raises, bonuses, new benefits and increased 401K contributions as “crumbs,” when she and her husband have an estimated net worth of nearly $30 million. A study found that while traveling on military jets over a two-year period (which cost taxpayers $2,100,744.59, but at least was for security reasons), she ran up $101,429.14 for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol (I doubt that was necessary for security). I wonder, does she consider $101,429.14 to be “crumbs”?

Personally, I would say that "crumbs" is an appropriate term for well-heeled liberals who claim to care about low and middle income working Americans but back policies that harm them, vote against a tax cut to help them, and sneer at the size of their raises. I hope that before working class voters let the media bamboozle them into returning these arrogant crumbs to power, they will remember just what it was like to live under their job-crushing policies and exactly what they really think about you “deplorables.” After all, they don’t exactly make their contempt a secret.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW. I READ THEM!

• Pam Branscom

01/12/2018 04:04 PM

I can't believe that people vote for these wealthy politicians, it just leaves me shaking my head, do they not realize how double minded these people are, if we did a little looking into how they have used insider trading to make millions for themselves and outsourced jobs on the QT, for their own benefit, makes me so sick and tired.

• Deborah Holman

01/12/2018 03:57 PM

I read them.. Thank you !

• Larry Perry

01/12/2018 03:55 PM

It is a shame that the political arena seems to dull some people's mind to the point that they forget that a segment of America is starving. Nancy Pelosi should be ashamed to admit that $1000.00 is nothing, that she spends that on a meal. I feel that California needs to call her home and demand that she resign. She is totally out of touch with America. It seems that over the years her mind is getting numb. Why can't her followers see that?

Enjoy your television show. We need more wholesome programming. The profanity on television is not cute, but deplorable. Keep up the good work!

• Linda Donahue

01/12/2018 03:41 PM

Pelosi, should retire, she is 83, although for her age she does look pretty, good, probably with a lot of help ha ha. anyway, seriously there are a lot of old senators, they should leave by 70 Ihink Hatch is like 93 seriously thats just too old.

• Sharon Emerson

01/12/2018 03:27 PM

$1000 bonus will buy shoes, clothes, car repair, meat, milk, and maybe a hair cut. That isn't crumbs when you are living on $9 an hour. For us we got a $5.50 SS raise and medicare took $10. If my math is right, which at 78 I'm not sure anymore, we just went backward.

• Terry VanHouten

01/12/2018 03:13 PM

Regardless of anyone's political party affiliation, how could anyone hear this woman say the things she says with such arrogance and self centeredness and actually think that she cares for an instance about anyone or anything other than her own self promotion and power? For her to say that workers at Walmart (the largest private employer in the U.S.) getting a raise and a bonus amounted to "crumbs" in her royal opinion is a slap in the face of average working Americans. This is probably another reason why so many "crumb" eating Americans voted for a Republican President and hopefully will continue to elect those who understand what is important to working class voters.

• Christy Morton

01/12/2018 03:09 PM

We need to oust the liberals like Pelosi and King Midas Moonbeam Brown and his cronies. Thanks to there pocket lining, give-away are hard earned money to illegals WE ARE LIVING ON CRUMBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• John Parker

01/12/2018 03:07 PM

TRY LIVING ON $11 AN HOUR "SHITHOLE"

• Michael Egbert

01/12/2018 03:05 PM

What is absolutely mind boggling is trying to figure how in the world she keeps getting re-elected!!!

• William Bailey

01/12/2018 03:04 PM

To disagree is normal. To call a fellow Christian pathetic is not normal or Christian. Very sad Bill Bailey

• William Olesky

01/12/2018 03:00 PM

Miss Pelosi is a dinosaur and should resign her seat because she is out of touch with America and anybody that has millions is in Congress is ripping us off you don't get rich being a politician not like her and the rest of the scumbags.

• Johna J Meyer

01/12/2018 02:59 PM

Your always on top of the news. Love you and your daughter keep up the good ?? work. I read you every day and you and Trump speak for us all

• John DeVilbiss

01/12/2018 02:54 PM

Politics had to wait for a businessman who tells the truth, and who is not afraid to spew out vulgarities... so that his political enemies can look ridiculous complaining that he said a vulgar word. We, his supporters say: Your enemies might not say vulgarities in public, but they lie constantly. I propose a question or two:
    1) Which of the two is more vulgar?
    2) Could an accusation of vulgarity be used to hide an opposing agenda?
    3) Is vulgarity a reflection of Free Speech? If so, why is it banned?

• Timothy Ward

01/12/2018 02:53 PM

Well said Mike! However when you look at Pelosi, you are looking at the people in her district. It is hard to imagine them having a realistic view of the facts when they have managed to find a way to personally view their own colon swith out the aid of medical science.

• James Glenn Wilson

01/12/2018 02:47 PM

Term limits would go a long way in preventing people like Nancy Pelosi from making a career out of getting wealthy off American taxpayers while doing everything in her power to belittle the very ones that elected her to office.

• John DeVilbiss

01/12/2018 02:42 PM

At the end of your article, here, there's a "READ MORE" button/link, but it leads to an "ERROR" webpage, instead.

• Brenda Womble

01/12/2018 02:40 PM

Thank you for standing in the gap for us pathetic, average workers.

• JILL BAILEY

01/12/2018 02:37 PM

Mr. Huckabee: I thank you for all the work you've done for our Country....these awesome United States of America. I hope you keep on keeping on with your words of encouragement for our country and our new president...President Donald J. Trump. I don't mind saying I love this President. I love his style and the way he is taking care of our Country. He had a really big mess left him when Obama finished with his "sitting in the White House." I thank our God for President Donald Trump....EVERY SINGLE DAY !! at least once!

Respectfully Submitted,

Jill

• Patricia A. McMahon

01/12/2018 02:25 PM

Regarding Nancy Pelosi and her "Crumbs" remark. I think the air up there on her 'high horse' has gotten so thin she's not thinking clearly. May be she needs to have her medications readjusted. Clearly she needs some sort of help.

Pat in Buffalo, NY

• judy Ashby

01/12/2018 02:22 PM

There is nothing that our president does or could do that would please her or the left. As far as Armageddon, I doubt that she has a clue as to what that is about. I fear that most of the liberals and democrats have forgotten our God and Lord Jesus. They have set themselves as gods.

• Marcia Standifer

01/12/2018 02:07 PM

Those "crumbs," to a hardworking family living paycheck to paycheck, may just make the difference of whether a rent, mortgage or heating bill gets paid, or whether a family ends up on the street.

Yes, Nancy, there IS a Santa Claus. And, NO, Nancy, it is not you with your pathetic welfare checks!

• alicia cervera

01/12/2018 02:05 PM

Nancy Pelosi is obsessed with anything pro Trump and demeans his achievements because its Republican achievements as well.
    She's envious, jealous and clueless. Out of touch since she and her husband are very very WEALTHY! She needs to retire. Cant we have term limits PLEASE? VOTER ID laws pLEASE?

• Donald P Bower

01/12/2018 02:02 PM

This is no surprize, God rest his soul, my dad would be 98 if he was still alive...He said it best, this not to be nasty, just truthful. He would say " If someone was bad he would call them a turd, then if someone like Pelosi were around he would say she was a turd with nuts in it!" Sorry for the inappropriateness, but my dad makes more sense everyday! I miss him so much! Thanks for all you do Governor!

• Amy Syrell

01/12/2018 01:59 PM

In the video I saw this morning on Fox, Nancy Pelosi looked like a 5 or 6 year old child - messy hair, wide eyes - attempting to communicate as if she was an adult. Nothing she said made any sense at all. It's looking more and more as is seniority is the only thing that matters in the way that Congress chooses their leaders. No account is given for intelligence or common sense.

• Bo Ehrig

01/12/2018 01:59 PM

Excellent article Governor.
    Since you read these comments:
    Your daughter is doing a GREAT job, I know you are very proud of her.
    Please tell Trump that even though I live in Honolulu, Hawaii, not all of us are dumb as a box of rocks, group thinkers.
    We love him and Thank God for Trump and those that surround him. (Like You)

• S Allmer

01/12/2018 01:58 PM

Simply consider the source. Doesn’t her family have a business? So what, they will/will not trickle down the benefit?

• Carbine Williams

01/12/2018 01:57 PM

Pigloosi needs to up and die and decrease the surplus population.A nice long dirt nap forever

• Alan Nippert

01/12/2018 01:57 PM

As a small business owner I concluded years ago that there is very small percentage of people in our government that believe that regardless of the wants of the people they know better. As result of this closed minded, self entitlement thinking we are seeing the results. Pelosi's comments show that she has benefited from self entitlement for so long that she has lost her common sense. This also proves that she can not function or survive under the very laws she supports. If there is anyone out of touch in Washington.... She clearly is.

• Rabbi Moshe mones

01/12/2018 01:55 PM

Dear America's Governor,
    I will respectively edit myself concerning Nancy Pelosi because I don't hit below $1,000. Feragammo belts. I think they come with automatic force fields anyway. However, in matters above the belt, I will tell you Thank G-d for Governor Huckabee, I am a Rabbi and ALWAYS watch or record your show, and Nancy Pelosi reminds me of two works of literature: 1. The amazing Poem "Ozymandias" by Percy Bysshe Shelly, and 2. "The Picture of Dorian Grey" the haunting novel by Oscar Wilde.
    Both of these pieces are testaments to the fleeting folly of 'power' and to those who can't shake their insane craving for power as their feet turn to dust. Or perhaps Ms. Pelosi and much of the Democratic (and Republican) parties cannot bear the thought of not having a limo and a chef at their command. Not that they can't ostensibly afford these luxuries but why should they pay? Don't you know who I am?? I mean...was?
    I know this as I was on the A list of Hollywood for some years. Fame and Power do not make one a better person, but they do get you an "A" table in Beverly Hills for lunch.
    I also Thank G-d for President Trump. I lived in NYC for many years and I can testify that he has become a Mentsche. And a powerful figure on the world stage. Can you imagine Hillary sitting at that meeting of the Representatives of World Powers. Hillary (or Pelosi) staring down the Mullahs of Iran?
    I am rambling. But I suppose my response to your article shows your hitting the right button on this Rabbi. If Pelosi, Schumer, Clinton. and a block of Republicans would just let Pres. Trump do his job, we would be miles closer to the many objectives our Country seeks. And yet, he still achieved an amazing amount of CHANGE. Last sentence: Just consider the despicable, huge amount of rancor he must get through 24/7, tic off the thousands of pages of Obamas self destruct plans from Obamacare, to paying deep homage to his Muslim Masters on his first move as President.
    Oy. I will stop now. I apologize for ranting . I pay my deepest honor to you, Sarah, and the rest of your family. Sarah is a force of Nature!

Shalom Alechem
    Rabbi Moshe Mones

• Janice Short

01/12/2018 01:44 PM

Ms. Pelosi's brain has been pickled by all the alcohol she has consumed. She reminds me of a sheep being led to a slaughter. She doesn't think for herself; just listens to her party & all the ridiculous statements they make. We all, whether Independents, Democrats or Republicans, need to start thinking for ourselves!

• Vicki Watson

01/12/2018 01:40 PM

Nancy Pelosi is the BEST thing that's ever happened to the GOP. Every time she opens her mouth she just reminds us of why we don't want the left at the helm anymore.
    And she makes some great memes. ??

• Bob Boynton

01/12/2018 01:36 PM

Pelosi is an antique and should be replaced with a newer model that actually works

• LEANNE GERLING

01/12/2018 01:34 PM

Do the Dems really believe what they say. They cannot understand they lost!!!

• Paula Agrella

01/12/2018 01:34 PM

You are 100% correct about the arrogant statements in regard to any increase in earning for most working Americans. Any increase is felt as an emotional boost that your hard work is paying off and being recognized. This especially applies to people that are working in a low wage position in which the employee may just be joining or rejoining the work force. It is cause for celebration. Most sensitive people would understand the joy and feeling of accomplishment that even a "crumb" would bring to a person.

I could be wrong but I believe it was Mrs Pelosi that said people who lost wages due to The Affordable Care Act should be happy about it because now they would have more time to take up the hobby that they just could not find the time to explore. The added free time could be spent in meditation or doing volunteer work. The woman has no sense of economic reality but I have to say she is not alone in this warped thought. The American people have had enough and the fact that Donald Trump is working for all Americans regardless of skin color should be highlighted. Mr Trump takes personal satisfaction in the least of us succeeding. That is called generosity which is nothing that Mrs Pelosi is familiar with.

• michael Gene Langley, MD

01/12/2018 01:27 PM

I find it depressing that people like this, routinely making millions while physicians are seeing their incomes cut. They study and train for a decade or more, just to be valued less than entertainers and sports celebrities! Why do we value the service of politicians, CEO-s, and insurance executives more than the people who can save our lives, and improve the quality of the same?

• Linda Ward

01/12/2018 01:25 PM

While I agree that Pelosi's comments are pathetic, it am appalled and disgusted at the "****hole" comments Pres. Trump made about certain countries and thus the individuals that come from them. What is even more pathetic is that he is denying it and won't admit he made those comments. I've not yet heard anyone from the Republicans who were in the room respond and say what was said, but them I don't watch the news all day long either. If the President did say this, he needs to IMMEDIATELY repent, and go before the public and APOLOGIZE! I don't think there will be any other way to clean this up, and denying it will only make it worse. His tweets and his own words are his biggest enemy. He just doesn't seem to get it! The week started off great, and then he blows the entire agenda off the tracks with his words or his off the cuff tweets. It's my biggest complaint about him. I wish he'd just do his job and stay off twitter and clean up his language. I'm not sure the "phoenix" will keep rising with him...I'm just about done. I'm just about ready for VP Pence ( a man of integrity, faith and thoughtful language) to take the reins!

• Kristina Aids

01/12/2018 01:24 PM

It might amount to "crumbs" to San Fran Nan but to the rest of us it amounts to more in our paychecks. Especially, living in her over priced state. Yet another reason for me to move to a conservative friendly state. What is most scary, is her lovely nephew (Gavin Newsome) is being groomed by the current governor (old Moonbeam) to take over and liberal Californians will blindly accept him because they are well.....just as bad and believe all the crap they are told.

• William T. Bevington

01/12/2018 01:23 PM

My wife can vouch for that. She was a front line manager and her hours were cut because of Obamacare and she basically lost her job forcing her to go on the "AHA". Health care cost went from about $32 per month to over $600 per month and now a surprise every year.

• Ellie Waldron

01/12/2018 01:22 PM

Wow Pelosi and the democrats could care less for the poor people and low income people. They want to keep them from prospering while they rob money from tax payers who work hard to put food on the table and a roof over their head.

• Lanny Camden

01/12/2018 01:18 PM

Pilosi is a Corrupted Pharisee in which Jesus warned them. You stand in the doorway blocking it's entrance and you yourself cannot enter. When ever she speaks I can hear her boney fingernails scratching the blackboard as her listners cringe.

• Delton Neely

01/12/2018 01:17 PM

Love the work you are doing !! Keep uncovering the nasty stuff they spit out !!!

• Rocky L Hale

01/12/2018 01:16 PM

Just wondering if the raises bonuses etc were to be reversed i.e. the workers lost those amounts as opposed to gaining them would she still call those amounts "crumbs?" I think not... She would call it devastating. .. PS. Not sure who I respect, honor and love more. You or your daughter Sarah. Tried to see you late last year in Bakersfield CA but was unable to afford it. I hope you run again sir. I was torn in 16 between you and our POTUS.

• Suzanne J Palady

01/12/2018 01:15 PM

She a has no ideal what the life of a real working woman Day is like. She has most likely never did wash, cleaned her house, etc, plus worked an 8hr. day job then go home to take care of family and Home.

• Suzanne J Palady

01/12/2018 01:14 PM

• Rose Pilgrim

01/12/2018 01:14 PM

Thank You for your continued enlightenment , too bad more of the American public does not see it. We love , love your daughter , Sara and how she cuts through the crap.
    Amen!

• Richard Kurkowski

01/12/2018 01:11 PM

I am so glad to see your comments about the Bundy business. It stinks to high heaven. Keep digging. What I have seen this is involved in Uranium One. This goes clear to the top of the swamp. Carry on.

• Charlotte St. Aubin

01/12/2018 01:04 PM

You are so RIGHT - Nancy is pathetic.

• Omer Causey

01/12/2018 01:01 PM

Where is Robespierre when you really need him?

• Sam Nigro

01/12/2018 12:59 PM

the Hillary clones now include Oral Oprah

• kenna dubose

01/12/2018 12:55 PM

I don't know why Republicans let the Liberals get away with so much negative publicity on Trump. Why can't we unite and stand up against them? Why isn't Hillary and Obama in prison? Americans are losing faith in any type of democratic process because of what the Liberals are doing. Where are our principals?
    Americans want: THE WALL, Hillary accountable, Obama accountable, NO Obama care, and no immigration. Let them Dream LEGALLY!

January 12, 2018

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW. I READ THEM!

• Pam Branscom

01/12/2018 04:04 PM

• Deborah Holman

01/12/2018 03:57 PM

I read them.. Thank you !

• Larry Perry

01/12/2018 03:55 PM

• Linda Donahue

01/12/2018 03:41 PM

• Sharon Emerson

01/12/2018 03:27 PM

• Terry VanHouten

01/12/2018 03:13 PM

• Christy Morton

01/12/2018 03:09 PM

• John Parker

01/12/2018 03:07 PM

TRY LIVING ON $11 AN HOUR "SHITHOLE"

• Michael Egbert

01/12/2018 03:05 PM

• William Bailey

01/12/2018 03:04 PM

• William Olesky

01/12/2018 03:00 PM

• Johna J Meyer

01/12/2018 02:59 PM

• John DeVilbiss

01/12/2018 02:54 PM

1) Which of the two is more vulgar?
    2) Could an accusation of vulgarity be used to hide an opposing agenda?
    3) Is vulgarity a reflection of Free Speech? If so, why is it banned?

• Timothy Ward

01/12/2018 02:53 PM

• James Glenn Wilson

01/12/2018 02:47 PM

• John DeVilbiss

01/12/2018 02:42 PM

• Brenda Womble

01/12/2018 02:40 PM

Thank you for standing in the gap for us pathetic, average workers.

• JILL BAILEY

• Amy Syrell

01/12/2018 01:59 PM

• Bo Ehrig

01/12/2018 01:59 PM

Excellent article Governor.
    Since you read these comments:
    Your daughter is doing a GREAT job, I know you are very proud of her.
    We love him and Thank God for Trump and those that surround him. (Like You)

• S Allmer

Shalom Alechem
    Rabbi Moshe Mones

• Janice Short

01/12/2018 01:44 PM

• Vicki Watson

01/12/2018 01:40 PM

And she makes some great memes. ??

• Bob Boynton

01/12/2018 01:36 PM

• LEANNE GERLING

01/12/2018 01:34 PM

Do the Dems really believe what they say. They cannot understand they lost!!!

• Paula Agrella

01/12/2018 01:14 PM

Amen!

• Richard Kurkowski

01/12/2018 01:11 PM

• Charlotte St. Aubin

01/12/2018 01:04 PM

You are so RIGHT - Nancy is pathetic.

• Omer Causey

01/12/2018 01:01 PM

Where is Robespierre when you really need him?

• Sam Nigro