"I don’t think we’ve seen the beginning of the reality of what was going on in this faux investigation, from the top to bottom.”

That’s Jay Sekulow of the American Center for Law and Justice, commenting on Sean Hannity’s TV show Thursday night about revelations in the Michael Flynn case. He’s right; there is much more to come. But one thing we know for sure is that James Comey deliberately set Flynn up, and he did it because he assumed he could get away with it. He almost did.

Flynn attorney Sidney Powell really is the hero in all this; I nominate her for “Person Of The Year.” She has changed history. If she hadn’t gone after the powers that be like a pit bull, Flynn, an innocent political victim, would have been stuck with a coerced guilty plea and would never have been exonerated. (Flynn truly is vindicated from this day forward –- Trump was right to hold off on a pardon for now and let Powell do her work instead.)

Oh sure, the same books and columns would have been written exposing what the intelligence community had been up to, and the people who actually read them would have been aware of the travesty, but it wouldn’t have made any difference in the life of Michael Flynn and others who were abused by the system. Thanks to Powell, and also to the doggedness of AG Bill Barr, U.S. Attorney John Durham, and another U.S. attorney who’s been reviewing the case, Jeff Jensen, the scheme to take Flynn down is in the process of being exposed.

There MUST be accountability.

Powell appeared on the Hannity show as well, saying that the case absolutely must be dismissed, “preferably for government misconduct,” and that in any event the guilty plea has got to be thrown out, as there is finally documentation that Flynn was coerced in “a secret side deal” involving the threat of prosecution of Flynn’s son, who himself had just become the father of a newborn baby. She recapped the story we already know, that they “tried one thing after another,” starting with the Russia hoax (they’d been trying to falsely associate him with Russians since 2014-15), which failed to find anything on Flynn.

Now we have a revealing timeline for January 2017. On January 4, the FBI file is closed on the Flynn investigation, “Crossfire Razor,” with nothing derogatory found. When Strzok hears this, he texts an unknown recipient, "Hey, if you haven't closed RAZOR, don't do so yet." (Recipient: "Okay.") On January 5, Obama meets in the Oval Office with Comey and the crew; Steele also “wipes” his records, including those on Fusion GPS. On January 6, Comey briefs Trump on the “dossier” to give BUZZFEED and CNN a “hook” for using the story. It goes on from there; January is 'abuzz' with activity, both before and after Trump’s inauguration.

I’ll refer you to Sara Carter for a rundown of the documents released on Thursday. These communications are absolutely stunning, particularly the texting among Strzok, Page and Priestap about how they planned to question Flynn. Texts between Strzok and Page also reveal that they substantially re-wrote the original 302 of the ambush interview, “crafting the narrative,” in Powell’s words, “to charge Gen. Flynn with a crime he did not commit.” Unfortunately, there are still some redactions in the texts as released, but what these people were doing is obvious.

One disturbing piece of information that might explain a lot: According to Powell, the person who advanced the career of Andrew Weissmann was none other than...(drum roll, please)...our current FBI Director Christopher Wray. Wray was Weissmann’s supervisor when they were at the Department of Justice “running roughshod over the rights of everyone in Houston.” (This backstory is discussed in her book LICENSE TO LIE.) “There are people there who still have nightmares as a result of his [Weissmann’s] conduct,” she said to Hannity, “in violation of everyone’s rights, naming over 100 people as unindicted co-conspirators, forcing them to ‘lawyer-up,’ threatening witnesses right and left, every variety of prosecutorial misconduct you can imagine. He was a terrorist of a prosecutor. And he was handpicked for that job by Michael Chertoff and Bob Mueller and James Comey and people like that, during the Bush administration.” That’s right, “the swamp” pre-dates Obama, but his administration sure did take full advantage of it.

Since Wray was presiding over all of this earlier in his career, Powell has no illusions that as FBI director he will seriously address the corruption. I would really like to know the backstory of how he got that job. Surely there was a lot Trump didn’t know when he appointed him. Wray does serve "at the pleasure of the President," and it's hard to imagine that the President is at all pleased.

There are similar questions about Robert Mueller. As Sekulow mentioned Thursday, the documents and notes that have just been released had the same notation: “OSC,” for “Office of Special Counsel.” So, where was Mueller? If he had been doing his job, those documents would have been turned over to the defense. But, no, he said, “the Weissmanns of the world were running that office.”

One must-read article about the misconduct in this case is by Jonathan Turley at THE HILL. He goes down the list of FBI officials who have lied and otherwise “acted in arguably criminal or unethical ways,” such as leaking and falsifying evidence, but have not been charged. In Turley’s words, “the disconnect of these cases with the treatment of Flynn is galling and grotesque.”

Turley also has plenty to say about the presiding judge in the case, Emmet Sullivan, who has treated Flynn shamefully. “Even the federal judge used Flynn to rail against what he saw as a treasonous plot,” Turley says. Of course, he's referring to the phony “Russia hoax” plot, not the ACTUAL treasonous plot that was going on inside Sullivan's own courtroom, courtesy of the DOJ and FBI.

Now watch the media pull out all the stops trying to dismiss and/or rewrite this. Turley is no Republican or Trump cheerleader, but he’s objective enough to recognize a miscarriage of justice when he sees one. His commentary here is magnificent.

• Robert Scotti

05/01/2020 02:43 PM

Frightening! What has happened to our great institutions?

• Linda Orf

05/01/2020 02:33 PM

I pray the honorable General Flynn is compensated 100 fold for all that he has had stolen from him through this corruption.

• Gene Blazer

05/01/2020 02:28 PM

Thank you Governor! You have put together a wonderful summary of the crap being leveraged against General Flynn. Yes, Sidney Powell has carried the day - good for her! As for Director Wray, it is past time he hears those famous words: “You’re out of here”! I hope someone like you will put a bug in Trump’s ear! God Bless You!

• Boyd Meetze

05/01/2020 02:28 PM

This type of abuse of the law will not stop unless several people go to jail. Flynn should be able to sue DOJ and FBI big time. Nothing talks like money leaving your pocket.

• Mariann Arnspiger

05/01/2020 02:19 PM

If all charges are dropped on Gen Flynn will his rank be restored? Also would he be able to use these individuals for perjury, slander?

• Joyce Nease

05/01/2020 02:15 PM

We can only hope! I don’t trust the Democrats to not try to steal the election. If they succeed, the proverbial rug will have lots of bumps in it from everything the Dems would be sweeping under it!!! If President Trump wins another term, we will only have four years to straighten all the dishonesties committed during the Obama years . . . including FINALLY convicting Hillary!

• Mable Alford

05/01/2020 02:01 PM

It makes me sick to my stomach to think that these crimes were perpetrated against a hero of our country by people who are at the highest level and supposed to be protecting against such actions . Shameful! This is against everything that America stands for. I hope we get 4 more years to drain the swamp.

• Chuck Walter

05/01/2020 01:57 PM

Governor,
    I am extremely happy that the true facts about Flynn is coming to surface. The damage to him can NEVER be made whole. He and his family have suffered through this travesty. The FBI individuals that participated in this should have to suffer the same public humiliation and personal financial losses, plus any and all loss of professional licensees, credentials and retirement benefits. Don’t get me wrong, I think the FBI is a great organization. It is a classic case of a few bad apples have given the FBI a massive shiner. Although I am against lawsuits this case, in my opinion, is warranted

Chuck Walter

• Marilyn Fischer

05/01/2020 01:45 PM

Praying it and they will ALL BE EXPOSED and DEALT WITH!!!!!!!! I've NEVER trusted Comey or Wray!!!

• keith wingfield

05/01/2020 01:32 PM

Wray needs to go, as he continued the coverup. Plus, whoever recommended Wray needs to go.
    Maybe Trump will put Flynn in charge of the FBI.

• Patricia Hayslip

05/01/2020 01:31 PM

I have a question. Why were they after Gen Flynn before Trump? Was the General the one Obama fired? Was this a personal vendetta of Obama?

• Cindy Taylor

05/01/2020 01:28 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee,

The horrible injustice in General Flynn’s case is appalling. Everyone involved should be prosecuted for their crimes and the leading characters in this disgusting drama should receive the harshest possible punishment available I also think each of them should be made to pay restitution to General Flynn. This situation is unconscionable and terrifying. These people think they are above the law and that they are smarter than all of us deplorable, smelly Walmart shoppers who cling to our bibles and guns.

Regarding the shutdown:
    I agree that progressives want to take advantage of this crisis, From changing rules and traditions to power loving Democrat governors abusing their positions from their high horse.

One other very disconcerting thing that I’ve not seen discussed: “...while we adjust to the new normal.” There is absolutely nothing normal about this situation. In what way are we supposed to adjust? What is the “new normal?” Governors dictating what we are allowed to buy or telling us how many people can be in our house? Should we just accept we aren’t allowed to play with our kids in the yard or sit in our cars in the church parking lot listening to the radio sermon our pastor has made available? I, for one, will NEVER accept this as normal. It has occurred to me that left-wingers are taking advantage of the situation to “soften us up” as they push us toward socialism. I think they are forgetting about the silent majority. They are awakening a sleeping giant. In their fear, they are trying to portray protesters as an abnormal fringe. That is their mistake.

Respectfully,
    Cindy Taylor

• mark spowage

05/01/2020 01:26 PM

we knew this, it was entrapment
    WHY did it take 4 years ?
    now FLYNN must be the new fbi chief
    and the fbi dirt prosecuted for treason

• Jane the Todd

05/01/2020 01:25 PM

So sad & disgused to read what these govt. Officials did to this man & this family. I will pray that justice will be done & the guilty punished!!

• David Ralph Titus

05/01/2020 01:18 PM

As a retired Army officer the FBI disrespectful treatment of General Flynn was felt to the core. This was a concerted effort to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Failing that they contrived a misstatement into a chargeable offense all aimed
    at Donald Trump while adversely effecting military service.

• Sandra Griffiths

05/01/2020 01:13 PM

Possibility as to how Wray became FBI Director...Wray was Christie’s lawyer in “Bridgegate”, so Christie may be where the recommendation came from. Also, if you read Christie’s book, you see how derogatory he was towards to Flynn. I was pretty disappointed in Christie’s comments.

• LouiseCA

05/01/2020 01:07 PM

I was disgusted to hear Chris Wallace this morning essentially taking the side of supporting this corruption, essentially blaming Flynn because of his "guilty" plea. It would be interesting to know if Wallace take the fall to protect his own son, if he has one. He said, "Guess what, the fbi plays hard ball". I realize Wallace is a liberal, but apparently he thinks he knows more than Jonathan Turley. I like Brit Hume a lot, but when he said of Chris Wallace that he is the best interviewer in the country, and maybe the, "best interviewer ever", I laughed out loud. Please Brit, use some discernment.

• Margot Plummer

05/01/2020 01:05 PM

I've written to you before about this, without the MSM reporting, it never happened. That's how deep the Deep State dwells.

• Carol Pickard

05/01/2020 12:59 PM

Finally justice for Flynn now they can reimburse him all the money he lost and a new home goes for Stone too. Sure am glad God is in charge and looking out for us all.

• Robin Rebhan

05/01/2020 12:54 PM

If you want to see what Robert Mueller is really like under his administration in the FBI. There is a program on PBS or you can watch on Amazon Prime. PBS Frontline " The Anthrax Files ". You may want to watch it twice.
    I'll let everyone come to your own conclusions.

• Carmen Price

05/01/2020 12:54 PM

Governor Huckabee
    Why aren't all these conspirators in jail? And they should have been a long time ago. Leaving Comey out on the streets to write books, and make tons of money doing speaking engagements trying to talk about teaching us whatever! WRONG!
    So happy Gen. Flynn has a Piranha for a lawyer, she is great, yes give her a medal!
    Regards
    Carmen Price
    Reno, NV

• Kay DeWitt

05/01/2020 12:46 PM

I have to admit I wrote my comment even before I read this newsletter which, when I paste it below, will explain WHY...However, before I do this, I want to NOW comment on your statement that the "Flynn Set-Up Is Just the 'BEGINNING' "...
    because there are many words that could follow that word "BEGINNING" ...
    LIKE..how about the words "of cleaning 'house' ?". But the political house is not the only one that needs cleaning ! The comment I wrote earlier is about another "house" that needs cleaning and the reason that I can have as passionate a response to the info that AUTHORED my earlier comment is because, as you can have a passionate response to info that promises a beginning of seeing tangible results of all your time, and labor....to expose the evil in the political house...I have the same passionate response in seeing the beginning of a promise that that which I have devoted MY time, and labor, to expose IS, finally, going to BE exposed!!! BELOW IS THE COPY & PASTE OF MY EARLIER COMMENT:

Mike, upon my coming on my Kindle tablet this morning, to read the emails in my inbox, I found an email from a friend and, upon my opening it, I saw where she wrote, "just saw on fb" and, below this statement, was a link and, upon my clicking on it, I gasped when I read what it said!!

And the REASON I gasped is because I saw written another confirmation of what I stated in the material I presented to Mark Harris and that he has in his possession. I know I have mentioned this before...but I am going to mention it again....which is that:

In one of the comments I wrote to you, I mentioned how Mark was "sitting on a million -dollar story" and that I was going to try and make contact with him to make him aware OF this because of the crime that this city had committed against him! And what that crime was is THAT....despite the Jim Bakker scandal, that sent Bakker to prison with, originally, a 45-year prison sentence because he was preaching the Prosperity Gospel....SOME OF THE BIGGEST MEGA CHURCHES HERE IN CHARLOTTE CONTINUE TO PREACH THAT "DAMNABLE" MESSAGE THAT WAS BIRTHED IN THE PIT OF HELL!!!

Upon my stating this, IN the material I presented to Mark, I went on to state that God was going to expose these prosperity preachers via bringing judgment upon them! This was so real FOR me that, after I presented Mark WITH that message, I then visited two of these megachurches...on two separate Sundays...and purchased books in both these churches' bookstores as proof that they were STILL promoting this "DAMNABLE" message that has cost people both their earthly, and eternal, lives! The last time I saw Mark Harris I GAVE him some OF the material I had purchased in these churches' bookstores!

My love for my President has also made a cry for him that he get himself another spiritual advisor other THAN the prosperity preacher who feeds him this "DAMNABLE" poison!!!!.....which is every bit of an "unseen enemy" as is the coronavirus.... and Christians need to start caring ABOUT this unseen enemy that has robbed Christians of a lot more than the freedom to sit in a car and listen TO, perhaps, this pernicious "gospel" message!

ANYWAY, BELOW IS WHAT I SAW WHEN I CLICKED ON THE LINK MY FRIEND SENT ME:

Exposing Mega Churches and the Prosperity Gospel Scam: They Could Feed Every Starving Person Worldwide and House Every Homeless American Kindle Edition
    ... by Henry Bechthold (Author)  Format: Kindle Edition

Nearly eight million people will die from starvation this year and 554,000 homeless Americans will sleep in cardboard boxes and eat out of garbage cans today, while Christian mega churches and ministries in America have enough money in their bank and investment accounts to feed all of these starving people three meals a day throughout the year, and to also house, feed, and provide medical care for every homeless person in America. Seven hundred children die from starvation every hour while prosperity preachers drive Rolls Royce automobiles, live in multi-million-dollar homes and fly in private jets.

• Barbara Dempsey

05/01/2020 12:41 PM

I don't know if anybody can ever cleanse the FBI. But the President best keep his back to the wall. And thanks for the information!

• Richard Jones

05/01/2020 12:38 PM

With these revelations, a couple of things come to my mind. The swamp is deeper, uglier and more evil than anyone knew. Secondly, I'm not sure the swamp is even drainable. How did we allow this much crime and corruption go, either unnoticed, or unreported? We believe the liberals are out-of-touch, and they are. But, We the People, have been out-of-touch too. Depressing and concerning.

• Pat J Green

05/01/2020 12:36 PM

It just seems to me that a lot of these alphabet soup of agency that were created during the first half of the 20th century who have such power over the American people (IRS, FBI and others) that Congress needs to hold there committee meetings and eaither reorganize or get rid of all together

There MUST be accountability.

• Robert Scotti

05/01/2020 02:43 PM

Frightening! What has happened to our great institutions?

• Linda Orf

Governor,

Chuck Walter

• Marilyn Fischer

05/01/2020 01:45 PM

• keith wingfield

05/01/2020 01:32 PM

Maybe Trump will put Flynn in charge of the FBI.

• Patricia Hayslip

05/01/2020 01:31 PM

• Cindy Taylor

05/01/2020 01:28 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee,

Regarding the shutdown:

Respectfully,
    Cindy Taylor

• mark spowage

05/01/2020 01:26 PM

we knew this, it was entrapment
    WHY did it take 4 years ?
    now FLYNN must be the new fbi chief
    and the fbi dirt prosecuted for treason

• Jane the Todd

05/01/2020 01:25 PM

• David Ralph Titus

05/01/2020 01:18 PM

at Donald Trump while adversely effecting military service.

• Sandra Griffiths

05/01/2020 01:13 PM

• LouiseCA

05/01/2020 01:07 PM

• Margot Plummer

05/01/2020 01:05 PM

• Carol Pickard

05/01/2020 12:59 PM

• Robin Rebhan

05/01/2020 12:54 PM

I'll let everyone come to your own conclusions.

• Carmen Price

05/01/2020 12:54 PM

Governor Huckabee
    Regards
    Carmen Price
    Reno, NV

• Kay DeWitt

05/01/2020 12:46 PM

because there are many words that could follow that word "BEGINNING" ...

ANYWAY, BELOW IS WHAT I SAW WHEN I CLICKED ON THE LINK MY FRIEND SENT ME:

... by Henry Bechthold (Author)  Format: Kindle Edition

• Barbara Dempsey

05/01/2020 12:41 PM

• Richard Jones

05/01/2020 12:38 PM

• Pat J Green

05/01/2020 12:36 PM

There MUST be accountability.

• Robert Scotti

05/01/2020 02:43 PM

Frightening! What has happened to our great institutions?

• Linda Orf

Governor,

Chuck Walter

• Marilyn Fischer

05/01/2020 01:45 PM

• keith wingfield

05/01/2020 01:32 PM

Maybe Trump will put Flynn in charge of the FBI.

• Patricia Hayslip

05/01/2020 01:31 PM

• Cindy Taylor

05/01/2020 01:28 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee,

Regarding the shutdown:

Respectfully,
    Cindy Taylor

• mark spowage

05/01/2020 01:26 PM

we knew this, it was entrapment
    WHY did it take 4 years ?
    now FLYNN must be the new fbi chief
    and the fbi dirt prosecuted for treason

• Jane the Todd

05/01/2020 01:25 PM

• David Ralph Titus

05/01/2020 01:18 PM

at Donald Trump while adversely effecting military service.

• Sandra Griffiths

05/01/2020 01:13 PM

• LouiseCA

05/01/2020 01:07 PM

• Margot Plummer

05/01/2020 01:05 PM

• Carol Pickard

05/01/2020 12:59 PM

• Robin Rebhan

05/01/2020 12:54 PM

I'll let everyone come to your own conclusions.

• Carmen Price

05/01/2020 12:54 PM

Governor Huckabee
    Regards
    Carmen Price
    Reno, NV

• Kay DeWitt

05/01/2020 12:46 PM

because there are many words that could follow that word "BEGINNING" ...

ANYWAY, BELOW IS WHAT I SAW WHEN I CLICKED ON THE LINK MY FRIEND SENT ME: