Special counsel Robert Mueller and his team, in their attempts to “flip” witnesses and get testimony that could damage President Trump, seem to be finding themselves stymied in that effort.  Three of their subjects just aren’t saying what they want to hear.

First, there’s conservative author Jerome Corsi, who said Monday that he’s turning down a deal to plead guilty to perjury.  “The American people have got to understand, we have a criminal Department of Justice,” he said on One America News.  “And they are taking citizens --- I’ve never committed a crime in my life.  I’m 72 years old...[I could] die in prison but I will not lie to say that I didn’t tell the truth to the special counsel.”  He appeared genuinely shaken.

“They can put me in prison for the rest of my life,” he told CNN.  “I am not going to sign a lie.”  He said on NBC that he “forgot” to tell Mueller certain things.  “They want me to say I willfully lied.  I did not willfully lie to the special counsel.  I will not lie to save my life.  I’d rather sit in prison and rot for as long as these thugs want me to.”

He had said he expected to be indicted and now appears to be correct.  If that happens, I’ll make the point that in predicting it, he’s actually demonstrating the very ability to foresee events that he claims was behind his understanding that Julian Assange had John Podesta’s emails.  Corsi has maintained that he had no advance information about the leaking –- that he had simply “connected the dots.”  (The news site Vox calls this, if true, “a spectacularly lucky guess.”)  But in trying to show “collusion” with Russia, Mueller obviously wants to hear from him that he had advance knowledge of some plot to do this.

The same intimidation tactics are being used on his associate Roger Stone, who denies receiving advance notice of the leaking of Democrats’ emails and hasn’t been charged with anything at this point.  He said in a statement to FOX News, “I continue to see that my friend Dr. Jerry Corsi is being harassed by the special counsel, not for lying, but for refusing to lie.”  The statement continues:  “It is inconceivable to me that in America someone would be prosecuted for refusing to swear to a false narrative pushed on him by the Mueller investigators.  If Jerry ever deduced that Mr. Podesta’s emails had been purloined and would be published by WikiLeaks, he did not share that conclusion with me.”

“This has been one of the most frightening experiences of my life,” said Corsi, speaking of events that started on August 28 of this year, when he received a subpoena from two FBI agents who arrived unannounced at his home.  He said he’s done everything he could to cooperate with Mueller and thought he was “doing a pretty good job” of it, turning over two computers and giving the FBI access to all his email accounts and tweets, but that in the past two months the negotiations had “just blown up.”

Corsi was a commentator for Infowars (as was Stone) and wrote the anti-Obama book, “The Obama Nation.”  If that’s really all he’s guilty of, the special counsel’s treatment of him truly is an abomination.

Then there’s Paul Manfort, who served for several months in 2016 as Trump’s campaign chairman.  He was found guilty last summer in the Eastern District Court of Virginia of eight counts of bank fraud and tax crimes dating from before the Trump campaign and that were totally unrelated to the Trump/Russia investigation.  If memory serves, Mueller attack dog Andrew Weissmann was one of the prosecutors.  Like Corsi, Manafort is an older man for whom a 10-year sentence likely means spending the rest of his life in prison, plus he was anticipating yet another trial in Washington DC on similar charges, so he chose to accept a plea deal that required him to answer wide-ranging questions.  Apparently, though, Mueller wasn’t satisfied with his answers; in a court filing submitted Monday night, he said that Manafort has lied to the FBI and the special counsel’s office on “a variety of matters” since the plea deal earlier this year.

Mueller calls this a breach of the plea deal.  But according to the report, Manafort claims he has been truthful and does not agree with the government’s assessment that he has breached the deal.

In a particular chilling line, the report says Mueller’s office would “file a detailed sentencing submission to the Probation Department and the Court in advance of sentencing that sets forth the nature of the defendant’s crimes and lies, including those after signing the plea agreement herein.”

Imagine if that line were written about you –- setting forth the nature of your crimes and lies –- after you had tried to be cooperative.  Perhaps Manafort deliberately misled the special counsel, but perhaps he just (check all that apply):

1)  had poor memory of times and places

2)  contradicted the testimony of someone else

3)  turned out not to offer useful information

4)  chose not to support a false narrative

5)  would’ve had to invent answers

6)  accidentally left something out

7)  had no direct knowledge of things they asked

8)  didn’t want to speculate about others’ motives

9)  misunderstood or got confused

10) insisted that President Trump did nothing wrong (the real heresy!)

Of course, if he actually can be shown to have lied repeatedly, there’s also the question of how useful any anti-Trump testimony from him would do be.  At any rate, Manafort remains in prison while he awaits sentencing, which is scheduled for February.

Finally, there’s George Papadopoulos, the ex-Trump campaign foreign policy adviser who probably wishes he’d never, ever gotten involved, especially considering he was really just on the fringes of the campaign.  On Monday he reported to a medium-security Wisconsin prison to serve his 14-day sentence, after pleading guilty to lying to investigators about his interactions in 2016 with “Russian intermediaries.” He now believes that some of the people he had “interactions” with were part of a set-up to feed him a story about Russians having damaging information on Hillary, as a pretense for the FBI to open the “Russia” investigation.

He tried a last-minute motion to postpone his prison term (details at the link below), but it was rejected by the court.  At least he’ll be getting it over with.  After he serves his sentence, he’ll be on probation for a year.  But two weeks from now, the moment the prison door swings open, he’ll start his push in earnest for information on the FBI and special counsel to come out.

“The truth will all be out,” he tweeted.  “Not even a prison sentence can stop that momentum.  Looking forward to testifying publicly shortly after.  The wool isn’t going to be pulled over America’s eyes forever.”  And in another:  “The support from America has been overwhelming.  You have all given me the strength to carry this boulder.  Every day the haters get shouted out by the patriots and the people who believe in justice and who love America.  FISA declassification will exonerate us all.  Keep up the fight!”

I second that emotion.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Charles Kirkland

11/27/2018 12:10 PM

This has gone beyond ridiculous. Needlessly spending the taxpayer's money, for something that NEVER HAPPENED, all for what amounts to POLITICAL REVENGE and an attempted coup. Manafort, Papadopoulos, Stone and Corsi are serving as political prisoners, to convey a message to President Trump, that the Deep State is 'closing in on you', and he will go the way like other disruptor of the New World Order, like Kennedy and Dr. King. Just saying.

• Jerry Korba

11/27/2018 12:04 PM

Open an investigation into the Obama Justice Department if U want to have lawlessness exposed, the country does not believe Mueller is a fellow who is looking for the truth he is part of the problem he is holding Trump at bay so they don't get into the Obama Crime Family. As far as Congress is concerned where the big money lies corruption is right next to it. Hillary said they were broke when they left the White House check out her assets after she left the Sect. of State she was able to buy dossiers and destroy more electronic equipment than a recycle center Look at Obama where he lives now check out his assets the money they pay for being President, does it add up? Donald does not take the pay its not enough to bother with so how do these people have so much money when they leave office?????? They have better investment managers than me; Point is Mueller will not look at the past Administration open that door and Washington will not be able to control the rat population. Mueller is nothing more then a washed up wannabe KGB agent hiding behind the Obama Crime Family.U guessed it not a fan of what went on before Trump! Congress U have 10 days to earn your year's salary get to it

• Christine Kerekffy

11/27/2018 11:48 AM

This is so scary, what Muller is allowed to do. It is like living in a communist country where you have no rights and the govt. can say and do anything it wants to you. I know God is still in charge of this, but it still makes me sick.

• Mitchell Hall

11/27/2018 11:25 AM

I certainly hope that President Trump will declassify all documents related to this witch hunt soon along with all documents related to the Obama/Clinton collusion. Our justice system has been abused for too long. If we can get a strong AG I think we can finally deal with the extreme leftists the way they should have been dealt with 2 years ago.

• Beverly Watson

11/27/2018 11:04 AM

Great article

• Cynthia McNab

11/27/2018 11:02 AM

I am disgusted with what has gone on for so long with this investigation and now people threatened with prison time and receiving time, even 2 weeks! Probation, etc. What I do not understand is how the government can operate like this against the majority? How can this hate continue to rule our country...I just don't get it. I always thought that our form of government, the greatest in the world, had checks and balances against the actions taking place! How can all these low level courts be running our country? Obama certainly seemed to declare whatever he wanted, like a king, and we had to just take a big bite and swallow it...What can we do? I feel so helpless and so I pray for this nation because I believe that is all we as individuals can do, that and vote. Even our voting is suspect now and any attempts to destroy our current system with the electoral college will truly destroy everything my ancestors gave their lives for this country.

• grace bryson

11/27/2018 10:45 AM

THIS IS ALL ON OUR CORRUPT DOJ STARTING W/ SEWER SESSIONS WHO NEVER FIRED ON DEEP STATE OBAMITE. They never investigated any of the crime of the american kgb lead by comey and at one time lead by mueller. Now the american kgb is run by RatWray who trump picked. HORRIBLE CHOICE - SHOULD HAVE EITHER SHUT DOWN THE FBI (Look back to waco and beyond) and formed a real law and order org for the american people and not for the leftist agenda who spin stories to faleshoods to the truth. Or Trumps other choice was to hire a person like Johnathan Gilliam to fire almost all corruption top to bottom and start fresh. THIS IS ALL ON TRUMP AND THE SPINLESS USELESS PATHETIC RINOS WHO ARE DOING FINE WORKING HAND IN HAND TO TAKE DOWN TRUMP. ALSO NOT RELATED - TELL PRES TO STOP BULLSHITTING US ON THE WALL - MOST OF IT IS ACCESSIBLE - LISTEN TO BRANDON DARBY AND HIS CREW WHO IS THERE ALL THE TIME TO REPORT TRUTH

• jim saba

11/27/2018 10:40 AM

how do we the american people speak out together to rid our country of these type of injustices? surely there are millions who need to know how to combine their voices and power to overcome the evils that are fighting against justice, truth, and morality.

• Joe A. Kunkle

11/27/2018 10:38 AM

Mueller has been so politically biased in this whole witch-hunt, I can't understand why the system doesn't seem to have the means of making him step down. He has manipulated and abused the process and needs to be charged and brought to justice himself!

• Mable Alford

11/27/2018 10:31 AM

This travesty of justice in our country is extremely concerning and frightening. If this continues we are all doomed

• Phil Shea

11/27/2018 10:28 AM

Mueller has had a free hand long enough. His investigation needs to come to an end and the findings released to the public. The assistant Attorney General should weigh in and force a conclusion.

• Beverly Nolan

11/27/2018 10:27 AM

I'm sorry, I meant Mueller. I feel sorry for Muller because the statute of limitations had expired on his actions, real or imagined, had they not?

• Karen Mosley

11/27/2018 10:24 AM

This is a nightmare. I just can’t understand why Mueller and his henchmen can’t be stopped. I feel like I’m living in a nightmare the way our country has changed. I can only imagine how they must feel. It is a very sad thing. I have so many unanswered questions.

• Nancy McGraw

11/27/2018 10:24 AM

I don't understand why the Republicans are allowing this travesty to go on and on and ruin the lives of these men who have done nothing wrong other than work on President Trump's campaign. Side with or work with Trump and your life will never be the same. These people are so EVIL!!!

• Beverly Nolan

11/27/2018 10:23 AM

Manafort and company have had 2 years to scrub, shred, burn and shred all of the Dem's Russia collusion under the rug. This "investigation" will last until they think they've wiped their slate clean. I guess us tax payers are on the hook for eternity.

• Kathleen Erickson Pardue

11/27/2018 10:21 AM

I am 69 years old. I have loved my country for every day of my life. My father, my father-in-law, and all of my uncles were veterans of WWII. My husband spent 27 years as an Army Aviator. He continues to serve his country as the Deputy Director of Army Aviation at the Pentagon. I am an Army Arlington Lady. We thank God every day that Donald Trump is our President. We prayed for him throughout the campaign. Never in my life did I ever think there would be such blatant corruption in our country. I wish those who have the morals of a snake (and that's an insult to snakes everywhere) would be brought to justice. Dear God, Please make our country great again.

• Don Williams

11/27/2018 10:10 AM

Always appreciate what you have to say. As governor of [email protected] you were just too honest by democrat standards but we thank you for it. Nobody else would have lived in a trailer while governor’s mansion was being remodeled.

Thanks

• Mary Wright

11/27/2018 09:08 AM

Thank you for standing strong in the fight for truth.....God IS in control and all works together for his good. God bless and protect you and your family

• Sara Carpenter

11/27/2018 09:00 AM

In reading all if this is disgusting and evil!!
    I can only hope and pray to God for all this corruption is revealed and all this investigation ends!
    I for one American am fed up with this Mueller probe!!

• Joseph Trokey

11/27/2018 08:38 AM

I just wonder if they would look into a few of the Congressmen and women we have up there like they have looked at these people what would happen. Sometimes I really believe those who are squawking the loudest and pointing fingers have something they would just as soon not have uncovered. Follow the money. There is always a money trail.

1)  had poor memory of times and places

2)  contradicted the testimony of someone else

3)  turned out not to offer useful information

4)  chose not to support a false narrative

5)  would’ve had to invent answers

6)  accidentally left something out

7)  had no direct knowledge of things they asked

8)  didn’t want to speculate about others’ motives

9)  misunderstood or got confused

10) insisted that President Trump did nothing wrong (the real heresy!)

I second that emotion.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Charles Kirkland

11/27/2018 10:10 AM

Thanks

• Mary Wright

11/27/2018 09:08 AM

• Sara Carpenter

11/27/2018 09:00 AM

In reading all if this is disgusting and evil!!
    I for one American am fed up with this Mueller probe!!

• Joseph Trokey

11/27/2018 08:38 AM

1)  had poor memory of times and places

2)  contradicted the testimony of someone else

3)  turned out not to offer useful information

4)  chose not to support a false narrative

5)  would’ve had to invent answers

6)  accidentally left something out

7)  had no direct knowledge of things they asked

8)  didn’t want to speculate about others’ motives

9)  misunderstood or got confused

10) insisted that President Trump did nothing wrong (the real heresy!)

I second that emotion.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Charles Kirkland

11/27/2018 10:10 AM

Thanks

• Mary Wright

11/27/2018 09:08 AM

• Sara Carpenter

11/27/2018 09:00 AM

In reading all if this is disgusting and evil!!
    I for one American am fed up with this Mueller probe!!

• Joseph Trokey