February 27, 2020

Democrats and the media (pardon my redundancy) routinely claim that President Trump has dragged the Republican Party away from its traditional principles and to the far-right. But a recent analysis found that the major positions of the GOP have remained pretty consistent going back to Reagan, while the Democrats have moved sharply to the left.

I can think of no more disgusting example of that than yesterday’s vote in the Senate, where 56 Senators, including all the Republicans and three Democrats, voted to pass the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, but it was blocked from final passage by a filibuster, thanks to 41 Democratic Senators opposing it. The three Senators running for President (Sanders, Warren and Klobuchar) weren’t there, but all three have previously opposed the bill.

All that this bill does is codify that if a baby is born alive during a “botched” abortion (“botched” meaning that the patient lived), it must receive the same medical care that any other baby would receive. This should not be a partisan issue. It’s a blindingly obvious example of basic human decency. At that point, the baby (and yes, it is a baby) is a separate, living human being. Like every other US citizen, from children to homeless drug addicts, he or she is entitled by law to receive emergency medical care.

But 41 Democrats (plus three more who were off running for President) are so beholden to the abortion lobby and its chief pusher, Planned Parenthood, that they actually voted to deny emergency medical care to that child rather than do anything that might theoretically place any limits at all on their radical “abortion up to and beyond the moment of birth” agenda. Didn’t Elizabeth Warren just rant about how horrible it was to say "Kill it" to a pregnant woman? Didn't Bernie Sanders just insist that “health care is a human right”? To oppose this law, they not only have to contradict their own statements, they have to deny the reality that a baby is a human.

To quote another long-ago Senate proceeding, “At long last, have you left no sense of decency?”

No Censure for Maxine

Paul Rossi Is Fired

A Look Back At Earth Day Predictions

The Details: Mike Lindell Sues Dominion For $1.6 Billion

• Sherry Equi

02/28/2020 06:02 PM

These people (in my opinion) are insane for not passing the "Born-Alive Abortion Protection Act". Wonder if their Mothers are proud of them now!

• Stephen Schwam

02/28/2020 05:57 PM

I left a long comment.. hit the I am not a robot .. my comment seems to have disappears. let me know if you got one from an S Schwam.. will make this one short. Nancy Polosi is Sick . and those that think like her are also.. maybe just plain EVIL. Woman's rights ,, do get pregnant and if so and you do not want the baby , deliver and put up for adoption. my other comment was about the evil of Polisi. and group al related to this $$$$$$$

• James Mills

02/28/2020 05:39 PM

LIARS! HYPOCRITES! MURDERERS! Those 'rats accuse others of what they are actually guilty of (going to ridiculous extremes). They seem to often do exactly that... accuse the right of the far left's atrocities and lies. And the second paragraph (above) labels them murderers! The proposed law essentially says a baby born alive is a human being and should receive proper medical care and NOT be thrown naked into a closet to die, which the 'rats seem to think is just fine with them. In my opinion, almost all the 'rats should lose their elections and seats in both houses (and, ideally, prosecuted, convicted and jailed). We would be MUCH better off with a totally Republican Congress. The GOP is not perfect, but it is FAR, FAR BETTER than the radical 'rats.

• Rick Clark

02/28/2020 05:06 PM

Hate to be in their shoes when the judgment comes....soon!

• Dana L Dansereau

02/28/2020 04:52 PM

This is so sickening it's difficult to even comment on it. What if that were their child or grandchild? Why do they think they have the right to deny a living human being, who cannot protect or defend him or herself in such a disgusting way? This entire late-term abortion issue makes me sick. What pompous, arrogant, ignorant people to prevent this bill from passing.

• Rosemary Parker

02/28/2020 04:42 PM

Mr Huckabee:
    I'm 73 yrs.old and in remission cancer and in a study at Mayo Clinic and my Dr. Said the the flu is more dangerous. And said I didn't a mask. So to answer your question about Pres. Trump protecting us I trust him fully.And ever since he was elected my family and I have never felt more safe. He cares for us more than any other President. And we want him in for four more years I wish he could stay in longer. Cause he's doing a fantastic job As for the late abortion and can't believe the dam Democrats vote to kill babies. Their the ones that have gone over the phone edge.

• Janice Ceszyk

02/28/2020 04:34 PM

The historical account in the Bible of King Herod commanding all of the baby boys under 2 years old be put to death, basically for political reasons and human vanity, always seemed so impossible and uncivilized. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that impossible any longer.

• Terry Janson

02/28/2020 04:02 PM

Dear Mike,
    Thank you for reporting this to the public! As the tears roll down my cheeks, it's hard to put into words the horror I feel at this moment. Why is it I wonder, that the Democrats protect people who break our laws with Sanctuary cities, defend ms-13 thugs, welcome in anyone here illegally including criminals and demand paying for all their medical care with our tax dollars! Yet they insist on denying emergency medical care for the helpless newborn babies who survived abortion!!! As if murdering innocent babies IN the womb wasn't enough! The Democrat party truly is doing the work of the Devil. I used to think they were just crazy but this only proves they are possessed!

• john hopper

02/28/2020 03:53 PM

I am more afraid of the democrats than the coronavirus.

• Kathy Stegman

02/28/2020 03:28 PM

I always wonder how they can sleep at night! It is so hard to believe that many have that much hate in their hearts!

• Dennis E Cromwell

02/28/2020 03:21 PM

In my opinion as a conservative Republican I think this filibuster & vote by the Democrats against this bill (introduced by Lindsey Graham) is absolutely both heinous and barbaric. These people do not, should not be in the U.S. Senate.
    Exactly the reason there needs to be term limits on Capitol Hill.

• Janis Putman

02/28/2020 03:20 PM

Thank you for providing the information on how the senators voted on the born alive bill. I just contacted Senator Baldwin's office to let her know how disappointed and appauled I am that she voted no to keep a baby alive. This is infanticide and I told her that I will not vote for her when she is up for reelection. Thank God Wisconsin has another senator who is pro life, Senator Johnson.

• Oscar Williams

02/28/2020 03:11 PM

The "no" voters maintain that either the baby is not a "person" yet (it can't vote for a Dem), or that the child, after birth, is entitled to only the same care as any other baby. This second part is a cop-out, because there are MANY testimonies that these children are LEFT TO SUFFER AND DIE with NO care provided by the butcher -- er....abortioner -- that would at least MAINTAIN the child's life! If God could "change" or "react" to human behavior, He would be spitting fireballs at these political barbarians for throwing away the LIFE only He can create! Note: It's not only the baby who will lose life, but all involved and promoting abortion. Their ETERNAL lives. But this is not an unforgivable sin. However, to commit it and promise God at the same time that this is the ONLY or LAST time it will happen is to presume on God's mercy. It is an additional sin, from which one MAY NOT recover, and not to be chanced. God is no fool. And He knows the heart of each person. Pray for them.

• Vicki Eastham

02/28/2020 03:01 PM

Killing Babies is murder! Babies are human beings.....future doctors, pastors,mothers, fathers. It disgusts me that fish and animals are protected more than babies. God’s Word preaches against killing babies

• Joyce Birch

02/28/2020 02:59 PM

Shame on them. They're nothing but evil! Life is God's Miracle. God Bless each an every born & unborn baby. Question? What would these dems do if it was one of their daughters, or sons in this situation. How could the govenment intervene in such personnal matters?

• Vernon R Freeck

02/28/2020 02:58 PM

WOW Oh LORD correct our ways of life

• John Mac

02/28/2020 02:55 PM

This is who the libs are. We should not try to work with them or find things we can agree on. I don't want to be within a million miles of these people. They need to be crushed, otherwise we are doomed as a nation. They are the party of death. They are killing older and older babies, while euthanising the elderly earlier and earlier.
    Unfortunately, there seems to be a clear pattern and a path this country is on. When the libs hold power, they advance evil at the speed of light. When they lose power, they hold on as in this bill, until the next time they get power. Republicans could use the nuclear option. The filibuster will not survive Democrat control of the senate the next time anyway. Isn't this an issue that warrants such a move?

• Robbie Mize

02/28/2020 02:40 PM

No, they do not have any decency. Neither do they possess anything more than a stone-cold heart. They have let themselves be blinded by the evil that so surrounds them by way of politics, that they have been swept away in a current of lostness. I wonder if they can ever be redeemed. I pray they can and do before it is too late.

• Sarah Faith Snyder Buntin

02/28/2020 02:30 PM

Someone Should Ask Them, What is It Like To Kill Off Your Own Species? On Camera Of Course.

• Rheta Russell

02/28/2020 02:30 PM

Not surprising that the vote went the way it did on this bill. Sometimes I think the Country began a down hill slide when abortions were allowed in this Country. I wish and pray that people will finally recognize how many innocent children are killed by it's own and stop the massacre.

p.s. I was only referring to all the losses people are bearing from the stock market when I, in jest, said, Send Money. I shouldn't have made that because there is no humor about the losses in the stock market. We are affected as well by the stock market sell off. I actually am more concerned about the Coronavirus. Money can be replaced at some level with a lot of uncertainty about all. But, a human being can't be replaced. I put my trust in Jesus. Thank you, Rheta

• Jody Wobser

02/28/2020 02:23 PM

The democrats have the blood of millions of innocent children on their hands. They have cursed themselves. May God have mercy on their souls.

• Mark Mittelstaedt

02/28/2020 02:07 PM

Some times, birth control fails. Parents decide they can't afford another child. Make abortion illegal and you'll have abortion charter flights to Mexico, Canada, Switzerland, Japan...women who can't throw down their wallets to get one will be forced to bear the child - and I submit there's lots of social pathology that's the result of parents raising unwanted children haphazardly. It's time for a deadline - or is it a lifeline ? After X number of weeks, it should be unlawful to get an abortion. Easy enough - force people to make up their minds...16 - 20 weeks is enough time. If you're old enough to get pregnant, you're old enough to make a decision.

• Carol Pile

02/28/2020 02:06 PM

The Republican Party and President Trump are right where I am in my beliefs, they haven't moved. On the other hand, would JFK even recognize his Democrat Party? I remember how hard they fought to save his baby who eventually passed away, and I can't imagine him putting up with this. What's next? A vote to withhold medical treatment for those of us who are 80 and older because we're no longer useful and most of us are conservative?

• Robert Minton

02/28/2020 01:52 PM

One day they will all stand before a righteous God with blood on they're hands .
    I pray the will wake up before it's to late.

• Mrs J

02/28/2020 01:51 PM

Ah, but the “patient” is not the baby being born in the “image and likeness of God”. It’s the wretched result (so
    often) of an ecstasy filled one night stand! The nerve of God to allow humans to be created by way of sexual intercourse. If only there was something like, oh I don’t know, morality, restraint, a condom or birth control pill! These parents will face their little ones at the pearly gates, lovingly wrapped in the arms of angels.

February 27, 2020

No Censure for Maxine

Paul Rossi Is Fired

A Look Back At Earth Day Predictions

The Details: Mike Lindell Sues Dominion For $1.6 Billion

• Sherry Equi

02/28/2020 06:02 PM

• Stephen Schwam

02/28/2020 05:57 PM

• James Mills

02/28/2020 05:39 PM

• Rick Clark

02/28/2020 05:06 PM

Hate to be in their shoes when the judgment comes....soon!

• Dana L Dansereau

02/28/2020 04:52 PM

• Rosemary Parker

02/28/2020 04:42 PM

Mr Huckabee:

• Janice Ceszyk

02/28/2020 04:34 PM

• Terry Janson

02/28/2020 04:02 PM

Dear Mike,

• john hopper

02/28/2020 03:53 PM

I am more afraid of the democrats than the coronavirus.

• Kathy Stegman

02/28/2020 03:28 PM

• Dennis E Cromwell

02/28/2020 03:21 PM

Exactly the reason there needs to be term limits on Capitol Hill.

• Janis Putman

• Mark Mittelstaedt

02/28/2020 02:07 PM

• Carol Pile

02/28/2020 02:06 PM

• Robert Minton

02/28/2020 01:52 PM

I pray the will wake up before it's to late.

• Mrs J