February 27, 2020

Democrats and the media (pardon my redundancy) routinely claim that President Trump has dragged the Republican Party away from its traditional principles and to the far-right. But a recent analysis found that the major positions of the GOP have remained pretty consistent going back to Reagan, while the Democrats have moved sharply to the left.

I can think of no more disgusting example of that than yesterday’s vote in the Senate, where 56 Senators, including all the Republicans and three Democrats, voted to pass the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, but it was blocked from final passage by a filibuster, thanks to 41 Democratic Senators opposing it. The three Senators running for President (Sanders, Warren and Klobuchar) weren’t there, but all three have previously opposed the bill.

All that this bill does is codify that if a baby is born alive during a “botched” abortion (“botched” meaning that the patient lived), it must receive the same medical care that any other baby would receive. This should not be a partisan issue. It’s a blindingly obvious example of basic human decency. At that point, the baby (and yes, it is a baby) is a separate, living human being. Like every other US citizen, from children to homeless drug addicts, he or she is entitled by law to receive emergency medical care.

But 41 Democrats (plus three more who were off running for President) are so beholden to the abortion lobby and its chief pusher, Planned Parenthood, that they actually voted to deny emergency medical care to that child rather than do anything that might theoretically place any limits at all on their radical “abortion up to and beyond the moment of birth” agenda. Didn’t Elizabeth Warren just rant about how horrible it was to say "Kill it" to a pregnant woman? Didn't Bernie Sanders just insist that “health care is a human right”? To oppose this law, they not only have to contradict their own statements, they have to deny the reality that a baby is a human.

To quote another long-ago Senate proceeding, “At long last, have you left no sense of decency?”

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis deserves credit

Encouraging Signs Of A Return To Sanity

• rodney Burke

02/28/2020 01:13 PM

what IS it with dems? They show yet again, another reason NOT to vote for them. Is this intentional or are they just THAT stupid? And further really, they are proving they hate America, it's people and it's values. I would think there is a legal term for that AND a penalty. The bill as one man touted, is NOT about abortion, and dems are apparently railing about abortion. The sanctity of life is gone from the party of hate. Decency is obviously gone. They are candidates for Cuba, they would be at home there. Don't know about you, but I smell a landslide. I smell a humiliation of Bernie and co. like they have never known. What's worse, I am seeing more and more about Margaret Sanger than ever before and it is NOT good.

I guess a crushing defeat is the only lesson they can understand. Sad!

• Timothy Ward

02/28/2020 01:01 PM

Hello Mike!
    First let me say my wife Gail, introduced me to your MY FAITH VOTES organization. And even though we can't donate as much as we would like, our prayers are with you daily.

My question is this, and please excuse my ignorance, but before Harry Reid was allegedly injured on his "exercise machine ...", and his departure from the Senate,he put into law the Nuclear option that I thought only required a simple majority. Democrats voted for it in unison to stifle republicans who were using the filibuster techniques to slow the democrats attack on the constitution.
    So why doesn't Mitchell use that option?

• Joe Lyddon

02/28/2020 12:44 PM

It's really a shame that they continue to be Enemies to the USA than Friends who try to make the USA better. They are obviously out to Destroy America!
    They cannot come up with ANY proposals to make America Better; only to more to Destroy us!

This makes no sense... NO ONE, who is a friend of America, should never vote for any Democrat... Local, city, County, State, or Federal!

• Richard Donato

02/28/2020 11:55 AM

sick

• Christine Braudis

02/28/2020 11:54 AM

I firmly believe that the government should not fund Planned Parenthood. Let other private dems support it with their money. We have city public clinics. We have other resources.

• Ross W. Sanders

02/28/2020 11:54 AM

Hello Mike and God bless you for your stand for righteousness and accountability of govt officials! I think that is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard and read of those democratic senators voting against the born-alive bill. All I can say may God forgive them and may they see His light before they stand before Him! Our only hope is Jesus the King of kings to set this world straight. In the meantime keep up the great work you're doing and let's continue praying things will change for the better come November! God bless!

• Sharon Jordan

02/28/2020 11:53 AM

Born A life Abortion Bill thanks goodness it didn't pass, I would consider it murder, to the highest degree, to the innocent infant ,who don't have a voice!!! I am Pro Life and will always speak out for the life of a child!!!

• Deanne Ruble

02/28/2020 11:52 AM

So very sad....can we get a list of the 41 against??

• George J Murrey

02/28/2020 11:41 AM

I can't agree with you more. The bill was to save a baby, not kill it. The dems have yet to understand that all God's ( do you think the dems are anti God?) children are precious. And if this is about the president, then they are terribly wrong. That shows their priorities are more about them getting rid of pres that works for the people, self righteousness, and less about babies. It's time for them get out and replace them with people who understand the sanctity of life.

• Kay DeWitt

02/28/2020 11:37 AM

I am going to begin THIS comment with the same four words that I began LAST NIGHT'S COMMENT....I don't believe this!...EXCEPT THAT...

Whereas, LAST NIGHT the source of my LIGHT HEARTED disbelief was the fact that, only seconds after I had sent you my comment, I should read a reecho of what I had mentioned IN my comment in your newsletter..... TODAY...

The source of my disbelief, upon Democrats rejecting the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, can hardly be described as a LIGHT HEARTED disbelief, but, rather, an AGONIZINGLY GRIEVOUS one!

What more proof THAN this can there be of the EVIL heart motive behind the Democrats desire to impeach the President....because the same indifference they had about President Trump being destroyed is the same indifference they have toward whether or not one of God's little ones are destroyed! It's too bad someone didn't remind them of Christ's words, "whatever you do to the least of these My brethren...My children...that you do unto Me!"

• Iva Slack

02/28/2020 11:25 AM

It is heart breaking to know that animals receive better care than human life. My heart aches for these babies.

• DUWAYNE WEBER

02/28/2020 11:25 AM

Totally agree with you Mike “decency” has “left” the building!(pun intended)

• Linda Dixon

02/28/2020 11:20 AM

The Democratic party left the sense of decency in the dust to feather their personal nest a very long time ago!

• David L MILLER

02/28/2020 11:20 AM

This should not be a side of the fence issue
    Every human can relate to a living baby of there kind

• DAVID ONEIL

02/28/2020 11:18 AM

Democrats do not know decency is.

• Rod Cannon

02/28/2020 11:17 AM

Why can't our Republican majority in the Senate pass something outlawing ALL abortions! They've had the majority in BOTH houses, and didn't do it.............why? Honestly, Mike I would like to see someone aggressive enough to SHOUT OUT about it! It seems all we see is silence in the House AND the Senate. Pass this bill?...absolutely, but someone PLEASE save these innocent ones.!

• Robert Julien

02/28/2020 11:02 AM

Hi Mike just wanted to give you some information on a mailing scam reportedly done by people working for Governor Charlie Baker in MA. Please check out this article.

• Connie Retter

02/28/2020 10:56 AM

Did it pass ? Anyone against this is a killer .

• james peace

02/28/2020 10:35 AM

It is alarming that United States Senators would deny needed care to citizens who survived attempted murder. Just who are they? Certainly not persons of basic moral values.
    Jim

• Vickie Blakey

02/28/2020 10:33 AM

Re-introduce the bill and let the people know so they can respond to those who do not value life.

• Rick Locke

02/28/2020 10:33 AM

Those who denied the child's right to life should be made to watch the process of either killing the baby or watching him or her slowly die.

• David Arthur Kosinski

02/28/2020 10:28 AM

Atrocious....Horrifying!

Some supernatural being is Gleeful about this.....and It's NOT God!!!

• Michael Salisbury

02/28/2020 10:25 AM

If this bill was for the passage for any animal, there would be no filibuster to kill this bill and it truly would be a bipartisan effort to secure its passage! Our nation is becoming like any other third world nation where human life doesn’t mean much! How barbaric it is to willfully kill and dismember a helpless baby!

• Barbara R. Mosier

02/28/2020 10:21 AM

How could they deny medical care to the most vulnerable and innocent among us? This is murder and the blood is on their hands!

• Kenneth Arnold

02/28/2020 10:19 AM

I love all your commentary and rants. On this one I have a comment on one statement made in the article concering the comment "At that point, the baby (and yes, it is a baby) is a separate, living human being. Like every other US citizen, from children to homeless drug addicts, he or she is entitled by law to receive emergency medical care." That conglomerate of flesh became a separate living human being at conception. I know that is what you believe also but I wanted to SAY it so the left can "complain" about it.

The heartlessness of the left is unfathomable to me. What humans can do to one another is beyond belief.

Thank you for your work and that of all your staff.

February 27, 2020

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis deserves credit

Encouraging Signs Of A Return To Sanity

• rodney Burke

02/28/2020 01:13 PM

I guess a crushing defeat is the only lesson they can understand. Sad!

• Timothy Ward

02/28/2020 01:01 PM

Hello Mike!

So why doesn't Mitchell use that option?

• Joe Lyddon

02/28/2020 12:44 PM

• Richard Donato

02/28/2020 11:55 AM

sick

• Christine Braudis

02/28/2020 11:54 AM

• Ross W. Sanders

02/28/2020 11:54 AM

• Sharon Jordan

02/28/2020 11:53 AM

• Deanne Ruble

02/28/2020 11:52 AM

So very sad....can we get a list of the 41 against??

• George J Murrey

02/28/2020 11:41 AM

• Kay DeWitt

02/28/2020 11:37 AM

• Iva Slack

02/28/2020 11:25 AM

• DUWAYNE WEBER

02/28/2020 11:25 AM

Totally agree with you Mike “decency” has “left” the building!(pun intended)

• Linda Dixon

02/28/2020 11:20 AM

• David L MILLER

02/28/2020 11:20 AM

This should not be a side of the fence issue
    Every human can relate to a living baby of there kind

• DAVID ONEIL

02/28/2020 11:18 AM

Democrats do not know decency is.

• Rod Cannon

02/28/2020 11:17 AM

• Robert Julien

02/28/2020 11:02 AM

• Connie Retter

02/28/2020 10:56 AM

Did it pass ? Anyone against this is a killer .

• james peace

02/28/2020 10:35 AM

Jim

• Vickie Blakey

02/28/2020 10:33 AM

• Rick Locke

02/28/2020 10:33 AM

• David Arthur Kosinski

02/28/2020 10:28 AM

Atrocious....Horrifying!

Some supernatural being is Gleeful about this.....and It's NOT God!!!

• Michael Salisbury

02/28/2020 10:25 AM

• Barbara R. Mosier

02/28/2020 10:21 AM

• Kenneth Arnold

02/28/2020 10:19 AM

Thank you for your work and that of all your staff.