A Twitter Storm

January 28, 2019

Over the weekend, I had a brush with one of those Twitter storms so many people fear these days, and I had a reminder of why they don’t really matter at all.

Many people are skeptical of CNN’s claim that they did not get a leaked “tip” from the FBI or Mueller’s team to have a camera crew on Trump adviser Roger Stone’s lawn before dawn Friday when the FBI conducted what should have been a top-secret raid to serve him with seven indictments in the Mueller investigation (actually, there never should have been any such armed raid.  Stone is a 66-year-old, nonviolent alleged offender with no criminal record or current passport who had already offered to voluntarily turn himself in.  Bursting into his home with that kind of firepower was political theater designed to pressure Stone and make headlines.  It was not only unconscionable treatment of an American citizen, it was also reckless and dangerous: Stone’s wife is deaf, and agents waving guns were yelling instructions at her that she couldn’t hear.  Thank God nobody was killed as a result of that outrageous, unnecessary stunt.  Someone should be fired over it, at the very least.)

Well, someone emailed me a story noting that CNN contributor John Campbell was a former FBI special agent and special assistant to James Comey, and an outspoken defender of the FBI and the Mueller investigation and a Trump critic.  That’s all true, as you can see from this op-ed he wrote for USA Today:

I made a mistake in my Twitter feed of referring to Campbell as the reporter on the scene, which he was not.  I got a ton of grief for that mistake, so I apologized and deleted the tweet – even though CNN admitted that the decision to stake out Stone’s house came from their entire “Russian investigation” team (note: none of the charges against Stone involve Russia), and since Campbell is part of their team, the fact that he wasn’t the guy who had to camp out all night tells us nothing either way about whether or not he got a tip from his inside FBI sources and passed it to CNN. It’s a distinction without a difference.  But I corrected it anyway.

Now that that’s cleared up, here’s a reminder of why all the attacks I received on Twitter didn’t bother me, and why they shouldn’t bother anyone else.

Sunday morning, I was honored to be a guest at the First Baptist Church of Dallas (their pastor, Robert Jeffress, will be a guest on my TBN show next weekend.)  In his sermon, which was on the corrosive effects of worrying, he mentioned the third Psalm.  In it, David wrote:

“Lord, how many are my foe!  How many rise up against me!  Many are saying of me, ‘God will not deliver him.”  But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.  I call out to the Lord, and He answers me from His holy mountain.  I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.  I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.”

These are words that I wish everyone, especially teenagers who are often blocked from hearing the wisdom of the Bible, could hear and take to heart.  In the days of social media, we have so many trolls with soapboxes, ready to launch full-throated attacks on others from the comfort of their homes before they even know the facts (see last week’s attacks on the Covington Catholic school boys.)  The Internet gives them a microphone, and it’s amplified by lazy reporters, who fill out their word quotas by repeating quotes from anonymous Twitter trolls as if they represented the vast majority of Americans.  Many teenagers have suffered depression and even committed suicide from this kind of cyber-bullying.

I wish I could tell them all, both the victims and the irresponsible media members who enable this behavior, simply to press the “off” button and ignore it.  If we all did that, the trolls would lose their power.

Always remember, your life’s value will not be judged by pundits or celebrities, talk show hosts or snarky bullies on Twitter or Facebook.  You have a much higher judge than that.  If you live your life so that that judge will one day tell you, “Well done, good and faithful servant,” then the transient phony “outrage” of a baying social media mob should not concern you in the least.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Idiotic Policy

• Linda Ross

01/28/2019 02:53 PM

Thank you for standing up to the bullies, and for standing for send on God's Word. I love your show!! God Bless you and your family.

• Judy Lamberth

01/28/2019 02:52 PM

I,too, was in the First Baptist Church, Dallas, congregation on Sunday. I say, AMEN, to your assessment of social media and the firestorm it tends to put into the lives of the young & old minds of our nation. We are known by "who we are in Christ" and not what others may say or tweet!!
    I so appreciated the comments you shared on Sunday concerning the time you spent with each of your children once a week. What a commitment, and what a blessing for your children.

• Terry Bowling

01/28/2019 02:14 PM

Amen Governor and God bless

• Bill Codner Sr

01/28/2019 02:13 PM

Christopher Wray and Robert Mueller should be fired immediately. These aren’t keystone cops. They are Dirty Filthy Cops who are attempting to turn our country into a Dirty Police State.
    My brother served in the bureau for over 20 years and retired after Clinton won his election. It was a good agency in those days but just a politically driven bunch of headline grabbing bullies today.
    They dropped the ball in the Orlando nightclub Muslim killing of innocent people, dropped the ball in Broward County costing the innocent lives of high schoolers, dropped the ball in California with more Muslim terrorists killings.
    But they aided and abetted Hitlary Clinton with treason, obstruction of justice, sedition, extortion and fraud. They helped the DemocRats with attacks on our POTUS.
    They have become useless.

• Bill Codner Sr

01/28/2019 02:13 PM

They have become useless.

• Priscilla Khweis

01/28/2019 01:15 PM

Thank you so much for your news !You are such a blessing to those of us that need to hear what is truly going on,not the left or media tall tales & spin ! We need to fight all this darkness w/GOD & the POWER OF PRAYER --time goes short -we all need to fight the spiritual battle !!

• Elaine Liming

01/28/2019 01:15 PM

Amen

• Maureen Turnberg

01/28/2019 01:03 PM

Could Mueller have ordered that "raid" with out Wray's approval?

• Jack Vitale

01/28/2019 01:00 PM

Mr. Huckabee you are so right. There was no need for such force on Mr. Stone residence. This is getting out of control. It’s time to shut down the Mueller investigation. He is out of control now. Where was all the investigation on Obama Hillary and the rest of the corrupt. We should not have double standards. No one is above the law. It is out of control.

• Judith Hunt

01/28/2019 12:36 PM

Thank you Mr. Huckabee for continuing to be a voice of reason and wisdom in the face of all the propaganda that is foisted upon us as “news” these days. May God continue to bless and protect you and your family and heal our nation!

• Cheryl King

01/28/2019 12:35 PM

AMEN!!!

• Carol Clower

01/28/2019 12:24 PM

I love your commentaries. I pray God will continue to give you wisdom and courage and protection from the Evil One. Bless you.

P.S. We love your TV show!

• Randy Davis

01/28/2019 12:16 PM

This is a tremendous article. Psalm 3:1-8 happens to be a section that I quote daily--it is very powerful. Looking forward to your next show and all your writings.

• Deborah Rice

01/28/2019 12:01 PM

Amen!

• A. D. Vinke

01/28/2019 11:59 AM

That bet is easy.........the Stone arrest was leaked to CNN and staged for maximum fake media effect!

• Lisa Ford

01/28/2019 11:56 AM

Yes, Govenor. Totally agree. Personally I am not on Twitter, Facebook, etc. When I used to put out applications for jobs, I wanted nothing out there, for any potential employer to see. And I am kinda a private person. Everyone doesn't need to know about my life or all my thoughts. Now retired, email is plenty. I stay out of scrapes like you just described. Maybe it would be a nice thought, everyone disconnect for a week or even a month. Amazing we got along fine growing up with a dial phone, black & white tv's. I guess you can say, I get my jollies out of disconnecting. And I get along just fine. Actually, I smile more.

God Bless you & your family.

• Angela L Lawson

01/28/2019 11:53 AM

It is more important than ever Mr. Huckabee that we Christians stick together and that we express our feelings against the evil that has become The Democrat Party. Where is all of this "money" coming from, to bring illegals to our Southern Borders, pay for trips to Puerto Rico to see "Hamilton" (instead of Democrats doing their jobs), paying Nancy Pelosi to make "World Abortion" her number one prerogative as Speaker of The House, and now this extreme law in New York saying a child that does not die in the abortion process can be legally murdered if it survives! Is it George Soros that is funding all of this evil, Mr. Huckabee? We Christians have to stand by our convictions it is more important than ever for us to "Unite Under God" to fight the evil Democrat Party.

• Judy Gregg

01/28/2019 11:38 AM

Thank you, Mr. Huckabee, for being a Christian man that is standing up against all the evil in our country!!! God bless you!!!

• Sandra Parham

01/28/2019 11:30 AM

Well said Mr. Huckabee everyone will one day be judged on what they do or don't do to others. God has given the American people opportunity time and time again to turn back to him and if we were to put him first in everything we do everyone would see things change, the violence, the drugs, the disrespect, and so many other things that is tearing our Country apart.
    Thanks for being who you are and thanks for having a daughter that stands strong on her belief as well!!
    God Bless America

• james randolph

01/28/2019 11:21 AM

Can wicked rulers be allied with you,
    those who frame injustice by statute?

They band together against the life of the righteous
    and condemn the innocent to death.

But the Lord has become my stronghold,
    and my God the rock of my refuge.

He will bring back on them their iniquity
    and wipe them out for their wickedness;
    the Lord our God will wipe them out.

[Psalm 94:20-23 ESV]

• Marlene J Bagnull

01/28/2019 11:15 AM

Well said, Mike. Thank you!

A Twitter Storm

January 28, 2019

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Idiotic Policy

• Linda Ross

01/28/2019 02:53 PM

• Judy Lamberth

01/28/2019 02:52 PM

• Terry Bowling

01/28/2019 02:14 PM

Amen Governor and God bless

• Bill Codner Sr

01/28/2019 02:13 PM

They have become useless.

• Bill Codner Sr

01/28/2019 02:13 PM

They have become useless.

• Priscilla Khweis

01/28/2019 01:15 PM

• Elaine Liming

01/28/2019 01:15 PM

Amen

• Maureen Turnberg

01/28/2019 01:03 PM

Could Mueller have ordered that "raid" with out Wray's approval?

• Jack Vitale

01/28/2019 01:00 PM

• Judith Hunt

01/28/2019 12:36 PM

• Cheryl King

01/28/2019 12:35 PM

AMEN!!!

• Carol Clower

01/28/2019 12:24 PM

P.S. We love your TV show!

• Randy Davis

01/28/2019 12:16 PM

• Deborah Rice

01/28/2019 12:01 PM

Amen!

• A. D. Vinke

01/28/2019 11:59 AM

• Lisa Ford

01/28/2019 11:56 AM

God Bless you & your family.

• Angela L Lawson

01/28/2019 11:53 AM

• Judy Gregg

01/28/2019 11:38 AM

• Sandra Parham

01/28/2019 11:30 AM

God Bless America

• james randolph

01/28/2019 11:21 AM

Can wicked rulers be allied with you,
    those who frame injustice by statute?

They band together against the life of the righteous
    and condemn the innocent to death.

But the Lord has become my stronghold,
    and my God the rock of my refuge.

He will bring back on them their iniquity
    and wipe them out for their wickedness;
    the Lord our God will wipe them out.

[Psalm 94:20-23 ESV]

• Marlene J Bagnull

01/28/2019 11:15 AM

Well said, Mike. Thank you!

A Twitter Storm

January 28, 2019

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Idiotic Policy

• Linda Ross

01/28/2019 02:53 PM

• Judy Lamberth

01/28/2019 02:52 PM

• Terry Bowling

01/28/2019 02:14 PM

Amen Governor and God bless

• Bill Codner Sr

01/28/2019 02:13 PM

They have become useless.

• Bill Codner Sr

01/28/2019 02:13 PM

They have become useless.

• Priscilla Khweis

01/28/2019 01:15 PM

• Elaine Liming

01/28/2019 01:15 PM

Amen

• Maureen Turnberg

01/28/2019 01:03 PM

Could Mueller have ordered that "raid" with out Wray's approval?

• Jack Vitale

01/28/2019 01:00 PM

• Judith Hunt

01/28/2019 12:36 PM

• Cheryl King

01/28/2019 12:35 PM

AMEN!!!

• Carol Clower

01/28/2019 12:24 PM

P.S. We love your TV show!

• Randy Davis

01/28/2019 12:16 PM

• Deborah Rice

01/28/2019 12:01 PM

Amen!

• A. D. Vinke

01/28/2019 11:59 AM

• Lisa Ford

01/28/2019 11:56 AM

God Bless you & your family.

• Angela L Lawson

01/28/2019 11:53 AM

• Judy Gregg

01/28/2019 11:38 AM

• Sandra Parham

01/28/2019 11:30 AM

God Bless America

• james randolph

01/28/2019 11:21 AM

Can wicked rulers be allied with you,
    those who frame injustice by statute?

They band together against the life of the righteous
    and condemn the innocent to death.

But the Lord has become my stronghold,
    and my God the rock of my refuge.

He will bring back on them their iniquity
    and wipe them out for their wickedness;
    the Lord our God will wipe them out.

[Psalm 94:20-23 ESV]

• Marlene J Bagnull

01/28/2019 11:15 AM

Well said, Mike. Thank you!