June 15, 2017

The big story overnight is that special counsel Robert Mueller is reportedly investigating President Trump for obstruction of justice in firing former FBI Director James Comey. This despite the fact that several top intelligence officials and even Comey himself have admitted under oath that Trump did nothing to obstruct the investigation of the “Russian collusion” story for which no evidence has ever been unearthed, and that as President, Trump has the legal authority to fire the FBI Director at any time for any reason, including that he didn’t like how an investigation is going. So why would Mueller be wasting taxpayer money investigating Trump for something he hasn’t been accused of and that he has the power to do anyway? Shouldn’t Mueller be busy explaining why he shouldn’t step down himself for his obvious conflicts of interest due to his newly-exposed deep personal ties to his own top witness, Comey?

Well, there could be a simple explanation. The story came from the Washington Post, which cited unnamed sources close to the investigation. If that’s true, then the sources are leaking information about a confidential federal investigation, which is a federal crime, and Mueller should immediately help root them out so that they can be arrested and prosecuted if he wants his investigation to maintain even a shred of credibility. If it’s not true, then it will join an ever-growing list of anti-Trump WaPo stories based on anonymous sources that made big headlines but later turned out to be a giant pile of used diapers. So maybe the prudent thing to do would be to wait until the claim is verified by a more reputable source than WaPo, like Mueller himself or the National Enquirer, or possibly a Magic 8-Ball.

• Jennifer J Hill

06/16/2017 11:16 AM

As usual, dear Governor, you hit the bullseye! Looks like all 3 rats, McCabe, Mueller, and Comey should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!! They are the Deep Swamp together with Obama, Clintons, Soros, Podesta, Rice, and should be put on a slow boat to Siberia or Gitmo!! Thank you for all you do and for your God-blessed support of President Trump and all that is good! God bless you and your family!!!

• Sid McClelland

06/16/2017 11:15 AM

Thanks governor. Love you updates.

• Carol Wilson

06/16/2017 11:14 AM

Mike, all of this just makes me sick to my stomach! I am so frustrated at the deep corruption in the swamp. I sincerely pray that President Trump keeps his head to the grindstone and continues to drain the swamp. If it is his legal authority to fire these people, then he needs to do it; perhaps in all in one day! It would be like ripping the band aid off!

• Donna Yates

06/16/2017 11:13 AM

Why was Mueller appointed as the new FBI director anyway. What a big mistake that was and is. This man worked with Commey and the others previously and should never have been appointed to do an investigation that was started by HRC in an effort to get the media attention off her disastrous political choices and the C Foundation. There is NO evidence of any Russia collusion. This investigation needs to STOP. It is nothing more than a political witch hunt to get the Repubs out of office. Which isn't going to happen. Why isn't there an investigation into the C Foundation, into the DNC leaked documents, into the Obama administration's secretly recording Trump and his administration and all the American citizens. Where is all the media on reporting these corruptions of justice?!

• perry elton dickens

06/16/2017 11:10 AM

I want to know HOW is it that the republicans have the president,vice president,house,senate and attorney general but act like they cannot do anything but answer to the demo's questions? If they are in control then why can't they start their own investigation on the one who they say need to be investigated??? sound like we don't care about keeping republicans in control this fall. The Lord answered many prayers when Trump was elected but now seems we are going down by our own hands,people like me I think are almost ready to give up and just let the republicans destroy their selves,putting it like it is is to say most republicans are now feeling as all the work that have been done was useless.

• Ricci Henry

06/16/2017 11:06 AM

It's time shows like the View and papers like Wapooh are stopped from spewing lies about Trump and others. I was at a medical provider's office waiting room the other day and was appalled and shocked at the garbage the View were dumping on the TV. It is a sad day when they are allowed to tell lies and even unsubstantiated rumors the way they do. They show they have no respect for anyone, including themselves, and will say anything to keep up ratings. Sadly, many politicians are the same. Remember how Harry Reid lied about Romney and then Pelosi and others praised him for it. All on national TV. They are a disgrace at best.

• Mickey Harmon

06/16/2017 11:06 AM

What can be done about these leaks? Can congress do anything? The President? What can I do ? I can't help financially but anything else?

• Judy Propri

06/16/2017 11:06 AM

I am concerned that Obama is staying in Washington. There is no doubt in my mind, considering his past and past actions, that he has his hand in all of these "leaks." I've never trusted him and still don't, but I have never destroyed property, burned flags, disrupted a meeting, took away someone's free speech that disagreed with me, or made cartoons of him or in any way disrespected the office or called for his impeachment. DO NOT POST THIS!

• David E Steuber

06/16/2017 11:04 AM

Mike:

Trump seems clueless about how to fight back against these people. He should be having his DOJ launch numerous investigations, from Hillary's emails, to the Clinton Foundation, to the leakers (including Comey), to the Obama administration's unmasking of Americans whose communications were intercepted, to Fast and Furious, and so on. These should be serious investigations, unlike the FBI's investigation of Hillary. Grand juries should be impaneled. Witnesses should be subpoenaed and sworn in. No friendly, off-the-record interviews. Made 'em squirm!

Moreover, he tweets that the Russia investigation is a "hoax." If so, why doesn't he provide evidence to disprove it. He certainly must know (or could find out) who on his team had any contact with a Russian during the campaign and what they discussed. Assuming that, as his tweet suggests, the contacts were innocuous, it seems to me that this information could be released in some form. In short, upstage Mueller's investigation. Make it irrelevant.

Keep up the good work.

• Sharon Decker

06/16/2017 11:03 AM

It's a sad time in this Country. The true Christians should not lesson to this for that is what the DEVIL wants. We the people need to stop this nonsence and let this President do is JOB..
    Where do we stand on UNITY? It seems that when things bad happen people what this, but then in days we go back to BULLING. SHAME ON THESE ADULTS. What example are we setting our Children up for. KEEPING MY EYES ON JESUS. (PERIOD)

• Dr Safwat Bishara

06/16/2017 11:03 AM

A waste of time, money, and energy going through allegations everybody knows are false.
    With $20 trillion national debt, this great country needs to stand united in making America great again!!

• Linda Palm

06/16/2017 11:01 AM

Throughly enjoy your honest and straight forward responses to how D.C. is trying to keep our president from doing his job. Thank you

• Judy Propri

06/16/2017 11:00 AM

• Mary Kukral

06/16/2017 10:58 AM

Gov. I thought a special investigator could only be called if there was a crime. Also Comey leaked memos so a special investigator would be called. Considering how close Comey and Meuller are who say Comey and Meuller didn't talk/discuss before Meuller was called. Rothatein's? don't have a good smell to me. Call it a bit feeling. I know that's not evidence. And these leaks....My goodness. Could Comey be doing I And Meuller hired 4 attorneys that have dem ties. If this man (Meuller) is as smart and honest and a straight arrow..he certainly knew how this would look or present itself to be questionable. So much of this doesn't pass the test of being the honest and open investigation politicians thought it would be. Remember EVERYONE thought Comey was honest and sincere. He said Trump wasn't under investigation and NO ONE had asked him to stop alter or abuse any investigation. Then says he thought Trump was asking him to stop his investigation with his "I hope" statement. He was under oath both times he said this to committee. Isn't that perjury??? Just my thoughts and confusion. I believe in POTUS. But you were my first choice. Looking forward to your new show. Thank you for all you do. Mary Kukral

• Charles Bass

06/16/2017 10:53 AM

I was reading something yesterday, I believe from the TeaParty, that Mueller, and Comet as well as acting director of FBI are all good friends with one another AND all three have ties to the Clintons. That is reason enough to seek unbiased investigators.
    Likewise, why isn't Mueller investigating the democrats with ties to Russia?

• Edward D. Worthington Sr.

06/16/2017 10:52 AM

But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

• Edward D. Worthington Sr.

06/16/2017 10:42 AM

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

• Helen Adams

06/16/2017 10:42 AM

I believe it is a witch hunt and that Mueller should step down. I believe that there are far more important "instances" which he should be investigating. Also, it bothers me that he has to hire high ranking (from the opposing side) attorneys to be paid for by our tax dollars to go after Trump. You are doing a great job. I like reading your comments each day.

• Jim Jeffers

06/16/2017 10:41 AM

Very frustrating watching this horse play continue in our federal government. Love your short commentary, keep them coming.

• Sheila Williams

06/16/2017 10:38 AM

Spot on about WaPo. Your comparison with the Magic 8-Ball & National Inquirer made me laugh. I feel blessed to have you behind our POTUS. We need more voices like yours in the world. Thanks for all you do!

• Gerard Monahan

06/16/2017 10:36 AM

Mike, thank God for you and your incredible work. Please keep up the good fight. This world is a better place because of it.

• Rosemary Scott

06/16/2017 10:35 AM

Mike, I watch all these lawyers say that almost everything going in these so-called investigations are illegal! Why isn't someone coming forward to the DOJ, the president, whoever and bring all this to the head people who can stop all this and go after the 'right' offenders of justice? Mueller obviously should not be heading an investigation when he is best buds with Comey, who very clearly is part of the deep state and wants revenge and to take the president out! How can we stop this farce and waste of our money? Why are they not going after Hillary for her very obvious security breaches that we know are real injustices? When are the Republicans going to get a backbone?!! They can stop this injustice.

• Lynn Hicks

06/16/2017 10:35 AM

I would also like to see an end to the anti-Trump agenda. We should have prosecuted Hillary and Obama and Lynch. Instead they go after a man serving without taking pay, because his only concern is the welfare of the United States. I am tired of the government waste and we need to get on with the items of true importance. President Trump should be allowed to enact and have boarder control enforced and bans upheld. Get rid of the swamp.

• Phyllis Jean Bracken

06/16/2017 10:34 AM

You always bring sense to whatever is happening, thank you. We put up with Obama for 8 years, we were very down driving home from Tallahassee a after working at Rep. headquarters for McCain. However, despite the loss of respect for America, Christianity, Military, etc., etc., we never destroyed or was rude. We worked harder to elect Republicans in TN. P.S. Had our picture taken with your wife at TFRW Convention and voted for you.

• Lillian M Hemmelrick

06/16/2017 10:32 AM

We are dealing with evil/satan. He stirs up the people to be against Godly men and women. We think Mr Trump is doing a fabulous job. Prayers daily for wisdom and safety. I would not want to be a person speaking against what God has ordained. Mueller is not trustworthy. I agree with your comments 200%.

• Franck Prissert

06/16/2017 10:32 AM

Two things I wonder about. One, what is Jeff Bezos' intent? He is WaPo's owner, after all, and the 5th richest man in the US. Two, more importantly, the Russian connection with Team Obama/Clinton is well documented. The Uranium Deal is part of it, but it is only the tip of the iceberg. The real question is why did the previous Administration let Russia expand its sphere of influence in the Middle East? Why did President Obama tell President Medvedev "This is my last election. After my election, I will have more flexibility." To which Medvedev responded "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir." Timeline. This was in March 2012. Benghazi September 2012. CIA Director Petraeus bagged November 2012. Replaced by Deputy Mike Morell, who helped write the Benghazi Talking Points. Replaced by John Brennan March 2013. Ed Snowden leaks June 2013. Goes to Hong Kong/China, then Russia. Morsi ousted July 2013. Operation Bright Star cancelled by President Obama September 2013. Merkel finds out her phone tapped by NSA October 2013. Ongoing Iran negotiations. Geneva Agreement November 24, 2013 (three days after the launch of the Euromaidan protest in Ukraine). Crimea annexation March 2014. I'll stop here but this is when Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the KRG teamed up to offset the lack of support by the Obama Administration, and to counter the threat of Russia taking over the Route To India. I am not making this up, anyone with some knowledge of geopolitics knows that Russia's objective is the conquest of Eurasia. So the question remains, why did Team Obama/Clinton let this happen? Ignorance, or compromission?

• Karyn Jacobs

06/16/2017 10:29 AM

I love your wisdom and sense of humor!

• Michael Wimberly

06/16/2017 10:28 AM

Trump needs to fire Mueller, period. Plus, Sessions needs to have Obama, Hillary, Lynch, and the other crooks arrested and thrown in jail.

• Annette Miller

06/16/2017 10:28 AM

Lets get on with business at hand and stop all of the he said she said! where are our cost of living raises, affordable health care, lower taxes, audit the FR, interest rates at banks are a joke! All of these investigations which cost the tax payers money! Why isn't government business not being conducted in the White house? It cost the taxpayers money to take air force one to one of Trumps resorts, it might make money for him but we are already paying dearly for the WH! I voted for Trump let's take care of business for we the people who put him in! I could go on and on but you get my drift! I rest my case and that of a lot of we the people!!!

• Michael Bellettiere

06/16/2017 10:25 AM

Thank you Mike for bringing these items to our attention. Hopefully the brainwashed mainstream media watchers will see your newsletters and get their heads screwed on straight and realize where the left is leading them.

Mike

• Charles D Lowry

06/16/2017 10:23 AM

Yesterday I wrote a letter to all of my representatives and senators from Indiana & posted it on facebook.
    Just sent the following to all INDIANA Senators and Representatives. Feel free if you want to do the same for your elected officials.
    There is a need for all Republicans to stop and think about what has happened. Our Republican Representatives have stood back far too long and let the violence, vitriol speech and COUP against our duly elected President continue. Why? I have my opinion, and I’m sure you have yours.
    The wounding of the people yesterday may have been spurred on by some of the violence, vitriol speech and COUP against our President. Already there have been democrats blaming President Trump for this shooting. Even on FOX news, one commentator was quick to name our President as somewhat responsible for the shooting!
    Congressmen and Senators were elected by “We the people”, and many rode the coattails of President Trump. So many of these Congressmen and Senators are quick to distance themselves from him now they are in office as the President (basically by himself) has courageously stood up for the PEOPLE and rejected the establishment, as he promised he would do from the beginning of his candidacy and so far throughout his time in the Whitehouse.
    The latest attempt for a COUP was the establishment of an “Independent Counsel” to investigate the campaign and conduct of our President. The appointment of that person is against the law … (conflicts of interest)! Additionally, the lawyers hired by this “special counsel” have strong ties to the democratic party, as contributors and supporters. One of the lawyers even represented the Clinton’s foundation.
    The special councel has strong ties to former FBI director Comey who has an axe to grind because he was justly fired. Even the left was calling for his firing when it suited their purpose. You all know that story. By the way, Comey said, under oath, there was no collusion with the Russians. The President (according to Comey) said that Trump said: "'I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."
    “I HOPE” (don’t want to get in trouble for hoping) OUR Representatives and Senators, coordinate with the DOJ to put an end to this COUP attempt! Then a special councel should be appointed to investigate Comey, Lynch, Clinton, Obama and all the leaks from our intelligence agencies. After all, the Republicans control the House, the Senate and the Whitehouse. IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO STAND UP AND DO THEIR JOBS.
    Charles D Lowry

• Amy B. Syrell

06/16/2017 10:21 AM

I always read your newsletters and try to catch every time you appear on Fox. I believe that you and Newt Gingrich are supplying the public with the most accurate information and the most reasonable personal comments. You are always on Target and this article regarding Mueller is no different. Since he was appointed to conduct the investigation into Russian collusion is he also going to investigate the Democrats? And does he have the right to change the focus of his investigation from Russian collusion to obstruction of justice?

• Ricci Henry

06/16/2017 10:17 AM

I hear it's just a formality to prove Trump is not guilty of ANY crime. Still, you have to consider the sources. "Wapooh" and "New York Crimes" have totally proven they have no credibility. Ditto, for "CNN Fables" and "NBC Nightmares." I am sure it's time to legislate a punishment for publishing false data in any media outlet. It's time to return to the days when media outlets were responsible and honest. Objective! It's time they had to prove the veracity of their reports.

• Vicki ANDERSON

06/16/2017 10:09 AM

Thank you for such a right on letter. Thank you too for putting the truth right out there, pulling it all together so we know what is taking place. Keep it up!

• georgia BILYEU

06/16/2017 10:08 AM

Mornin'
    I think you are the last honest person in Washington. Please keep up the good work and the truth will set us free!.
    Ga

• Debbie Powell

06/16/2017 10:08 AM

I wish they would leave Trump alone, and let him get back to the business of running this country.

• Thomas Woods

06/16/2017 10:04 AM

One wonders when our government officials will stop bickering and go to work doing their jobs. If I were to fight like little children at my job as they do I would be fired. I think President Trump should fire everyone who is negative. Get arrows all lined up heading in the same direction. No leaders wants to be surrounded by yes men, but they don't need people who are not doing what they were hired to do. Get on board and get going.

• Betsey James

06/16/2017 10:03 AM

Praying for President Trump for God Almighty to strengthen and protect him in all ways and to surround him with loyal men and women who love God's word and seek His voice in all they do, say, think and believe - in Trump's cabinet, the bureaucracies, his administration, his supporters and all true citizens of this God endowed nation. May all the influence and fortunes of the fake news, the shadow gov't, the deep state, the anarchists, the self-righteous liberals, Democrats, rhino Republicans, radical Muslims and all who seek to destroy the God ordained foundation that this nation was built, fall like heavy stones from the sky now NEVER to return to our United States of America. Thank you, Mr. Huckabee, for your courage and faithfulness to defend and advance the TRUTH in our nation! God's blessings always!

• donald winstead

06/16/2017 10:01 AM

Mr. Huckabee, how did congress or why did they pick Mueller, since he and Comey are best friends. Also what are the Republicans doing to stop some of this crooked, illegal, lies and other things, that the demon'crats keep doing and getting away with???

• Shirley Lyons

06/16/2017 10:00 AM

I pray that Mueller will be HONEST and IMPARTIAL and LAWFUL and by God's hand, our land will be healed! Thank you Mike Huckabee for being GODLY and a voice for God fearing American's everywhere.

• Barbara Whitfield

06/16/2017 09:59 AM

I love you Mike! I hope some day my husband and I can join you on a trip!

• Joseph Kelly

06/16/2017 09:57 AM

Mike,
    I agree 100% with your analysis and comment.

• KAREN BURKART

06/16/2017 09:52 AM

While I'm relatively sure there are leakers, how do we know that WaPo isn't just making up some stories themselves?

• Susan T Palladino

06/16/2017 09:51 AM

Watching all these leaks is very concerning. Security is at risk. Since all the others that have looked into this mess with the Russians, just maybe they should find out how to stop the hacking from the Russians if indeed they did it. Because according to Assange way back when he got the information from someone else.
    Mueller should be finding the leakers and let the rest of us move this great country forward.

• Paul Roberson

06/16/2017 09:49 AM

Obama & Soros should be arrested for inciting riots and promoting public dis-harmony.

• Audrey Morris

06/16/2017 09:48 AM

As s senior citizen and a devout christian, it breaks my heart the way Washington is operating... You were one of the candidates and respected who won... Mr Trump was not my number one pic but I certainly respect what the American people have decided and SHOW SHOULD WASHINGTON. People that truly don't respect one another have no business representing anyone in the United States. Seems no one in Washington is held responsible for his or her actions and now they are still trying to prove the president wrong. WHAT A HORRIFIC WASTE OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS.. So much hate in the USA soon other countries will be laughing at us. Thank you Mr. Huckabee for your messages.

• Diane Gatto

06/16/2017 09:48 AM

Has Trump scrubbed the White House for listening devices & cameras? I wouldn't put ANYTHING past the previous resident!

• Dr William Geralds

06/16/2017 09:47 AM

Mike - I certainly agree with all you wrote. This entire situation regarding President Trump had me sick!
    I would like to ask you why, as caring, concerned, responsible
    Republicans and Americans do we continue to sit and watch as Hillary, Loretta, Weiner's wife and the rest of that group, continue to be free with no repercussions? Those that could do something - won't. The lack of backbone in the Republican Party is shocking to me. I for one am extremely disappointed and will not contribute any additional monies until some guts are shown!

• Lynn Hopkins

06/16/2017 09:45 AM

My anger is turning into frustration that the president and republicans aren't exerting their power and authority and just taking all this abuse. can we please stop whining and comp-lain and do something.

• Merwinna Stevens

06/16/2017 09:44 AM

Praying that our beloved President listen to God's wisdom. No weapon formed against him will prosper and every tongue that rises against him is condemned.

June 15, 2017

• Jennifer J Hill

06/16/2017 11:16 AM

• Sid McClelland

06/16/2017 11:15 AM

Thanks governor. Love you updates.

• Carol Wilson

• Judy Propri

06/16/2017 11:00 AM

• Mary Kukral

06/16/2017 10:58 AM

• Charles Bass

06/16/2017 10:53 AM

Likewise, why isn't Mueller investigating the democrats with ties to Russia?

• Edward D. Worthington Sr.

06/16/2017 10:52 AM

• Edward D. Worthington Sr.

06/16/2017 10:42 AM

• Lillian M Hemmelrick

06/16/2017 10:32 AM

• Franck Prissert

06/16/2017 10:32 AM

• Karyn Jacobs

06/16/2017 10:29 AM

I love your wisdom and sense of humor!

• Michael Wimberly

• donald winstead

06/16/2017 10:01 AM

• Shirley Lyons

06/16/2017 10:00 AM

• Barbara Whitfield

06/16/2017 09:59 AM

I love you Mike! I hope some day my husband and I can join you on a trip!

• Joseph Kelly

06/16/2017 09:57 AM

Mike,
    I agree 100% with your analysis and comment.

• KAREN BURKART