December 4, 2017

On our very first show, I said I wanted to provide a show that informed and entertained and covered issues of the day, but one that didn’t raise your blood pressure to 300/200. Tonight, I might unintentionally violate that pledge, but there’s no way for me to cover the topic without it making you mad. I’m certainly fed up and fired up.

Over the past several weeks, there has been an avalanche of stories involving powerful men exploiting and sometimes violating younger vulnerable women. Celebrities in entertainment, news, and politics have been exposed as sexual predators and many have resigned in disgraced or been abruptly fired. These are all tragic stories, but we’ve recently just been made aware of a different kind of sex scandal involving elected officials whose salary YOU pay for.

Over $17 million of YOUR money has been paid as hush money to victims of people in Congress who created a secret slush fund for their sexual sins. Let that sink in a minute. We have to assume that many of those who preyed upon staff members or others are still strutting around the Capitol. But it’s not enough that they have gotten away with sexual harassment and perhaps assault.

It’s that they used YOUR money—not theirs—to pay the victims settlements so they would stay quiet and go away. It’s not the victims who need to shut up and go away! It’s the disgraceful officials who trampled over their victims and then stole money from the federal treasury to pay for what amounts to high-priced zipper repair. The crimes of these perverts should NOT be kept secret. The VICTIMS should be protected, but the perps who violated these women should be paraded in front of the nation and be forced to pay for their own misbehavior.

Fortunately Congressmen like Jackie Speier of California, a Democrat and Congressman Marsha Blackburn, a Republican are demanding that the lights be turned on. And when the lights are on, the rats and roaches will surely run for cover. I applaud the Congressmen and their colleagues for trying to open the windows and let the sun shine in. Whoever has used our money to pay for the silence of sexual victims should pay it back and if still in office, have the grace to resign. Republican or Democrat—doesn’t matter. This isn’t about left or right; this about right and wrong. It may be something that actually achieves bi-partisan support. I’m disappointed by the misdeeds of Hollywood celebrities, news anchors, or sports figures, but I’m outraged that any member of Congress would think it okay to cover their personal sins by paying the public’s cash to their victims that they stole from widows’ Social Security checks, from the salaries of our soldiers, or from the surgery needed by an impoverished child. If this upsets you, then good. It needs to. I’m furious. Washington wastes enough of my money without having ME paying for their inability to keep their hands to themselves.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.

• Phyllis Eversole

12/04/2017 10:52 PM

Yes, I agree. It doesn't matter who you are, you should at for your sins yourself. Be sure your sins will find you out. It's very discouraging to hear these accusations and very detrimental to young people who look up to them.

• debbie graham

12/04/2017 10:43 PM

Right on Mr. Huckabee........I have been stunned how many are being outed by their victims this week.
    It is time to drain the swamp....What about Trump's statements and HIS accusers...why are we protecting him? He is no better than any of these other men....! His statements about grabbing a woman's "pussy" is just
    repulsive to me and many other women... I think Trump should step down and let Mike Pence be president.
    At least he is a moral man as far as I know... I voted for Trump, but I have to tell you, he does not act
    presidential...He mouth runs away before he engages his brain...I'm glad he is doing so much for us, but
    I am seeing and hearing things I absolutely do not like. I wish he would stay off of Twitter....

• Anita Kubes

12/04/2017 10:09 PM

I agree with your statements 100%. I am so happy that the corruption in Washington is finally seeing the light of day. I really believe you are going to have to kick them out, because they have no idea what the right thing to do is. Another problem is their inflated ego.

• Amy Syrell

12/04/2017 09:59 PM

Why can't we get a public listing of how and who among the Congress and Federal Government have used our money to bury their sexual escapades? These people, all of them, are public servants and they've used their constituents money for an illegal purpose. Why else would they want to hide it all.

• Sherry Stone

12/04/2017 09:57 PM

I agree that they should have to pay every dime back! It shouldn’t be a voluntary resignation either, they should automatically kicked out of office! How dare they use our hard earned money to pay for their crimes, it’s outrageous! If we used our tax money to pay for something, the IRS would make us pay it back immediately! In fact, they would just take it back, right out of our bank accounts! This is why no one likes Washington!

• LLOYD J MCCURDY

12/04/2017 09:57 PM

Just one more example of how the Senators/Representatives view themselves. As an Aristocracy that is funded by the
    lower classes. Why else do they get privileged healthcare, exceptional pay, vote themselves pay raises, privileged retirement
    plan, mucho vacation, free airline access, and now funds to pay bribes to cover their criminal activities. Yes it is time to make
    public the names of those that have used these funds since its inception, it is time to drain the swamp, and time to revamp
    all legislation that deals with Congressional special perks, as well as limiting time in Congress.

• Judi Fey

12/04/2017 09:40 PM

Vote against incumbents, make the list and amounts public, enforce repayment, do away with the slush fund. The problem is that Congress has gotten away with voting what they want for themselves and is totally out of control. They have no sense of right and wrong or of public service - only self-service.

• Wiley Brooks

12/04/2017 09:33 PM

I KEEP ASKING THIS QUESTION & i CAN'T GET AN ANSWER. Congress keeps agonizing over whether the corporate rate should be 15, 20, 22 or 25%. Whatever the percent, corporations don't pay it. In one way or another the consumer ends up paying it. Why shouldn't it be ZERO? If you don't have an answer ask Art Laffer.

• Janice Griffin

12/04/2017 09:32 PM

This is so totally unacceptable. It should anger every American tax payer. When I Googled it it looks like it was approved during the Bill Clinton years. They should all resign.

• curt norman

12/04/2017 09:28 PM

Gov, that is precisely the reaction I was hoping for from you, and you did'nt disappoint!! You captured the sickness and arrogance of those in congress committing these acts, and then having the gall to put it on the taxpayers' bill---Bravo to you, Sir.
    Now let's see who votes No on legislation to stop this outrageous practice.

• Karen McKee

12/04/2017 09:09 PM

I agree with you 100%. My question is this; WHAT are WE going to do about it?
    I'm tired of sitting here on my laurels waiting for congress to govern itself.
    Is there anyone out there willing to SUE Congress?
    I'm all in for filing a class action lawsuit against those who used MY money to pay off their victims. I want every penny paid back!
    So, instead of talking and complaining about it, what are WE going to DO about it?

• Gwyne Falo

12/04/2017 08:53 PM

Dear Mr. Huckabee, it is answer to many Christians' prayers to see that which has been hidden for so long brought into the light. If all of this could have been hidden for longer, many people would have been happy about that. So I am thankful to God for hearing prayers on behalf of these victims and on behalf of the American people to know the truth. Here is a prayer: Lord God, thank You for bringing about the exposure of evil in our midst; thank You for people having the courage to speak up. May the evil that has yet to be exposed, be also brought to the light so everyone can see, especially concerning our government's, (past and present), and Hollywood's involvement in pedophilia. For the sake of the children, those who have been victims and for those children in the future, I pray that all evil doers be exposed and brought to justice. Thank You for people like Mr. Huckabee, who are in the forefront as spokesmen, who are blessing this nation, because they care for those who are without a voice, and because they stand up for Your Gospel truths. Please bless President Trump to stand firm, to not waiver against those who are trying to silence and oppose the truth, and may President Trump and his administration be used by You to expose who and what is at the bottom of the swamp, bringing these people to rightful judgment of their crimes for the sake of our nation, so we are blessed as a nation again by You, the only true Lord, King, and Savior. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

• Evelyn Poole

12/04/2017 08:45 PM

I sure agree, first of all they should not have a career 4 yrs. that's it, no salary, no benefits. These public servants have forgotten they are here to serve the VOTING TAX PAYING people that help elect them, and they are not there to BE SERVED. That is such a cesspool Bless Trump's heart I hope he can turn it around, but they absolutely crucify him everyday. The sorry worthless things should all be FIRED, and never be able to run for anything EVER again. Thank Mr. Mike, I do what you on tv very good show. Evelyn

• Pearl Brock

12/04/2017 08:45 PM

You are not the only one who is disgusted and appalled by this information. However you might be the only one who will stand up and see that justice is done. God bless you.

• omer m. jackson

12/04/2017 08:28 PM

They are part of the two tier justice system along with Bill Hillary James Comey and Bob mueller who think they are special when in reality they are nothing more than criminals and thieves they show that their objective is to get all they can steal from the working people they call social security and Medicare entitlements but every paycheck I made ssand Medicare taxes were taken out I think their retirement and insurance needs to be taken away and let them participate in the same programs as working families do they are not special

• Bill Gannon

12/04/2017 08:26 PM

Every single payout needs to be investigated. If the charges are unfounded, so be it, the options become reimbursement by the person who agreed to the settlement or give them their walking papers. If the charges are substantiated not only should the perpetrator repay the funds, they should be tried in a court of law for their crimes. The slush fund should never have been approved in the first place and those that agreed to put this in place should be dealt with for misappropriation of funds. There is nothing legal about this.

• Bill Ong

12/04/2017 08:18 PM

I thought it was supposed to be government by the people for the people, If you are in office you do not have to pay for your own misdeeds? We all have misdeeds, many not nearly as awful, but must pay our own way out. Sounds like case of us vs. them

• Beverly Stephens

12/04/2017 08:07 PM

Right on, Mr. Huckabee! The committers of such filth should be exposed and kicked out of Congress and receive no retirement or other benefits. Maybe Mueller should spend his time investigating that issue.

• douglas lavenburg

12/04/2017 07:28 PM

President Trump said he would "drain the swamp" and these predators are a good place to start. We tax payers are sick and tired of being trampled upon by the denigration of our values, religious beliefs, privacy and sovereignty and we certainly should not have to pay for the sickness of our elected officials for such egregious acts and filthy behavior.

• Bernadette Ungerank

12/04/2017 07:12 PM

Thanks, Governor, for your VERY justifiable anger. It is so enlightening to see how our esteemed elected officials are planning to deal with this disgraceful unlawful conduct. I was appalled to hear that these 'leaders' in D.C. will be 'punished' by required anti-harassment classes. Should I laugh or cry? How many grade-school drop-outs have we elected? I would suggest standing each of these ignorant uncouth legislators before old fashioned chalkboards to write 5,000 times, "I must keep my hands and evil thoughts to myself." Follow-up with handwritten letters of apology AND resignation to each of their constituents back home -- and no free postage. Of course this likely would be unnecessary if the teachers or parents had taken them out behind the shed for some corporal punishment occasionally.

• Jean Cutshaw

12/04/2017 07:09 PM

My husband and I both agree with you ! We the citizens of America need to be told who these elected officials are and how much of our money was paid out for then unlawfully. They should be ordered to pay back every dime and we agree that they should resign their office immediately and not be eligible to draw any future salary or "retirement" benefits. If they have already left office (for any reason) then whatever "benefits" they have received should be paid back to our government. My question is - how did this money get used if it wasn't in the budget and "no one" knew about the "fund"? ? ? Does our government have OTHER secret "slush funds"?

• Sheila Beers

12/04/2017 07:07 PM

I agree with you 100 per cent, Mr. Huckabee. Taxpayer money absolutely should not be used to cover the immoral or sick actions of Congressmen who prey on women or to pay off the victimized women. In the case of Senator Franken, his incident happened while he was involved in a comedy skit, and it was years before he ran for public office. Personally, I believe his female accuser is a cry-baby. However, I do empathize with the other women who claimed to be victims, and I do believe the men responsible for disrespecting them should be singled out and punished according to established legal penalties. I also believe the men should be removed from office and disowned by their political party.

• Sue a warneke

12/04/2017 07:06 PM

Draining of the swamp has just began.

• reginald watson

12/04/2017 06:55 PM

What is happening today is a major result of the permissive society. In times gone by, certainly when I was growing up, we were told by parents that such behaviour is unacceptable and that our lives were to be governed by a sense of morality. All this is gone of course with the result - anything goes! Should we, therefore, be surprised?

• Joan V Taylor

12/04/2017 06:55 PM

I agree with your position on what steps those who have committed sexual harassment should NOT use taxpayer/government money to cover their actions ... and should pay back the money they illegally used.

• Irene Single

12/04/2017 06:51 PM

I agree with you wholeheartedly Mr. Huckabee. It is a disgrace that these elected officials not only did these perverted acts but that our government created a "slush" fund to pay for their court costs!! I am very angry about the whole thing. We work hard in this country to make ends meet for our families without supporting such ludicrous actions.

• Stephen Russell

12/04/2017 06:35 PM

End all such House & Senate parks alone IF any, If doing it here, maybe elsewhere.
    Defund this slush Fund & any money laundering by the Dems alone via the House or Senate.
    END THIS.
    Prosecute those guilty in House & Senate & file for Special elections BUT reform House & Senate procedures & policies aloneIE Update.
    Then these" funds" wont exisit in House or Senate ever again.
    Add fund to CAGW.org Govt waste file.
    END THE FUND & Prosecute those found Guilty

• Carl Nelson

12/04/2017 06:20 PM

All money should be paid back and names published. This fund should be ended.

All names should be made public and they should have to pay all money back. This fund should be done away with never should have been started in the first place.

• Anne Lofranco

12/04/2017 06:20 PM

They need to be charged with a crime, theft or behaviour unbecoming an elected official. Above all be made
    to pay us back.
    Sickening,

• Mary Diecidue

12/04/2017 05:32 PM

This is totally outrageous Gov Huckabee!!!!!!! How do they get away with this.......seems like they all need to be checked on everything they do.........God help us!!!!!

• Frank Dufek

12/04/2017 05:31 PM

Unfortunately we are all sinful people, but those who prey on others, what ever the crime, need to be held accountable and pay the price required by law and by no means should it come from someone else to bear the burden of that cost.

• Doug Holcombe

12/04/2017 05:27 PM

I agree with every thing you said , but we are dancing around a very important principal of our whole system of justice in both the legislative cases as well as all the others that have happened recently. The concept of innocent until proven guilty! We need to stand tall on this one or anyone who is mad at you can come forward after 50 years and make any kind of claim How could you possibly protect yourself from their claim? Women do need to stand up to those who abuse them and we need to prosecute them but it has got to be in a timely manner. This is a thing for the judges and juries to handle not the PRESS!

• Gail Rullis

12/04/2017 05:25 PM

Thank you for standing up for what is right. More and more victims are finding the courage to come forward and it is about time. My only concern would be that someone might be innocent of what they are being accused. Also, as one of the previous commentators indicated, the victim might be a male. God Bless you for telling it like it is. The wrongdoing has gone on long enough. It is time to put an end to it. Keep up the good work.

• Bobbie Booi

12/04/2017 05:13 PM

If the working households wasted money like our representatives do we would all be bankrupt. All the elected should have to survive for no less than one month on no more than $3000.00. They might learn to respect the value of a dollar. Any money spent of pay offs should be paid back to the taxpayers!!!! Keep up the good work, Mike.

• Lawrence Hoya

12/04/2017 05:10 PM

I'm with you Mike 100%. These scumbags should be fired and made to pay back full restitution and then thrown in prison period.

• Martha Stanton

12/04/2017 04:56 PM

We agree with you on this

• robert dean gunn

12/04/2017 04:51 PM

Fire all whose name is on the list of having received money and do away with the fund. I've lived in the Republic of Panama for over 40 years but as an American, I follow the USA news and am fed-up with our Congress. Thanks for your commentaries...well done.

• Charles Curry

12/04/2017 04:50 PM

Mr. Huckabee,
    I have really been amazed at this. One after another, day after day, men in the public eye getting accused of taking advantage of a young intern or secretary working for them. The thing I find the most incredible about all this is that these men really believed that they would get away with this ? They did not believe it would come back to haunt them ? It seems to me, that if someone acts in a professional manner and behaves themselves, they would have very little to worry about. It is just common sense that, unfortunately, is becoming less and less common.

• Donnia Legg

12/04/2017 04:49 PM

When I read about IRS pay off, I told fed rep and senators the people responsible should pay from own salary, be fired and no retirement money. Feel the same way about this crazy setup.

• Robert Odell Jr

12/04/2017 04:48 PM

Completely agree w/you...Off the subject - I am still trying to reach your office to see how I can purchase another signed red guitar. The one you so graciously sent me several years ago was stolen out of my medical office several months ago. Unabvle to find replacement anywhere nor a number for your office.

Bob Odell, MD, PhD
    Neuropathy & Pain Centers of Las Vegas

• Ethel Hurlow

12/04/2017 04:46 PM

You are so right. This country needs to get down on it's knees and thank God he hasn't destroyed us yet. That tells me God is waiting for us to do the right thing, so let's get it on. Let's get the names of these people and the dollar amount that they owe "We the People" and make sure we are paid back and they are put out to pasture.

• Paula Harris

12/04/2017 04:44 PM

WHY IN THE WORLD ARE THE TAXPAYERS PAYING FOR THEIR PERVERSIONS???? This should be coming out of their pockets. They should be made to resign, forfeit ALL their benefits and pensions and NO severance. If this were any of us, we would not have a pot to p*** in or a window to throw it out. This is soooo disgusting that we have people in these high places in government who are so full of themselves that they think this is acceptable behavior and do not have to answer for it. They will answer but not in this world. The example they set to their constituents is shameful. I heard a comment lately and I feel this says it all; There is no swamp in DC or in the beltway. A swamp is actually a good thing and serves an ecological purpose. DC is a perverted cesspool!!!!

• Darrel B. Couch

12/04/2017 04:38 PM

Mike, Continue the great stand. These predators, male or female, need to pay the same legal price as any other sex offender. Crime, regardless of the offender, is still a crime. They need to be prosecuted and be required to be put on sex offender lists just as Joe Average has to do.

• gary plummer

12/04/2017 04:29 PM

clean up the swamp and then have term limits

• Randy Barker

12/04/2017 04:21 PM

This IS an outrage. Their names should be all over the news, have to pay it back and resign. The “slush fund” should be totally deleted and the person who came up with this fund should also resign. But, alas, with our corrupt FBI agents and IRS agents who is going to investigate.

• Charles Gillespie

12/04/2017 04:20 PM

Thanks Mike for helping bring this out into the open. If we identify these *%x^%%#, we can gdtthem out of office and maybe have them repay the government. Thanks for all your hard work. I grew up in Arkansas but left before I had an opportunity to vote for you. I also love the job your daughter is doing!

• Reba Davis

12/04/2017 04:17 PM

Where is the petition or survey or the White house hot line to call that should go along with this outrage so we can protest and expose what a few elitist government personnel are doing?

• Ti Michelle Connelly

12/04/2017 04:12 PM

i am so disgusted with the national media deciding whom to prosecute. If it is a Republican no trial necessary...they're GUILTY. Should they be a clinton family member or one of the concubines of the clinton political orgy group (AKA Brown Noses or A** Kissers) De be INNOCENT!

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

• Lorraine C Fox

12/04/2017 04:08 PM

Amen & Amen, Mike! Empty the swamp & then some! Let's do the next RIGHT thing & be a good example to those who are watching us, especially our young people!! Thank you for telling us the truth about what is going on.

• Evelyn ormsbee

12/04/2017 04:01 PM

When, where, who, and what started this ridiculous fund!!!! Yes, it should be paid back with interest. The irs would charge me if I didn’t pay.

Great job on keeping us informed.

December 4, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.

• Phyllis Eversole

• Wiley Brooks

12/04/2017 09:33 PM

• Janice Griffin

12/04/2017 09:32 PM

• curt norman

12/04/2017 09:28 PM

Now let's see who votes No on legislation to stop this outrageous practice.

• Karen McKee

12/04/2017 09:09 PM

I agree with you 100%. My question is this; WHAT are WE going to do about it?
    I'm tired of sitting here on my laurels waiting for congress to govern itself.
    Is there anyone out there willing to SUE Congress?

• Gwyne Falo

• Jean Cutshaw

12/04/2017 07:09 PM

• Sheila Beers

12/04/2017 07:07 PM

• Sue a warneke

12/04/2017 07:06 PM

Draining of the swamp has just began.

• reginald watson

12/04/2017 06:55 PM

• Joan V Taylor

12/04/2017 06:55 PM

• Irene Single

12/04/2017 06:51 PM

• Stephen Russell

12/04/2017 06:35 PM

END THIS.
    Then these" funds" wont exisit in House or Senate ever again.
    Add fund to CAGW.org Govt waste file.
    END THE FUND & Prosecute those found Guilty

• Carl Nelson

12/04/2017 06:20 PM

All money should be paid back and names published. This fund should be ended.

• Anne Lofranco

12/04/2017 04:12 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

• Lorraine C Fox

12/04/2017 04:08 PM

• Evelyn ormsbee

12/04/2017 04:01 PM

Great job on keeping us informed.