Heartfelt thanks to reader Shannon for this response to my “20 questions for James Comey.”  Not only do we get a view from inside the FBI, but we’re also directed to some MUST-READ material, especially the letter to Judge Emmet Sullivan from Robyn Gritz (link below).

From Shannon:

Brilliant, Gov.  I regretfully worked under Comey and Mueller when Comey was deputy AG and Mueller FBI director, while in the FBI on the War Crime tribunals of Saddam and his former regime.  I am thoroughly disgusted and ashamed.  The DOJ is nothing more than a conduit for corrupt, partisan Clinton holdovers –- lying, cheating, hypocrites who used and abused their office and by doing so sullied the good name and reputation of the men and women they allegedly led.  Prosecution of them –- McCabe, Strzok, Page and myriad others –- would not be good enough.  Read the letter submitted to Judge Sullivan by former SSA Robyn Gritz of the FBI concerning the guilty plea of General Flynn, a verifiable patriot.  I am sick over the fall of our Justice Department and the reprehensible treatment of our President by the left and our corrupt media.

From Me:

Thanks again for writing, Shannon.  While searching online for the letter from Robyn Gritz, I also came across a helpful commentary by Michael Ledeen that references her.  Gritz, for those who don’t know, is the decorated now-retired supervisory agent for the FBI who filed a sexual discrimination lawsuit at the FBI.  When the Bureau, specifically Comey and McCabe, fought it, Flynn voluntarily wrote a letter to the court vouching for her high standards of character.  It’s theorized that this is yet another reason why the higher-ups at the FBI relished the idea of going after Flynn.

Anyway, the commentary by Ledeen covers a lot of the same ground we have but lays it out beautifully.  (One reference in it needs to be updated, however; since Ledeen wrote his piece, the original 302 has reportedly been produced for Judge Sullivan.)  Ledeen also explains what made Flynn such a distinguished military leader; in particular, his transformation of the way we run battlefield intelligence and use it in field operations.  In a nutshell, it was his plan to take battlefield decisions out of the hands of bureaucrats and give them to the men and women in the field.  Sounds as if he was just the kind of leader we would have wanted as Trump’s national security advisor, and it’s our loss that this was not to be.  On the other hand, Flynn also sounds like the kind of person who would make a great chief of staff, if Trump is so inclined.

Here is that very detailed letter from Robyn Gritz to Judge Sullivan.  Not only does she praise Gen. Flynn to the skies, but she contrasts him sharply with the individuals who targeted him, particularly Andrew McCabe.  She says, “I have known both men (Flynn and McCabe) for 12-13 years and worked with both throughout my career.  They are on the opposite spectrum of each other with regard to truthfulness, temperament and ethics, both professionally and personally.”

“It is so very painful to watch an American hero, and my friend, torn apart like this,” she writes to the judge.  Both she and Gen. Flynn had to sell their houses because of the expense of their respective legal battles, and she empathizes greatly.  She furthers the argument made by Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch that “the process is the punishment,” saying, “This process is the one which many FBI employees, current, retired and former, feel was brought to the FBI by Mueller and he subsequently brought this to the Special Counsel Investigation.  It also fostered the behavior by FBI ‘leadership’ which we find ourselves shocked at when revealed on a daily basis...I believe many individuals involved in Mike’s case have lost their way and could care less about protection of due process, civil and legal rights of who they are targeting.”

And it goes on at length, very powerfully.  We’ve been wondering when the good people at the FBI were going to speak up about what’s been going on there, and THIS IS IT, right here, in spades.  (Of course, reader Shannon is to be commended for speaking up as well, and there are others.)  This remarkable letter is AN ABSOLUTE MUST-READ.  One can only hope and pray that it helps Judge Sullivan understand exactly what he’s dealing with in his courtroom, in case he hasn't noticed that swamp creatures are leaving slime trails on his floor.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

President Trump fulfills promise, declassifies all "Russia"

• Alex Hagemann

12/18/2018 01:03 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee~
    I have written in your comments section before, and I am ashamed of our Government as well. I don't trust them as far as I can believe them. I am sorry for what they did to a great Military Hero. Mr. Flynn. And am ashamed about what they are doing to our President. He has done more for this Country than any other President. He still has my vote in 2020. And the best book to buy for Christmas?.... The Bible. Need I say more? God Bless you Gov. I'm a big fan of yours and I wished President Trump had put you as one of staff.
    Alex H.

• Vicki Blankenship

12/18/2018 12:44 PM

What has happened to Judge Napolitano? He seems to have turned totally liberal. He just defended Comey, saying he understood his frustration and blamed politically-motivated Republicans! He also said the Hillary investigation should be closed! I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this matter.

• BeeGee Johnston

12/18/2018 12:29 PM

Just wanted to wish you a blessed Christmas and happy new year??????
    Thank you for reporting the news and for being in Trump’s corner as he battles to MAGA ??

• Adrienne Corley Johnson

12/18/2018 12:27 PM

Governor Huckabee, I will make this brief as I know you have lots to do.
    1.) I especially loved this article (above). so much much needed truthful information that we rarely see/hear anywhere.
    2.) We love your show. We watch all the time; last week was special. We are so sorry for your announcer who lost his son and are glad that he has you all to help.
    3.) My maiden name is Corley and I live in Boonville, Missouri. I learned that Trey Corley is from Joplin, MO. I call him my "cousin."
    4.) We watch FOX Business exclusively unless it is the weekend; then we sort of relunctantly go to Fox News, which we think has gone over to the other side except for a very few.
    5.) We love your daughter who is amazing. We wish we could have tasted that pie!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Patricia Slyter

12/18/2018 12:19 PM

General Flynn is a true patriot and hero! I’m horrified but what was done to him by the Obama/Mueller/Comey machine! One thing that has come out of this is now everyone knows who he is and what a truly honorable, selfless man he is! He would make a wonderful chief of staff or a President some day if he would be so inclined to continue serving this country!

• AnneTurner

12/18/2018 12:03 PM

Dear Governor,
    First let me say that I am grateful for your commentary. You put things on perspective. I am frighted for my grandchildren. If the left gets a strong hold, our freedoms will go down the tube. DNC: LISTENTo ME! Trump won, partly on policies people liked, but mostly because HRC was such a poor, disingenuous candidate. Everyone knows that she and Bill are corrupt. I am not say the President is a stellar person or a pillar of virtual behavior, but in comparison he is at least open. Go ahead, field a strong lefty in 2020. You, who overwhelmingly elect someone like Cortez need to see a mental heAlth specialist. She is intellectually challenged, poor child. Roosevelt and Kennedy must be turning over in their graves. You are embarrassing yourselves. What kind of candidate insults a quarter of the electorate. Can you not see that Trump did not win, HRC lost? There is a difference, but you are too self righteous, smug, and hypocritical to see it.

• Neta C Connell

12/18/2018 11:45 AM

Hopefully our President is also reading this and will act accordingly, we sure need good people leading the way.

From Shannon:

From Me:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

President Trump fulfills promise, declassifies all "Russia"

• Alex Hagemann

12/18/2018 01:03 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee~
    Alex H.

• Vicki Blankenship

12/18/2018 12:44 PM

• BeeGee Johnston

12/18/2018 12:29 PM

Just wanted to wish you a blessed Christmas and happy new year??????

• Adrienne Corley Johnson

12/18/2018 12:27 PM

Governor Huckabee, I will make this brief as I know you have lots to do.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Patricia Slyter

12/18/2018 12:19 PM

• AnneTurner

12/18/2018 12:03 PM

Dear Governor,

• Neta C Connell

12/18/2018 11:45 AM

From Shannon:

From Me:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

President Trump fulfills promise, declassifies all "Russia"

• Alex Hagemann

12/18/2018 01:03 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee~
    Alex H.

• Vicki Blankenship

12/18/2018 12:44 PM

• BeeGee Johnston

12/18/2018 12:29 PM

Just wanted to wish you a blessed Christmas and happy new year??????

• Adrienne Corley Johnson

12/18/2018 12:27 PM

Governor Huckabee, I will make this brief as I know you have lots to do.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS