July 30, 2020

Thursday brought the sad news of the death of a friend, Herman Cain.

After a highly successful career as CEO of Godfather’s Pizza, this brilliant entrepreneur spent the following years as a radio talk show host and a Presidential candidate, but always he was a tireless advocate for free enterprise, for opportunity for all, and for an America that gave people opportunities to dream big and do big.

I became closely acquainted with Herman Cain in 2007 during my campaign for President in the GOP Primary. Herman was one of the national leaders of the Fair Tax movement, and the Fair Tax was a centerpiece of my campaign. We spent time together throughout the campaign in advocacy for the Fair Tax.

After the campaign and when I became a contributor for Fox News, I would regularly invite Herman on my show to talk free enterprise, conservative values, and of course, the Fair Tax.

In 2012, Herman launched his own campaign for President. Feeling that the country might not be able to fully understand the Fair Tax, he created a “Step One” toward the Fair Tax in his simple but profound 9-9-9 plan. The simplicity of the plan caught on, and Herman was like the evangelist in a crusade, brilliantly explaining that a tax fixed and finite is more fair. I was able to spend time with him on the campaign trail and one of my favorite memories is playing bass for a band that accompanied Herman in singing his beloved Gospel music.

He had a great sense of humor and was the eternal optimist. I loved just being around him as his vivacious spirit was truly contagious.

I’ve hated all that the Chinese Virus has done to the world, but I’m especially angry that this awful virus took the life of a great American, a kind gentleman, and my friend, Herman Cain.

At this link, some prominent people from the political world pay their respects.

• Rev. Dr. Bill Long

07/30/2020 06:43 PM

An admiral man!

• Collin Geer

07/30/2020 06:38 PM

RIP Sir!

• Susan Schwarting

07/30/2020 06:31 PM

Such sad news to hear about Herman Cain. He was such a wonderful man, I always loved to hear him speak. He would have made a great president for our country. God bless you Herman Cain.
    God bless your family and friends during this difficult time.

• Colleen Love

07/30/2020 06:23 PM

Herman Cain was a true American who pulled himself by the bootstraps and headed towards greatness. I loved it when he was campaigning and with quiet intelligence, he would not be afraid to voice his opinion in his genteel way. Herman is in heaven now dancing with the angels. God bless you Herman and God bless your family during this sad time. The virus is horrible and hopefully, they get the vaccine soon. It's sneaky and it's taking to many valuable lives.

• Evelyn Morris

07/30/2020 06:12 PM

So sorry to hear of Mr. Cains passing. He was a wonderful man who will be missed greatly.

• Rosalyn Cunningham

07/30/2020 05:29 PM

So sad to hear of his death! I hope he is in heaven rejoicing with our Savior. We all have a day to be born and a day to die. The life we live is that hyphen between the dates. Hopefully sometime during that time we accept Christ as our Savior. My prayers are with Mr. Cain’s family.

• Rebecca Buttram

07/30/2020 05:24 PM

So sad to hear that Herman Cain passed. We so enjoyed watching him when he appeared on news shows. What a smart, kind, funny man. We loved GodFather's Pizza and was sad when it left the Cincinnati Area. May God bless Herman's Family and may HE say "Welcome thou good and faithful servant" when Herman enters heaven. Thank you for allowing us to leave our condolences . Love and Prayers, Becky and Ken Buttram Mason, Ohio

• Betty R Reisinger

07/30/2020 04:57 PM

I greatly admired Herman Cain and always looked forward to his comments. So sorry that the virus had to take him as a victim.

• IMELDA LUMAS IBANEZ

07/30/2020 04:31 PM

I have so much respect for Herman Cain and loved him as he encouraged the black people to take the opportunity to progress in America. He was right that anyone irregardless of race can prosper if they really work hard. America is a land of opportunity. Thanks for inspiring an immigrant like me. Rest in peace in the loving arms of our Lord.

• David Baker

07/30/2020 04:25 PM

You two made a wonderful team. His wisdom will be missed. My condolences to the Cain family. Prayers for the family during this time. ????

• Jeana Boggs

07/30/2020 04:20 PM

This is really truely heartbreaking to hear Herman Cain has passed. I knew him when he was campaigning for the Presidency in 2012. I had the privilege of getting to know him while campaigning for him in Alabama and through my friend Becky Gerritson, Wetumpka Tea Party. Herman was truly my hero and I will never forget him and look forward to seeing him in Glory!

• Sandra J Shoffeitt

07/30/2020 03:13 PM

Mr. Cain will be SO Missed, I cried this morning when I saw this! It is Hard to accept when a man such as Herman Cain is gone. I have been a fan of his for years as I am of you Mr. Huckabee! I can see why you two were friends, as a Christian we Need More GOD Loving Men & Women in power to help SAVE America. Please keep up the good work (I always watch your T.V. show) Thank you for sharing this tribute about a wonderful man Herman Cain!

• Gail Gibbs

07/30/2020 03:06 PM

I'm especially saddenedto hear of Mr. Canes passing. He was a great man with superior intellect. The world has has lost a good man!

• Barbara McFatter

07/30/2020 02:58 PM

So sorry to learn of his passing. I think he was a great man. Such a sweet spirit. Praying for his family. RIP

• Scott Merkel

07/30/2020 02:44 PM

Just as I finished my morning totally stoked over the launch of the latest Mars probe, it was just as quickly brought down at the news of Herman Cain's passing. He was one of my favorite people to listen to no matter the subject. His class, courage and clarity will be sorely missed. In 2012, he had my vote as POTUS, since Governor Huckabee was not participating in that cycle. May Herman Rest In Peace. Condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

• Richard Claypool

07/30/2020 02:44 PM

Herman Cain was always right on and not afraid to speak the truth. He also was a man of God who shared his belief. Heavens gain was our loss.

• Elaine Becker

07/30/2020 02:26 PM

I am so sad at the death of Mr. Cain. He was a great American and a good man. Prayers for his family and friends.

• Sandie Zalewski

07/30/2020 02:15 PM

Not a prominent figure but a lifelong fan of MrCain saddened by news and forever grateful had the chance to meet him during his bid for the presidency
    Wonderful true American world is suddenly less today than yesterday

• Sandra Broadaway

07/30/2020 02:12 PM

Mr. Cain was a very intelligent man and always seemed so joyful and kind. I think he would have made a great President. Bless his family and friends. A man like Mr. Cain will be greatly missed. ??????

• Sally Harrison

07/30/2020 02:05 PM

What a loss! I feel for his family. America has lost a great businessman and a man who believed in God.

• Mary Angel

07/30/2020 02:05 PM

I was a supporter of Herman when he ran for President. His personality and his genuine love of our country was so evident each time I saw him being interviewed or when I read an article about him. Mike Huckabee, it is great to know that you were good friends with him as I have supported you also. God bless Herman's family at this most difficult time.

• Linda Osorio

07/30/2020 02:04 PM

I loved watching him and his smiling face.He would have made an awesome President.
    My thoughts and prayers to his family.

• Phyllis Crocker

07/30/2020 02:03 PM

Herman Cain will be greatly missed. He was a true gentleman and his wit and love for our country will not be forgotten.

• Glenda Mathre

07/30/2020 02:01 PM

I met both you (Mike Huckabee) and Herman Cain at the kickoff for the 2012 presidential candidates in Ames Iowa. You came over to his tent and gave us a small concert! So much fun!! Love this man and what he stood for. So sorry to hear of his passing but know that he is home with the Lord!

• Cyndi Anderson

07/30/2020 01:55 PM

I certainly hope he gets the same respect as John Lewis has, but I doubt that he will.

July 30, 2020

Thursday brought the sad news of the death of a friend, Herman Cain.

• Rev. Dr. Bill Long

07/30/2020 06:43 PM

An admiral man!

• Collin Geer

07/30/2020 06:38 PM

RIP Sir!

• Susan Schwarting

07/30/2020 06:31 PM

God bless your family and friends during this difficult time.

• Colleen Love

• Sally Harrison

07/30/2020 02:05 PM

• Mary Angel

07/30/2020 02:05 PM

• Linda Osorio

07/30/2020 02:04 PM

My thoughts and prayers to his family.

• Phyllis Crocker