Democrats embrace infanticide

January 31, 2019

Once again proving that today’s satire is tomorrow’s headline, last week, I quoted a prominent media figure who accused President Trump of being an inhuman monster for allegedly wanting to “rip children from their mothers’ arms and throw them in cages,” and noted that he was fine with ripping children from their mothers’ wombs and throwing them in Dumpsters.

And shortly afterward, here came Senator (and, of course, Democratic Presidential hopeless…sorry, “hopeful”) Sherrod Brown to turn my criticism into an actual talking point. Brown told a (surprise!) small crowd of supporters that Trump is a “phony populist” because real populists “don’t rip babies from families at the border.”

Yet Brown is one of the strongest supporters of abortion rights, and he made this speech on the very day that the Democratic Party came under fire from every American with a functioning heart for its shocking embrace of outright infanticide.

First came the passage of a law in New York by the newly-empowered Democratic state government that (despite claims to the contrary) legalizes abortion up to the moment of birth.  Democrats are promoting similar laws in Rhode Island and Virginia.  Virginia’s REPEAL Act, proposed by major Planned Parenthood donation recipient Kathy Tran, would not only remove restrictions on abortion in the last three months of pregnancy (and even while the mother in in labor), it would also eliminate informed consent, clinic safety standards (sounds like this would really improve “women’s health care”), ultrasound requirements (because studies show that up to 80% of women change their minds about getting an abortion if they see their baby and hear its heartbeat) and more.

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northram upped the horror quotient in seeming to endorse the REPEAL Act in this way:

"When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of — obviously — the mother, with the consent of the physicians — more than one physician, by the way. And it's done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that's non-viable..."

"If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and mother."

To be clear:  He’s saying that an “infant” (not a fetus or “clump of cells,” but a baby) that’s in medical distress after it’s been delivered and is alive outside its mother’s body (so the rationale for abortion being about the mother controlling her own body is irrelevant) should be allowed to just lie there while the mother and doctors debate whether to give it CPR or not. I’m curious: have any of these doctors ever heard of the Hippocratic Oath?  Here are a couple of quotes from the version used by most modern US medical schools:

“I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required”…“Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.”

Northram now claims his comments were misconstrued.  I cut politicians more slack on slips of the tongue than most people do, but how can anyone possibly suggest that doctors and parents should stand around jawboning about whether to help a live-born baby while it’s struggling for its life and not realize how unconscionable that is?

Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, author of the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, is calling on Northram to resign. Sasse called Northram’s comments “morally repugnant,” and said, “In just a few years, pro-abortion zealots went from ‘safe, legal, and rare’ to ‘keep the newborns comfortable while the doctor debates infanticide. I don’t care what party you’re from — if you can’t say that it’s wrong to leave babies to die after birth, get the hell out of public office.”

Then again, considering bills like the one in New York that allows people who aren’t even doctors to perform abortions, maybe the people who would be present in such a situation wouldn’t ever have heard of the Hippocratic Oath or have any idea what to do to save a baby born alive during a “botched” abortion (abortions are the only surgical procedure that’s considered “botched” if the patient lives.)

Between the Indy 500-like race to the far left among Democratic Congress members and Presidential candidates (“Socialism! Medicare for All! 90% tax rates!”) and their embrace of infanticide, today’s modern Democratic Party seems intent on proving that entrusting them with any power at all is a worse mistake than entrusting a junkie with a bag of crack.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Fighting for Life in Massachusetts

Fighting for Life in Massachusetts

• Jen Yost

01/31/2019 03:53 PM

Mike Adams of Natural News.com has a list of 60 big businesses that directly support Planned Parenthood. (for us to be boycott) I have printed the list and spreading the word. Please do your part!!

• David Arthur Kosinski

01/31/2019 03:40 PM

"By Their Fruits You Shall Know Them" An Aunt in our family shared how she originally bought the lie, " A woman's right, " until she saw an actual abortion being performed, about 15 years ago (on a local, Detroit Public Broadcasting Station); which I'm sure local activists were responsible for "shutting down!" The horror of what really happens during an abortion will shatter the false comfort of these false slogans and platitudes that seem to glibly slip off the tongues of the abortion rights people.

• Jerry Korba

01/31/2019 03:38 PM

It is now apparent that the elected lawmakers want So Help Me God taken out of the oath of office. The idea of God in their scheme is a hindrance to what they want to achieve. This a Government take over. They no longer will stay true to the oath, Write laws that cause evil. they will go against the Constitution, One Nation Under God no longer has an effect on them. If they violate the oath can they be taken out of office? They should be. How can we respect the rule of law when the law kills? All the nonsense coming out of these senators and representatives wanting to bankrupt the country, with free this and that I think it can be on the border of Treason, they violated the oath of office when they put their hand on the good book? To destroy the country of its economic power, steal from wealthy workers and call it a tax, they pay enough I pay enough after 55 years and millions of people paying taxes it comes down to this. These people have to step down or face criminal charges. If we can't find a law to rid ourselves of these anti Americans just write one that's what Cuomo did.

• Joanne Sgrignoli

01/31/2019 03:35 PM

Infanticide. Murder. Infant. Baby. A human being. This is the cruelest, most heinous thing I've ever heard of.

I love New York, especially at Christmas. I love Broadway shows. Guess what? I can't stomach the thought of going to New York, so it goes the way of movies and a lot of music. I'm done.

• Karen Johnson

01/31/2019 03:32 PM

There is something so wrong with what is going on now in abortion circles. People clapping and cheering because they can now abort up to the end of the 40 weeks. My stomach churns. Also they want us to use tax dollars for these abortions?

• Jo Ann Brown

01/31/2019 03:13 PM

I have always been against abortion at any time of gestation. I was shocked and saddened when I saw on TV Gov. Cuomo sign the bill allowing babies to be killed up & until time of birth. With that grin on his face and the gleeful people around him, I said to myself, "That is the face of the Devil, right here on earth. I have been praying daily for God to do something about this. I do believe He will. Our country has always been blessed, but if this continues I think we are in for some terrible times. Gov. Cuomo should confess his sins, and rescind this evil bill.

• Catherine F. Heilig

01/31/2019 03:07 PM

Mr. Mike, I know you along with a lot of others around the country are very upset about the current situations that the Governors of New York and Virginia are pushing for abortion. I am very upset. This country has gotten so far off track from God's word, that God is weeping. My pastor this past Sunday had scripture from Psalms 139: 13-19 and it was very compelling. From the moment of conception, there is life and to take that life is murder. I think the people of the United States need to have a prayer vigil at the Capitol in Washington, in all of the Capitols across the individual States, in our churches, on the steps of our local governments and let those that stand for this will be handed the wrath of God. We can make a difference when we come out as one and stand for what is right. I have been praying that God will not turn his back but show those in authority that what is happening is very wrong. Judgment day is coming and it is coming fast. I have been raised in the church ever since I was a week old and I will be 65 in June of this year. I was given the fundamental foundation of being a Christian, I have strayed, and I have asked for forgiveness. We all sin and come short of the glory of God, but when we show God that we are trying to live like him, he does put his hedge of protection around us and leads us to do the right thing. We need to read our Bible, learn our scripture. The Bible has not changed and never will. It applied 2,000 years ago and it applies today. Please join me in praying which I know you are doing. I follow your show and I support your Christian values. Thank you for being who your are.

• Nancy Danielson

01/31/2019 02:17 PM

Thank you for all you have done to Witness to God's Truth regarding The Sanctity of the life of every beloved son and daughter from the moment of conception, and The Sanctity of marriage and the family, as God, The Ordered Communion Of Perfect Divine Love, The Most Holy And Undivided Blessed Trinity, Through The Unity Of The Holy Ghost, Intended.

Godspeed!

• Cathy Wentz

01/31/2019 02:08 PM

That is so right on, Governor Huckabee! I am sooooo sickened by this total lack of a moral compass in our county. No one who supports this infanticide can possibly believe in God, our Creator.

I saw a segment on Tucker Carlson's show last night in which he confronted a pro-abortion woman named Monica Klein (I believe). He tried to get her to take a moment to THINK about what she was supporting, but she would not do anything more than repeat the same heartless, man-hating talking points like a robot. She kept saying that men should never be able to control a woman's body, even when Tucker pointed out that, in the scenario he was discussing, the baby had been born and was outside the mother's body.

I kept wishing he would just cut her off because I was growing more and more furious just hearing her on her repetitive recording.

• Cheryl Lindsey

01/31/2019 02:04 PM

When it becomes acceptable by our lawmakers to kill a less than perfect child following its birth then one can only assume that the next step in eliminating the less than perfect individual will be the elderly patient that becomes too expensive to rehabilitate. Who decides what is too old or too expensive under a government run healthcare system?The patient, the family, or the government bureaucrat who will go home at the end of the day with a clear conscience that he did what is best for his party. When we decide that killing a less than perfect human being after its birth is appropriate then it is a strong indicator that this country has lost its soul!

• Helen H. Johnson

01/31/2019 01:56 PM

Thank you, Gov Huckabee for your comments every day. They are the only words I read that I can truly believe. And the new law passed in New York that an abortion can be performed, even after the baby is born, is beyond my imagination. God, alone, gives life and it should be up to GOD WHO WILL TAKE LIFE. Do these killers of babies have any idea where they will spend ETERNITY? Will God have mercy where they are concerned? Most of us never thought we would see the day when abortion would be such big business. We mourn for the loss of one baby, and cannot even put our minds around the many that have been aborted to date.
    THANK YOU FOR KEEPING US INFORMED THOUGH MY HEART ACHES FOR OUR COUNTRY when I realize how far we have traveled from our Creator!

• Dolores

01/31/2019 01:51 PM

The abortion reality is as old as my eldest child, born in 1973. I went to Washington, Albany, I picketed planned parenthood murder mills. Then I was called to other things but never lost track of the movement. I left the Church and returned to it, all because of this issue. Nothing has stopped this juggernaut from hell. It only gets worse. Now we have a Pope who declares walls are the work of the devil, but last year says hell doesn’t exist. And he remains silent on the abortion issue. Catholic politicians who support abortion should be excommunicated but the church is afraid to act. To the Catholic, excommunication means Heaven is closed to you until you repent and make reparations. It is a dreadful punishment. As I contemplate the mess Humanity has made of everything, and wonder why we ae permitted to continue in our arrogance and blasphemy, the words of Aquinas come to mind. When asked why sinners were permitted to receive Communion, he replied that each soul will receive the Body and Blood, soul and divinity of Christ. And each soul will depart the Sacrament to their own Eternal destiny. We should not judge, because Cuomo and his cohorts have sealed their eternal doom and only true repentance and atonement can save them. Instead we should seek ways to stem the tide. We can only pray for direction.

• Barb Gainey

01/31/2019 01:41 PM

Our planet's population has become demon possessed with so many evil spirits that only Jesus can save it. I am thoroughly appalled and disgusted by the behavior of 99% our United States government that I pray daily for the Lord to step in and destroy the evil quickly. I am embarrassed for this nation and the evil it spews every minute of every day. MARANATHA!

• David McCommons

01/31/2019 01:30 PM

Hello,

I just want to say what a disgrace and unfathomable this new support for Abortion is. I must say I am not a radical like the left but it is time to start shutting these places down by any means necessary. Time to de-fund Planned Parenthood. That would be a start. Then lets get our protesters out there and block any entry and lets take pictures and publish these killers. That is exactly what they are. May God forgive us and help us. This is a subject that really took me by surprise and then really mad em sick to my stomach and to hear people Like Jessica Tarlov defending it. May God help us all.

Also I am from the great state of Ohio and I for one was very disappointed that Sherrod Brown was reelected to another term. I voted for the conservative knowing he had no chance. The problem form what I saw was what ever his name was can't remember that is how much he campaigned. Maybe if he would have made a little more of an effort just maybe some people may have voted different as we still elected almost all Republicans but him. I found first hand what it is to speak to Mr. Brown as I contacted him during the Kavanaugh hearings and told him that even though I am from the other side of the aisle form him that he still represents me and we are still a red state and therefore he should support and vote for Mr. Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court. Well I got back an E-Mail that was 4 paragraphs long and it was nothing but poilitcal speak and I had to shake my head and read it again and it said nothing other that he was not voting for him. So I sent him another E-Mail and asked why the long drawn out response and why he didn't just write one sentence that he was not voting for him under any circumstances. I asked if he read Mr. Kavanaughs decisions in other cases or was he just basing it on the lies form the lying women and media. He sent me back another answer saying he has not read all his writings but I was right and he would not vote for him in any circumstance.

He is just another rat in the swamp of Washington I hope he does run for President so that maybe he leaves the senate and we can maybe have a special election for his seat. I know our Governor will appoint someone to fill it but I am not sure how that all works.

Well Juts had to speak my mind as I find your beliefs and mine quite similar. Keep up the good work and speaking out

Dave

• Sharon Craft

01/31/2019 01:21 PM

I was a resident of VA for 27 years. I would never have believed it could become so evil in the intent of it's government! My son still lives there but he finds the news so anger provoking, he no longer listens. I cannot believe the good people of Southwest Virginia will allow this to stand. I wonder what dark pit that Gov. rose from? I have a friend who is a minister, going to see what the church is doing to stop this!

• James patrick

01/31/2019 01:20 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong , but wasn’t governor Northram a doctor before he was elected by the northern part of Virginia to his office? The politicians of Virginia need to remember that the state doesn’t end outside Richmond. This is to much.

• Michael Wood

01/31/2019 01:19 PM

How much longer will God look upon America with favor? How much longer will God protect America from its enemies? Satan has truly gotten a stronghold on the so-called, duly elected "leaders" of our nation. We must pray with fervor for our nation!!!

• Robin Durham

01/31/2019 01:18 PM

It makes me literally sick to my stomach to know how these liberal abortion rights advocates think about a wonderful sweet baby! If a baby is actually born, it is an act of God. It’s a true miracle!
    Have any of these people even CONSIDERED that babies born full-term can be ADOPTED? There are so many families who would love that baby and nurture him.
    Honestly, the more these crazy ideas get started, the more I’m looking forward to Jesus returning to earth!

• Mary Carolyn Trucano

01/31/2019 01:06 PM

On a personal level, I have been involved in the abortion debate since 1980. I was pregnant with our third child at the age of 35; my husband, a minister, and I lived in Michigan. The OB/GYN I consulted sat me down in his office (after my examination), and started by saying, "Because of your age, there are some additional risks which I am required by law to explain; however, there are some tests we can do . . . "
    At this point, I held up my hand to stop him, and said, "My husband and I do not believe in abortion, and would not consider it. If something is wrong with this baby, we will, through the grace of God, provide love and care for this child." The doctor smiled and said, "I'm glad to hear you say that; I'm a Christian and I don't do abortions". Footnote: our daughter just celebrated her 38th birthday, and has given birth now to two daughters of her own. In addition, she has authored a Christian book - autobiographical in nature - called "Let Me Fall" about her relationship to God.
    Fast-forward to 2000: I became involved in a local group of churches in the establishment of a crisis pregnancy care center in one county, where I counseled clients facing unplanned pregnancies. During this time, I completed the requirements for a Master's Degree in Christian Education; one major research term paper I did for my Christian Ethics class was on the subject of abortion.
    Four years later, I moved to another crisis pregnancy care center ministry farther south in our state as executive director, where I served for four years until I had to take Social Security disability retirement due to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
    Both the passage of the New York law, and the proposed law in the state of Virginia, are abhorrent to me, after a lifetime of being pro-life (very different from pro-choice).

• Gary L Koch

01/31/2019 01:05 PM

If it is growing, it is alive! Rocks and dirt do not grow, plants and creatures do!

• Jerry Korba

01/31/2019 12:55 PM

Is premeditated murder a crime under US law? If you murder a Human Being is that not a crime under US law? We must bring the next killing to a court of law and charge killing a Human Being MURDER in the 1st degree. Let the accused defend itself taking a life just like any other murderer would have too. What is the difference between a mad man killing 58 people at a concert and a madman killing an infant while in the womb or out of the womb. They are all unable to defend themselves. Lets just call it murder. Lets say a woman does not want to keep the baby to kill it is insane in America alone there are 2 million people looking to adoupt babies every day. So the Killers of NY and Virginia ,whatever state U may be from put away your chisels and sharp knives hammers all your killing tools if you stop killing maybe you won't have to use crack anymore even killers may have some good in them give life a chance see if that works for ya, you need intervention excessive crack use and killing is not a good way to live. If Crack isn't why you kill check to see if you have rabies>YOU ARE NOT NORMAL

• Juanita L Finding

01/31/2019 12:50 PM

Mr. Huckabee,
    If the mother chooses abortion while in labor, isn't that the same as murder!!!!! An infant that's full term is a real person . How could anyone with a conscience kill a live infant. I believe more people would adopt more children from the USA if the adoption laws weren't so complicated and so expensive. I know I would. Abortion is just wrong and anyone who performs them or the mother who agrees to one, should be put in prison for murder!! I believe in the Bible, the whole Bible not just parts of it. I believe God is giving us enough rope to hang ourselves if we do not get on our knees and ask for forgiveness. I don't believe our country will ever be the God Fearing Country it once was. I believe in our President, but I fear he's falling into a democrats trap. He should go ahead and build the wall with the core of engineers and declare it as an emergency. No political party should hold our country captive. We, the people, should be able to vote on whether we want the wall built!!!! Our security is more important than any political parties agenda. If we do not reelect President Trump in 2020, I believe our country will be doomed forever or until Jesus comes!! PLEASE, PRESIDENT TRUMP, DO NOT GIVE IN OR UP!!!! FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!!!!!!!

• garry pollack

01/31/2019 12:47 PM

it's not giving birth...it's just a 4th trimester (spontaneous?) abortion! U old fuddy duddy!

• Rosemarie Campanile

01/31/2019 12:45 PM

Does this mean that if the Mother decides to have the baby killed after it is born, that she could kill any of her other children as she sees fit. ?
    This is not control of her body, it's showing that her mind has already lost control.
    Did anyone realize that the father of that baby should have a say as to wether it should live or die?

I can't believe what I am reading. Pelosi walks around so high and mighty with her grandchildren. With probably all kinds of protection around them. But the rest of us don't matter. Just let the bad people in to our country. I wonder if she ever thinks about the safety of her grandchildren, even though they have protection. But I guess it might not really matter to her.
    Are all of the Democrats just plain stupid?

• Janette Todd

01/31/2019 12:43 PM

My concern grows as these "people/doctors/others" continue to find more & more chances to kill babies. My heart gets hurt when I read about this evil i our United States; especially by people who 'supposedly' represent the people & who took an oath of office to represent the people & doctors/other medical personnel are slowly but surely leaving the "Christian" heritage that we have. We let in illegals that kill people/children & rape women & children. We support illegals & give them the right to vote which is a privilege that only U.S. Citizens should have. Another caravan is on the way. When is the border going to be closed & a Wall built. IF these people really want to be U.S. Citizens then they should apply; or where is the money (this should STOP also) that we send to these Central American countries? We are not responsible to support people/countries that cannot or will not support themselves. I am on SS & have cleared my budget to survive. My increases yearly are not at all sufficient as Congress continues to increase drastically more than SS/Vets/Homeless. Things are backward & President Trump is doing his very best to help Americans. Thank God he is President & not some joker/Hillary/Obama that only wanted power/greed/help Islam/Russia/Iran rather than the citizens of this U.S.A. There is coming a judgment day & whether these jokers realize it or not also a civil war if they continue to try & take our liberties & our guns. NO WAY JOSE. i pray daily for our leaders & especially our President. Don't give up President Trump...there are more of us supporting you than the evil ones know.
    Thank Mike Huckabee........I appreciate your integrity & articles so much. God bless you.
    Janette Todd

Democrats embrace infanticide

January 31, 2019

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Fighting for Life in Massachusetts

01/31/2019 12:50 PM

Mr. Huckabee,

• garry pollack

01/31/2019 12:47 PM

• Rosemarie Campanile

01/31/2019 12:45 PM

Are all of the Democrats just plain stupid?

• Janette Todd

01/31/2019 12:43 PM

Janette Todd

Democrats embrace infanticide

January 31, 2019

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Fighting for Life in Massachusetts

01/31/2019 12:50 PM

Mr. Huckabee,

• garry pollack

01/31/2019 12:47 PM

• Rosemarie Campanile

01/31/2019 12:45 PM

Are all of the Democrats just plain stupid?

• Janette Todd