Democrats embrace infanticide

January 31, 2019 |

Once again proving that today’s satire is tomorrow’s headline, last week, I quoted a prominent media figure who accused President Trump of being an inhuman monster for allegedly wanting to “rip children from their mothers’ arms and throw them in cages,” and noted that he was fine with ripping children from their mothers’ wombs and throwing them in Dumpsters.

And shortly afterward, here came Senator (and, of course, Democratic Presidential hopeless…sorry, “hopeful”) Sherrod Brown to turn my criticism into an actual talking point. Brown told a (surprise!) small crowd of supporters that Trump is a “phony populist” because real populists “don’t rip babies from families at the border.”

Yet Brown is one of the strongest supporters of abortion rights, and he made this speech on the very day that the Democratic Party came under fire from every American with a functioning heart for its shocking embrace of outright infanticide.

First came the passage of a law in New York by the newly-empowered Democratic state government that (despite claims to the contrary) legalizes abortion up to the moment of birth.  Democrats are promoting similar laws in Rhode Island and Virginia.  Virginia’s REPEAL Act, proposed by major Planned Parenthood donation recipient Kathy Tran, would not only remove restrictions on abortion in the last three months of pregnancy (and even while the mother in in labor), it would also eliminate informed consent, clinic safety standards (sounds like this would really improve “women’s health care”), ultrasound requirements (because studies show that up to 80% of women change their minds about getting an abortion if they see their baby and hear its heartbeat) and more.

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northram upped the horror quotient in seeming to endorse the REPEAL Act in this way:

"When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of — obviously — the mother, with the consent of the physicians — more than one physician, by the way. And it's done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that's non-viable..."

"If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and mother."

To be clear:  He’s saying that an “infant” (not a fetus or “clump of cells,” but a baby) that’s in medical distress after it’s been delivered and is alive outside its mother’s body (so the rationale for abortion being about the mother controlling her own body is irrelevant) should be allowed to just lie there while the mother and doctors debate whether to give it CPR or not. I’m curious: have any of these doctors ever heard of the Hippocratic Oath?  Here are a couple of quotes from the version used by most modern US medical schools:

“I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required”…“Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.”

Northram now claims his comments were misconstrued.  I cut politicians more slack on slips of the tongue than most people do, but how can anyone possibly suggest that doctors and parents should stand around jawboning about whether to help a live-born baby while it’s struggling for its life and not realize how unconscionable that is?

Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, author of the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, is calling on Northram to resign. Sasse called Northram’s comments “morally repugnant,” and said, “In just a few years, pro-abortion zealots went from ‘safe, legal, and rare’ to ‘keep the newborns comfortable while the doctor debates infanticide. I don’t care what party you’re from — if you can’t say that it’s wrong to leave babies to die after birth, get the hell out of public office.”

Then again, considering bills like the one in New York that allows people who aren’t even doctors to perform abortions, maybe the people who would be present in such a situation wouldn’t ever have heard of the Hippocratic Oath or have any idea what to do to save a baby born alive during a “botched” abortion (abortions are the only surgical procedure that’s considered “botched” if the patient lives.)

Between the Indy 500-like race to the far left among Democratic Congress members and Presidential candidates (“Socialism! Medicare for All! 90% tax rates!”) and their embrace of infanticide, today’s modern Democratic Party seems intent on proving that entrusting them with any power at all is a worse mistake than entrusting a junkie with a bag of crack.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Judy Birdsall

01/31/2019 12:33 PM

I am thoroughly disgusted with abortion and the further it goes to murdering babies! I wish everyone read your newsletters. But, I have friends who think I have no compassion because I want the wall and legal immigration! They say all the Republicans are brainwashed and go along with whatever their game needs is. I say the same about them!

• Kerlee Fox

01/31/2019 12:28 PM

You are absolutely correct. God blesses us by giving you the intelligent voice. Thank you!
    "Democrats are acting crazy." Yes they have changed the reason for having a say, and the reason for a Democratic Party just so they can do whatever they want without consequences. Not properly using their freedom, for others, but to take what they want for their selfishness.
    " “rip children from their mothers’ arms and throw them in cages,"" If they weren't where they were NOT supposed to be, they would NOT have to be dealt with. Parents put their children in bad spots (to use that child!) and want to blame anyone else except themselves for the abuse of the child.

• Terry VanHouten

01/31/2019 12:25 PM

How could these people have become so calloused in their ideologies to think (or not) that intentionally allowing a baby to die after birth is an ethical act by rational people? The fact as you stated that the baby is not within the womb removes any viability of the "mother" making .a choice about her own body; so where does the 14th Amendment to our Constitution apply? This certainly without a doubt is at that point a person (even though this was a person at conception scientifically) and is protected by the amendment. Clearly anyone contributing to the death of this person is responsible and guilty of homicide. It is no different than Dr.Kovorkian and assisted suicide cases or the much publicized death of Michael Jackson where a Dr. was found guilty of administering lethal doses of drugs that caused death. The age of the victim does not change the fact of the act.

• James L Haynes

01/31/2019 12:16 PM

Both governors should be required to sign death certificates, and autopsy reports, for all late term abortions performed in their states, resulting in death of the baby.

James Haynes

• Donna Leonard

01/31/2019 12:15 PM

I’m absolutely horrified by both the new NY law and by what is being proposed in Rhode Island and Virginia with respect to abortion. There are no words, Mr. Huckabee. All I see is that perhaps we are inching closer to “end times” and the coming of Jesus. I pray that the insanity ends and soon—that these legislators wake up and realize that what they are doing is legalizing murder. GOD help us all!

• Kenneth J Jay

01/31/2019 12:10 PM

So our country that is built on the promise of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness for all has now turned into a killing field of dead babies stack on top of each other. How horribly wrong can this be. What next, the euthanasia of persons over a certain age because they are breathing air that is better used for Democratic Social millennials?

• Robert Quinton

01/31/2019 12:01 PM

Mike, Firstly, I agree with your comments. This is abhorrent. However, you mentioned "anyone with a functioning heart." I would also add, "functioning brain."

• Anne Fledderman

01/31/2019 11:54 AM

I am so disgusted, appalled, and ashamed of my Governor, Ralph Northam, regarding his comments on abortion. Anyone can see that this is murder, pure and simple. What will it be next? If you can kill an infant outside of the womb, what would let you not kill an older person who is sick? Murder is murder. What a sad day in our world when killing babies is celebrated and allowed!

• Carol Joy Cook

01/31/2019 11:50 AM

May God have mercy on us all, Mike, for allowing our country to have gotten so far from God's will and plan for His creations. Please keep up your good work. Your message must continue to be heard. Stand firm and know that I and thousands of others agree with your message.

• Gail Niemiec

01/31/2019 11:46 AM

My one and only child lived 2 hours. I would give anything I owned or would ever own if my son could have lived. Now these heartlessly insane legislators are making it legal to kill babies. How many states will blindly follow the example of these murderers? What will be next, toddlers, teenagers? Where does this cruelty end? I hope and pray that there is a special place in Hell for these murderers. Please, God, give a heart to these totally heartless people, before it’s too late.
    Thanks for letting me say this. Maybe now I can stop crying, but I doubt it.

• Barbara Thorson

01/31/2019 11:42 AM

I absolutely cannot believe or understand the posturing of the democrats in their support of abortion. There must be some who are Christian. If so, how is this stance justified?

• Stephen Thomas

01/31/2019 11:40 AM

So how late after birth is TOO late for these demons?? A day? A month? How about we start "aborting" the politicians who support this kind of Evil?

• Jean Lindsey

01/31/2019 10:39 AM

So, if a mother who wants to have a late term abortion actually is born & is “kept comfortable” post delivery While the mother & doctor discuss whether or not the baby lives what about the father’s rights? No one, to my knowledge, has mentioned the father. What a can of worms this would open up!

Livery of “A discussion

Democrats embrace infanticide

January 31, 2019 |

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Judy Birdsall

• Anne Fledderman

01/31/2019 11:54 AM

• Carol Joy Cook

01/31/2019 11:50 AM

• Gail Niemiec

01/31/2019 11:46 AM

Thanks for letting me say this. Maybe now I can stop crying, but I doubt it.

• Barbara Thorson

01/31/2019 11:42 AM

• Stephen Thomas

01/31/2019 11:40 AM

• Jean Lindsey

01/31/2019 10:39 AM

Livery of “A discussion

Democrats embrace infanticide

January 31, 2019 |

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Judy Birdsall

• Anne Fledderman

01/31/2019 11:54 AM

• Carol Joy Cook

01/31/2019 11:50 AM

• Gail Niemiec

01/31/2019 11:46 AM

Thanks for letting me say this. Maybe now I can stop crying, but I doubt it.

• Barbara Thorson