If you’re like me, you get an initial impression of a story but then, after thinking about it for another day or so, you sometimes realize there are even more far-reaching implications than anyone is talking about. Such was the case for me and my research staff after reading about the newly declassified footnotes from the IG report on the FBI’s FISA warrant applications.

Yes, we know that Russia might have been running a disinformation campaign on Christopher Steele. (This could be true even though we have reason to believe that a lot of it actually came from Glenn Simpson with Steele’s name attached.)  We know the Russians had information by summer of 2016 that he was working for Fusion GPS to help Hillary.

Yes, we know that the FBI knew about this possible Russian involvement --- BEFORE the FISA warrant application was renewed to spy on Carter Page and before the Mueller special counsel had been appointed. (I believe they were duty-bound to alert the FISA Court of any problem with information in their original application, but they ignored that and blithely went on to renew it three more times.)

But there’s something MORE we know: that, contrary to what the FBI said and the Intelligence Community concluded in their January 2017 report, Russia was NOT doing this to help Trump. They weren’t even doing it just to “create chaos,” although that was a plus.

So what was their actual goal? Well, class, if they were doing it to help Trump, if they were “colluding” with Trump to win the election, wouldn't they have been spreading damaging stories about HILLARY?  Why would they be spreading phony stories like the one about Trump attorney Michael Cohen going on a suspicious trip to Prague (he never went), or the one about Trump frolicking with incontinent hookers in a Moscow hotel (it didn’t happen)? These are two examples of stories, as revealed in the IG footnotes, that the FBI thought might have come from a Russian disinformation campaign. Who does that kind of story help? I’ll give you a hint: not Trump.

And why would Christopher Steele’s sub-source be a vocal supporter of Hillary Clinton, as is revealed in the footnotes? Who would his information be intended to help? Hint: Not Trump.

Why would Steele himself, an ardent Clinton supporter who was hired by Hillary and the DNC, who was “desperate” to make sure Trump didn’t win and who had a deadline of Election Day to get his anti-Trump “dossier” out, be doing this project in the first place? Who was he trying to help? Not Trump.

So where does anyone get the idea that the Russians were trying to hurt Hillary and help Trump?

That was the FBI’s narrative in the summer of 2016 and onward, and it led to years of ridiculous investigation, but the truth was actually just the opposite. Everyone connected with this scheme --- Steele, his sources and sub-sources, Glenn Simpson and Fusion GPS, the Democratic National Committee, Hillary’s lawyers, the top echelon of the FBI, the director of the CIA, the special counsel team, Democrats on the House Intelligence and Judiciary Committees, allies at the DOJ and State Department, and, obviously, RUSSIA --- was aligned with Hillary. They were all trying to hurt Donald Trump and help Hillary Clinton, whom they surely believed would be the next U.S. President. This isn’t a wild conspiracy theory; with all we know now, any other conclusion defies logic.

RELATED READING:  More IG footnotes show the FBI was NOT "duped" by Russia

I would add that with a group of this size, power and scope aligned with Hillary, the then-President of the United States was aware of their activities. Hard to prove, but, again, it defies reason to think he wasn't informed about a lot of it. As Lisa Page texted to Peter Strzok in September 2016: “POTUS wants to know everything we’re doing.”

Here’s a concise report on what the footnotes, just released by acting Director of National intelligence Richard Grenell, reveal:

It was so important for the FBI and whoever else was working with them to “get” Trump that they violated the rights of innocent Americans such as Carter Page and George Papadopoulos, who were literally caught in the “Crossfire.” Papadopoulos even got jail time.

And speaking of George Papadopoulos, Lindsay Graham, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has just declassified and released documents and transcripts relating to him and the FBI’s targeting of him. The material he released falls into three categories:

1) Declassified information related to “Crossfire Hurricane.”

2) Timeline of correspondence sent and received by the Committee regarding FISA abuse investigation.

3) Corrective action taken by the DOJ and FISA Court as a result of FISA abuse investigation.

We learn from the correspondence that the DOJ has produced the following documents:

–- Transcript of conversation between Papadopoulos and the FBI confidential human source (CHS, or “SPY”).

–- Another transcript of conversation between Papadopoulos and the aforementioned SPY.

--- The original FISA warrant application to spy on Carter Page.

--- Renewals one, two and three of the original Carter Page application (written AFTER the FBI knew of the problems with the “dossier” used therein).

--- A July 2018 letter from the DOJ to the FISA Court alerting them to some of the errors and omissions in the Carter Page application.

You can read the transcript of the conversation between George Papadopoulos and the SPY here, at the link.

When Papadopoulos was informed that this material had been declassified, he had an interesting reaction. A big question, of course, is who sent Hillary supporter and Australian diplomat Alexander Downer to London to meet with Papadopoulos in the spring of 2016? Recall that the FBI said their conversation, in which Papadopoulos reportedly said the Russians had damaging information about Hillary (which appears to have been fed to him by another CHS), is what sparked the opening of “Crossfire Hurricane.” Here’s what Papadopoulos tweeted on Thursday evening:

"Senator Graham in his letter to Australia made it clear that Alexander Downer was instructed to meet with me. Mueller’s team acknowledged he was recording me after I reported him to them (the irony). The key question is, who put the Clinton errand boy up to it? DURHAM KNOWS.” (Emphasis mine.

Papadopoulos Reacts to Declassification of Spygate Transcripts: "Durham Knows" Who Sent Clinton Errand Boy to Meet with Me in London

So we can add Alexander Downer --- and whoever sent him to London --- to the massive column of Spygate characters who were out to HELP HILLARY WIN. And, yes, we can add Russia, too.  Much more to come, because Durham knows.

• Dennis Ragain

04/17/2020 02:10 PM

Governor, we pray daily that President Trump is reelected in order to have the time available to clean out this cesspool in our Federal government. Such a travesty that politics take precedence over allegiance to this great country and what our Founding Fathers envisioned for us.

• Steve Pfingsten

04/17/2020 02:04 PM

The American public is for the most part way too distracted by their own navel to notice or care about the avalanche of crimes committed by the Liberal Democratic Machine.

• Brandi Deming

04/17/2020 01:58 PM

What I don't understand is how Nancy Pelosi, shifty Schiff and Schumer can still be in office, why doesn't the federal government check them out? They're disgraceful. The Republicans need to slam dunk it. ?? I pray for this country, it's a mess, and if we don't stick together and get President Trump back in office, I'm afraid we're in deep, you know what? Thank you. ??????????

• Barney Flint

04/17/2020 01:56 PM

I am so looking forward to the Durham report so possibly this can get cleared up. I just hope that he does not have an "accident" before all the results are out in the open and those responsible are brought to justice. No I am not holding my breath on the last part. I truly believe that those responsible are untouchable from the law.

• Barry

04/17/2020 01:44 PM

it's great that someone is still following this story on the Dems but with Obama in the middle of it, this is going nowhere. Only republicans go to jail for illegal activities whether real or made up.

• Floyd A Unger

04/17/2020 01:36 PM

This just must be made WIDLY public. The people of America need to know and understand what the media and many Democrats are trying so hard to do to us.

• John A Robb

04/17/2020 01:36 PM

CoronaVirus, another play to over throw our Constitutional Republic by China, Globalists, Billionaires, Gates (mandatory Vaccinations) and a couple World Religions. Pelosi and Schumer couldn't carry Trumps lunch bucket. Will some body warn Doctors of the danger of Wrongful Death Indictments and Law Suits for with holding the only Treatment that has cured 1,000's of Corona Victims. Doctors and Nurses are taking HydroxyCloronaQuine as a Preventative. I cannot get a Prescription from my Doctor, but its even money he and his staff ar taking HCQ as a preventative under the Brand name Placuenil. 80% of the Non-Profit Hospitals have been bought out and operating for Profit. I had a Heart Attack 5/20/18, passed out, Heart only quivering, shocked by AMT Nurse, Hospital, 4 By-Passes, 10 days in Hospital, walking and playing Golf in 60 days, Great Surgeon. I received Itemized Invoice for $484,497.10, which is $48,000 per day; price of Items you would not believe! What is going on in the Medical Profession? Where is the Sheriff? We have Doctors who are not treating with HCQ and will hardly mention the Drug out loud. Press announcing Cases and Deaths over and over, but not even a hint of HCQ Treatments and Victims Healed. Come on Press you can do better than that. Why isn't the only Treatment that works HCU not being closely tracked. Doctors and "scientists" mumbling not Tested and no Clinical Trials while 1,000's are dying. Call the Sheriff and the DOJ. Golf again, Gov release Illinois see CreatorisLiberty.com and "America Come Back" send me your address and I will send you a Paperback

• Janet Underwood

04/17/2020 01:31 PM

On the subject of "we ain't stupid," the media is distributing articles that say things like being put on a ventilator is a "death sentence" and that even if you survive the ventilator, you'll have horrible side effects from it for the rest of your life. As one who was on a ventilator for four months last year, after suffering cardiac and respiratory failure, I can tell you from personal experience, these stories are not true. Yes, many people who are put on ventilators die, but the ventilators aren't the cause of that. The condition that required putting them on the vent is what kills them. Doctors don't put patients on ventilators to kill them. They put them on ventilators to give them a chance to heal.

Also, while being on a ventilator isn't the most pleasant thing you can experience, it isn't the most awful either. If you're ever put on a vent, you'll probably find yourself feeling disoriented when you wake up, and you'll probably be restrained (to keep you from pulling out the tubes). You will not be able to speak, but you certainly can mouth the words you want to say and ask for something to write with if the nurses haven't already given you something. And you probably will have some hallucinations for a short while. I had some doozies and they were so real, I told my visitors about them. (My biggest hallucination was that I had been kidnapped by an ISIS cell because they didn't realize I didn't have any money to pay them to get free. To that end, I asked several of my nurses if they were going to kill me.) While the hallucinations are frightening and seem so real, they pass as your oxygen/CO2 levels get more in sync.

I was on a feeding tube when I woke up and didn't miss eating at all. After I became more lucid, the doctor okayed me to have solids. The dietician was great. I needed to lose weight and she put me on a diet that didn't feel like a diet at all -- and enabled me to lose a great deal of weight in a short time, all while having my blood monitored to make sure I wasn't losing weight too fast. At first, eating was scary because I was afraid I would choke on the food what with that tube down in my windpipe. When I expressed my fear, I got a quick lesson in anatomy that allayed those fears.

As I healed, the hospital started physical therapy. At first, that involved doing some exercises in my bed. The first time I was allowed to get out of bed, my legs crumpled under me. At that stage, my "exercise" consisted of the bed exercises and sitting a chair for longer each day. I was still hooked to the ventilator. Then came using a walker in my room, and then hooking me up to an oxygen tank and taking me out in the hall to walk. At first, it was just a few steps, but I increased that each day.

The biggest inconvenience of being on a ventilator is the mucus buildup in the hoses and your airway. Respiratory therapists suction the mucus in your airway and even in your hoses so you can breathe more easily. Also, new hoses are put on the equipment each day.

If you have to be moved to a different room and you can't walk that far on your own, the nurses put a hand pump on the flow from an oxygen tank and one of them manually expresses the pump to make sure that you're getting air.

Getting a patient off a vent is done with caution and a lot of monitoring. From my end, however, I had no idea when they were trying to "wean" me. They tried several times from the time I first arrived at the hospital, but I was not strong enough to breathe on my own. Before I would become distressed, however, the therapist would come back to the room and start me on the vent again.

On the morning that the weaning process was success, the therapist came to my room as usual and fiddled with the ventilator and chatted with me a bit. Over the next couple of hours, she came in a couple of times and fiddled with the ventilator and talked with me. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Then she came in and told me I had been breathing on my own for 2 hours and had done very well. She said they would increase the amount of time I would be off the vent in the coming days. I think they do it that way to keep patients from freaking out that they will not be on the ventilator.

In my case, I was taken totally off the ventilator three days after they first tried it. They left the tube in my throat for a few days "just in case," and then removed that as well. It was a total nonevent. They just pulled it out and put it in the trash. They put some gauze and a band aid over the hole in my throat and told me that it would heal quickly, which it did. Today, less than a year later, you can barely see the scar.

So whenever you see those "if you're put on a ventilator, you're going to die" articles, don't believe them. And don't let it scare you if you ever have the misfortune to need to be on a ventilator. The doctors wouldn't use them if they thought they were "dangerous" to your health.

• Evelyn Christy

04/17/2020 01:18 PM

Graham was heavily involved assisting the DNC, and was this all orchestrated by China?

• Charles Simmons

04/17/2020 01:00 PM

It seems that the Democrat wing of American politics has learned well from their ChiComm masters and from their Former Soviet mentors.

• Danny browning

04/17/2020 12:33 PM

You can look for Mr. Durham to have a nasty deadly lethal attack dealt by the Clinton Mafia team as 47 others have. God rest his soul cause he is a goner.

• Terry Nixon

04/17/2020 12:31 PM

Wow, This is so convaluted we need a "football play book" just to follow it. Collusion? You bet there was, and it was against Trump and led by Hilary and paid-for by her dollars to scummy manipulators.

• Dan Gibbs

04/17/2020 12:28 PM

Thank you Governor for your daily analysis of the news. Such clarity and depth! You are a Christian brother, a patriot, and a national treasure! Thank you so much!

• Donna Marie King

04/17/2020 12:24 PM

Hello Huck,

I can't tell you how refreshing it is to read what you have said. Not because it is good news, but it is the truth. We can't solve anything until we have the truth. My earnest prayer is the truth and justice return to our Nation and that God will, through His grace and mercy deliver us from this evil scheme. Thank you for being bold and brave. God bless Donald Trump with courage and wisdom and my God bless America.

• Randy Adamson

04/17/2020 12:22 PM

So tired of reading anything about the past corruption- WE KNOW! But if there’s no accountability (ie. no jail time) what’s the point?

• Carolyn Reeves

04/17/2020 12:20 PM

Absolutely fascinating information! I hope the last chapter has information about justice.

• John F Chiero

04/17/2020 12:17 PM

I think you forgot to mention that communist china wanted clinton to win so she could have used their poisoning of our nation with a virus to issue forced vaccinations connected to being able to buy and sell, fly, get a driver license, etc. Yes that was the plan. 2nd Reason! That entire list you mentioned wanting clinton to win wanted her to do so because they were totally connected to her insecure blackberry and computer system but now she would be president, with abedin her main attendant shifting all our secrets to muslim brotherhood and every other enemy nation stealing our national information because she would now be president! SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST UNSECURED PRESIDENT, Well maybe the second the muslim spy was the first! GOD HAD OTHER PLANS, He brought us the Miraculous Trump victory! But instead of thanking Him for sparing our nation this incredible evil that she would have brought, they cursed Him and hated Christians more for stating Trump was sent by God! Instead of recognizing that God was sparing our nation they feverishly HATED TRUMP!! Now we are receiving our possibly Last Wakeup Call to turn from evil and understand what God wants by totally ripping away all the fantasy idols we replaced Him with instead of recognizing Him and His Miraculous Miracles He has done for our Nation!

• John Beerley

04/17/2020 12:10 PM

It is my opinion that God saw to it that Donald Trump won because had Hillary won none of this would have been revealed.

• Rita Lewis

04/17/2020 12:09 PM

Now can you see why she couldn't and still hasn't accepted her loss? It was an impossibility in her mind. That's why she didn't even campaign. It was in the bag! NOT! YAY FOR HONEST AMERICANS!

• Katie Bohne

04/17/2020 12:08 PM

So...what is Barr doing about all of this. I thought his investigation was suppose to bring Hillary and her co harts to justice. Yes, we have a Corona virus but is this virus suppose to make us forget justice? I want to see some of these people, who we KNOW are guilty, behind bars. NOTHING IS HAPPENING. I WANT [email protected]!!!!!!

• Katie Bohne

04/17/2020 12:07 PM

• Cherie Athanasoulias

04/17/2020 12:06 PM

This is really a good article. I've known about much of this other than the footnote information. I have been called crazy and a conspiracy nut. Losing life long friendships and I am shunned by family members. Everyone should read and share this information. It's so scary to me what was done to American citizens by some of our most trusted agencies. And I am absolutely sure Obama was involved.

• Dale Michels

04/17/2020 11:58 AM

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• Kay DeWitt

04/17/2020 11:51 AM

I will never again say that nothing can surprise me after reading that there is a possibility that Russia was trying to help Hilary and NOT Donald Trump! I think this needs to be pursued and proven without a shadow of a doubt because it will make for a million -dollar story...and one that should then be used to indict the Democratic Party!!!

• Ray Cowden Witter

04/17/2020 11:41 AM

...and the rats will begin to scurry, scurry, scurry. Many “defense” attorneys will be set for life. HRC May charter a plane for Love Island.

RELATED READING:  More IG footnotes show the FBI was NOT "duped" by Russia

1) Declassified information related to “Crossfire Hurricane.”

--- The original FISA warrant application to spy on Carter Page.

• Dennis Ragain

• Katie Bohne

04/17/2020 12:07 PM

• Cherie Athanasoulias

04/17/2020 12:06 PM

• Dale Michels

04/17/2020 11:58 AM

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• Kay DeWitt

04/17/2020 11:51 AM

• Ray Cowden Witter

04/17/2020 11:41 AM

RELATED READING:  More IG footnotes show the FBI was NOT "duped" by Russia

1) Declassified information related to “Crossfire Hurricane.”

--- The original FISA warrant application to spy on Carter Page.

• Dennis Ragain

• Katie Bohne

04/17/2020 12:07 PM

• Cherie Athanasoulias

04/17/2020 12:06 PM

• Dale Michels

04/17/2020 11:58 AM

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• Kay DeWitt