Evening Edition - March 21

March 21, 2020 |

Last night, Senators worked late trying to reach agreement on a stimulus bill to help workers and businesses survive the pandemic shutdown. At this writing, the idea of two rounds of $1000 checks per person seems to have been replaced with one $1200 check and $250 billion to shore up the unemployment insurance program, to insure that people thrown out of work keep getting regular checks to help cover their bills. The latest proposal is that the one-time payments would phase out above $75,000 a year gross incomes for individuals and $150,000 for couples. Here are more details, but it’s not worth spending too much time on until some agreement is reached, because chances are good that the details will keep changing.

-----------------------------------

Iowa Republican Sen. Joni Ernst has proposed a bill that would take $350 million from the “obsolete and outdated” Presidential Election Campaign Fund (set up to reduce special interest influence, but campaigns have become so expensive that no candidate uses it anymore) and direct the money to health efforts instead.

On the other hand, Mike Bloomberg has something better to do with the $18 million he still has left over in his campaign fund: he’ll give it to Democrats to help them take the government back over on all levels and handle this virus as well as they did the swine flu. A reminder: he self-funded his campaign, so that’s actually just giving $18 million from him to the Democrats, who oppose letting billionaires buy elections, if I recall correctly.

By the way, he could also use it to pay his laid-off staffers through November, as they claim they were promised, but instead they’ll only be paid through April 1. Well, they trusted Mike Bloomberg, so April Fool!

-------------------------

Seniors are at the greatest risk from the COVID-19 coronavirus, so it’s important that they stay home to avoid contracting it. However, many seniors may not be aware of how they can deal with basic needs, like getting food and drugs delivered, errands run or advice from doctors. If you are in that group, or know someone who is, click the link below or share it. It features information and links to various sources, groups, companies and stores that will help take care of seniors’ needs at home and get them through this crisis safely.

------------------------------

If you’re griping about not being able to go to church, concerts and other large gatherings, count your blessings. Bangkok didn’t take the virus threat seriously and allowed a crowd to jam an arena for a big kickboxing championship. It’s estimated that at least 100 people were infected there and took it home, resulting in a spike in cases all over the country that were traced back to that one sporting event.

-------------------------------

I’m not going to report every claim or study related to the COVID-19 coronavirus, since you can find that everywhere and anywhere, 24/7. But this one may be important enough to mention. It’s possible that even though the worst symptoms are respiratory, the very first may be digestive issues such as diarrhea. That’s good to know for catching it early, but it’s also worth a reminder that just because you have digestive issues, that doesn’t mean you have the virus. But if you do suddenly feel as if you might actually need that garage full of toilet paper you bought, then definitely check with a doctor for testing, to be on the safe side.

----------------------

I suppose it shouldn’t even be considered news that someone who works at a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic has no respect for other people’s lives, but this is at least a new way of showing it.

-------------------------

It’s said that it’s an ill wind that blows no good, meaning that in every terrible turn of events, someone benefits. In the case of the coronavirus scare, many people may be out of work or stuck working at home, but retailers who have to deal with panic shopping, stockpiling and massive increases in delivery calls are hiring. Just three of them -- Walmart, Dollar Tree and 7-11 -- are looking to hire a total of 200,000 temporary workers, which should help some of the people put out of business in the restaurant, bar and service industry. Walmart is also giving bonuses to its current workers who are dealing with the crisis, and they say many of the new temp workers may become permanent employees. Meanwhile, Domino’s Pizza is looking to hire 10,000 workers, and Amazon is hiring 100,000.

---------------------

And here’s something I’ll bet you never thought you’d hear, and it would be great news under happier circumstances: Drive-in movies are suddenly the hottest entertainment venue in America. The icons of the 1950s have nearly been driven to extinction by suburban sprawl, but the ones that remain are suddenly the only place in the nation where families can get out of the house and see a movie on a big screen. Some report that attendance has leaped by 40%. To help combat the coronavirus, they’re instituting new safety measures, such as limiting lines at the concession stands.

Let’s hope that once the current pandemic passes, people will have rediscovered the fun of a Friday or Saturday night at the drive-in and keep coming back. In the meantime, if you’re going to be spending that much time in your car, here are some tips on how to disinfect its interior to make sure there are no viruses lurking on your steering wheel, dashboard or door handles. Sorry, if you’ve been to the drive-in, tips on getting mustard and nacho cheese out of the seats are not included.

• Bonnie Parvino

03/22/2020 08:24 PM

MIKE---I CANNOT NEGOTIATE POLITICS BUT I HAVE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED YOUR SCRIPTURES. MY BLOOD PRESSURE HAS HAD A SPELL OF GALLOPING.----SO I BELIEVE IT IS THE STRESS OF WORRY ABOUT MY FAMILY THAT I CANNOT HANDLE. I WILL CONTINUE TO READ YOUR ARTICLES IF ONLY SCANNING BUT ---- I REQUEST THAT WE CAST THE DEVIL OUT OF OUR FAMILIES,(WE ALL HAVE HIM ATTACKING US)….AND THEN ASK THE LORD TO PROTECT OUR CHILDREN--OUR GRANDCHILDREN & EVEN GREAT GRANDCHILDREN.-----AND ALL OF OUR SPOUSES AND LOVED ONES. I ASK THAT MY FAMILY AND MIKE FAMILY HAVE ANGELS AROUND THEM. I ASK THE LORD TO PUT ANGELS AROUND EVERY ONE IN AUTHORITY FIRST.----BUT, BEFORE WE MAKE THAT REQUEST WE MUST PRAY THAT THE DEVIL STOP ATTACKING OUR AUTHORITIES IN OUR NATION. AND DON'T FORGET TO PRAY FOR ISRAEL. --- I PRAY IN JESUS NAME. AS WE MAKE THE LORD OUR MASTER---JESUS OUR BEST FRIEND---CHRIST OUR MESSIAH----LET US PRAY---IN JESUS NAME.LOVE---BONNIE PARVINO

• jack macdonald

03/22/2020 04:15 PM

I know it's not covered in the constitution, but when there is a national emergency and you have two lawmakers taking part in undermining national security it might be time to bodily remove such individuals from the chambers. I am speaking of course of Nancy (the nitwit) Pelosi and Chuck (the ignoramus) Schumer;. These people are fiddling like Nero while our nation faces a crisis.

• Betty Hutson

03/22/2020 01:47 PM

Thank you Mike for all of this information. My family and I are staying in as much as possible. I enjoyed watching your program from 5 to 6 P.M. last night. And I also enjoy your daily Newsletters where I am kept up to date. I hve just finished attending my Church Service on U-Tube. What a blessing. The sermon was on 1 Peter 4:1-11. Thank you Scott K.
    Thank you Mike. You continue to bring me comfort in your reporting. God bless you, your family and everyone that is involved daily in reporting the Truth is our number One Priority Jesus Christ.

• Tom Longeway

03/22/2020 12:43 PM

Mike, there are a lot of us on Social Security that do not file income taxes , how do we get the support checks from the govt . ? You need to lobby for us .

Tom Longeway

• Floyd A Unger

03/22/2020 12:34 PM

• Vickie Fiorentino

03/22/2020 11:56 AM

Elective Surgeries, having been suspended...dones include ABORTION, right...So this would save some children!

• Jan Trosper

03/22/2020 11:31 AM

Around 30 years ago my aunt & cousin lived in a small town in the boot heel of Missouri on the edge of town. Across the street was a cotton field & one year the farmer decided to try growing rice. The wet fields created an unexpected by product - snakes lots of poisonous snakes. One day my aunt had enough she walked across the street to the field raised her hands to heaven and prayed the crop would wither and die. Everyday she walked to the field raised her hands to heaven and prayed. Her prayers were answered the rice crop withered and the snakes left. The next season the farmer planted cotton. I believe now is the time to raise our hands to heaven and ask for God's mercy to end this plague. Everyday I plan to open my door raise my hands towards heaven and ask our gracious merciful God to cause this virus to wither and die.

Jan

• suzanne Schwartz

03/22/2020 11:01 AM

Not wanting to panic about this crisis, i did not go and buy up all the toilet tissue in every store in my town of Conway, AR. Now, i do need to buy a package and cannot find it anywhere. My daughter and son-in-law went to practically every store in Conway yesterday looking for the coveted paper and there was NONE to be found. What are we supposed to do? Have even written my congressman about it because it is that dire a situation. i am a 67-year-old lady with a few health problems, some related to the intestines. i am not feeling great about not having toilet tissue available. Embarrassing to share, but desperate enough to share. Any ideas?

• Constance Onda

03/22/2020 10:29 AM

While the nation has suspended any elective surgery, including dental services, Planned Parenthood, in Michigan at least, has suspended health exams, etc, but are still performing abortions. How sad!

• Christine L Morgan

03/22/2020 10:24 AM

The fields are ripe for harvest. Now is NOT the time for Christian's to hide their light under a bushel. I applaud those who are committed to spread the Gospel while not spreading germs.

• Beatrice Cribb

03/22/2020 09:53 AM

Please mention ladies handbags. They have more germs than you know!

• Ed Thompson

03/22/2020 08:32 AM

So many contradictions going on with everything— everyone stay home from everything for at least two weeks and maybe three but if you want a job places that are still open for business,are hiring for delivery drivers and drive-in-movies are open to accommodate the hundred or more people in one spot to gather together for a night out??!!?? It’s a strange new world indeed we are in and finding a balance between being in total lockdown and maintaining services for people safely is something we have to find to be able to keep civilization going in the face of this crisis. We can’t just stop doing everything. Power plants need coal miners and pipeline workers to keep the lights on. Medical supplies don’t magically appear by themselves, groceries don’t deliver themselves to someone’s door. If ever there was a time for common sense and logic, it’s now. Balance!! We all have a huge stake here. Everyone please take responsibility for what you do and before you do ANYTHING—THINK about the repercussions of your actions first. For some people that might be the hardest thing they have ever done in their life. Time to learn how to be a responsible adult,folks. After all, it’s the world we are trying to help. This is real. We found something that hopefully everyone can finally agree on! Stay safe everyone. With God’s help, we WILL get through this stuff. Take it serious and do what you should and can. God Bless you all.

• Judy Radley

03/22/2020 12:26 AM

Thank you again, Mike, for your upbeat and positive newsletters. I was thinking about drive-in movies before I read it in your newsletter. Unfortunately, here in upstate New York, it is still too cold for staying outside in a car to watch a movie. But it is truly a fun event to do with my grandchildren in the summer. More families should do it in the summer. Also, regarding the pp person's horrible thing they did to the protester, here in Genesee County New York, which is between Buffalo and Rochester, NY, R. Stephen Hawley is our State Rep. and is a very good Conservative Republican, our local free publication, Genesee Valley Pennysaver, has a Rants or Raves opinion section in it, and a person wrote that while they were at a local pharmacy picking up meds. for their family, & they wore a mask and gloves while in the store, this person stated that while waiting in line, two teenagers walked past them and leaned in toward them and purposely coughed in this person's direction. That is the sad mentality of the kids who are now out of school because schools are closed, etc. It shows poor educational learning & lack of respect taught in the public school system here in NYS. As public schools don't teach respect towards others any more like it used to. And here is one example of the results.

I have always felt that home schooling is better for children as it helps build a stronger family unit and keeps the parents involved in their children's education. With schools closed now, maybe home schooling and distance learning will prevail in a more permanent common place than it is now. There are many families who home school here in NYS, and not all are just the Amish communities. And the results show that the students who are home schooled are just as good even better educated than those who go to public school. So....let's hope that this trend expands and that public schools get smaller and smaller until they all but disappear and home schooling becomes the the norm and not the exception. That would be another great boost to America and our economy too.

• Kathleen Long

03/21/2020 11:53 PM

Thank you so much for your updates. I appreciate the honest telling so much. And, I love your sense of humor. We need you; don't stop.

• Victoria Moniz

03/21/2020 11:27 PM

I don't trust the Dem proposal of state aid, I don't think we can trust them to use in a responsible way. Better is the aid to unemployment or rebates to individuals.

• Nancy jonas

03/21/2020 10:45 PM

I respect you and would value your opinion on this article

• Robin Rebhan

03/21/2020 10:37 PM

I liked your show this evening. In regards to your guest Charlie Kirk, he brought up the topic of our youth having a complacency about the COVID-19 Virus. I'm an old geezer, and I must admit I too have been somewhat ignoring the warnings in the media. Over the past few years I have learned not to trust the news media at all. I seldom know what to believe or not. I have a huge mistrust of the liberal press, the reporters, newspapers, TV news, and radio news. The hype is worse than that of a used car salesman. Ditto for the Congressional leaders of the impeachment proceedings we just went through. Oh and ditto for the bureaucratic government AKA Deep State, and AKA socialist state.
    So why would I believe any of this about the virus? Half of me says it may be true and half says I'm not so sure.
    I don't blame our youth on spring break. I blame the adults whose lies, and deception for so many years has jaded us into disbelief and complacency.
    After listening to the news I want to go on Spring Break!
    And God bless President Trump who has to sort out all of this everyday!

• Paul F Blauert

03/21/2020 10:13 PM

In WWW II the factories worked 24 hours a day with 3 shifts- what about applying that concept today. Figure out how long it will take to get American factories up to a war mode (say 3 months) - impose a 100% tariff on medical items coming from China effective in 3 months - give money to USA businesses and tax breaks for those who put their factories to work 24/7 for 3 years -

• rodolfo Monteforte

03/21/2020 09:55 PM

I would like to know how Ms N. Pelosi and Mr. C. Schummer have been (or will be) punished for their disgraceful behaviour. As we all know, Ms N. Pelosi destroyed the (official) copy of the speech that President Trump gave during the State of the Union Address and Mr. C. Schummer threatened two Supreme Court Justices when he was demonstrating at a pro-choice rally outside the Court House.

Also I would like to know how China will be penalized for their outrageous action of releasing (and creating) the Wuhan Virus. This criminal act must be heavily punished so that it will not happen again. Only president Trump has the courage and the know how to stop them in their tracks.

As a final comment, I am of the opinion that the proposed compensation of a "cash incentive" to every person affected by this Wuhan Virus is not the right way to go about solving the issues for the disruption of their daily routine. Granted it is not a good situation to be in and it poses difficult circumstances to many but cash payments will not solve the problem. A better way to address the problem would be to: 1) assure people that they will not lose their jobs after the storm subsides; 2) reduce the personal income taxes instead of giving out cash; 3) propose similar tax incentives to the affected businesses; 4) Encourage banks, credit card companies, mortgage lenders etc., to not penalize people if they do not make timely payments to loan commitments. Making laws that will give out money "left right and centre" will only debilitate financially the country and it could send it into an unrecoverable "tail spin"; a condition which unfortunately the Democrats are hoping will happen. This should not be allowed.

Can I ask you to reply? I will appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Rodolfo

• Robert Wagoner

03/21/2020 09:24 PM

Thank you Mike, I enjoy reading your reports. it is good for the soul to have some levity in the news. Keep it up.

• Nelda White

03/21/2020 09:23 PM

Only a vile organization would tolerate a vile act like deliberately coughing on someone.

• Greg Moore

03/21/2020 09:20 PM

It would be nice to see not just how many new cases there are on a daily basis, but how many have recovered. The recovery rate is very high, but we don't hear this in the news.
    BTW, according to the CDC - Estimated Influenza Illnesses, Medical visits, Hospitalizations, and Deaths in the United States on average were: 28.5 Million Illnesses; 13.2 Million Med. Visits; 445K Hospitalizations and 37.3 Thousand Deaths! Why is our country screeching to a halt???? Seems suspicious...

• Gale Kennedy

03/21/2020 09:09 PM

Drive-in theaters are also great places to hold church services. There are also prepackaged individual communion elements available. Churches should check on renting these venues.

• Kay DeWitt

03/21/2020 08:55 PM

Here we go again with my inability to get through reading one of your newsletters without saying "I don't believe this!" ...Well what I couldn't believe MOST in this newsletter's message is that Mike Bloomberg is only paying his laid-off staffers until April 1st...With all his money how could this possibly BE true!!!!!

Can you write more ABOUT this? How did you find this out? I am going to try and do a search ON it.....because, if it IS true, it should be used as a story that bears witness to the irrational insanity...godless...evil...etc...thinking of the Democrats!
    I should have thrown the word hypocritical in there also!. A billionaire politician
    spending millions of dollars of his own money because he wants to be the President so he can help Americans and he cannot even help his own staffers by giving THEM money. ...that,WITH all the money he has, would amount to pennies in comparison!..My brain says, "cannot compute!"

• Bettye Martinez

03/21/2020 08:50 PM

Hurray for drive in movies making a come back. I was raised on them and loved every movie I ever saw! I hope they make a huge come back and stay for years and years again. What fun we had at them!

Evening Edition - March 21

• Constance Onda

03/22/2020 10:29 AM

• Christine L Morgan

03/22/2020 10:24 AM

• Beatrice Cribb

03/22/2020 09:53 AM

Please mention ladies handbags. They have more germs than you know!

• Ed Thompson

03/22/2020 08:32 AM

• Judy Radley

03/22/2020 12:26 AM

• Kathleen Long

03/21/2020 11:53 PM

• Victoria Moniz

03/21/2020 11:27 PM

• Nancy jonas

03/21/2020 10:45 PM

I respect you and would value your opinion on this article

• Robin Rebhan

03/21/2020 10:37 PM

After listening to the news I want to go on Spring Break!
    And God bless President Trump who has to sort out all of this everyday!

• Paul F Blauert

03/21/2020 10:13 PM

• rodolfo Monteforte

03/21/2020 09:55 PM

Can I ask you to reply? I will appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Kind regards,

• Constance Onda

03/22/2020 10:29 AM

• Christine L Morgan

03/22/2020 10:24 AM

• Beatrice Cribb

03/22/2020 09:53 AM

Please mention ladies handbags. They have more germs than you know!

• Ed Thompson

03/22/2020 08:32 AM

• Judy Radley

03/22/2020 12:26 AM

• Kathleen Long

03/21/2020 11:53 PM

• Victoria Moniz

03/21/2020 11:27 PM

• Nancy jonas

03/21/2020 10:45 PM

I respect you and would value your opinion on this article

• Robin Rebhan

03/21/2020 10:37 PM

After listening to the news I want to go on Spring Break!
    And God bless President Trump who has to sort out all of this everyday!

• Paul F Blauert

03/21/2020 10:13 PM

• rodolfo Monteforte

03/21/2020 09:55 PM

Can I ask you to reply? I will appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Kind regards,