Much of Monday’s news was dominated by the coverage of the fake news over the Catholic school boys and the Native American activist in Washington, the unconscionable hatred and violent rhetoric aimed at children over a story that wasn’t even true, and the furious backpedaling and Tweet-deleting by those who rushed to condemn without first making sure they had the facts (and who might be more fearful of lawsuits than conscience-stricken.)

But if there’s one thing you can always count on from the hard-core left, it’s the absolute refusal to admit they are wrong.  There are still some out there, bitterly clinging to the narrative that was shattered by the video and witness testimony; still trying to dig up anything to make the case that the boys are really racists or that they were the ones who initiated the confrontation (even though they were the ones who were accosted -- and in showing admirable restraint, they exhibited far more maturity than any of the so-called “adults” who rushed to attack them on scant and misleading evidence.)  Just as with the pro-abortion lobby that insists against all scientific evidence that a baby in the womb is just a clump of cells, they refuse to let facts influence their conclusions.

I wrote a book four years ago, pointing out the complete disconnect between our media elites and the people who cover them.  Rather than taking my advice to leave their bubbles, venture into “flyover country” and actually meet the people they report on, in the years since, they’ve entrenched themselves even deeper.  In talking about Trump supporters only to other anti-Trumpers who’ve never met any, they’ve managed to make the cardinal mistake of all fanatics: they’ve started to believe their own propaganda.

There were unable to accept that Americans voted for Trump because they were fed up with a government that seemed unresponsive to their needs, that called them “racist” if they complained about illegal immigration undercutting their wages and jobs (even though it harms black and Hispanic low skilled workers worst of all) and told them they were out of date and should get training to do something else as their jobs were sent overseas by the thousands.  They didn’t want to support a candidate who insulted them as “deplorables” to their faces and refused even to campaign in their states.  They liked the idea of “Making America Great Again.”  So they took a chance and voted for Trump.

And because the left never admits when it’s wrong, there was never any period of introspection or soul-searching about how their policies had failed the people, or how their arrogance had alienated voters.  Instead, it was much more comforting simply to assume that anyone who disagreed with them was either stupid or evil.

And thus we got the phony narrative that Trump supporters in MAGA caps are all just a bunch of violent, hateful, racist, white supremacists. It reduces their political opponents to a sub-human level, and makes it okay to hate them and even socially acceptable to endorse committing violence against them. This is calling “othering” when they accuse other people of doing it.  It's very useful for leftists who don't want to confront their own failings, but as the Rev. King warned us, hate destroys the hater as much as the hated.

And so now, we see them viciously attacking innocent young men.  And for some, even the emergence of evidence of their innocence is irrelevant.  Simply the fact that they wore MAGA caps or are white or Catholic is reason enough to want to commit violence against them, because they look like the image of people they think deserve it.

At the link, a writer for the disreputable website Buzzfeed explains that it’s understandable that “the sight of that face caused a visceral reaction.”  She’s referring to the face of a teenager, smiling uncomfortably because he’s being accosted and profanely taunted in public and doesn’t know how to react.  But he’s wearing a MAGA cap, so naturally, her visceral reaction is to assume he’s at fault and want to destroy him.  This is the result not only of giving in to hate, hubris and prejudice, but of believing your own bull, which might also be why Buzzfeed is so eager to run any piece of garbage as long as it attacks Trump.

Remember the saying from “Love Story,” that “Love means never having to say you’re sorry”? The 2019 version is, “Hate means never having to say you’re sorry.”

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

The threat of "fake news"

A Twitter alternative

Bigots at the NYT and elsewhere

• SUZANNE E WALL

01/22/2019 02:05 PM

Thank you for your article. I have read and watched the entire video library of the incident. These young men were not disrespectful or outrageous at all. 1) they were at the mall for the right to LIFE march. Can't be too outrageous and be brave enough to support LIFE 2) they were not even present for the vile protest of the black hebrew israelites and their nasty slurs aimed at the Native American Indians. 3) the boys were told to meet up at the Lincoln Memorial in order to catch a bus ride home. This was the 10th yr for this event. 4) the BHI turned their hatred from the NAI to the boys, and the language was graphic and mean 5) the socalled elder NAI Nathan Phillips deliberately walked up to one boy and got in his space and banged on the drum and chanted. 6) the boy(s) did not "react". They "responded" with a smile, and strength from within. This behavior was rewarded with vile and nasty comments and an implied threat. Watching the video I became fearful. However, in this case God was in control, and it was obvious. In my mind, the media are God haters, and this is why they used these boys. My surprise was their own religious organization threw them under the bus. And the swiftness some of our own socalled republicans and conservatives did the same. Sad days ahead.

• Laura

01/22/2019 01:58 PM

As a teacher (and parent) I reacted to the initial news, thinking the kids had acted without supervision and with immature thinking. When I saw the videos, I was ashamed of myself and proud of them. To see the false narrative continued for more than 24 hours, reported on NBC in the nightly news -- I am now angry and appalled.
    Years ago the Lord showed me that being like Sodom wasn't about the sex sin; it was about the mob mentality...and here we are!
    God help us!

• Crystal Rhodes

01/22/2019 01:50 PM

Well said! Thank you for taking the stand you do! Praying for you daily Sir.

• Mario A. Valadez

01/22/2019 01:30 PM

Mr. Huckabee you are right on target. 100% correct. I'm a Catholic. Hispanic of Mexican ancestry but I consider myself an American above all else. I'm sixty-six years old born and raised in this the greatest country in the world. If I had a MEGA cap, I would wear it. What I don't understand about Republicans is why are they so scared of confronting these leftist coons and start calling them out for who they are. Which in my opinion they are "NIHILIST"

• ROBERT MCFATE

01/22/2019 01:26 PM

I'm afraid that it is just a matter of time before one of these incidents totally blows up. You can only push so far before someone will defend themselves and when it happen there will be blood shed and possibly even death. All we can do is pray it doesn't happen but the Bible tells us otherwise about it happening.

• Concerned

01/22/2019 01:21 PM

Hello Governor Mike Huckabee, With all the fuss about not enough people here in the US that are willing to work with their hands, not enough college trained young people to work in the Tech area, etc., etc., maybe some of the 44 or 45 million little ones that never had a chance to even think about what they wanted to do when they grow up could have helped. So very sad.

• Ti Michelle Connelly

01/22/2019 01:03 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee

As a true pre-Vatican II Catholic, I reject the Vatican II counsel and believe that it broke away from the magestarium of the Roman Catholic Church and established a prostanstant sect. The counsel hijacked the name ” Catholic Church”. The true name of this church should be “The Novus Ordo” church. I think any news pertaing to the pope or his church should be identified as the Novus ordo church. The Pre-Vatican II Catholic Church is the only true Roman catholic church.

• Scott Thompson

01/22/2019 12:36 PM

I can't believe we harp and beg and extoll our young people not to bully each other....then they get attacked and bullied by a bunch of liberal lunatics!

• Bill Hudson

01/22/2019 12:36 PM

Gov. Huckabee watch your program and read your newsletter. The article and associated videos, which was far more conclusive, about the Covington High School boys and other groups clearly show that the boys did not move to confront the American Indian marchers but that the American Indian marchers moved to them. The other group was clearly harassing both the boys and the American Indian group with taunts and verbal abuse. I could not hear the boys shouting "Build that wall." I did see some of them jumping around with the beating of the drum. I chock that up to a bunch of rambunctious teenagers with a lot of pent up energy more than mocking the Indians. If anyone ever went to a rock concert and saw teenagers jumping around they would recognize such behavior. I guess my question would be why did Mr. Phillips think it wise to move toward the center of a large group of individuals of any age standing in a closely packed group. I do not believe that demonstrated wisdom on his part. So the one young man did not yield his position to Mr. Phillips when he came forward and beat his drum in his face. I did not see him say anything to him or make threatening gestures he stood his ground and finally smiled. They can call it a smirk or whatever, sometimes a forced smile is not the best smile. I read that it was offered to Mr. Phillips to bring him to meet with the boy(s), set down and eat and discuss their relationship. To me that is a very sensible thing to do. How can I truly provide understanding of my position on a situation without a logical discourse of exchanging ideas. Unfortunately our society seems to have lost the ability to truly talk and discuss differences. It seems quite clear that the liberal news media is in full press to promote an agenda of derision and divisiveness between the American public at large. One has to ask themselves to what end. Is it simply to sell more copy of their product? Hate only brings about the destruction of our nation. We all suffer and are being destroyed by the continual hate being propagated by the media.

• Scott Thompson

01/22/2019 12:36 PM

• Joseph Trokey

01/22/2019 12:12 PM

It is truly sad indeed to think that merely installing camera capable of recording video on a cell phone would cause so much trouble, and the fact that people would edit it to fit their version of the truth is abhorrent. Of course, seeing a story the way you want to see it is not a new thing. It has happened over and over again through the ages. Now, though, with video on a phone and being able to just record want you want or edit it later and saying "Look, it's the truth because I have a video", it can be just as much a lie as it ever was and people still will look at you and say " Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up" even when the truth is slapping them in the face. We are truly a disaster waiting for a place to happen.

• Eric Letts

01/22/2019 12:09 PM

I would really like to know why those people covering this are not in jail. That kid did nothing wrong, I would have thought the same thing if I had only seen the part they showed, but I watched it all. Now because of the media that kid could be a target for hate groups. Way to go media, you got your made up story !

• David Anderson

01/22/2019 12:06 PM

I’ve come to the conclusion that the Left is determined to destroy Christianity in America, not because of its doctrines, but because it is the last refuge of the belief in the traditional family structure in which the husband is the head of the home and the wife is the heart of the home. The Jews are a matrilineal society in which the husband is the head of the house and the wife is the neck! They also have a 2000 year history of persecution and hate that history. The women’s liberation movement is its natural ally, advocating for personal fulfillment over family solidarity. The LGBT group is another ally. These groups are a minority, but make a lot of noise while the majority normally remains silent. You, Governor, are one of the few voices standing up to them in public, and for that I am very grateful.

• Ray Morris

01/22/2019 12:00 PM

The definitive answer to the idiocy of the Loony Left resides in the Old Testament book of Eclesiastes, chapter 10 verse 2. I paraphrase: the heart of the Wise inclines to the right, while that of the Fool to the Left. That's evidence enough for me.

• Priscilla Khweis

01/22/2019 11:58 AM

I am so sick of lefts & media garbage they spout ! Also Facebook leaving up lies about what happened the other day @ the rally in DC ! This country is more divided now than the 60's and is so very sad our country has come to this! The left needs to spend time taking care of the country business instead of spewing hatred on a daily basis !!They with the media are taking part in a dark & deadly game--GOD forgive them for what they are doing to our beloved country !!

• David Arthur Kosinski

01/22/2019 11:54 AM

Brother Mike,

Your phrase, "...they refuse to let the facts influence their conclusions;" (in your Catholic School boys comments) reminds me if what The Futurist, Joel Barker said about Paradigms, in one of his 20 year old VCR videos (I used them in my old Problem Solving classes, when I worked for DOD.)

Although he was speaking of scientists, I believe his statement that, "....scientists let in (pay attention to and consider) facts that fit with their Scientific Paradigm" and can actually "ignore as irrelevant" those that don't.

I kind of think that this human dynamic is a pretty accurate description if the unfortunate clashes between Conservatives and Liberals!

Keep up His work, Brother!

Dave Kosinski
    Psalm 107:2

• Geraldine Tinnin

01/22/2019 11:53 AM

I just listened to you this morning on Fox.
    Governor Huckabee, you are CORRECT....I hope some lawyers do help these young men, someone has got to start holding these news outlets and progressive elitists responsible for their hatred. If we don’t stand up and fight back they will just continue! There goal (Alinsky rules) is to wear us down...we need to stand up and fight back!

• Barbra Cunningham

01/22/2019 11:50 AM

I really appreciate the time you take to keep us up on the truth. It is so sad that a lot of people that are full of hate and I am talking about Christians tend to believe the negative because it feeds their mind on what they want to believe rather than what is true. They don’t even see the fact the President Trump believes in God and prayer and his sincere love for America and the choices he makes is for the betterment of making America great again and for the people’s saggy. God bless America.

• Jodi Mossoni

01/22/2019 11:41 AM

I have always believed dealing with Christian folks means I have much less chance of a being mistreated merely because of Christian values. I live by a small principle that say "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". If everyone would stop to think about that before they post or say anything the world would be a much better place. I think the boys handled the situation with remarkable maturity and am very sorry they have had to endure this experience. History has show many times that greed and hatred have caused bad things to happen. Blaming young people for things that happened before their birth seems incredible wrong in so many ways. The idea that we should somehow punish people now merely because they are wearing a hat seems like allowing the bad from history to repeat itself. May god protect these young people, their school and community and help them show God's love in how they live.

• G Prosper

01/22/2019 11:36 AM

In a repetitively vain attempt to understand "the left", "the leftist media", et al, I have finally come to the conclusion that they are suffering from and acting out some sort of group insanity. They are mentally ill. That explains it for me.

• Vicki Briles

01/22/2019 11:29 AM

This is so true. The only reason these MINORS were being bullied and attacked by 2 different ADULT groups is for the crime of supporting the President of the US. What are we teaching our children when people all over this nation, the media and celebrities endorse bullying of any kind, but specifically against children. Yes they are teenagers, but they are still minors. I feel they handled this situation very well considering the circumstances. They are teaching that bullying is just fine as long as it's directed at someone white, a conservative or a Christian. The bible says they will call good evil and will call evil good. I believe we are witnessing biblical prophesy being played out right before our eyes. Come Lord, please come!!

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

The threat of "fake news"

A Twitter alternative

Bigots at the NYT and elsewhere

• SUZANNE E WALL

01/22/2019 02:05 PM

• Laura

01/22/2019 01:58 PM

God help us!

• Crystal Rhodes

01/22/2019 01:50 PM

Well said! Thank you for taking the stand you do! Praying for you daily Sir.

• Mario A. Valadez

01/22/2019 12:00 PM

• Priscilla Khweis

01/22/2019 11:58 AM

• David Arthur Kosinski

01/22/2019 11:54 AM

Brother Mike,

Keep up His work, Brother!

Dave Kosinski
    Psalm 107:2

• Geraldine Tinnin

01/22/2019 11:53 AM

I just listened to you this morning on Fox.

• Barbra Cunningham

01/22/2019 11:50 AM

• Jodi Mossoni

01/22/2019 11:41 AM

• G Prosper

01/22/2019 11:36 AM

• Vicki Briles

01/22/2019 11:29 AM

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

The threat of "fake news"

A Twitter alternative

Bigots at the NYT and elsewhere

• SUZANNE E WALL

01/22/2019 02:05 PM

• Laura

01/22/2019 01:58 PM

God help us!

• Crystal Rhodes

01/22/2019 01:50 PM

Well said! Thank you for taking the stand you do! Praying for you daily Sir.

• Mario A. Valadez

01/22/2019 12:00 PM

• Priscilla Khweis

01/22/2019 11:58 AM

• David Arthur Kosinski

01/22/2019 11:54 AM

Brother Mike,

Keep up His work, Brother!

Dave Kosinski
    Psalm 107:2

• Geraldine Tinnin

01/22/2019 11:53 AM

I just listened to you this morning on Fox.

• Barbra Cunningham