May 24, 2018

My commentary on Mark Levin’s argument on the unconstitutionality of Mueller’s appointment has generated tons of responses from readers, so many that it’ll take me a while to catch up. But there’s a cynical common thread: Thanks, Governor, for explaining this, but you realize it won’t matter, nothing will happen, the swamp is too thick to drain, the left is too entrenched, the media are in it with them, there’s nothing anybody can do. Yes, folks, I share the frustration, but the only way we can change things is to push back as hard as we can. If we back off, it’s over.

Common wisdom says that shining a light on roaches makes them run. But these infiltrators are a different species of roach, calling themselves "confidential insect sources" instead of what we know they are. Catch them in your beam, and they just lie to your face (they also get book deals) and say: “We are NOT filthy roaches...we are "we were, uh, PATROLLING your kitchen to track down the REAL pests! Yeah, that’s the ticket! We were doing you a favor. You should be GLAD we got into your house.”

So we have to fight these vermin. Some of my readers expressed skepticism that any lawyer wouldn’t already know about the Appointments Clause, but Mark Levin actually addressed that when he brought up the subject on Tuesday, saying that bureaucrat-lawyers such as those within the FBI and other departments would not necessarily have that much of an understanding. Their brains function in certain ways that pertain to the kind of work they do: warrants, indictments, trying cases, etc. Levin says they probably don’t know other parts of the Constitution all that well.

After hearing from so many who doubt anything will come of this, I concluded that the most likely way –- perhaps the only way –- the Appointments Clause could make a difference would be if it gets argued before the Supreme Court. And right after having that thought, I read a comment from former lawyer (who confessed he’d practiced law “before God relieved me of that burden”) James Nearen, who also happens to lives somewhere in my neck of the woods—er, beach.

Mr. Nearen writes to say that he’d heard Levin on the radio and agrees with him, but he adds that such an esoteric argument, to be successful, would have to go all the way to SCOTUS. (It does appear so.) In the meantime, he cautions Rudy Giuliani --- are you listening, Rudy?? --- that he MUST NOT allow President Trump to answer ANY questions. If Trump answers even one, it could be seen as a “waiver of a legal defect,” which I think means he wouldn’t be able to make the Appointments Clause argument from that point on, even if it’s valid.

He also mentioned something we should all know by now: that there’s no getting around the fact that any questioning by Mueller will be a perjury trap. So there would inevitably be an allegation of perjury, even if Trump is trying his best to be truthful, followed by an attempt at impeachment. Nearen says that even if Mueller’s team is committing legal malpractice, that fact wouldn’t help the President.

Again, are you there, Rudy? DO NOT let the President testify under any circumstances. Put the Appointments Clause argument together and get it before the Supremes. We might have just enough Supreme Court justices who care about constitutional protections of Presidential power.

Finally, in response to news from the Daily Caller that several FBI agents want subpoenas so they can reveal what they know about the agency's misconduct, Michael Caputo has announced that those rank-and-file FBI officials don't have to sit around waiting for a subpoena and that a fund has been set up to pay their legal fees; go to caputolegalfund.com.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Randolph L. Groninger

05/24/2018 12:07 PM

I am not in any way a legal scholar - just one of the millions of God fearing Americans who helped elect President Trump.

That said, I do not understand why the President cannot simply fire both Mueller and Rosenstein. After all, the President is head of the Executive Branch. Some action must be taken to stop this witch hunt. If the President fired them, I suppose the liberal Democrats and the Deep State Swamp would attempt to ensure chaos occurred and attempt impeachment. However, they are in effect trying to do that now. It is dividing this country and I believe it will ultimately have to be resolved at The Supreme Court level.

This is really a matter of spiritual warfare orchestrated by satan. Mature Christians will recognize this for what it is. I hope and pray all Christians will bind and rebuke this demonic attempt to overthrow our President.

Thank you and your daughter, Sarah, for standing on the right and Godly side of History.

• Henry Sherwood

05/24/2018 12:05 PM

As a twice retired LEO, Ln watch and listen to the political rhetoric. This has been going on for so long with out change, In the case of president Trump the Opposition seems to be sworn to bring down Trump at any cost. The Opposition is so deeply intrenched in all fractions of government (and please do not forget SOROS). They have determined that any means that can unseat Trump is appropriate, and have aimed their attacks along those lines, in some of their cases the best defense and only defense is a lie good filled offence. No one associated with Trump is safe or immune from attack or protentional destruction.
    Lastly Please do not forget a Society that is rapidly approaching a mind set of a total lack of Social and Moral Responsibility, with Little or no Consequences for Actions Taken (The "gun Issue").

Henry Sherwood

• Randy Butler

05/24/2018 12:03 PM

Governor Huckabee, did the CONGRESS come up with the Federal Bureaucratic JOB of the 'Special Prosecutor". If so why did CONGRESS not figure out a way to stop the Prosecutor or end the employment? If this is the case and the Special Prosecutor is representing the American People why can't CONGRESS Stop Funding this position. My opinion is this there is no longer a viable reason for the MUELLER investigation to continue. Do you have the opinion that the REASONS FOR MUELLER to STOP outnumber the REASONS to CONTINUE? Let the duly elected President do the JOB he was sent to WASHINGTON DC and complete. ROSENSTEIN or MUELLER received NO VOTES from any CITIZENS.!

• Jerry/Ruth Eskew

05/24/2018 11:59 AM

We are so glad for you to inform us of potential solutions and serious negative complications to these solutions. The average lay person would never know of such nuances and, therefore, conclude that nothing is happening when, in fact, there is, after all, strategy being exercised. We trust perhaps you have direct connection to Giuliani to share your concerns along with the agreement of thousands of your followers.

• James greene

05/24/2018 11:53 AM

Vote & pray??

• Thomas Palmer

05/24/2018 11:48 AM

Mike, great comments today, as always. I too am a very seasoned lawyer fortunate enough to have relieved myself of the burdens of law practice. Though I am a Mark Levin supporter and admirer, as I listened to his comments you reference, the thought occurred to me that most lawyers and law professors would have little or no comprehensive understanding of Mark's carefully crafted analysis, comments and suggestions. I put most swamp dwellers in the same category. From the start `of the mess we are in, I have told family and friends Trump MUST NOT testify. Mueller and colleagues have baited a very lethal trap. With all due respect to Rudy (whom I admire) neither he nor any lawyer will be able to adequately prepare President Trump for a visit to Mueller "Hell". It is not a lack of smarts, Trump is a smart man, his sharp mind is honed by years of deal making, but respectfully the best of deal makers have been entrapped by average, let alone very savvy, prosecutors. Your roach analogy is apt, so too comes to mind the habit of coyote's luring dogs with invitations to play and then switching to kill mode and obtaining supper.
    Thanks for all of your good work.

• Katherine harris

05/24/2018 11:48 AM

Thank you for your insight and the opportunity to comment. I listened to Levins dialogue and agree with him & your assessment. I'm not a lawyer. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to understand darkness & light, however it seems that attorneys and the deep state attempt are devoted to define one as the other. I'm a conservative widow of 24 years, raised a son & daughter who know and value their conservative roots. It's only by God's mercy and his divine guidance of my naive desire to do what is right that my kids know more and are informed active patriotic citizens. His mercy revealed also to me how entrapped American citizens, both Christians (myself included) and not, have become in liberal, socialistic entitlement practices. Integrity, honesty and our founding documents are being interpreted subjectively - each person doing what is right in their own eyes. This is not sustainable, there is an accounting. When the rubber meets the road, and their entitlements and freedoms are ripped away, the squels of stuck pigs will be resounding.
    On another note, being a conservative single Christian mom in today's society (including the church) is challenging because of the feminizing of America coupled with the prevelent liberal ideology. I appreciate what your daughter is doing and the example it sets.

• Ingrid Forsberg

05/24/2018 11:45 AM

What I CAN do about the swamp is pray. My prayers are more effective than Obama's pen & phone. Vote & pray & pray & pray. Then the swamp can/will drain. (Wasn't DC built on land that was a real swamp in the first place? Interesting fact. I wonder if that was prophetic.)

• David Headrick

05/24/2018 11:45 AM

Mike Huckabee, Sir, if you have the President's ear, please make a person to person appeal to him that he 1. Should never allow an interview with Muller, and 2. That he should see that the "appointments clause" issue reaches SCOTUS as soon as possible. (I believe you might just have an inside track to a meeting with POUUS, since your wonderful daughter sees him daily.)

• Larry Morgenstern

05/24/2018 11:44 AM

Evil is too universally invested in the lives of many, many people who "lead", "govern", or just simply work in our government. Therefor, the answer to mankind's problems is not man himself. This has been true since the Garden. Hence, the problem lies in the spiritual realm. America must turn to God alone to save us from ourselves. "If my people , who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from the wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14 NASB. Though many may be saved, unless this happens. The nation will not be. That is where we must apply ourselves.

• Loretta Hubbard

05/24/2018 11:43 AM

Mike,
    This world is a frightening place to live. I never thought the United States would ever get this bad. I cannot watch FOX NEWS. It scares me so bad that I have to turn TV off. At night, when local news goes off at 10:30 PM, Jimmy Kimmel follows. He is a disgrace to society. So, you turn the channel to FOX NEWS, and you go from being angry at this crazy left wing TV personality for belittling our president, to being fearful that our nation will be taken over by the Democratic Party and life as we once knew it will be no more.

We must work and spread the word about what will happen shortly if Democrats take over. The horrible thing is they could impeach our president!! The first thing we must do is sit down and pray every day and keep Jesus Christ forever near to our hearts....pray without ceasing. I believe in the power of prayer!! It has saved our country so many times. “Look up for our redemption draweth nigh.”

• MICHAEL D LONG

05/24/2018 11:33 AM

ALL THE TALKING HEADS WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. THE BOTTOM LINE SESSIONS IS STILL THE A.G. AND DOING NOTHING. AND PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS THE POWER TO ORDER AN INVESTIGATION WITH A GRAND JURY HE HAS THE POWER TO ORDER THE FBI AND DOJ TO RELEASE FILES AND DOCUMENTS THAT CONGRESS HAS REQUESTED.. PRESIDENT TRUMP TALKS THE TALKS BUT HE NOT WALKING THE WALK.... P.S. WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT THE LEFT AND THE SWAMP REMEMBER MANY MEMBERS OF THE GOP ALSO ARE IN THE SWAMP..

• Roberta Morin

05/24/2018 11:33 AM

Yes, don't allow the President to make any comments which will entrap them in their little roach trap. He is getting the job done and that is why they are almost having a stroke to get him to stop. I feel as many others that it i nearly a colossal task that may not be overcome. However, for future generations in this country we must continue. Otherwise, we are wiped off the world map.

• mark spowage

05/24/2018 11:31 AM

Great to see your daughter take on the deep state for TRUMP !
    I am keen to promote "A SHOW OF FAITH FOR TRUMP" in cities across the US (interfaith gala to unite the faith community around TRUMP)
    Why can't citizens take the DOJ to court ? via class action for acting against the constitution ?

• William Hamilton

05/24/2018 11:31 AM

I thought our whole Civil War was over whether or not our

I THOUGHT OUR WHOLE CIVIL WAR WAS ABOUT THE POWER OF THE FEDERAL GOVT AS SUPERIOR TO THE STATES RIGHTS. IF NOT, THEN STATES HAVE THE RIGHT TO RE ENSTATE SLAVERY, AND THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ESTABLISH SANCTUARIES FOR ILLEGALS OF ANY KIND IF CONTRARY TO U.S.LAW.
    OR DO THEY!

• rada morgan

05/24/2018 11:28 AM

To say we are frustrated is putting it mildly. I'm downright furious that nothing serious seems to be happening to the blatant law breakers in our government. The average citizen would already be in jail. Hillary (!) Comey (!) Kerry (!) Lynch (!), et al and many in the IRS. I don't want to give up but at the rate our government is moving I won't see justice in my lifetime. I email my congressmen and even if I get a response it's a form letter. Yes, I will remember come election time but it's so hard to convince the populace we need to kick the career politicians out.
    Thanks for keeping us informed and being a voice of sanity

• Vickie Fiorentino

05/24/2018 11:26 AM

And again....would that they would listen to you. We the People SEE it but someone is blowing smoke up the antics of everyone else....and getting away with it. WHEN will this crap end? Enough already!

• Esther Patterson

05/24/2018 11:21 AM

I do not trust Mueller and his close affiliation with the Obama administration and the Clintons. He is plain and simply gunning for the President under orders from those he really works for. Rosenstein knows that this investigation and its entire scope is unconstitutional and doesn’t care as long as he does what he is there to do...take down the President. It is past time for President Trump to do a house cleaning in the DOJ including Sessions if he isn’t willing to do his job. I read your letter here everyday and watched your program whenever I can.

• Laurie Giesler

05/24/2018 11:20 AM

I agree that we MUST fight! Call the White House en masse! Call Guiliani. Let them know about the Appointments Clause. We must expose the rats and cockroaches. BUT, not to make them scurry so they can do their dirty work behind someone else. We must trap and destroy them. Incarcerated on some lonely island. It is an evil cabal behind these globalists but WE outnumber THEM if we will only stick together! That is why Soros has spent so much money to divide us!

• Carol Breeden

05/24/2018 11:15 AM

The "deep state" is even deeper than what I can comprehend. President Trump is fighting a battle that is even stronger than I can comprehend. But I read the end of "The Book" and we win. I just don't know what we will have to go through before that time. But God knows and I trust Him. The evil deep state was deeply entrenched before people like me even knew there was a problem. There are many people who are "on the books" as being democrats who don't even know what is going on. They are just spewing words they have heard from the deep state. They do not understand what is going on. Some just like a good fight except there is nothing good about this. I am clinging to God like a person in the middle of a flood would cling to a nearby tree in order to survive. I appreciate people like you who are trying to educate the public. President Trump is exactly who we need at the helm at this time. He is most likely the only one who could stand under the onslaught that is coming against him. We are living in a time like no other. But, as I said, I read the end of The Book.

• JOHN A. HOWARD

05/24/2018 11:15 AM

President Trump should be smart enough not to have anything to do with a meeting with Mueller to answer any questions. His committee only has one thing on their mind and that is finding anything they can use to impeach our President. MR. PRESIDENT: DON'T DO IT!

• Skip Tribby

05/24/2018 11:13 AM

Great advice Governor Huckabee. Let us hope Rudy is listening or even better knows this himself and guides the President wisely through this ordeal!

• Pam Kuckelman

05/24/2018 11:12 AM

Hi Mr. Huckabee,

Do you talk to President Trump and Rudy Giuliani? Please get this information to them about the appointment clause and NOT answering any questions! This is so important and I don't know if President Trump ever gets to see any of the emails I send him. Please tell your daughter too!!
    Thanks for all you do!

• Barbara Raskis Flowers

05/24/2018 11:05 AM

One way of dealing with the frustration of this bs going on is to do something...anything. I am making a contribution to cavutolegalfund.com in hopes that the honorable FBI agents that want to do the right thing have good representation.

• Karen benson

05/24/2018 11:02 AM

I have been feeling so confident that our great country wil end up on the side of justice done. I am beginning to feel foolish. Have we ever fought against so many with such deep deep pockets? If finally the righteous prevail and thousands are found guilty of high treason have you thought about their punishments. I am a peaceful person but high treason requires the death sentence. Long hard thought and prayer has brought me to this conclusion. It is not murder. It is the ultimate price for the ultimate heinous crime. God be with us. Amen

• Tom Williams

05/24/2018 10:54 AM

I suggest President Trump answer all Mueller's questions in writing, but then have his attorney redact them all. That way President Trump can truthfully say he answered them, but that his attorney redacted them under Executive and Attorney-client privileges!! This seems to be the state-of-the-art in our country today.

• Pat Carter

05/24/2018 10:53 AM

Please don't assume Rudy G reads thie. PLS tell him directly. Trump must not be interviewed by Mueller.

• Luetta Wood

05/24/2018 10:48 AM

Thank you for advising Giuliani about having President Trump answer ANY questions. Please hammer this home to him! It's a no brained!!!!! Mueller is a snake in the grass.

• Paul Hyland

05/24/2018 10:10 AM

Dear Mr. Huckabee
    Thanks for giving attention to this Appointments Clause issue. I heard Mr. Levin's comments on the topic. I take his view as important & correct, that is it make sense, but I have no education on the issue.
    I am writing to add to the "drain the swamp" endeavor. The Federal government is just way to expansive, touching every aspect of society. So when there are horrible events, such as school mass shootings we go into "mass conversation" from Dep. of Ed. to FBI, to Congress & President. In fact if we don't see the President hold a meeting he's accused of being incompetent or simply not caring. In these cases the parents in the affected school should be able to go to the school administrator and school board and implement corrective measures. NOPE! There's got to be a national consensus. Reminds me of old story - way before smart phones and GPS. A guy comes into a unfamiliar town on the train. He has the address of where he wants to go but doesn't know how to get there. Seeing a cop he goes to ask directions. He says to the cop, "I need to get to Maple Street and 10th Avenue". The cop looks around him and says, "hey buddy, who's stopping you". Who is stopping us? Often some government entity serving some special interest.
    Obamacare is a recent example of the swamp. Who were the big lobbying interests? And then when Obamacare Repeal was in sight the swamp creatures muddy the waters with "Replace". Well, that doomed Repeal. If enough infighting and confusion can be added to the issue we can stop what we don't want. Mr Gingrich has used the term "benchmark of opportunity". Obamacare "Replace" was just that, a benchmark of opportunity. We simply must take away the bait. Take away Obamacare bait for Big Pharma, AMA, campaign fund raisers and others.
    Respectfully,
    Paul Hyland
    Woodbury, MN

• jay stewart

05/24/2018 09:59 AM

Yep! One of the SOP's of the liberal left is: You tell a lie long enough and you start believing it yourself! Liberalism is truly a mental disease proven almost daily-- Unknown

• Teri Zumbusch

05/24/2018 09:34 AM

Want you to know how grateful I am for you and that you're out there telling it like it is. I'm also really proud of that little girl who wanted to know where they were, Boy is that girl have a back bone. My prayer is that the president will listen not say a word give this investigation no more of his time and focus on the things that he really needs to take care of and I'm glad that Rudy is there and a pray Rudy is listening which I'm sure he is. Their plan a 3-D chess game And they must win. Thanks Mike!

May 24, 2018

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Randolph L. Groninger

05/24/2018 12:07 PM

• Henry Sherwood

05/24/2018 12:05 PM

Henry Sherwood

• Randy Butler

05/24/2018 12:03 PM

• Jerry/Ruth Eskew

05/24/2018 11:59 AM

• James greene

05/24/2018 11:53 AM

Vote & pray??

• Thomas Palmer

05/24/2018 11:48 AM

Thanks for all of your good work.

• Katherine harris

• MICHAEL D LONG

05/24/2018 11:33 AM

• Roberta Morin

05/24/2018 11:33 AM

• mark spowage

05/24/2018 11:31 AM

Great to see your daughter take on the deep state for TRUMP !

• William Hamilton