Evening Edition - August 23

5 minute read

August 23, 2019

My website has a loose affiliation with Western Journal, and yesterday, the New York Times (Unofficial Motto: “Lying for the Left Since 1932” - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-new-york-times-keeps-whitewashing-communisms-crimes/2017/11/10/129f28e0-c5c3-11e7-84bc-5e285c7f4512_story.html ) ran a hit piece on WJ that was remarkably one-sided, inaccurate and misleading, even by current Times “fake news” standards.  At the link is a detailed rebuttal to the Times smear by WJ managing editor George Upper.

(For the record, note that this is the same icon of journalistic integrity and objectivity that this week published an op-ed accusing President Trump of anti-Semitism and the very next day was scrambling to do damage control from the revelation of years of anti-Semitic and racist Twitter tweets by its own politics editor:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/22/exclusive-crappy-jew-year-new-york-times-editors-antisemitism-racism-exposed/   And remember, as Charles Glasser noted at Instapundit, all those sanctimonious liberal editors and writers at the Times, the ones who now slander all of American history as racist, worked with this guy for years and never said a thing about this.)

I’d also add that while the Times falsely accuses WJ of selectively choosing only facts that support a misleading narrative (was the Times writer gazing in the mirror as he wrote that?), that’s not only not true of WJ, it’s certainly not true of this site.  We may link to certain preferred conservative sites for more information, but rest assured, those are not the only sources we read.

I have some trusted writer/researchers who’ve worked with me and on other services for years. While I make no bones about presenting my personal opinions, not straight news, they insure that my opinions are based on a full understanding of the issues by checking out a variety of sources across the political spectrum.  We have a few ironclad rules, such as: never accept any partisan claim on face value without hunting up the other side’s response or any mitigating circumstances…and never use a quote that is what someone said someone else said (this is what the left’s entire “Trump is a racist” narrative is based on.)  All quotes must be tracked down to the original source and read in full and in context before we cite them.

I don’t mind having a lot of people on Twitter shout names at me from their moms’ basements, but I won’t have anyone accusing me of playing fast and loose with the facts.  In that regard, my little newsletter has higher journalistic standards than the New York Times.  In fact, when someone takes issue with what I write by calling me a nasty name instead of citing any facts I got wrong, I simply consider it an admission that they’ve got nothin’ else.

------------------------------------

It’s become obvious in recent years that because the left is unable to win an argument by citing facts, history or positive results of their own agenda, they've resorted to redefining and banning words used to argue with them and silencing anyone who would disagree by branding them with an ever-expanding array of epithets (bigot, sexist, racist, homophobe, transphobe, xenophobe, Islamaphobe, and the latest, “white supremacist,” which apparently applies even to minorities if they’re conservative.)

But they’ve taken this tactic so far, and it’s become so transparent (I’m sorry, is it transphobic now to use the word “transparent?”) that not only Republicans but the general public are starting to rebel against the leftist thought and speech police.

For example, as Adam Mill notes in this piece at American Greatness, minorities who are enjoying low unemployment and rising pay for the first time in years aren’t buying the left’s “Trump is a racist” mantra.  A recent Zogby poll found that Trump has record support among African-Americans and 49% approval among Hispanics.  As for all the PC language-policing, Reason magazine reported that 80% of Americans overall think political correctness is harmful to America.  That includes 75% of African-Americans, 82% of Asians, 87% of Hispanics and 88% of Native Americans.

The frustration with all this “YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THAT!” bullying is reaching critical mass, so much that even some stand-up comics are starting to rebel against it, some Hollywood liberals are saying it’s gone too far, and in Louisiana, a Republican candidate for Governor sparked some hair-on-fire reactions with a commercial in which he tells the truth, bluntly and without apology.  State Rep. Ralph Abraham, who is also a doctor, says this in the ad:

“Here’s the truth. Life begins at conception. Government is too big. Our taxes are too high and our car insurance is too expensive. President Trump is doing a great job. Facts matter more than feelings. The Second Amendment is self-explanatory. And as a doctor, I can assure you, there are only two genders.”

That last part about gender is what’s getting the most “OUTRAGE!” but as a doctor, he’s basing his statement on the outmoded concept of biological reality and not the left’s new definition of “gender” as being whatever you think you are – which is a matter for psychologists to catalogue, not biologists. (Boy, is Facebook ever going to censor this post!)

His critics can wail like car alarms all they want, but I have a feeling Abraham’s target audience isn’t going to think he’s the one who’s out of touch with reality, and a lot of people outside that audience will secretly agree with him even if they're afraid to say so.

But how much longer will people remain afraid to stand up and call out this patent nonsense, when it’s becoming so laughably stupid?  Submitted for your disapproval:

In San Francisco, which apparently has no real problems to deal with (ahem – homelessness, crime, unaffordable housing, garbage, needles, human feces, etc.), the Board of Supervisors is terribly concerned about felons being stigmatized by calling them “felons.” So the Board did what all good liberals do: they voted to change the language to protect people's feelings.  They approved a nonbinding resolution ordering that “convicted felons” now be called “justice-involved” persons.  Felons who’ve been released from jail are now “formerly incarcerated persons.”  Parolees are now “persons under supervision,” while juvenile delinquents are “young persons impacted by the justice system.”

Might I suggest that the Board of Supervisors be renamed “Persons who are currently off their medication”?

This stuff should no longer be greeted with fearful silence. It should receive the hail of ridicule and derision that it richly deserves.  Americans are fed up with being told to keep their mouths shut while these self-important emperors strut around naked, insisting that they’re not only magnificently dressed, but they have some completely unique kind of genitals.

As usual, it was Mark Steyn who had the best line about what I hope is the final linguistic straw from San Francisco.  Steyn told Tucker Carlson on Fox News, “According to Democrats, you can no longer call a serial rapist a 'serial rapist.'  You can only call a Republican Supreme Court nominee a serial rapist.”

• Flora Lee Rauch

08/23/2019 09:25 PM

Thanks for writing ...Godblesss your wonderful humor!

• Joseph

08/23/2019 09:22 PM

I hope and pray that all citizens of this Great Nation realize what the left is doing to the Country and remember on election day.
    God Bless you Mike for what you do.

• Charlotte Brees

08/23/2019 09:19 PM

Amen. Call it as it really is. We've been muffeled too long. That doctor is a brave man. I am old & tired, with many ailments. However, it does my ancient heart good to hear an educated person say the truth. Besides, God doesn't make gender mistakes.

• william fuhrer

08/23/2019 09:09 PM

Politically Correct....Last I heard President Trump is leader of the FREE WORLD and should be in CHARGE of POLITICALLY CORRECT and the LOONEY TOONERS should be OUT OF BUSINESS

• Arlene Hurley

08/23/2019 09:09 PM

I am banned from commenting on your articles

• Thomas Houser

08/23/2019 09:07 PM

Amen to all of the above. Tennessee is fed up up with coastal lunacy. You can quote me on that. I am a white (not that it matters) Christian Conservative. You may refer to me as he, him or that guy. I like meat, guns and President Donald Trump. I find Mike Huckabee to be a refreshing voice in a world of completely off the deep end liberal voices. I am proud of my country and my flag. Of course I like country music. Keep up the good work Mike. God bless y'all.

• Jackie S Wolf

08/23/2019 08:39 PM

So very true everything you have said. With a little humor added for effect. Keep it up Mike Huckabee

• Lawrence E. Foster

08/23/2019 08:37 PM

Bubba Gump's Momma was right! Stupid is as stupid does! and boy, does San Francisco - and California -government do stupid. Just curious, what is the politically correct term for a stupid left-wing jackass? Perhaps City Councilman fits.

• Emily Yeatts

08/23/2019 08:27 PM

Why has Clinton’s name or mention there of been eliminated from media regarding Jeffrey Epstein and also the ridiculous painting? Oh by the way congrats to your daughter

• stephen russell

08/23/2019 08:21 PM

SF alas needs a MS 13 crime wave to wake up these dumb issues & focus on Real needs.
    The Be Kind to the Felon began in the movie Dirty Harry 1971.
    No more.
    See movie Death Wish 1-5

Evening Edition - August 23

5 minute read

August 23, 2019

------------------------------------

• Flora Lee Rauch

08/23/2019 09:25 PM

Thanks for writing ...Godblesss your wonderful humor!

• Joseph

08/23/2019 09:22 PM

God Bless you Mike for what you do.

• Charlotte Brees

• Lawrence E. Foster

08/23/2019 08:37 PM

• Emily Yeatts

08/23/2019 08:27 PM

• stephen russell

08/23/2019 08:21 PM

The Be Kind to the Felon began in the movie Dirty Harry 1971.
    No more.
    See movie Death Wish 1-5

Evening Edition - August 23

5 minute read

August 23, 2019

------------------------------------

• Flora Lee Rauch

08/23/2019 09:25 PM

Thanks for writing ...Godblesss your wonderful humor!

• Joseph

08/23/2019 09:22 PM

God Bless you Mike for what you do.

• Charlotte Brees

• Lawrence E. Foster

08/23/2019 08:37 PM

• Emily Yeatts

08/23/2019 08:27 PM

• stephen russell

08/23/2019 08:21 PM

The Be Kind to the Felon began in the movie Dirty Harry 1971.
    No more.