Today's Newsletter January 12 Edition

January 12, 2020 |

It’s been really tough coming up with material for tonight’s monologue.  It’s been such a slow news week, right?  Well a few things did happen…

Comedian Ricky Gervais emceed the Golden Globe Awards last Sunday night but did it with a flame-thrower instead of a microphone.  He roasted Hollywood elites right to their heavily made-up faces in a searing monologue that exposed their hypocrisy for riding around in limos and private jets and lecturing the rest of us about so much as driving a mommy van to carpool the kids.  He reminded them that most of them had been in school less than the angry European teenager Greta Thunberg, and then actually told them that they really didn’t know much of anything—they were actors, not experts on anything and if they won, they shouldn’t give a political speech, but just get up, accept their award, and shut up.  Hollywood hated it; America loved it.

Then, following a vicious attack on one of our military bases resulting in the death of one American and injuries to 4 others, there was an assault on the American Embassy in Baghdad.  A few days later, President Trump ordered a strike on the car driving Iranian mass-murderer Qasem Soleimani from the Baghdad airport.  It was obvious and intelligence confirmed that Soleimani wasn’t headed to the drive-through of Sonic Drive-In.  He was headed to create more mayhem and likely target more Americans to kill.  He had personally been responsible for the direct deaths of over 700 Americans, and thousands of American servicemen and women coming home without arms or legs or eyes because of the IEDs that he provided.  He was ordered by the UN back in 2011 to not even leave Iran.  And there, he was responsible for the murders of thousands of Iranian citizens who didn’t bow to the bloodthirsty iron rule of the Ayatollah.

Shockingly, every Democrat in Washington except for former Senator Joe Lieberman immediately condemned—not the Iranian terrorist, but President Trump.  You can’t make this up!  When President Obama ordered the strike to kill Osama Bin Laden, I can’t remember one Republican who took Bin Laden’s side.  I certainly didn’t.  I was on TV, as was every Republican I know to praise the President for taking the action to put an end to the monster who orchestrated the 9-11 attack on America.

And the former football player who made a fortune playing a game who turned into an anti-American, flag-hating whiner, Colin Kaepernick took Iran’s side.  Someone wondered when Nike will come out with a shoe to honor Soleimani.  I say that “Colon” Kaepernick is full of the same stuff my colon is full of!

Remember when Nancy Pelosi said the impeachment of President Trump was so urgent that the House couldn’t wait one more day because the country was at risk?  Yeah, that was over 3 weeks ago.  It hasn’t been too urgent since.  But I think it’s unfair to accuse Nancy Pelosi of looking foolish and dishonest for saying it was "URGENT!" to impeach President Trump

and then sit on articles like a hen sits on an egg. She isn't holding the articles-she just forgot where she put them.

And in another big story, Prince Harry and Princess Meghan have said they don’t want to be royal anymore.  They just want to be commoners.  I’m thinking about starting a Go-Fund Me page for them so they can set up house-keeping in some small apartment like most couples do and get jobs where they have to show up and work everyday.  And if you’re from the South, you might want to help me put together an old-fashioned “pounding” to get their kitchen stocked with some sugar, salt, lard, flour, and corn meal.

Other than that, just hasn’t been much going on.  Maybe next week, we’ll have some big topics to talk about!

-------------------------------

Reader Comment Of The Day

From Lana:

Isn't telling the Democrats that if they don't vote for impeachment they won't be given funds from the DNC, quid pro quo?

From the Gov:

Spectacular point!  Read it and weep, Madam Speaker.

----------------------------

From Raymond:

Perfect!
Imprison that perjurous palooka Pelosi.

From the Gov:

Prediction:  Pelosi's punishment probably political.

-----------------------

From Mary:

This is about Matt Gaetz’s comment about having a woman hold on to him as tightly as Nancy Pelosi is holding on to the articles of impeachment:  I have some Facebook friends who would happily volunteer for the job. I’m in California and much older than him but I would like to be his friend too. Not in a relationship way but everyone needs a friend!

From the Gov:

Hope Matt is reading this.  I also should add that numerous readers wrote to agree that Nancy Pelosi's threat to withhold DCCC funding from members of Congress unless they vote the right way is exactly the same thing the President is accused of --- textbook quid pro quo.

-------------------------

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

Officials at Glacier National Park in Montana are scrambling to remove signs put up in 2009 that read “GOODBYE TO THE GLACIERS,” and claim that due to global warming, the glaciers will be completely gone by 2020.  Well, it’s 2020, and the glaciers are still here, rendering those signs hilariously embarrassing.

They should’ve expected this.  As one commentator pointed out, so-called “experts” have been predicting the disappearance of the glaciers for over 70 years. In 1923, they said the glaciers would be gone by 1948.  In 1952, they’d be gone by 2002.  In 2009, they’d be gone by 2020. Officials are trying to scrape up money to replace those signs with more “nuanced” (i.e., vague) signs just saying that everyone agrees the glaciers are melting (except they don’t: some appear to have grown since 2009.)

I would suggest they just get one of those marquee signs that lets you change out the letters, so they can update it after each new failed apocalyptic deadline prediction.  Better yet, just leave up the signs saying the glaciers will all be gone by 2020 as a national monument to incompetence and hysteria.

-------------------------------

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, recently seen trying to convince us she’s a regular American by drinking a beer on social media, decided to up the ante on the “who can run furthest to the left” competition by declaring that as President, she wouldn’t allow any new houses or buildings to be built in America after 2028 unless they’re carbon-neutral.  I guess she looked at the horrific homelessness problem in other leftist-run enclaves like San Francisco, L.A. and Seattle and said, “Hold muh beer!”

-------------------------------------

FROM WEDNESDAY:

A Note on “World War III”

By “Huckabee” writer and resident pop culture historian Pat Reeder (http://www.facebook.com/hollywoodhifibook )

(This is something I posted on my personal Facebook page, which I seldom use, but I wanted to share it with our readers, since they’re probably also seeing a lot of this on social media.)

As a lifelong student of history, particularly the era from 1910-1960, I've often tried to engage people in what I think is the fascinating subject of how Archduke Franz Ferdinand's chauffeur taking a wrong turn led to a series of events that spiraled into World War I. This has invariably been greeted with glazed looks of boredom and mockery of me for being interested in such dull historical trivia.

Now, all of a sudden, my Facebook feed is filled with huffy, specious comparisons of Archduke Ferdinand's assassination to the immolation of terrorist bigshot Gen. Suleimani, from people who never heard the Archduke's name until yesterday, when they probably saw it in a meme or political fundraising email. (If they had heard it, they probably thought he was a rock band. Maybe they think Franz Ferdinand was shot near the Fountains of Wayne by Better Than Ezra.)

I'll make all you Johnny-come-lately history experts a deal: I'll listen to your BS analogy if you can tell me (and put down your cell phones, because you're not allowed to Google it) which nation Franz Ferdinand was the Archduke of.

Tick...tick...tick. Time's up.

Yeah, that's what I thought...

------------------------------

BACK TO MIKE:

It’s Girl Scout Cookie time, and the organization is taking some heat for replacing “Savannah Smiles” with a new cookie called “Lemon Ups.”  Each cookie is stamped with a positive empowerment message (“I am a leader,” “I am gutsy,” “I am a go-getter”) that’s caused some critics to accuse them of pushing feminism.

I think that’s a bit unfair. If they were really feminist cookies, you’d open the package and find nothing inside but a note that read, “Bake your own #$&%! cookies!”

---------------------------------

The headline “Newsweek Hits a New Low” could probably run every week, but this low is worth your notice.  No, despite what a Newsweek writer claimed, Dennis Prager did not, in any way, “ridicule” Anne Frank on his radio show.  Anyone who knows anything about Prager – a pro-Israel religious scholar who founded a synagogue and a Jewish day school and served on the board of the U.S. Holocaust Museum – would immediately recoil in disbelief and disgust at the very suggestion that he would do such a thing.  Indeed, that would be the correct response.

At this link, he recounts word-for-word exactly what he said about Anne Frank.  See if there’s any way you could possibly derive “ridicule” from his words.  It would be like reading Newsweek and mistaking it for “journalism.”

• Gregory Weinman

01/13/2020 07:44 PM

I'm sorry Governor, your comparison of terrorist bin Laden with terrorist Soleimani is flawed. UBL claimed no country and none claimed him. He had no official title or rank. The general was a military commander of the IRGC and loyal aid to the Ayatollah.

• Muriel Kay Greenawalt

01/13/2020 01:27 PM

Love your articles. You are so spot on. May our Lord continue to bless you and yours. Let's get this guy named Trump elected again, O.K.?

• LeeMar Zarr

01/13/2020 11:10 AM

Putting all political BS in the trash basket where it belongs in regards to removing a known and confirmed terrorist and others from the face of the earth is the ONLY thing of importance...the alleged real or unreal reasons the President had or did not have for removing confirmed terrorist(s) are moot points! It is the responsibility of every DOD, CONGRESSIONAL and federal, state, and local law enforcement employee to "Defend, Protect, the United States Sovereignty and to Serve as required to up-hold that oath. However, that oath is only as good as the integrity of the person making it.
    I could say a lot more about our illogical/irresponsible political bias, the distorted and severely news media etc...but why waste all those words on those that do NOT care and are only interested in their own opinions at the detriment of others! America as a "UNITED NATION" should be glad that one or more true threats to not only the USA but the world is/are eradicated!

• Rick Locke

01/13/2020 11:08 AM

GLOBAL WARMING: I'll tell you who the guys were who got it right. It was the ones who predicted the melting of the first ice age. Of course, the guys who predicted the end of the 2nd ice age got it right also - and the 3rd ice age predictors ... 4th ... 5th.

• Jerry

01/13/2020 10:51 AM

Socialist Nanci Pelosi has stated she hates no one I find that to be a lie. I think she hates me why? reasons; She did not fix Immigration laws that allowed people to invade my country; She did nothing for a new Healthcare system my Healthcare cost went up using most of my Social Security benefits increase, she does not care about mental illness and the need to treat it, look at her district like her mindset it is in decay, she would also benefit herself if she could legislate treatment for mental illness. Although she is considered incompetent in helping this country and it citizens for the good of all she is Filled with Hate and Revenge for most of us; fill her up with some truth serum and ask her if she HATES ask her if she wants President Trump run out of office I think the answers will be the same. Add Revenge to the questions the answer also will be the same.

• Garry N Walters

01/12/2020 11:40 PM

Governor, it really surprises me that today's youth and most adults are not aware of how WWI started. One thing that I believe should be taught in public schools and in higher education history classes is that three grand children of Queen Victoria were who went to war. As you know the three cousins were Kaiser Wilhelm II, George V, and Czar Nicholas II, the Monarchs of Germany, Britain, and Russia. I am sure you know the history, but I believe everyone should be aware of what caused the Great War, which inevitably led to WWII as well.

• Regina B Wood

01/12/2020 11:28 PM

... Gov. Huckabee... I enjoyed your article... thanks

• Jerry korba

01/12/2020 11:16 PM

Bernie Sanders has been a socialist for over 30 years no surprise thats his agenda is free stuff he has lived long enough to know that the our educational system has nurtured many millions of lazy I want daddy or mommy or some one else to pay for Bernies way of life. Bernie is cashing in that he will get these people to vote him making 250 million people pay for cheap labor, healthcare for all education that will lead to more socialists if this happens a lot of us old people will have about 10 years for the total collapse to take effect not worried about me our children will be a part of the collapse if a the Socialists take control see how the House has operated they are trying to drive the US to an early grave. Do you think Bernie will give up all his assets how do think he got his to begin with taxpayers money for 40 years he will only take yours he likes our money he is very comfortable taking it. MAGA

• Carl "T" Smith

01/12/2020 10:00 PM

Advice I have rendered to my Grand and Great Grand Children; " I have personally LIVED Thru 80 "End of the World Scenarios" and still breathing. My suggestion is to Listen with BOTH ears and Watch with Both Eyes and if you hear the words "Settled Science" or " Man Made Global" quietly exit the room as your in the presence of very Ill-Informed and Mis- Educated people and not worth your time. Question Everything, Including this Old Man. BTW that I-Phone with all it's Apps is still filled with input from PEOPLE and PEOPLE are inherently very OPINIOATED and very careless with FACTS.

• Jeanne Bergeron

01/12/2020 09:39 PM

I refuse to buy girl scout cookie because they are associated with planned parenthood buy donating money to them yearly.

• Dot Whitley

01/12/2020 08:46 PM

You are so funny, and refreshing. I wish Harry and Megan could read this. They might think twice about leaving the life they could have. In my opinion he chose the wrong girl , and I feel really sorry for him.

Dot Whitley

• Nelda White

01/12/2020 07:29 PM

No, there was nothing wrong with what Prager said. I believe that the majority of people are basically good, but I do know that there are some people that are evil. and had Anne Frank lived, she might have come to the same conclusion. (might) And I believe this is probably what he meant and I don't believe he would belittle this person. He is a smart man and does see the world with reality.

• Harold Levi

01/12/2020 06:21 PM

Article III, Section 3, Paragraph 1 defines Treason. Treason "shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort." The recent actions of many Marxist-Democrats gave certainly given Aid and Comfort to the enemy, Iran. What will it take to start bring charges? A pair of balls? Witness to the event abound all over the world.

• Anita Ward

01/12/2020 05:58 PM

Dennis Prager is right. Anne Frank was a child when she wrote in her diary and saw the world through the eyes of a sweet young girl.
    We humans are not basically good. I once thought all babies were good, but when I had little ones, I soon found that they are selfish, want their own way, will bite, scratch and hit and I am referring to babies. We don’t teach them to do these hurtful things, they instinctively know how to do them, innocently, but they are born with that nature.
    As parents we MUST teach them to be good and show them by how by example in our daily lives.

• Joan Spicer

01/12/2020 05:47 PM

I so appreciate your humor and delving into the truth that’s often so difficult to sift through in today’s political arena. (Arch Duke-Austria)

• Janet Pingston

01/12/2020 05:05 PM

There were weapons of mass destruction (can fit in your hand) - to start the conflicts. Follow the money. The weapons were given to Syria - that is why it took two weeks to get access to the country at the start. Given to Russia for safe keeping - that is why these countries are buds. Then sold by Russia (needed the money ) to China for billions. This gives China leaders the sense of world power.
    (Along with the Muslim camps of million people to fight Christians ).... A theory

• Jay H Mohler

01/12/2020 04:20 PM

All congress people and senators should have both term limits and/or age limits. Senators should be limited to two terms and congressmen to three terms. They should be forced to retire from government by age 75. Then they couldn't build their personal empires as they do now.

• Clyde R. Berry

01/12/2020 04:05 PM

Mr. Trump, our President,
    I support you for what you STAND for and what you STAND against! I admire your courage and superior ability to lead and get things done. Despite despicable persecution by dem’s and the media, the three year positive results of your administration are numerous and in many cases unmatched by any other. Please use those results to the max, but let them speak for themselves. No personal aggrandizement necessary! Surprise them with humility. Those of us who pray for your success, ask that pride not lead you to a fall.
    Sincerely

• Teresa Lien

01/12/2020 03:48 PM

I’m enjoying your newsletters and commentary. Thank you.

• Jerry chandlet

01/12/2020 03:38 PM

Again. When Pelosi refuses to let president Trump give his state of the union address in the house president Trump should go ahead. And do it in the Senate. Extra chairs can be brought in and the balcony can be opened for Republican congressmen. Unfortunately there won’t be available seating for the Democratic Congressmen. Haha

• Dick Green

01/12/2020 03:36 PM

We don’t have anything to do with Girl Scouts or the cookies . They are affiliated with planned parenthood and also the homosexual people. I don’t hate the people just what they stand for. A country song says that you have to stand for something or you will stand for anything.

• Linda Meyer

01/12/2020 03:31 PM

The way the leftists treat this President is shameful. It seems if we would say the things they say we would be arrested. How do they get away with it?
    Thank you for all you do Governor!

• William Schlumpf

01/12/2020 03:27 PM

I feel for CNN and MSNBC that soleimani was dispatched to his reward of 72 paddle wielding Virginians. Without Soleimani engaging in murder and mayhem what will CNN and MSNBC do for ratings? What? No more embassies ransacked, no more indiscriminate mass murders? What about those bonuses and expensive vacations? Must be alot of tears flowing over at the networks. Poor Wolfie. Poor Chucky.

• Carolyn C Delahoussaye

01/12/2020 03:21 PM

Nancy Pelosi will have to answer to someone higher up than Obama, Soros, fellow lefties, etc. She will one day answer to Almighty God about her stance on abortion, on lying about the urgency of impeachment, for allowing illegals to come in and vote. There is still time for repentance but she is getting up in age and God's Spirit will not strive with her forever. She needs prayer. Her latest gaff was turning against the President when the horrible man was taken out before he could kill more Americans.

• Rosalie Gilliland

01/12/2020 03:16 PM

For some reason I continue to be amazed at how liberals twist themselves into pretzels to avoid truth, and pervert the good and decent into something heinous. But their bizarre obsession descended to new lows this week when they contorted Dennis Prager's words to seemingly ridicule Anne Frank, depicted the barbaric Soleimani as a folk hero, and blamed Pres Trump for a downed airliner. It takes much thought, intention, energy and limberness to mangle the truth into an indictment against everyone they consider an enemy. And for as long as the press has been advancing such a malicious agenda, they still stink at it.

Today's Newsletter January 12 Edition

January 12, 2020 |

-------------------------------

Reader Comment Of The Day

From Lana:

From the Gov:

Spectacular point!  Read it and weep, Madam Speaker.

----------------------------

From Raymond:

Perfect!
Imprison that perjurous palooka Pelosi.

From the Gov:

Prediction:  Pelosi's punishment probably political.

-----------------------

From Mary:

From the Gov:

-------------------------

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

-------------------------------

-------------------------------------

FROM WEDNESDAY:

A Note on “World War III”

Tick...tick...tick. Time's up.

Yeah, that's what I thought...

------------------------------

• Clyde R. Berry

01/12/2020 04:05 PM

Mr. Trump, our President,
    Sincerely

• Teresa Lien

01/12/2020 03:48 PM

I’m enjoying your newsletters and commentary. Thank you.

• Jerry chandlet

01/12/2020 03:38 PM

• Dick Green

01/12/2020 03:36 PM

• Linda Meyer

01/12/2020 03:31 PM

Thank you for all you do Governor!

• William Schlumpf

01/12/2020 03:27 PM

• Carolyn C Delahoussaye

01/12/2020 03:21 PM

• Rosalie Gilliland

01/12/2020 03:16 PM

Today's Newsletter January 12 Edition

January 12, 2020 |

-------------------------------

Reader Comment Of The Day

From Lana:

From the Gov:

Spectacular point!  Read it and weep, Madam Speaker.

----------------------------

From Raymond:

Perfect!
Imprison that perjurous palooka Pelosi.

From the Gov:

Prediction:  Pelosi's punishment probably political.

-----------------------

From Mary:

From the Gov:

-------------------------

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

-------------------------------

-------------------------------------

FROM WEDNESDAY:

A Note on “World War III”

Tick...tick...tick. Time's up.

Yeah, that's what I thought...

------------------------------

• Clyde R. Berry

01/12/2020 04:05 PM

Mr. Trump, our President,
    Sincerely

• Teresa Lien

01/12/2020 03:48 PM

I’m enjoying your newsletters and commentary. Thank you.

• Jerry chandlet

01/12/2020 03:38 PM

• Dick Green

01/12/2020 03:36 PM

• Linda Meyer

01/12/2020 03:31 PM

Thank you for all you do Governor!

• William Schlumpf