Evening Edition - September 27

September 27, 2018 |

Kavanaugh

I won’t comment in detail on the Kavanaugh hearings today because as of this writing, they’re still going on.  Just to make a few early observations:

Both Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh presented emotional testimony that their supporters will find believable.  But only Kavanaugh presented any actual evidence. Dr. Ford’s testimony was moving, and it made it easier to believe that something happened to her that affected her deeply and that she may be sincere.  But her testimony actually raised more questions than it answered.

For instance, she claimed that she was too afraid to fly to come to DC, but her testimony revealed that she flies often.  She claimed she didn't know that the Committee offered to send someone to her, but everyone knew that (I wrote about it here.) She dismissed her female friend’s sworn denial that she was present at this alleged attack by saying she has “health problems,” whatever that means.  Even if she did panic and flee without warning her girlfriend of the danger, that doesn’t explain why her friend wouldn’t remember now or notice then that her girlfriend suddenly disappeared from a party with only five attendees when she was seven miles from home and couldn’t drive, or why she didn’t call Ford’s parents to make sure she was okay.  Only the decision to handle her with kid gloves prevented questioners from drilling down on these logical inconsistencies.

Kavanaugh, on the other hand, was also emotional, something some liberal commenters tried to turn against him as showing he didn’t have the “temperament” to be on the Supreme Court.  If he is falsely accused, as he says, then it takes some major gall to use the fact that he’s upset that you have tried to destroy his life, reputation and career as your new reason to oppose him.  But Kavanaugh also offered something Dr. Ford didn’t: not only sworn denials from the witnesses his accuser cited, but a hand-written 1982 calendar/diary showing that he was at other places on every date that this could have happened. I understand why he choked up thinking about his father starting that tradition, but he must also be incredibly grateful that it was passed down to him. I bet it’s something the Committee Democrats never imagined he would be able to produce.

Kavanaugh’s worst moment was probably when he struggled to answer Dick Durbin’s pressing him to demand an FBI investigation of himself.  It was a disingenuous attack, but effective.  Kavanaugh (who has already been through six high-level FBI background checks) tried to explain why, with no evidence or details of the allegation, all the FBI could do is interview the same witnesses who were sitting there testifying now. Plus, as Sen. Mike Crapo of Idaho later noted, the Committee already conducted an investigation to interview all the people the FBI would, and Democrats refused to participate.  Kavanaugh's response might have come across to some viewers as too lawyerly or evasive, but it was accurate.  And he probably didn’t want to say what he knew to be true: Democrats aren’t pushing for an FBI investigation to learn anything.  They want it as a political delaying tactic to get past the midterm elections.  If you don’t believe me, here’s a Democrat explaining the uselessness of an FBI investigation in these situations:

Graham will be remembered

Two moments that will definitely be remembered:  the normally congenial Lindsay Graham finally losing his cool at the Democrats’ sleazy character assassination tactics (one all-time Senate low point being grilling Kavanaugh about a flatulence joke from his high school yearbook) and letting them have it with both barrels:

The other was a much welcome example of grace and decency in the midst of the slimiest episode I can remember seeing in Washington possibly ever: when Kavanaugh said he bore no ill toward Dr. Ford and her family and was incredibly proud of his daughter Liza for suggesting that they pray for her.  He said, “That’s a lot of wisdom for a 10-year-old.”

It’s certainly a lot more wisdom than I’ve seen on display in the Senate recently.

Unbelievable

Add Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) to the “step down for violating your oath of office to protect the Constitution” list.

President Trump's press conference

Believe it or not, there were other things in the news yesterday besides wild, out-of-left-field sexual accusations against Brett Kavanaugh.  For instance, President Trump held a remarkable press conference in which, for 83 minutes, he took questions, poked fun at the media, and shot from the hip with blunt, no-holds-barred responses on everything from China to Canada to Syria to, yes, the allegations against Kavanaugh.

Naturally, the media went into full TDS meltdown mode afterward, hand-wringing that Trump’s comments were “outrageous,” “narcissistic” and “unhinged.”  They forgot to include “honest,” “refreshing” and “wildly entertaining.”  Also pretty darn remarkable for a man who allegedly is suffering dementia and can barely string two sentences together in meetings, according to at least one recent “insider” tell-all book.

Incidentally, look out for the cameo by CNN’s Jim Acosta attempting to play a journalist and lecture the President of the United States on how to conduct a press conference.  Polish up that Razzie Award for Worst Performance of 2018!  Here’s a direct link if you’re in a hurry.

Time to step aside folks

As I’ve watched the attacks on Judge Brett Kavanaugh move from their initial Salem Witch Trial interrogation phase into the full blown mass hysteria of a growing chorus of accusers screaming, “I saw goody Kavanaugh with the Devil!" (and Democrats insisting that the sheer numbers of people screaming hysterically make the story more likely to be true), one thing has become crystal clear:

It is time for someone to step aside from high office in DC.  And I’m not talking about Kavanaugh.  I am calling upon the following people to immediately “step aside” from their positions in the United States Senate:

Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), who declared that a “sworn allegation” was solid enough evidence to force Kavanaugh to withdraw; Chris Coons (D-DE), who said that Kavanaugh “bears the burden of disproving these allegations;” Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI), who managed to come out against both due process and free speech rights at once by saying that all men should just “shut up” when a woman makes a sexual assault allegation; Jeff Merkley (D-OR) and the list may yet grow longer.

Note that I’m being incredibly lenient by not including Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA), Kamala Harris (D-CA) or Cory Booker (D-NJ), despite their outrageous, reprehensible and self-serving behavior during this period, only because, to my knowledge, they have not yet explicitly called for overthrowing due process rights and declaring Kavanaugh guilty on allegations alone unless he proves himself innocent.

Also please note: I am not calling on these Senators to resign for partisan reasons (I’d say the same to any Republican who similarly treated the Bill of Rights like a roll of Charmin); nor because I think that they are acting as vicious, unfair partisans without regard for the terrible damage they are doing to the social fabric of America, although that’s all true.  I’m calling upon them to resign because they have all publicly, blatantly and willfully violated their oaths of office.

This is the oath that all Americans take upon assuming the high responsibility of being a US Senator:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”

Each and every one of the people I named above has now come out publicly against the sacred rights of due process, enumerated in the Bill of Rights (part of the Constitution.)  Although the presumption of innocence isn’t explicitly spelled out in the Constitution, it dates back to ancient Rome; it’s a bedrock of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; it’s generally held to be an implied right by the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments; and it was established as precedent in the case of “Coffin v. US” (1895.)

It is up to Judge Kavanaugh to decide whether dealing with this tsunami of slander is worth it or to step aside from consideration for the position of Supreme Court Justice.  But there is absolutely no question that the people I named above have violated their oath of office by misusing the power, publicity and prestige that comes with it to advocate for the shredding of basic civil rights enshrined in the very Constitution that they swore to “support and defend” as a condition of taking office.  Through their words and deeds, they have proven themselves unworthy to hold that office.

Therefore, I call upon them all to resign from the United States Senate.  Right now, before they do any more damage.

Or in their own parlance:  Do the right thing and step aside.

HHS cancels contract

This story happened Monday and got buried, but it’s too important to be overlooked: the Department of Health and Human Services has canceled a contract with Advanced Biomedical Resources to provide fetal body tissues for medical experiments.  In a statement, the HHS said, “HHS was not sufficiently assured that the contract included the appropriate protections applicable to fetal tissue research or met all other procurement requirements. As a result, that contract has been terminated.”

As a reminder, this is the company that was implicated in the undercover expose videos of Planned Parenthood workers allegedly discussing how much money they charged for selling various body parts of aborted children.  PP denied the allegation and tried to suppress the videos, but apparently, the HHS wasn’t convinced.

There’s much more detail at the link, along with a comment from the group behind the PP undercover videos noting that this is just a “small first step” in ending the trafficking of body parts of aborted children for taxpayer-funded medical experiments.  True, but a small first step is more than the victims of Planned Parenthood’s abortion mills ever get to take.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Darlene Estlow

09/28/2018 09:29 AM

I appreciate your commentaries so much. I am so saddened by this witch hunt. And I think that even if the accusers recanted true charges, those demanding his head would still say he was guilty! This is a travesty for our country. We do need to pray for repentance and grace for our country!

• Darlene Estlow

09/28/2018 09:27 AM

• Rechele Fields

09/28/2018 09:17 AM

Really appreciate your attention to all the goings on in the proceedings against Judge Kavenaugh yesterday.

I 100 percent agree that those you named should step down. The constitution has to be held sacred if we as a democracy are going to survive.

It was such a shame and so blatantly evident that this was a which hunt. The outrageous ploys of the left were shameful. Their hate of Trump is growing like a fatal cancer.

My heart was broken watching the proceedings. We need revival. Our character as a nation continues to hit new lows. Tragic.

I was so proud of Lindsay Grahm's courage yesterday.

I seem to remember a quote by Abraham Lincoln that went something to the effect, "You can't have the right to do what is wrong."

• Kevin Pandil

09/28/2018 09:15 AM

I think it is time to have elected officials take a month long class on the Constitution of the United States of America. Then they would have to sign a contract! Stating they know and understand the Constitution and the penalty for breaking these laws!
    Looks like the oath of office isn't working any more, because the democrats don't believe in God.

A signed contract, would be legal in court.

P.S. Why isn't john kerry in jail? Who told him to go there, why are they not in Jail?

• Dolores

09/28/2018 09:09 AM

I had sympathy for Dr. Ford but I wept for Judge Kavanaugh and his family. Congratulation to Senator Graham for his righteous wrath and his courage to voice it. The ancient prophets tell us ...as gold is tried in the fire, so God proved him. When Judge Kavenaugh takes his seat on the Court, he will know what his sacred charge is. He must free the captives. The unborn, the unjustly imprisoned , and the humble people of this country who live in fear and dread of their legal system. What could be more terrible than to fall into the hands of the Living God? Perhaps being eaten alive by America’s justice system.

• William Schlumpf

09/28/2018 09:05 AM

Using that calendar as a comprehensive diary and keeping it is another clear example of God's Sovereign Hand. For He alone knew this pitiful day would come. On the other side we had the manifestation of pure evil. Obvious discrepancies in her story were ignored.
    Why would she go upstairs to the bathroom? Why could she hear "Kavanaugh " and "Judge " going down the stairs while she was locked in the bathroom while music played if she couldn't hear them as they followed her up the stairs? How did "Kavanaugh " turn up the volume of the music and then down again if they were all in the upstairs bedroom? How could she possibly "forget" how she got home. There are too many more to mention but i have no doubt that someday one of her friends will speak up and the truth will come out. I suspect she took a number of real events and weaved them together attributing them to Kavanaugh and Judge. The story is clearly fake and it and the actions of its protagonists are unquestionably demonic. But I know how this all ends as I have read the Book and I'm afraid it is going to get worse, alot worse. Like Kavanaugh's daughter said we must pray for Ford as well as others who are blinded by and facilitate evil.

• Margo Angell

09/28/2018 08:53 AM

Thank you for the good news about the decision of the Health and Human Services Dept. canceling an atrocious contract. We never see anything positive about our President's cabinet except through wonderful men like you and Fox Business Channel. Trump has put together the best of the best in his executive branch leadership roles and it shows through the murkiness of today's fake news campaign.
    Always a fan of yours AND your terrific Daughter

• Tammy Maples

09/28/2018 08:40 AM

Excellent commentary on the most difficult week! Conservatives must ALL get out and VOTE - it is our only hope. Thank you, Mike, for your good work!

• Vickie Fiorentino

09/28/2018 08:22 AM

All these senators need to be investigated and let's see what is in their closet. They are trying to sway some Rebpulicans to vote against him so at the risk of losing the vote, he continues..Hang tight Judge, as WE THE PEOPLE ARE WITH YOU!

• Mrs. Claudine Hale

09/28/2018 08:07 AM

Good morning Mr. Huckabee, I thank you for always telling the truth plainly(easily understood by anyone), and truthfully! It is very refreshing to be able to read your site news and know truth! I agree with you, we are innocent UNTIL proven guilty...our Constitution gives us this right. I also agree with you that these particular senators should definitely resign (in my opinion they are have NOT kept their pledge) , along with several more senators! This was a blatant attack on an American citizen who had done nothing wrong.....we must protect our nation from this type of aggressive wickedness! Let's call it what it was----a violation of an American citizens rights! Wake up America! Stand up for our Constitutional rights before they are "whittled away"! Sincerely, Mrs. C. Hale, Thomasville, Ga.

• Christy Pham

09/28/2018 08:00 AM

Thank you for all you do for our country. You write what I think so often. I want to address on your recent article about the senators that you are calling for their resignations. I feel they should be held accountable for the disruption and chaos they have created in our government. Why aren't they being investigated by the FBI for creating this mess? Who knew what when? How the information from Dr. Ford was released ? My questions are simple I'm sure you have many more you could add but who can hold them accountable? We can impeach the president, can we hold senators to the same standard if they violate the law? ( constitution) They withheld vital information in hopes to purposefully harm this man's reputation. Who will hold those senator's responsible? It seems to me that Republicans time and time allow these left wing Democrats bully them and sit to the side. I'm not saying eye for an eye ,but common on we need to have senators like Senator Graham who will speak up and speak truth. We need our fellow Republicans to take action and rise up and unite. If we as a society are to prove our innocence now and we are proven guilty my goodness this is the saddest day here in America, the land that I love with all my heart. Thank you for your time and consideration to my questions.
    Christy Pham

• Rene' Buck

09/28/2018 07:57 AM

As a mother of a 21 year daughter (my only child), I've been asking through this entire process..."Where was Dr. Ford's mother when this incident took place?" Don't get me wrong, I do think something happened to her at 15, but we're just not clear what it was. Did a 15 year old girl get in over her head? Was she trying to fit it? Who knows! I digress...because if this incident has haunted her for 36 years did her mother not ever notice something was wrong when she came home or for days and weeks after? As my daughter was growing up, I would know the minute she walked in the door that something was wrong with her. I'd question, she'd either answer or not, but I wouldn't let it go if I saw she was still upset days later. You're telling me this 15 year old girl who was so traumatized (to this day) kept this from her mother (parents)? It's one thing for this to happen at college where you're not around your parents but another thing entirely when you're still living with them. I guess that's been my big question through this entire proceeding. I've prayed for both of them as neither of them deserved to go through this.

• G. Jerry Merges

09/28/2018 07:56 AM

Some of the most striking remarks from the Senators was their proudly boasting of the excessive number of years they have been in the Senate. When I hear 37 or 44 years, it is way past time for term limits.
    Fairness? Decency? missing in action from the swamp creatures.
    Lindsey Graham finally let it rip- about time!

• Mrs. Sheila J Mayhew

09/28/2018 07:54 AM

I love all that you said. I watched Hannity last night and then my local news this morning. I was shocked to see that my local news totally twisted the story regarding Judge Kavanaugh. They made him look like he was such an angry man and showed Dr. Ford as this really sweet kind gentle woman. What they did not show was all the questions that she answered that she did not know dates, etc about this alleged incident. In addition, what ever happened to the statute of limitations. Having been molested myself as a child for 3 years, I have had to determine to get over it and move forward. I cannot allow what happened to me by someone who was definitely mentally ill to determine who I am in life. This entire issue with Judge Kavanaugh is a total disgrace to our country. I challenge any American in their right mind to really look at what the Democrats are doing. Sad day in our country yesterday...

• Amelia Little

09/28/2018 05:37 AM

Thank you for your newsletter.

I would hope that, if the above named don't step down--and I don't see them doing so, they think they are in the right--that opponents in the next time they are up for election will point out to the constituents that they have broken their oath of office, and that the people will vote them out.

I think anytime there is another debacle like this--and there will with the current democrat leadership--the video of joe biden explaining why the FBI does not have a role in cases like this should be played TO congress in their sessions, every day if need be. I don't know what is on the walls of chambers, but perhaps the oath of office which would be staring them in their faces should be part of the decor.

• Jeffrey Hill

09/28/2018 05:11 AM

I agree with all of your comments in this article. I wish we had more people like you in Congress.

• Rita Neselroad

09/28/2018 05:09 AM

GOD Bless Brett Kavanaugh and his family !!! I am so sick of the liberals treating him and any conservative the way the do. I do not believe Dr. Ford..........

• Richard Lingenfelter

09/28/2018 04:53 AM

Dr Ford was never asked if at the time of attack in total fear if she ever scratch, clawed, or did anything?
    What PTSD drug is she taking in lieu of the Polygraph exam. That is critical and voids any examination. She had just buried her Grandmother plus the stress of this you know she was prescribed something. Very important question. No wonder she showed no deception, anti depressant drug.
    How many other parties did she attend and drink at in high school and college.
    She was never asked any very important questions. Why?
    Thank you very much.

• Art serpa

09/28/2018 02:32 AM

Governor, like your wonderful daughter you have the ability to state the facts, truthfully with substance. I use to be an independent no longer. I will never again vote for any democrat. God Bless You.

• tom sullivan

09/28/2018 01:55 AM

As I mentioned in the FB message I sent you Republicans should understand that the attack on Judge Kavenaugh is nothing less than a full on assault on this Republic to make it a socialist state. The Democrats will be rewarded by power all sponsored by one George Sorus. Sorus a most reprehensible evil man will stop at nothing by funding any and all leftist organizations that want to destroy this nation. This is serious and people like yourself that enjoy a podium from which to heard have the responsibility to use that podium to call out this assault. Mark my words if silence reins you will not recognize this country in just a few years. Who paid for the polygraph in Maryland look no further than the Democrats and Sorus.

• Victoria Hardesty

09/28/2018 12:09 AM

The entire Kavanaugh/Ford debacle sickens me. And the entire affair did nothing for the American People except expose the relentlessness of the liberal agenda to search out and destroy the Good in America at our expense! Even after every single person allegedly at the "party" where Ms. Ford was attacked refuted her testimony, we still endured a Senate inquiry session where she was proven a liar because of her "no flying because I'm afraid of enclosed spaces" argument for the delay in this session, while we see with our own eyes a Democratic employee handing a stuffed envelope to one of Ford's attornies while checking the room to be sure she wasn't seen doing it. What the hell is going on? Is our Republic on its way to doom and destruction like the Roman Empire because of power hungry politicians bent on self-serving policies at the expense of We The People? Thank God for President Donald Trump. His love of America gives me hope that we can heal from this.

• Roger Abraham

09/28/2018 12:00 AM

Hooray for Lindsey Graham - he was great! It is time to bring Kavanaugh's confirmation to a vote! Clearly his testimony was from the heart, and his rebuke of the democrats was right on the mark! I felt proud of him the same way I feel for President Trump when he got elected and each time since when he brings home one of his promises! God bless him and his family! Trump could not have picked anyone more deserving!
    Dr Ford's testimony was sincere as well, but she lacked any details, and the only thing she was sure of was that Kavanaugh was 100% the culprit! Clearly she was conflicted, and seemed ready to lose it at any moment, but I just didn't feel that her emotions were necessarily because of Kavanaugh; perhaps she was railroaded into doing something she really didn't feel good about doing, or wasn't sure about, and just got backed into a corner.
    One last comment - I heard on the news a couple days ago that Kavanaugh presided over a proceeding that took her parents house, yet nothing about that ever surfaced!! I don't know if that was ever a serious consideration, or perhaps questions on the subject were never mentioned because they were considered improper. Perhaps so.

• Julie Montague

09/27/2018 11:51 PM

I didn't watch the hearings. I didn't have the stomach for it. I'm praying for Mr Kavanaugh and his poor family to have had to go through this. It's unconscionable. I did see Mr. Graham's response and it almost made me cry. Oh, that more would stand up and state in such passion the wrongs and ills that people on the left inflict upon us and our country. Amen, Mr. Graham! Preach it!

• Karen McKee

09/27/2018 11:38 PM

I was concerned about Dr. Ford UNTIL I heard her attempts to answer several of the questions. Yes, she may have been somewhat "emotional," however, I found her disingenuous. She was more emotional with the repeated Dem accolades toward her than she was reading her opening statement or answering hard questions. Am I the ONLY one that noticed that?
    THEN, enter Judge Kavanaugh. He broke my heart & I wept along with him. While he may have been angry, I saw a man who'd been torn to shreds & there was no more holding back how broken hearted he is. I was shocked he held it together as well as he did. Regardless of what happens, this man can NEVER teach again. He likely will NEVER be able to coach basketball again. Two of this mans passions have been ripped from his life; not to mention his security, reputation & good name. As Sen. Flake said; "There will always be a shroud of doubt."
    The senate is going to make the wrong decision no matter which way they vote. The right will likely & dangerously throw up their hands if Kavanaugh is not confirmed. If the GOP don't vote in the midterms, our fate will be sealed.
    If confirmed, the left will more likely than not take to the streets & NOT in a good way. One word: Antifa! They will make the L.A riots look like a child's birthday party!
    I would appreciate the National Guard being called in AHEAD of the vote. I think (& suspect) they're going to be needed. God help us!

• Belinda Parker

09/27/2018 11:38 PM

I am totally appalled at the way our so called gov. Allowed for a man of high standing, with no real concrete evidence to have a hearing televised on 4 chanels....and then to ignore Dr. Fords statement that this is all orcastrated by Finestine. Where are we going...when is this over and when will it be enough? It breaks my heart that this situation has not been checked more closely only to delay a vote for the American people. Shock and thoroughly disgusting. There is always Hope that this will eventually come out right with the grace of the Lord God Jehovah. Such a battle....right is wrong and wrong is right. ..God Help Us.

Evening Edition - September 27

September 27, 2018 |

Kavanaugh

Graham will be remembered

Unbelievable

President Trump's press conference

Time to step aside folks

Or in their own parlance:  Do the right thing and step aside.

HHS cancels contract

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Darlene Estlow

09/28/2018 09:29 AM

• Darlene Estlow

09/28/2018 09:27 AM

• Rechele Fields

09/28/2018 09:17 AM

I was so proud of Lindsay Grahm's courage yesterday.

• Kevin Pandil

09/28/2018 09:15 AM

A signed contract, would be legal in court.

• Dolores

09/28/2018 08:00 AM

Christy Pham

• Rene' Buck

09/28/2018 07:57 AM

• G. Jerry Merges

09/28/2018 07:56 AM

Fairness? Decency? missing in action from the swamp creatures.
    Lindsey Graham finally let it rip- about time!

• Mrs. Sheila J Mayhew

09/28/2018 07:54 AM

• Amelia Little

09/28/2018 05:37 AM

Thank you for your newsletter.

• Jeffrey Hill

09/28/2018 05:11 AM

• Rita Neselroad

09/28/2018 05:09 AM

• Richard Lingenfelter

09/28/2018 04:53 AM

How many other parties did she attend and drink at in high school and college.
    She was never asked any very important questions. Why?
    Thank you very much.

September 27, 2018 |

Kavanaugh

Graham will be remembered

Unbelievable

President Trump's press conference

Time to step aside folks

Or in their own parlance:  Do the right thing and step aside.

HHS cancels contract

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Darlene Estlow

09/28/2018 09:29 AM

• Darlene Estlow

09/28/2018 09:27 AM

• Rechele Fields

09/28/2018 09:17 AM

I was so proud of Lindsay Grahm's courage yesterday.

• Kevin Pandil

09/28/2018 09:15 AM

A signed contract, would be legal in court.

• Dolores

09/28/2018 08:00 AM

Christy Pham

• Rene' Buck

09/28/2018 07:57 AM

• G. Jerry Merges

09/28/2018 07:56 AM

Fairness? Decency? missing in action from the swamp creatures.
    Lindsey Graham finally let it rip- about time!

• Mrs. Sheila J Mayhew

09/28/2018 07:54 AM

• Amelia Little

09/28/2018 05:37 AM

Thank you for your newsletter.

• Jeffrey Hill

09/28/2018 05:11 AM

• Rita Neselroad

09/28/2018 05:09 AM

• Richard Lingenfelter

09/28/2018 04:53 AM

How many other parties did she attend and drink at in high school and college.
    She was never asked any very important questions. Why?
    Thank you very much.