The following is excerpted from an email sent by Roger Stone’s wife Nydia on behalf of the Roger Stone Legal Defense Fund. Though I am not personally involved with raising money for that fund, I decided to share a portion of her letter not directly related to their financial situation because it gives such a powerful perspective on what it’s like for an innocent person to be caught up in a “home invasion”-style raid...

---------------------

By now, I'm sure you have heard about the terrifying pre-dawn raid on the house in Ft. Lauderdale where I live with my husband, Roger Stone.

A little before 6 a.m., 29 assault-weapon-wielding FBI agents in full tactical gear and wearing night vision goggles surrounded our home. Because I am hearing-impaired and I was sleeping, I did not hear the commotion when an FBI agent pounded on the door demanding my husband open it, and I did not know he had been handcuffed and taken into custody.

I woke up only when two FBI agents burst into our bedroom and demanded that I get out of bed at gunpoint. I was marched out to the street in front of our house wearing only a night gown and in bare feet. I was instructed to stand next to my husband, who was handcuffed and also barefooted. I am not charged with any crime.

This has to be the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced as FBI agents swarmed into our home after announcing they had a search warrant.

My husband has no previous criminal record, not even a speeding ticket. He is charged and pled not guilty to seven non-violent process crimes. We do not own a gun, and my husband's passport had actually expired. The idea that he is a danger to anyone or a flight risk was disproved hours later when a federal magistrate released him on a surety bond.

The FBI used 29 agents [and] 17 vehicles, including 2 armored vehicles, a helicopter, and 2 amphibious units because our rented home backs onto a canal. Every agent was carrying an AK-47 as well as a sidearm. This is a much larger force than [was] used to capture and kill bin Laden or arrest El Chapo. It must have cost U.S. taxpayers a half a million dollars.

Even more humiliating, for some odd reason a CNN camera crew had arrived at our home only 50 minutes before the FBI strike force and was allowed to film the assault on our home and my husband's arrest. If my husband was considered "dangerous," why was a CNN film crew in position 10 yards from our front door? How convenient that the CNN producer at our home is a former special assistant to FBI director James Comey!

My parents came from Cuba. I can understand how these kinds of police state tactics can happen in a communist country, but it is hard to believe that the FBI Director and acting Attorney General would allow this kind of brutal assault on a U.S. citizen with no prior criminal record and charged only with non-violent process crimes here in the United States.

After the FBI took my husband away, I was allowed to dress under the supervision of a woman FBI agent, who even had to watch me while I used the bathroom. I was not allowed to touch my cell phone even though I could see that my children and grandchildren were calling to see if I was all right. FBI agents tore through every square inch of our home and removed my husband’s computers and iPads. They also took my computer, which means they got many beautiful pictures of my grandchildren.

I wasn't allowed to turn on the television, so I did not see the angry and hateful mob that gathered outside the federal courthouse in Ft. Lauderdale, where I later learned that my husband was placed in hand and foot shackles and held in a holding cell after being fingerprinted and having his mug shot photos taken. The FBI spent seven hours tearing through our house, as well as raiding a storage facility nearby, where they also took a computer and went through financial records that are at least 15 years old.

Although you would never know it from the fake news media, my husband...is not charged with Russian collusion, Wikileaks collaboration or any other crime associated with the 2016 election...Now we are facing a $2 million cost for lawyers In order to fight the bogus charges against my husband, who at 66 years old is facing a potential 45-year prison sentence for crimes he did not commit.

Every day brings death threats [and] late-night anonymous phone calls threatening to kill us, and it's gotten so I can't even go to the grocery store without somebody screaming at me and accusing us of being Russian spys –- which is funny because my parents fled Cuba and the brutal regime of Fidel Castro while my husband's family members were mowed down by Russian tanks in Budapest in 1956.

……………….

There’s little to add to Mrs. Stone’s letter; it speaks for itself. I do particularly like her point that if her husband is so dangerous that he requires a SWAT team to take him into custody, it’s odd that CNN was allowed to be up so close with their cameras. I also appreciate her very appropriate reference to Cuba.

This kind of thing is not supposed to happen in America, but it obviously does, at least to people on the wrong political side of those running the show. In this case the result could have been tragic. If it’s true that Mrs. Stone could not hear instructions spoken by the armed agents, she might have acted in self-defense and ended up dead. Whoever signed off on this raid should be held accountable for prosecutorial misconduct.

On Friday night, Tucker Carlson showed home security video from Roger Stone’s house covering multiple angles of the pre-dawn raid. It shows CNN arriving around 5AM, about an hour before the FBI agents show up. The CNN cameraman immediately sets up his tripod, obviously expecting something, and gets back in his vehicle to wait for FBI agents to arrive.

When agents pull up, the CNN cameraman jumps out of his car, camera on his shoulder.  He’s not far from the action, only about 40 feet away. The agents surrounding the home can be seen as heavily armed, carrying assault weapons and sidearms and wearing anti-ballistic armor. They’re using red-dot sights and tactical flashlights. They look ready to fire. One has a battering ram.

A camera at the back of the house captures one of the boats referred to by Mrs. Stone. It carries at least two agents, who shine a floodlight into the home.

It’s like something out of a movie. From the look of this, you’d think Stone was a drug lord, or maybe a serial killer.

We’re being told that all this was “by the book.” I don’t accept that. If such action against a non-violent 66-year-old man with absolutely no record of prior offenses can be considered business as usual by the FBI, then we are no longer in the America we used to know.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Pay raises for Congress

Washington state tries to block President Trump from the 2020 ballot

• Judith Simpson

02/13/2019 09:37 AM

This is so outrageous! The FBI and persons responsible need to be reckoned with. Including CNN. Not right.

• Judith Simpson

02/13/2019 09:36 AM

• Brenda Ladd

02/13/2019 09:24 AM

2 things:
    1) the FBI agents themselves don’t look like they are approaching a serious threat...they act pretty casual., so why so many and such extremes?
    2) if this is standard procedure...what is it standard procedure for? What types of scenarios and what level of offense triggers this level of show of force?

• Gordon Crenshaw

02/13/2019 04:49 AM

It's time for the President to fire the FBI director for allowing this behavior. He needs to appoint Sheriff Clark or the Sheriff from Arizona to head the FBI.

• Kay Kunter

02/13/2019 12:30 AM

My heart goes out to Mr. and Mrs. Stone for this disgraceful exhibition I am sure was prompted by Mueller and his band of Democrats . This reminds me of what you see in third world countries. Every day I begin to wonder what the government is up to next. The corruption I have seen recently is mind boggling. Where will it end? I am so frustrated with the political hacks who are in power.

• Marianne moore

02/13/2019 12:23 AM

This is the way J Edgar Hoover operated. FBI needs a major cleanup!

• Donna Leroux

02/12/2019 07:47 PM

This whole thing makes me soooo angry. I hope whoever ordered the absolutely unnecessary actions taken by the fbi is removed from their position!

• Cliff Kirts

02/12/2019 06:45 PM

i know i just posted but another comment if you dont mind... i dont recall you mentioning anything about kent hovinds arrest, which was much like this one... only more cops, more confiscation, more humiliation, and a lot of corruption.. im sick of 'servants' of the courts rather than the constitution.. we need cops who will say 'thats not a lawful order' instead of brown boothed thugs

• Cliff Kirts

02/12/2019 06:41 PM

these fbi agents are the 'rank and file'? same as waco?'' i dont care if these kind of cops are ambushed, targeted, spat upon, ridiculed, denigrated, etc.. and i was a trump man long before it was cool.. i support police who act like servants and defenders of my constitution.. i wish destruction upon any other kind

• Lisa Dulaney

02/12/2019 03:59 PM

Ridiculous use of power. The water in the creek won't run clear until you get the pigs out of there! Stand strong and brave like the U.S. May God bless you and yours.

• RICHARD MCNEIL

02/12/2019 02:56 PM

Welcome to the new Amerika. If these people are not held accountable in a serious manner then we can expect the creep of such injustice to continue and even accelerate. I am difficult to awaken and had I heard someone crashing through my door at O'Dark Thirty my first instinct would be to grab my .45 with one hand, reach over to make sure my wife was next to me with the other and to start shooting as soon as I saw the intruder. The most likely outcome would be my death, her possible death or wounding and the possible death of a "law enforcement" officer.
    If I was "lucky" enough to realize it was a legal raid and I didn't get shot, I'd go to prison for endangering cops. Folks we are in a police-state situation now. All I have to say is that if we don't see SERIOUS repercussions for the individual whose authority allowed him to set this in motion and he is held PUBLICLY accountable, my new motto is going to be "G. GORDON HAD IT RIGHT"
    Enough is enough. I'd rather be dead defending my freedom than licking FBI boots or placed in an Amerikan Gulag.

• DAVID COX

02/12/2019 01:46 PM

I once read that LAPD officers like to refer to the FBI a 'fan belt inspectors'. Arrogant types who love to pull rank on others in the law enforcement community. If ever an FBI type asks a question about ANYTHING I won't answer one word until their entire department is cleaned up. They will have to re-earn the respect of We The People. I hope and expect President Trump to pardon all of these 'fake crimes'. Let's go after Mueller!

• Vicki L Kuhl

02/12/2019 01:46 PM

Everyday I am more and more embarrased to be an Aerican citizen in the USA because of actions like these. Its shameful.

• Darrell D. Murray

02/12/2019 01:11 PM

While I don't condone the FBI Actions, I would expect accuracy in the reporting of the article of the type of firearms used in the raid. The FBI Agents were armed with M4 rifles, NOT AK47's.

• Janice Short

02/12/2019 11:38 AM

I want the Stone family to know how appalled I am at the treatment they received from the FBI, a government agency who was at one time above reproach. What has happened to the FBI? Maybe they need to be further investigated!

• Joyce A Thompson

02/12/2019 11:13 AM

After reading Mrs. Stone's account of the FBI assault on her and her husband, I am appalled at this unconscionable act. She's absolutely correct. There was less power and force used to apprehend Bin Laden and El Chapo. Also, why would Christopher Wray and Michael Whitaker allow this to happen? Whoever ordered this is despicable!

• Richard Koppenaal

02/12/2019 09:15 AM

Mike you hit the nail right on the head. Just like something you would see on a movies or read in the history of the SS and Hitler's rise to power. Not the America that we have known and loved. Could this be some of the deep state doings that Judicial Watch continues to talk about and warn us of?

• steve citron

02/12/2019 07:04 AM

I have seen this kind of efforts made against people right here in So. California. If we do not toe the leftist line, and bow to the "Newspeak", and "Big Brother" type heavy handed actions by slaves to the power of government, we are ostracized, and even imprisoned by police, and government thugs. Most people cannot afford to put up the kind of legal, and moral battles that are brought against them due to the heavy financial, and emotional battering. Too often we must cow to lies, and coercion by these thugs acting in the name of government. Huxley, and Orwel were correct in their discription of the kind of over reach executed by the leftist/socialists

• Renita Hill

02/12/2019 06:48 AM

This Gestapo type behavior with regular U.S. citizens is ridiculous and must stop. How do we fix this? Voting isn't working.

• Ed Schaplow

02/12/2019 05:54 AM

I am also 66 years old and was in the first 18yo to vote election as was Mr stone. In high school we had to take classes on being a good citizen and how to register to vote. We learned about the constitution and our legal rights and how to protect them. I was entering college and my father was against it because he feared the universities were becoming socialist and I would be converted to socialism. I scoffed at how ridiculous his fears were. Now i regretfully realize he was right, we have been taken over by socialist leaders and unless we stand up to this terrible brain washing of our children in public schools, as my father feared, one nation under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all, is now long gone but so you know I have recited the pledge of allregence every day for 60 years and now it's not required, that is the sign we have been infiltrated 100%

• Sharon Silljer

02/12/2019 12:46 AM

Mike,
    This is a very scary time here in this country. We have crime rates that the police just cannot stop from rising. With the Federal government split right down the middle it is about to bring our country into civil war again. This is another ploy to distract Trump. Mine you they have to be big to pull Trump off his target. Its sickening what has happened here in this case. Yet we have no wants and warrents for Hillary and her gang. ??

• Dave Schoenecke

02/12/2019 12:05 AM

The persons in charge and those carrying out the raid should be interrogated to what information was fed to them that would demand such tactics . The people in charge should be held accountable !!! Is not anyone in our government in control of these IDIOTS !!!!!!!?????
    Lawsuits should be filed against whoever leaked this raid to the media.!!!

• Cristal Clark

02/11/2019 10:54 PM

Sadly, this happens all the time in the USSA, I mean USA. They also do this to Americans they want to forfeit assets of. I was held in a Federal Detention Center and county jail for 14 months, since my husband refused to plead guilty to bogus charges. The prosecutor said that if he took a (bogus lie infested) plea deal, they would leave me alone. I urged him to fight for the truth. They weren’t kiddong. It was a horrific nightmare, but God is good and is still making beauty from ashes every day in this situation. I was fully acquitted; my husband had a hung jury at the first trial, then at the second—the prosecutor blocked the most important expert witnesses and evidence; threatened so many...people who want to help become afraid. My husband was still acquitted of the biggest “conspiracy charge”, and wrongly convicted of smaller charges. Instead of getting the 5 or so year sentence that would be normal for those convicted charges, the judge sentenced him as if he hadn’t been acquitted of anything. He is a nonviolent, amazing and kind Christian businessman, and he is now in a high security federal penitentiary, serving a 40 year sentence for a false Onstruction of Justice charge and 3 charges from allowing his secretary to sign for him on mortgages (which she was given the OK to—it was a matter of a busy schedule). They called it bank/mortgage fraud. God help America.

• Becky Turnquist

02/11/2019 10:32 PM

This is absolutely obsurd! I can’t believe this is by the book!

• Arnold Kezsbom

02/11/2019 10:04 PM

Well said! My guess is someone on Mueller’s team, told John Brennan and he notified CNN. It’s so sad that all the evidence points to a corrupt Clinton campaign that was condoned and supported by the corrupt Obama Administration. There is no doubt in my mind, this investigation of Trump and literally the acts of treason against his Presidency, was ordered by Hillary, condoned & supported by Obama and orchestrated by John Brennan. For the sake of the USA, I pray Bill Barr is a straight shooter and gets to the entire truth.