American Shockwave Is Next...

June 24, 2016

Liverpool, UK: I’m in Liverpool this week, and when I went to bed last night just before midnight UK time (having earlier heard Osmond brother Merrill in a terrific concert at the famous Cavern Club), it appeared that Brits would be staying IN the European Union, as pollsters were universally predicting a 52-48 victory for those advocating staying. By the time I got up a little after 6am, the news was already rocking the world—the UK voted to get OUT of the EU by the very 52-48 margin by which they were predicted to lose.

It can’t be argued that it was decided by a small sampling—a huge 72% of the Brits voted.

A little while later in the morning, Prime Minister David Cameron announced his resignation. The stock markets around the world plunged, and the British pound dropped by its greatest dip in 40 years. (Good thing I brought some US currency to trade!)

Cameron was leader of the Conservative Party, but it was members of the Conservative Party who pushed for withdrawl. Cameron sided with the Labour Party and the institutions of government and finance. The majority of the people, including a significant number of Labour Party people, voted to get OUT.

Why does this matter to YOU in the USA? Because it was a foreshadowing of what will likely happen in November. Those who lead the political and financial institutions will push strongly that we “go along” our path and elect “Hellary” Clinton. There will be a large number (I believe a majority) who in spite of the uncertainty of specific policies, will vote to kick the political and financial institutions in their wide and arrogant rear-ends.

The votes in the UK to get OUT of the EU were those of workers tired of seeing their jobs taken by immigrants who didn’t share the British tradition, culture, and spirit. Many of our neighbors across the pond have felt they were losing their country and culture and that unrestricted immigration was changing their nation. It didn’t help that those wanting to stay in the EU branded the “out” group as racists or xenophobes. It was that many long time subjects of the British empire felt that their country was being lost to those who came to claim “free” benefits, jobs and education, but who also wanted to ignore what made the UK a great country and economy: its commitment to a moral authority and the rule of law and order.

Sound familiar?

This debate has deeply divided the UK, just as America has become deeply divided over essentially the same issues of nationalism vs. globalism. I’ve been speaking out about this for years—that America can afford to welcome immigrants who want to assimilate into America, but CANNOT afford to lose its culture and country to those who have no intention of speaking English, accepting the American Constitution of fundamental rights of the individual and of private property, and the moral authority based on the Judeo-Christian tradition.

Some in the ruling Conservative Party, like Cameron, had become more of the “house cats” of the ruling class. They defended multi-culturalism, unbridled immigration policies, and the siren song of globalism. Blue collar workers and some of the deeply traditional and patriotic British leaders (like Nigel Farage and former London Mayor Boris Johnson) led a revolt against the trend and a move toward a return to a unique and independent United Kingdom.

There is much hand-wringing and panic in the halls of government and finance in the UK. The truth is, no one really knows what will be the result of the UK getting out of the EU. But our friends the Brits determined that what they DID know was that if things kept on the way they were going, their grandchildren would live in a UK that wouldn’t resemble the one they loved and lived in.

Listen carefully to the US politicians who speak of doom and gloom about the British vote. Expect some of the GOP like Paul Ryan and other institutionalists tied to the financial empires to join with Democrats to call the vote “racist, short-sighted, and dangerous.” And watch them in November when they get their own comeuppance by an American people tired of watching their jobs disappear to other countries, the middle class getting sucker-punched and losing net worth while the globalist financiers made billions anyway, and while the best answers from the so-called conservative leaders were slashing Social Security and Medicare, gutting the basic constitutional rights of citizens to protect their jobs and their property, and pretending that there is no moral authority for our government.

A big shock in the UK; a big lesson and something to watch for in the United States.

• Marcom Majors

06/25/2016 09:23 PM

Mike, spot on my friend. I've always liked your thinking, but have never publicly commented on it. I will today because your words ring so true. God Bless, and how do the words "Vice President Mike Huckabee" sound?

• Marcom Majors

06/25/2016 09:20 PM

Mike, spot on my friend. I've always liked your thinking, but have never publicly commented on it. I will today because your words ring so true. God Bless, and how do the words "Vice President Mike Huckaby" sound?

• Joseph Martinelli

06/25/2016 06:54 PM

I was born in the United States in 1952 and this was, without a doubt, the best place to live on the globe. Now I tell my wife that we are checking out, just in time. I feel bad for my children , but there is nothing I can do but vote. The U. S. is self destructing. Trump is not perfect by a long shot, but he is our only shot.

• Rhonfa sulllivan

06/25/2016 05:23 PM

Well thought out Mr. Huckabee!!

• Michael Cash

06/25/2016 12:21 PM

Right on and I expected the be exit and bought some gold. Currency wars are about to begin?

American Shockwave Is Next...

June 24, 2016

Sound familiar?

• Marcom Majors

06/25/2016 09:23 PM

• Marcom Majors

06/25/2016 09:20 PM

• Joseph Martinelli

06/25/2016 06:54 PM

• Rhonfa sulllivan

06/25/2016 05:23 PM

Well thought out Mr. Huckabee!!

• Michael Cash