Why Did The Orlando Terrorist Call 911?

June 13, 2016

ADVERTISER:  Dealing with serious illness? Find out more about how healthcare planning can help you.  Complete this 3 question health survey today to get your free assessment from Iris Plans.

Every time there’s a terrorist attack, we’re treated to a politically correct chorus of responses, from President Obama and others, insisting that it had nothing to do with religion. It was about “hate.” It was “homophobia.” It was because guns laws aren’t tough enough.

No. It was about religion. Specifically, Islam.

One interesting new tipoff comes from Tom Joscelyn, senior fellow of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies and senior editor of The Long War Journal, in an appearance on Fox News. He links the terrorist attacks to the Islamic mythology of heaven and hell. To cite just the most recent example, when the Orlando shooter called 911 to proclaim his allegiance to ISIS, he was doing so in obedience to the Islamic State, which has an entire literature devoted to such things. The jihadist is supposed to pledge allegiance to the Caliphate so he can die in a state of obedience. If he dies in a state of disobedience and has not performed this “buyout,” this oath of allegiance, he risks going to hell.

To ensure a trip to heaven for the jihadist, he must publicly state the oath. The shooters in San Bernardino did the same thing. Other terrorists have gone online to do it.

So, in case it wasn’t already infinitely clear to everyone with a functioning brain, Obama has it wrong. These horrific outbursts of violence are not simply to register displeasure against gays, Americans or (fill in the blank). They are intended as a one-way ticket to heaven, stamped with an oath of obedience.

• Stephen Brummitt

06/13/2016 10:07 PM

I don't know about you Mike, but I have a hard time even thinking of 'islam' as even being in the same category as ANY other 'religion'! I find it an insult to my intelligence, when those who are following blatant tenets of the koran, as being labeled as 'extremists', and, those who don't follow the koran to the letter as being considered peaceful muslims; rather than, as 'those who are just less devout'. The teachings of islam are quite simply incongruous with those of all other civilized peoples. Quite frankly, I would be much happier, if islam was reclassified as an 'anti-semitic, geopolitical, supremacy, ideology', hiding behind a religious mask of intolerance.

• SHIRLEY McCORD

06/13/2016 08:31 PM

I ADMIRE YOU AND I VOTED FOR YOU ! I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR OFFERING YOUR OPINION ( AND GUIDANCE) TO TRY AND TALK COMMON SENSE TO AMERICANS.
    I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY A WORD ABOUT THE MUSLIMS AND CALIFATE. AMERICANS NEED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THAT RELIGION. WE IN THE WEST HAVE BEEN HATED BY THE CLERICS IN THE MIDDLE EAST FOREVER. WE ARE NON-BELIEVERS AND IT SAYS IN THE QUR'AN WE MUST BE KILLED. WHAT ARE THE CLERICS IN THIS COUNTRY SAYING IN THE MOSQUE ? ARE THEY SAYING SAYING " LOVE EVERYBODY" ? WHEN ATATURK WAS LEADER IN TURKEY HE SAID TO HIS PEOPLE WE MUST LEARN TO GET ALONG WITH WESTERNERS IF WE ARE TO PROGRESS IN THIS WORLD AND SO THEY BELIEVED HIM AND WE ALL GOT ALONG. HE WAS A SMART MAN.
    I WISH I COULD WRITE TO YOU ABOUT MY IRAN EXPERIENCE IN 1979 . SHIRLEY McCORD

• Catherine Fleming

06/13/2016 05:44 PM

Why is there an advertsement for healthcare planning on this news article page? I find it very distracting from the subject at hand.

• Linda Todd

06/13/2016 05:14 PM

Amen Mike. Why does no one else see it?

Why Did The Orlando Terrorist Call 911?

June 13, 2016

No. It was about religion. Specifically, Islam.

• Stephen Brummitt

06/13/2016 10:07 PM

• SHIRLEY McCORD

06/13/2016 08:31 PM

I WISH I COULD WRITE TO YOU ABOUT MY IRAN EXPERIENCE IN 1979 . SHIRLEY McCORD

• Catherine Fleming

06/13/2016 05:44 PM

• Linda Todd

06/13/2016 05:14 PM

Amen Mike. Why does no one else see it?