THE MORNING EDITION By Mike Huckabee
Good morning! Here are some stories from me that I think you will want to read.
DAILY BIBLE VERSE
1. MCCARTHY: DURHAM HAS "HIS SIGHTS ON THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN": On Thursday, Special Counsel John Durham made news by issuing his third indictment in his Trump-Russia Hoax investigation, that of Christopher Steele’s primary sub-source, Igor Danchenko. (The first two were FBI document-falsifier Kevin Clinesmith and Clinton attorney Michael Sussmann.) He’s charged with five counts of making false statements to the FBI. It was also revealed that Danchenko’s source for the more fantastic tales in the anti-Trump “dossier” was Charles Dolan, who could hardly be more closely tied with the Clintons. Dolan’s attorney, apparently seeing the writing on the wall, just came out and said that, yes, his client is the source referred to in the Danchenko indictment.
So, once again, the lies and corruption can be traced back to the Clintons.
On Friday, legal analyst Andrew C. McCarthy weighed in for the NEW YORK POST on the significance of Durham’s moves, saying they indicate he “has his sights set on the Clinton campaign.” McCarthy literally wrote the book on the Russia Hoax; it’s called “BALL OF COLLUSION: The Plot to Rig an Election and Destroy a Presidency” and is highly recommended reading in light of these new indictments.
Danchenko, as we reported yesterday, worked for five years at the Brookings Institution, a Washington “think-tank” with close ties to the Clintons. McCarthy reports that Brookings’ former president Strobe Talbott is an F.O.B. (“friend of Bill”) dating back to their college days, and he also worked in Hillary’s State Department.
It was at Brookings that Danchenko met Fiona Hill, a witness in Trump Impeachment #1 and the person who introduced Danchenko to Christopher Steele a decade ago.
In fact, it was Strobe Talbott who showed her the “dossier.” Hill testified she thought at the time that it was “a rabbit hole.” She saw in 2016 that Steele was “obviously out there soliciting information” and that she saw him as a target for Russia, for whom this was “a great opportunity to...present him with information that he’s looking for that can be couched in some truth and some disinformation.”
But now it's clear: it wasn’t Russia that supplied him with disinformation. IT WAS THE CLINTON POLITICAL MACHINE.
Hill even stated that “I don’t think it’s appropriate for him to have been hired to do this.”
If I were George Stephanolpouos –- hard to imagine, I know, but go with me –- having just done an interview trying to rehabilitate the image of Steele and his fake “dossier,” I would be feeling really stupid right now.
Interestingly, Strobe Talbott is the brother-in-law of Cody Shearer, who wrote his own “dossier” about Trump and Russia in 2016. The phony dossiers were apparently just flying around Washington DC that summer.
Danchenko defended his work at Brookings to the WASHINGTON EXAMINER, saying that a review of his file would show “a lot of groundbreaking research and analysis.” Really? It doesn’t seem that his standards for verifying research are very high, considering the “research” (lies and gossip) he passed along to Steele only breaks new ground for salaciousness.
According to Durham’s indictment, Danchenko made up a story that the president of the Russian-American Chamber of Commerce –- not identified in the indictment, but his name is Sergey Millian –- told him that Trump had been involved in a “conspiracy of cooperation” with Vladimir Putin’s government. Millian has denied being a source for the “dossier,” which he called “fake news created by sick minds.”
If only it could have been dismissed in the beginning as exactly that.
As McCarthy reports, Danchenko is also alleged to have concealed the fact that one of his sources for the “dossier” is longtime Clinton crony Charles (“Chuck”) Dolan (“PR Executive - 1” in the indictment).
For a deeper dive into the details of the indictment and the fabrications of Dolan and Danchenko, here’s a very clear account.
The FBI used the “dossier” in October 2016 to get a FISA court order to spy on Trump campaign associate Carter Page. But they didn’t attempt to verify the information in it by talking to Danchenko until January of 2017. By then, they had already gotten a 90-day extension on their Carter Page warrant.
According to McCarthy, “It appears that Durham theorizes that the Trump-Russia collusion narrative was a political attack manufactured by the Clinton campaign.” Ya think? We’ve waited five years for this --- the REAL narrative --- to come out in any official way.
It’s been so obvious for so long. Steele was paid to create the “dossier” by Glenn Simpson of opposition research company Fusion GPS, which was hired by the law firm Perkins Coie, which was run by attorneys Marc Elias and Michael Sussmann, whose clients were the Hillary campaign and the DNC. There it is. And now we know that Dolan supplied the lies and Danchenko was used as the intermediary.
By the way, it turns out that even Fiona Hill, who seemed so concerned in 2016-2017 about Russian disinformation, does not now believe the Russians stole the 2016 election for Trump. “The voters who had swung the ballot for Donald Trump in critical counties in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan were swayed by consideration of their own personal, family and communal circumstances, not by the fake internet personas derived by Russian intelligence services.”
So very true. Now, somebody tell that to MSNBC.
Gregg Jarrett of FOX NEWS has a must-read commentary on the Clinton machine and their outrageously phony scheme that is appropriately scathing.
Finally, now that Dolan has been identified and his political connections made clear, it’s helpful to get in our time machine and go back to October of last year, when Jarrett –- in another must-read –- outlined other evidence, declassified by then-Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe and presumably now in the hands of the special counsel, that the plot to tar Trump with false allegations of “colluding” with Russia came, ultimately, from…
...Hillary Clinton herself. As Jarrett said, “Her malevolence knows no bounds.”
2. LIFE IN THE ELITIST BUBBLE: CNN sent a reporter shopping with a family named the Stotlers to show how inflation is hurting them. They said they have to buy 12 gallons of milk a week, and when it goes from $1.99 to $2.79, it really adds up. That prompted some overpaid liberal Twitter blue checks to mock the family, like New York magazine writer Jonathan Chiat, who suggested they cut back on milk baths.
Chiat backtracked after he got blasted by commenters pointing out that the Stotlers are a family of 11: two parents plus nine kids around the teen years, six of them adopted and one in foster care.
It’s a good thing talk is cheap because he’s now eating his words. But not the rest of the arrogant leftist Twitter mobs. They’re angry at CNN for daring to report that inflation is harming this family instead of talking about how much those ingrates are benefitting from Biden’s policies. No, seriously, they actually believe that. Next year’s election is going to be this Tuesday times 1,000.
3. GARBAGE APPEARS TO BE OFFICIAL POLICY: Someone in the Biden Administration needs to tell the President what his policy is on giving big payouts to illegal immigrants. He said that story was “garbage,” but now (as so often happens with this White House), the garbage appears to be the official policy.
They might want to save that money to pay as legal reparations to some American citizens who are suffering under the unconstitutional oppression of their own Administration.
America the Beautiful
This feature returns with images of America's cities, landscapes and people.
4. FACT-CHECKED BY MSNBC: A reporter asked President Biden when inflation, currently at a 13-year high, might start coming down. He replied, “Things are a hell of a lot better, and the wages have gone up higher, faster than inflation.”
I’m sure you won’t be surprised to hear that’s not true. When you factor in inflation, the buying power of wages has dropped. In short, you might be getting paid more, but it doesn’t go as far as it did before you got your raise.
What is surprising is that Biden’s response was so obviously untrue that he even got fact-checked on it by MSNBC!
5. CORRECTION: PHOTO OF THE DAY! Colorado Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert modeled her own version of AOC’s “Tax the Rich” Met Gala gown. It’s the “Let’s Go, Brandon” dress.
Correction: Our original version said that the dress was photoshopped, but it turns out it was very real!
6. KYLE RITTENHOUSE UPDATE: The prosecution in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial has been described by the Legal Insurrection blog as “an absolute train wreck.” First, FBI surveillance video contradicted their claim that Rittenhouse chased down his “victims” (they chased him.) Then, their own star witness refuted the state’s narrative and bolstered Rittenhouse’s self-defense claim.
Daily Caller reporter Richard McGinness was recording the Kenosha riot on a cell phone when Rittenhouse fired the first shots, hitting protester Joseph Rosenbaum, whom McGinness helped to get to medical aid. Prosecutor Thomas Binger was trying to get McGinness to testify that Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum in cold blood, but McGinness said Rittenhouse was pointing his rifle at the ground when McGinness lunged at him and tried to grab his weapon. Binger suggested that McGinness’ interpretation of what Rosenbaum was trying to do was “pure guesswork.” He responded, “Well, he said, ‘F--- you,’ and then reached for the weapon.”
That jibes with what was said by another “prosecution” witness who’d been patrolling that night and said he was with Rittenhouse when Rosenbaum threatened to kill them both. He claimed Rosenbaum had been hyper-aggressive and acting in a violent manner, throwing rocks and setting fires, and during an earlier altercation, said, “If I catch any of you guys alone tonight, I’m going to f---ing kill you!”
At this rate, I don’t know if the defense will even need to call any witnesses. The prosecution is making their case for them.
Related: Rittenhouse’s attorneys accused the prosecution of colluding with a police detective to hide possibly exculpatory video evidence from the defense.
HYMNAL: LET US EVER WALK WITH JESUS
1 Let us ever walk with Jesus,
Follow His example pure,
Flee the world, which would deceive us
And to sin our souls allure.
Ever in His footsteps treading,
Body here, yet soul above,
Full of faith and hope and love,
Let us do the Father's bidding.
Faithful Lord, abide with me;
Savior, lead, I follow Thee.
2 Let us suffer here with Jesus,
To His image e'er conform;
Heaven's glory soon will please us,
Sunshine follow on the storm.
Though we sow in tears of sorrow,
We shall reap with heav'nly joy;
And the fears that now annoy
Shall be laughter on the morrow.
Christ, I suffer here with Thee;
There, oh, share Thy joy with me!
By: Sigmund von Birken
For past editions of my morning newsletter, please visit my website here.
For more of my news coverage, visit my website here.