Evening Edition - November 16

November 16, 2020 |

SECOND, BETTER VACCINE

Monday, a second major pharmaceutical company, Moderna, announced that the stage three trial of their coronavirus vaccine proved it 94.5% effective, even better than the vaccine just announced by Pfizer. To make it even harder to ignore the obvious, Moderna’s CEO specifically thanked “our partners at BARDA and Operation Warp Speed who have been instrumental to accelerating our progress to this point.”

I say it will be harder for the media to ignore the fact that the CEO directly credited President Trump’s efforts with creating a vaccine in record time, but that doesn’t mean they won’t do it. Getting our current media to give credit to Trump for his undeniable accomplishments is far more difficult than developing a coronavirus vaccine.

DETROIT ELECTION UPDATE

Latest election twist: poll watchers in Detroit claim that thousands of write-in votes for Kanye West were changed by the poll workers and given to Joe Biden instead. If true, I wonder how many people who voted for Kanye knew that what they would be getting instead is a 77-year-old white dude?

EXCITING NEWS

Our YouTube channel for “Huckabee” on TBN recently topped half a million subscribers! I want to thank all of you personally (but don't worry, not by name) for helping us reach this fantastic milestone. As a gift to show our gratitude, here’s a special video by staffer Jonathan Utley and the team that gives you a peek behind the scenes, to show you how we put the show together every week:

(By the way, my newsletter staffers Pat and Laura want you to know they also write for the show, but they’re not in the video because they work long distance from Texas.)

If you haven’t already hit that “Subscribe” button and the “Notification” bell to be alerted when we post new videos, then please do it now! And if you could use a break from politics (as we all could occasionally), subscribe to my other channel, “Huckabee’s Jukebox,” for great performances by musicians, comedians, magicians and other guests, many of them digital exclusives recorded just for the Internet.

ACTUAL FACT-CHECKING

Actual Fact-checking: The same people who constantly nag us, contradict us and slap “disputed” and “disinformation” banners on our every social media post, no matter how accurate, are now pushing false narratives about Joe Biden being the “President-elect” from the non-existent “Office of the President-elect,” and not only treating him as if he were already President, but arguing that somehow, Trump should be removed from office right now to install Biden. Some of the older ones argued the opposite in 2000, when it took 37 days for the Bush-Gore legalities to be settled.

That’s why everyone should take a deep breath and read this article by KrisAnne Hall at Western Journal.

It’s an explanation of some of the critical facts about electing a President that all of the so-called “fact-checkers” and their paymasters are getting wrong. For instance: no President in history has ever been elected in November as a result of the popular vote. This explains quite clearly how the process works, how long it takes, and what the line of succession is (and here’s some news to set your mind at ease: no matter what you hear, there is no way that Nancy Pelosi can be appointed as “acting President.”)

UNEXPECTED ELECTION TWIST

Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz is predicting that the Presidential election might take yet another unexpected twist. He believes that President Trump will give up trying to reach 270 electoral votes and instead concentrate on challenging the suspicious results in battleground states to deny Biden 270. That would throw the election to Congress, where each state delegation gets one vote and the Republicans have a majority of states. It’s a longshot, and there are a lot of variables, but it happened three times before in the 19th century to settle disputed elections, so it’s not unprecedented.

Again, this is just Prof. Dershowitz’s theory, and it makes interesting reading. But it appears that Trump’s people are pressing forward with trying to prove outright vote fraud to disqualify illegal votes. I want to see that play out and stop the rushing of “President Biden” onto America.

I’ve said from the very beginning, if Biden legitimately won with a majority of legal votes, then I will accept the results gracefully and start working toward the next election. But there are so many alarm bells going off now, it's deafening to those of us who don't have our fingers jammed in our ears. Those alarms need to be answered, not just silenced.

Biden himself should realize that this has to be investigated and settled to everyone's satisfaction. Even if he gets into office, without that assurance, he'll go down in history with an asterisk next to his name, like baseball players accused of steroid use. And if he thinks Trump had a hard time governing people who accused him of being “illegitimate” for no actual reason, imagine what it will be like governing over 70 million Americans who strongly suspect that he stole his way into office by negating their votes.

BIDEN AND THE VACCINE

To sum up the current position of the Democratic Party and the media on elections: any attempts to prevent illegal voting -- such as taking dead people and people who have moved away off the voter rolls or requiring ID to vote or stopping one person from voting multiple times or not letting illegal aliens vote – constitutes “voter suppression.” Nobody should declare themselves the winner until all the votes are counted, unless it’s the Democrat; and then he can not only be declared the winner, he can take office immediately, even if his term wouldn’t start for another 2-1/2 months. And every voter should only be allowed to hear about and discuss news which liberal sources think they should hear, while news that they really should hear must be kept from them at all costs if it might help the Republicans.

Here’s the latest example of that last position. While the Democrats and the media (pardon me for repeating myself) were telling voters that Trump had horribly botched the COVID-19 (Chinese) coronavirus response, claimed it was a “hoax” (he didn’t) and just didn’t care about people who died from it (and he's personally responsible for every death), he had actually started a public-private partnership to develop a vaccine in record time. The first one, from Pfizer, reportedly proved 90% effective. It was announced six days after the election. Pfizer at first claimed they were not part of Trump’s Operation Warp Speed, then later admitted they were.

Now it’s being reported that Pfizer knew of the positive results in October but not only held off announcing it until after the election, but they shared the news with Biden while keeping it from President Trump.

So Pfizer and Biden both knew about the positive results of the vaccine a month earlier and kept it from the President and the public? Does that mean that the launch of the vaccine was delayed by a month for partisan political purposes? If I were to think like a Democrat, I would declare that means an entire month's worth of deaths from COVID-19 are on their hands. But then, I’d be thinking like a Democrat, and that’s a slippery slope I don’t want to slide down.

• don laflamme

11/16/2020 11:50 PM

if they can steal the 2020 Presidential Election of the number one world power, how can you expect to be "working toward the next election"? everyone keeps blowing past that fact--the banana republic will be in full swing and ALL the elections will be as fake as this one. America is worth fighting for. Our odds might be better if we declared a civil war or banded together to secede from the Union--something for the history books other than what the Dems will write if they get in there. We were great once, Trump made us great again, we are STILL great, maybe greater than we think we are. Bill O'Reilly said the Supreme Court wouldn't overturn an election for fear of a Civil War...why wouldn't the Supreme Court NOT overturning a FAKE election bring about the same fear? Are they using our own values against us? We must have the audacity to act as outrageously for our cause as they are for theirs because ours is Righteous!

• David McGillvray

11/16/2020 11:40 PM

After listening to Maria Bartiromo and her guests Sunday Morning and reading your columns also. Shouldn't the ersatz presidential contender just just do the Chinese thing to save face and concede.

• Rick Reinhardt

11/16/2020 11:14 PM

Heck, Biden himself said they had a plan well in hand to steal this election, (not verbatim). But that was a gaff worth hearing over and over again. I gather he knew about dominion because he said they had it well in hand. I saw it again on Newsmaxs today, heard it before once on Laura Ingrahm.
    But starting to pick up my news elsewhere that tell it like it is! Much like you GOV.
    Thanks for all you do in getting the news of the day out there! Rick

• Carl T Smith

11/16/2020 10:59 PM

As an old, I mean Really Old, Voter I was first introduced to Computers in the Punch Card era when the term GI=GO originated. Well fast forward 50 years and NOTHING has changed but the sophistication of the Hackers that make GI=GO a reality. I was introduced to how easy this is when I was complaining to my Cousin in TX, who is computer LITERATE-he put three children thru College as a self-employed guru. I was complaining about getting calls from my area code with my town prefix and it was a telemarketer. CUZ said "Hang Up" I'll call you back. IMMEDIATELY my phone rang with MY NAME & NUMBER as the Caller? NEVER question someone with a 160+ IQ about how Computers work. This Election MUST be STOPPED until the Cyber Attacks can be absolutely Denied as a Hoax. Otherwise, even if Biden/Harris or actually Harris/Biden will carry a mantra that will make the Dems attack on Trump for the last 4 years look like a Tea Party. I'm starting to believe That My Supreme Being might well be playing an Ace's and Eights hand and we are too Ignorant to see it?

• Suzanne Bullock

11/16/2020 10:54 PM

There is no way on earth the long-term safety of this vaccine has been confirmed, and with many years of unsuccessful attempts to produce a corona virus vaccine for other versions of corona viruses, you are WELCOME to be a lab rat and take any of them that are approved, but NOT ME, thank you very much! Talk to me about again in 10 years - and for the record, both my husband and I are high risk by age and multiple pre-existing conditions. We'll be dead of other causes before this vaccine is proven to be safe or effective in the long run.

• Ann Longacre

11/16/2020 10:43 PM

Thank you for factual information. At the end of the day, it is good to have something solid to put all the day's news in perspective. It also gives me facts to counter my liberal friends' crazy spin. I'm not sure they can comprehend truth though!

• Gary Stilwell

11/16/2020 10:16 PM

Sir, You would do well to research 'moderna's history. this corrupt pharm co has had a long history of failures and suspicious $ infusions--they have engaged in the controversial 'monkey brain' cultures for their failed theraputics--not even close to "pure" and separate science research--you couldn't pay me enough to take a vaccine from this co.

• Dana Sterling

11/16/2020 10:08 PM

Not to beat a dead horse, again and again, but Trump is enemy #1 for one reason only, for trying to drain the swamp and exposing the corruption that has been swept under the rug for far too long. If a real investigation was to take place, say like your traffic citation, the phony politicians on both sides of the isle would be wearing orange jumpsuits...

• Barbara Pierson

11/16/2020 09:53 PM

Not taking any vaccine for Covid. They have fetal tissue and bad things in them, don’t forget their nano tracking. You should know Governor. COVID is the Mark of the Beast where you won’t be able to travel, but or sell, etc. It’s being proposed in Canada.

• Samantha Casey

11/16/2020 09:52 PM

I am trying so hard to just "let go and let God" but some days, I feel myself getting so mad at all the lies from the left......I feel angry, I feel cheated, I feel discarded, I feel wary and weary of and by the people that are supposed to be "for the people"....
    But, even on the worst of days, God is still God......and no matter how much the Dems keep mangling everything most of us stand for and everything this country was built upon, God is not at all surprised!! Even if we don't get due justice, everything will be OK ......after all, "is any thing too hard for the Lord" (Genesis 18:14)
    It is (all) written, we win...... God Bless y'all...... don't forget where our hope lies!!!

• Denise Skjerven

11/16/2020 09:48 PM

ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR NEWS, Mike ! Thank you, thank you for striving to share THE TRUTH!

• Maxine Schuman

11/16/2020 09:36 PM

I pray many times a day that President Trump NEVER concedes...he needs to enact Article 12...the situation that Dershowitz explained...it's the perfect answer to this fraudulent election perpetuated by the Democrats. The House of Representatives will vote to end this debacle...each of the 50 states gets one vote to determine the President...Republicans overwhelmingly outnumber the Democrats so President Trump will rightfully retain the presidency...end of story...

• Bob V.

11/16/2020 09:33 PM

Remind me not to buy any Phizer products.

• Marlene Boyd

11/16/2020 09:21 PM

Dear Mike,
    I appreciate that you are very upbeat and somehow seem to stay that way.
    The only win we have had was the 2016 election of Trump.
    Not one has been held accountable for all the illegal and unethical actions that have transpired.
    If I am heartbroken, Can you imagine how our worthy president must feel.
    And now, an immoral power grab and once more they will not face prosecution.
    Disgusting! MB

• Jean Shafer

11/16/2020 09:14 PM

An interesting fact. Moderna does not sell prescription drugs, Pfizer does. President Trump signed an order in September to lower the cost of prescription drugs. Withholding the vaccine information from President Trump while telling ex VP Biden would only serve Pfizer's interests. Additionally I would bet they will get something in return from the Dems for withholding the info.
    I am truly sadden by the way evil has invaded our political system. If we are not able to expose the corruption in this election USA may never get republican candidates elected. There will not be a two party system if we allow this deception to continue.

• Gary DeWitt

11/16/2020 09:01 PM

When and if Trump gets in office, can he have Bidden arrested on the Logan Act as he still was not elected?

• Steven Lechtenberg

11/16/2020 08:54 PM

Thank for the intelligent insides Governor. The election as far as I’m concerned is still a toss up. I hope and pray it will not be Beijing Joe. After 4 years of democrat rule we would probably be speaking Chinese or Russian.
    My other concern right now is the rona virus. With such high survivability rates why is a vaccine needed. I understand the plight of the vulnerable, we do need to help them. Nobody knew or discussed the weekend drop of a couple months ago by the CDC that stated that of the 190,000 people whose deaths were attributed to rona virus only 9,500 actually died from it. The rest of the people who died from it had 2.6 under lying conditions that along with the rona were attributed to their deaths. Why is this fallacy of theWORLD PANDEMIC still going on. 40 and younger have a 99% survival rate, my age group 70 and older has 94.6% survival rate. There are a lot of other facts and figures out there that are being ignored. I myself will stand on my feet in defiance, not on my knees in submission to a bunch of politicians. When will the sheeple wake and realize this rona virus is the biggest hoax ever played on the American people

• Robbie Mize

11/16/2020 08:53 PM

Pardon me, but I think I am already sliding down that slippery slope, I think they have a lot of blood on their hands. They are evil.

• VICENTA ANCHETA

11/16/2020 08:40 PM

I want to see Joe Biden, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, and Pfizer stand Trial for the Murder of Americans.

• Billie Svadlenka

11/16/2020 08:21 PM

There's still hope. Keep praying. Billie

• Bill Mills

11/16/2020 08:17 PM

I appreciate your position on accepting Biden as President, but I will not be able to do so for several reasons. First, his party's position on taxpayer funded abortions does not fit into my Christian beliefs. (As you know, in the Old Testament are examples of God punishing the Israelites for sacrificing their children to pagan gods.) Second, there is mounting evidence that he sold out his country for personal gain. (Ukraine and his son's laptop) Third, he won't be President long. (Hello, 25th Amendment)

• Donna Malone

11/16/2020 08:17 PM

Pfizer and Biden should be held accountable for not releasing the vaccine info in October. I don't know how any of them people can get a restful sleep. What a shame!

• Sue Rogers

11/16/2020 08:13 PM

Plz tell our Prez to hang on, we love him and want him as Prez!

• Betty Everett

11/16/2020 07:54 PM

Hope you know how much most of America appreciates all you do. If not for you, we would never know the whole story. ??????????????????Trump, Pence, Huckabee, and all the other truth tellers.

• June Swezea

11/16/2020 07:53 PM

Thanks for the honest news Mike. Continuing to pray, believe, declare and celebrate President Trumps reelection. We need to keep speaking it out in faith. Trump 2020 ????????????????