Many of you wrote to say you shared my disgust at the Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to take down Attorney General Bill Barr. But before I answer a few letters, I have to offer one quick update.

The way they treated the attorney general was shameful enough, but one Judiciary Committee member simply had to complain afterwards about HIS behavior. Here’s Pennsylvania Rep. Madeleine Dean: “He was disrespectful, spoke over [the] top of every one of us. In particular, he spoke over women. He was flanked by at least ten staffers –- not a person of color among them.”

Okay! We've pandered to women and people of color. Now, on to the letters...

From Linda:

Thanks for your continued excellent news, Governor! If I don't hear it from you, I don't trust it.

I think the Left sees that their end is near, and they are frantic in their targeting of Barr, Trump, and anyone who stands with them. They are trying anything and everything to take them down. But as Sen. Kennedy says, "The American people are not morons."

From the Gov:

You’re right about their fear of Barr; he’s too smart for them and knows too much. I’ll bet you could have smelled the fear in that room, and it wasn’t coming from him.

From Carlos:

As a Spinal Tap fan,"I know that Democrats "BREAK LIKE THE WIND.”

From the Gov:

And that’s the “Reader Comment Of The Day.”

From Tim:

Great article...Liberals are an embarrassment and are lawless with no dignity. No one is surprised by their behavior but everyone is very tired of seeing [it], and the coup continues in the streets at this point. The DOJ and GOP better do something about the censorship of conservatives on social media and the attack on voting with the mail-in election tampering and voter fraud.

From the Gov:

Agreed. I wish Barr showed more concern about mail-in ballots. Ballot integrity is CRITICAL this time –- every vote!

From Roberta:

I watched the hearing and was thoroughly disgusted with the way the Democratic representatives treated Mr. Barr. The Democratic Party is not the party that I grew up with...Surely the American people see through their lies and hopefully will reject any... Democrat candidate!

From the Gov:

I hope you’re right, and that traditionally independent voters will see it’s impossible now to vote for anyone with a “D” by his or her name. We’ve gotten a good look at what the party as a whole has become. Anything that strengthens the Democrat Party as it exists today is wrong for America.

From Karen:

Loved the reference to 1984 with the “two minutes of hate” comment. I am rereading 1984 after reading it the first time some 45 years ago. Orwell had no idea what a prophet he really was. Thank you for your common-sense approach to the news!

From the Gov:

Thanks, Karen. George Orwell imagined his bleak society of the future long before the digital age, GPS and video surveillance, which take “Big Brother” to a whole new level. But hate --- hate is timeless, like the quest for power. If the “democratic” socialists running the Democrat Party today could remake America, it would end up just like Animal Farm.

From Helen:

When Nadler said to the attorney general, "...You should be ashamed of yourself," it was too much for me. Nadler is the one who should be ashamed –- he should never show his face again. He should resign and go into hiding.

I wish there was a way to thank the attorney general and to let him know how much sympathy and sadness we have for him for going through that awful treatment.

From the Gov:

Nadler has no shame. And believe it or not, there are some who hate Trump so much, they applaud Nadler for abusing Barr. But I think Barr knows that lovers of the law are applauding HIM for his resilience. I also get the impression he’s determined to do the right thing, regardless, for its own sake. When Barr is in the room, Nadler and his Democrat colleagues are far outclassed. Not to mention outwitted --- that’s why they couldn’t risk letting him talk.

From Glenda:

Is there any way to censure the [House] Judiciary Committee for this proceeding? I have never seen anything like this before!

From the Gov:

They deserve that, but censure requires a vote on the House floor. Speaker Nancy Pelosi isn’t about to allow that, as she is no doubt pleased as punch with them. This is the woman who tore up the President’s State of the Union speech and has essentially called Republicans murderers.

From Laurie:

Nadler, you have met Antifa and they are you.

From the Gov:

Laurie, you’ve hit on something. It reminds me of the Greg Gutfeld tweet we featured in our own commentary. People like Nadler are using their positions of power to do to America figuratively what Antifa is doing literally; namely, burning it down. In that sense, because these elected leaders do have such power, they are even more dangerous than people with torches.

From Shannon:

...I pray that the American people can see through this and show their feelings at the polls in November. God bless the United States of America.

From the Gov:

Indeed. And I’ll leave the discussion on that hopeful note.

• Evelyn Adrian

07/30/2020 09:49 PM

I was so upset by the obvious malice of the Democrats’ questions, I had to turn off the live video. I stayed on long enough to see how Attorney General Barr was handling himself, though, and to be encouraged by it. Far from flustering him with their slanted questions with an obvious end in view, Barr countered their ridiculous ramblings with the patience of an adult humoring a babbling child. Barr pulled them back on point and refused to be baited into a rash response time after time. Well played, sir, well played!

• Pat Hartline

07/30/2020 09:34 PM

Has anyone seen Jerry Nadler and Jabba The Hut together????

• Paul Kern

07/30/2020 09:13 PM

I have been following all the insanity and responses to it for some time now.
    It appears Marxism.is doing the best to erode and corrupt our society so it falls.
    I am reminded of the comic strip Pogo where he said," we have met the enemy and it is us."
    We have seen even the church in america has splintered. A terrible sight.
    Many here have fallen to the seductive siren call of Marxism.
    God's people must arm themselves with His Word and prayer. Just like in the Revolutionary War!

• Andrea Helen Eckert Watters

07/30/2020 08:57 PM

My husband has dementia and he says, "Getting rid of the police is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of! It's suicide!" I thought you might find this funny that even someone with his mental state would recognize this! But this is just for your eyes only. If any of our friends saw this posted, it might embarrass my husband. Love your Morning and Evening Editions. Like one of your other admirers, yours is about the only news I trust anymore!

• jack macdonald

07/30/2020 08:44 PM

I had great admiration for Herman Cain. Enjoyed his honesty and his position on policy. He always brought a happy spirit with him in his many TV appearances. Obviously a person who could rise above his skin color to reach great success. I was shocked when I heard of his passing because I had seen no news that he had acquired the Chinese virus.

• Alan Martino

07/30/2020 08:44 PM

I have been a fan and supporter of Herman Cain ever since the first time I saw or heard him speak. I am not black, but I really wanted to see him get elected President. Not because he is black, but because he stood for everything I believe in, and his Christian "salt and light" was so evident in his life, I knew he would be the one to truly unite our divided country. I literally cried when I learned of his passing, and I am not a man who cries easily. My sincerest condolences to his family, friends, employees, and supporters. He may be gone now, but he certainly will not be forgotten. I believe that God can use our tragedy for good, so I pray that Herman's legacy may still affect the unity we so desperately need, even now.

• Sonja Missita

07/30/2020 08:02 PM

Several mentioned their hope that American's eyes would be opened upon viewing the despicable way Attny Gen.Barr was treated. Unfortunately, if they watch the mainstream media, the only thing they would cover would be a clip making Wm. Barr look bad! Just so disgraceful! Thank you for all that you do!!!

• Sandra Reynolds

07/30/2020 07:25 PM

I Love all of these Comments they say everything I want to say. I couldn’t Stand watching and Listening to these Democrats come at AG Barr the way they did. They should all be Thrown out of Office on their Kissters they al deserve Prison even GITMO ! Thank You for your Comments ! HOD BLESS YOU ALL !

• Marcia Beale

07/30/2020 02:36 PM

Isn't the phrase "all pigs are equal, but some are more equal" from Animal Farm? Seems to apply to the ideology of the left.

• don kottwitz

07/30/2020 12:44 PM

Out here in the hinterlands - in a blue state no less - I don't have a lot of chance to see conservative news. So I love the MSM. I know that, whatever the MSM says, I know that the opposite is the truth.

• Thelma Stahl

07/30/2020 11:27 AM

The country is NOT better off without Herman Cain- but Herman Cain is in a better place. Sorry for OUR loss.

• Bob Horn

07/30/2020 11:13 AM

I might be egotistical and stupid, but I would not challenge Mike Tyson to a boxing match! The Dems challenged a brilliant, patriotic man and showed their own glaring faults.

• Ann Longacre

07/30/2020 11:03 AM

I have been praying for our presidents for years now. I have recently realized the importance of praying for people who are exposing the truth of what is going on today. You, Governor Huckabee, Mr. Barr, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Chris Plant, etc. All are in danger of Clinton Accidents and need the power of our mighty God to protect them so they can keep uncovering the truth.

• Kara Lawler

07/30/2020 10:15 AM

I just wanted to thank you again for keeping us truthfully informed.