In a blockbuster announcement on his show Monday evening, Tucker Carlson said his producers had been granted access to over 40,000 hours of closed-circuit video from January 6 that has been withheld from the public for over two years. In fact, they’ve been looking through it for about a week, he said, “trying to figure out what it means and whether it contradicts, or not, the story we’ve been told for more than two years. We think that, already, it does contradict that story.” They plan to spend the rest of this week looking through it and will bring their findings next week.
AXIOS had posted an exclusive report on this earlier in the day, saying House Speaker Kevin McCarthy of California had turned over “the full trove of surveillance video captured by Capitol Police security cameras on January 6…” We would note that McCarthy’s promise to do this was one of the factors that put him over the top for Speaker. McCarthy had told reporters on January 12 that he supported making the videos public.
The ‘Justice’ Department had designated the video as “highly sensitive government material” in March 2021, but restrictions (naturally) did not apply to House Democrats, who could use clips to their hearts’ content in Trump impeachment hearings and staged presentations by the J6 Kangaroo Kommittee.
The ‘Justice’ Department has said that only 14,000 hours of video --- covering from noon until 8PM --- are relevant. But the 44,000 hours likely cover the full 24-hour period, and who knows what might turn up during that time? So they’ll be looking through that, too.
As Julie Kelly at AMERICAN GREATNESS reports, “The secret video could finally show the use of undercover agents and informants both inside and outside the Capitol as well as those responsible for erecting the ‘gallows’ on Capitol grounds. Footage will also shed light on how photographers and videographers were stationed in key locations before the breach occurred.”
Speaking of January 6, there’s another trial of five more members of the Proud Boys going on now, and Julie Kelly has a must-read report on how DC District Court Judge Tim Kelly (we assume he’s no relation, or she’d disown him) seems to have mistaken the U.S. Constitution for toilet paper.
Judge Kelly was appointed in 2017 by President Trump in a huge mistake I’m sure he’d take back if he could. We warn you: you’ll be beside yourself with anger at the rationale Judge Kelly used to keep these nonviolent suspects detained behind bars for TWO YEARS. All five have been charged with seditious conspiracy, an up-charge that was levied a full year after their initial charges.
“What’s unfolding in Kelly’s courtroom is a mockery of justice,” Julie writes, “a politically motivated case heavily reliant on speech and activity that should be protected by the First Amendment rather than substituted for hard proof of any crime, let alone a plan to overthrow the government.”
And this jury. “Even objective trial observers noted the deep bias of the jury,” she reports. Read the paragraph about these individuals selected for this panel, and you’ll see that this jury is bad even by Washington, DC, standards. I’ve just scratched the surface of the problems with this case --- these defendants aren’t getting anything close to a fair trial.
Leave a Comment
Note: Fields marked with an * are required.
Comments 1-1 of 1
Karl D. Englund
02/24/2023 10:18 PM
The lying Democrats plan this attack with their people and that is why they never had the national Gard and police to protect the White house! The FBI was in on it also! They were out to make Trump look bad and blame him for the so-called attack! Just look at what the Biden and the rest of their dishonest party has done to our country!