January 10, 2021

This has been a tough week for America. It’s been an embarrassing and disgusting week for those of us who believe that the recent Presidential election was tainted with unanswered questions about fraud and massive voting irregularities. Whatever hopes we had that there might be a sincere investigation into the evidence that the media claimed didn’t exist was wiped out by a hot-headed mob at our nation’s Capitol. To be clear, of the tens of thousands of protesters and demonstrators who descended on Washington, most really were peaceful, law abiding patriots who love God, their families and their country. But those who stormed our Nation’s Capitol, ignored and fought the police, broke windows and doors and vandalized the offices of members of Congress and the Capitol itself were not patriots. They were a mob. A violent, lawless, and reckless mob engaged in criminal acts. Some of those participating in this mayhem or who tried to defend it tried to compare the actions of the mob to those of our Founders in the American Revolution. The violence at the Capitol this week was not at all like the American Revolution.

READ AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER--->

The Revolution of 1776 was carefully thought out. It was meticulously planned, and carried out by people who had exhausted all avenues to peacefully secure their liberty and to rid themselves of the intolerable behavior of their mother country, England. They declared their independence in a carefully crafted document and pledged their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor. They did not act spontaneously or compulsively. Their actions were thoroughly contemplated and the consequences were fully understood. What happened this week was carried out by hot-headed people moved by raw rage. There was no rational consideration of the consequences. There are no excuses or explanations for endangering innocent people, destroying public property, and challenging the authority of law enforcement. Even if 95% of that crowd were God-fearing law-abiding citizens who are rightfully angry that their beloved Republic is being taken over by Marxists and the useful idiots in the media who follow along, there is still no justification for the mayhem. Some of the rioters even quoted Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., but Dr. King NEVER got so fed up with the horrible and unjust treatment by the government and said, “That’s it—let’s storm the Capitol and break windows and occupy the chamber.”

The American Revolution indeed became violent and resulted in a war but they were not a mob, who in a blind rage launched something they had no plan to fulfill. They articulated their grievances, requested relief, and only after all possible remedies were rebuffed did they declare independence.

WE must be the voice of reason and rationality. The mob set back the conservative patriotic cause of limited government and a government that provides justice equally. This angry mob of played right into the hands of the press and the left.

READ AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER----------->

I support the many policies President Trump implemented to put America First. I’m glad he stood up to China and Russia, brought manufacturing jobs back to America, cut taxes because he believed that you could spend the money you worked for better than the government, fought to protect the lives of unborn children, protected religious liberty, stood with Israel against those who sought to annihilate her, and who appointed Constitutionalists to the courts. I don’t blame him because some who supported him devolved into criminal activity and tried to take over our nation’s Capitol. But to be fair and honest, his language about the election being stolen probably cost us 2 Senate seats in Georgia and gave some people the false sense that it was justifiable to storm past police barricades and take over the Capitol. Joe Biden will be the next President. It’s not who I voted for but I won’t burn down the country because he’s President. I will speak out for my views and I will faithfully vote in every election. But as disgusted as I was when Black Lives Matter and Antifa followers were burning our cities, looting stores and attacking police officers, I’m equally disgusted when people who may share many of my views do the same thing. I don’t care what their politics are, they are lawless thugs and need to be found, charged and prosecuted. I can’t teach my children and grandchildren to obey the rules of my house if I can’t be trusted to obey the laws of my nation!

• AE

01/11/2021 11:13 AM

We want justice!

• Tonya Hutchins

01/11/2021 11:11 AM

Love Huckabee!

• Pam Cunningham

01/11/2021 11:08 AM

You are wrong about the group that stormed the Capital....Trump didnt incite the crowd...the dirty elections did!! The Capital building belongs to "us"...it should not have been locked...the people had something to say and they should have been allowed to say what they wanted. The DC cops and the Capital cops are dirty! The crowd should have gone into the Capital and hauled Pelosi, Schumer, Pence, Romney, Loefler, and whomever else and beat the snot out of them! Why are you or anyone else surprised about the people taking over the Capital? The common voter has been telling all government officials that if they didnt get it together that there would be "Civil War"....and guess what...due to the actions of Congress and big tech, it is coming!

• David McClure

01/11/2021 10:49 AM

Governor, I LOVE your work. But I think you missed the truth inside the Capitol attack - and WHO is responsible. It is another leftist / Socialist headfake to try to discredit Mr. Trump. Go to the TIMELINE that shows the supporters of Trump at the rally couldn't possibly have made it to the Capitol to "break in" (so it was PLANNED ahead - MAYBE by extreme right-wingers, more likely by leftists trrying to deflect attention away from catching Biden's criminal theft of the election). Let me know what you think of this: https://thenationalpulse.com/breaking/ex-capitol-police-chief-says-pelosi-mcconnells-sergeants-at-arms-refused-security-measures-while-new-timeline-proves-trump-incitement-claims-bogus/

• Benita Miller

01/11/2021 10:48 AM

Many good people went to Washington DC not just in support of President Trump but to show their support for our Constitution. The truth about what happened at the Capital building is available for those who seek it. How this entire debacle came about was planned and orchestrated by evil. Some of our daughters friends were there and saw things that were unmistakably started by people bused in, two buses to be exact and they were not law abiding citizens. They were definitely not Trump supporters. These people are driven by hate and are lead by hate and their goal was to make Trump the heavy once again. Blame him for everything.

• Lenore Paul

01/11/2021 10:38 AM

President Trump didn’t lose the election for us in GA. It also was stolen. They again shut down to “count” votes. No poll watchers or Republicans were allowed to oversee proceedings. Stacy Abrams “judge” sister was in Forbes County. Nothing was done to prevent this. Our elections are over. Even the state capital violence was rigged. The police actually let people in & BLM people were bussed in to infiltrate & cause problems. (there is video). Our country is done. Are you selling out too?

• louis zachman

01/11/2021 10:17 AM

amen brother Huckabee. I too, think the proper thing for our President to do would have been to thank the thousands who rallied for him and tell them the truth. We did the best we could. I am proud of all of you - but it's time to go home and make our plans for 2024. He even could've thrown in a "I love you all and what you've done. The world and congress have finally heard you but 2024 in our next target"

• Rebecca Bunch

01/11/2021 10:12 AM

Thank you so much for your stand, words and a place that we can find the truth.

• Jerry

01/11/2021 10:11 AM

Communists are Right to eliminate President Trump from political office he stood up to China the Russians Iran North Korea he is in the process of bring peace to the Middle East the NATO nations don't like paying for security it appears they European Nations are helping China and Russia why do those countries need protection? President wanted to abolish the 230 bill protecting large social outlets the feeble Congress thought better and now the the first amendment is eroding this Congress is pathetic in keeping America American and more like the CCP. Thanks to all of Congress for your SELF serving!

• Bruce Wilson

01/11/2021 10:10 AM

I have been a subscriber of yours for quite a while now and I agree with most everything you say, but now I guess you feel like you have to fall in line with the Democrats and RINOs and condemn Trump’s “rhetoric” whatever that means. Trump is speaking for us and he only says the things that we can’t say. He has said absolutely NOTHING that caused what happened at the capital last week. As videos and eyewitnesses have shown, the barricades were moved by officials at the capital and allowed the protesters in even after windows were broken and forced open. It is obvious this was a setup by the Democrats to stop the objections to the electoral college votes. ANTIFA/BLM agitators were the ones who broke in while Trump supporters were shouting ANTIFA and asking them to stop. One eyewitness has said the barricades were moved and protesters began climbing the steps almost 2 hours before the Trump supporters even arrived at the capital. This was just another attempt to vilify Trump and you seem to have jumped on that bandwagon.

• Ronnie L Wendt

01/11/2021 10:02 AM

I agree. My question for you is this. How do we make our views known? Especially if we are afraid of having our own businesses and livelihoods "cancelled"? Obviously I cannot afford to take a stand and lose business. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

• Tom Atkins

01/11/2021 09:59 AM

Well said, Governor. I completely agree.

• Dennis boettner

01/11/2021 09:20 AM

I agree no violence.but if you won't listen and think the right has no voice people won't put up with that.

• Torricella

01/11/2021 09:18 AM

Trump incited nothing. We were at the rally. On Monday night, it was reported that four Antifa buses had been police escorted into DC. There is now plenty of videos of Antifa amongst the crowd and Trump supporters yelling at them to stop. Just because the corrupt news media is trying to make it sound like it was Trump and his supporters doesn't mean it's true. Trump's speech was like all others. If you haven't figured out that we are living in a very different country than the one you grew up in, I have no need to read your writings. Wake up! Watch Rudy Giuliani's video on Rumble about that day. That is what happened! Taken down from youtube as soon as he posted it. I wonder why.

• Jeff Bell

01/11/2021 09:08 AM

Mr Huckabee I think you are mistaking on who broke into the Capitol. There is too much security at the Capitol is very high. What happened on Wednesday to the security? Why was it not there? They had been paid off! Why did security resign? Pay off! The Dem's caused all of those problems for their benefit. No one can really question that! Now they want all of these Senators to resign because they used the Constitution just like the Dems have in 2000, 2004 and 2016. Guess that means Nancy should resign also!!!!

• Pete Raynor

01/11/2021 08:53 AM

Mike,
    Thank you for your insightful article and encouragement. I would like to point out though that many, if not most of the "mob" that broke into the Capitol were Antifa thugs. I have seen videos and eye witnesses that support this.

• Donavon Rasmuson

01/11/2021 08:50 AM

Amen!

• Terry Ingle

01/11/2021 08:44 AM

Unfortunately Governor the law as we have known it is gone. There is no law anymore. Those that were in charge of creating fair laws are gone and we are now ruled by a dictatorship that can create edicts to their liking that apply only to us and not to them. We see in China and N.Korea that those that follow blindly are well taken care of and those that don't starve and live in poverty. We are now at war. It is here.

• Phil Younger

01/11/2021 08:39 AM

Completely agree Mike.
    I really wanted to see the election issues discussed in congress and these knot-heads by intent or by stupidity stopped that. I would really like to know who all the people were who go in and their backgrounds so we understand why this happened . I would also like to know if someone really did allow access.
    I'm afraid now the focus will be on blind retribution rather than study of the flaws of the election process. This will not be calming to the masses.

• Paula Dressel

01/11/2021 08:16 AM

Well said Mr. Huckabee! Thank you for your continued voice of reason and service to God and country!

• Sheryon Rogers

01/11/2021 08:02 AM

I think the ' mob' was paid by the left to do this deed. Thank you ingredients our president.

• Marci Howard

01/11/2021 07:49 AM

Do some research, Mike. Antifa played a large role in what happeneded at the Capitol. Look at the timeline of events. And, please, you think 75 million people should accept a stolen election? If you think we will ever have another free & fair election after this you aren't as smart as I thought you were. The purge is already happening even before Biden is sworn in. I'm sorry, but he will never be the legitimate president and this country will never recover from the damage his administration will do. Forget 2022 or 2024 - i don't care how many of us vote for constitutional patriots, the elections will be rigged. After the 20th all election fraud will be swept under the rug & NO ONE will be punished for the crimes committed. We will become a satellite country of China. We have no champions left. There is no Washington or Jefferson prepared to fight to preserve the republic. As usual, Republicans are capitulating and bowing before the radical Democrats. While 75 - 80 million voters can show their displeasure at the polls, it won't matter as our candidates will have no chance of being elected.

• Jenny A Warren

01/11/2021 06:41 AM

I really like you and I love your daughter but if you think that we will ever have a fair election again if we do not stand up now you are crazy. I am a Christian and I believe in doing things the right way but the Bible tells us there is a time for everything. It may just be a time for war if the Democrats take over. They are already beginning their war on us and I for one will not set back and become their slaves.

• Glenda Nolan Daniel

01/11/2021 06:03 AM

Can we get a list of the companies who feel they cannot either support conservatives or be neutral? I would rather not purchase their items. I have heard Coke is one -- but I don't drink Cokes anyway.

• Cynthia Rucker

01/11/2021 06:01 AM

Thank you Mike for standing up for Trump supporters. We do not want violence, we want fairness. I am terrified for the future of our country. Please don't stop leading the way to help us have our voices heard.