January 8, 2021

Our initial condemnation of the Capitol Hill violence has, so far, drawn close to 600 responses. It’ll take a while to go through them all, but here are a few examples from across the opinion spectrum…

From Sherry:

You are so right! This election is so wrong, but this is what we have. The Republican Party is better than this; this is NOT how we behave. Even listening to our President was very disappointing. Somehow the Republicans need to be tough and stand up. We have got to be better than what we show and be stronger! I'm sorry our President lost but HE did NOT help our cause by much he has to say. Our elections need to be better.

From the Gov:

Thanks, Sherry. One important note: Even if elections are tainted by fraud, we HAVE to continue voting. If Georgia Republicans had voted in their senatorial run-offs at the same level they voted on Nov. 3, we'd still have the Senate. People who stayed home turned the whole government over to leftists. Remember: the closer the margin, the easier the fraud!

From David:

As an avid listener and reader of your material and a big fan of yours, I have to disagree. I don't condone violence but "We the People" are fed up with the hypocrisy of our government. Sometimes we need to take a stand and take our country back. As a Christian and a conservative, I will do what's necessary to protect my God given liberties. God bless you and your family!

From the Gov:

David, I appreciate that you wrote, but this action did not “take our country back.” It SET our country back and gave the left a gift tied with a big blue ribbon. With everything good that Trump should be remembered for, his legacy has been largely destroyed, at least for now, by a relatively small group of protesters. We have to find better ways to protect our liberties, ways that don’t backfire spectacularly as this one has.

From William:

My SPIRIT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN! THE TRUST HAS BEEN SHATTERED! HENCEFORTH I WILL STRIVE STRICTLY TO DO MY DUTY FOR GOD, FAMILY, AND THERE IS VERY LITTLE CAN BE DONE FOR OUR REPUBLIC! ALL MY LIFE POLITICIANS LIE, STEAL AND KILL! THEY START WARS TO KILL OUR YOUNG MEN AND VOTE TO KILL THE UNBORN! I AM RETIRED AND BEEN DISABLED 18 YEARS, HAVE HAD 21 SURGERIES, WAS CAPTAIN 27 YEARS, AND SERVED 32 YEARS IN THE HOUSTON FIRE DEPARTMENT. GROWING UP IN A MILITARY FAMILY, DAD FOUGHT IN NORMANDY-GERMANY-FRANCE, AND KOREA, AND MOM WAS A NAVY NURSE IN WWII. BROTHERS ARMY, AIR FORCE AND MARINES! I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE MAD AND I BELIEVE MILLIONS OF AMERICANS LOVE OUR LAND ARE VERY ANGRY AND THIS WILL NOT GO AWAY ANY TIME SOON! AMERICAS ENEMY ARE CONGRESS AND THE SENATE! THEY ARE ALWAYS AGAINST "WE THE PEOPLE"! PASTOR HUCKABEE I LOVE YOU AND TRULY BELIEVE YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN MANY LIVES AND YOUR SHOW IS GREAT.

From the Gov:

Thank you; I’m glad you like the show. William, we’re all angry and have a right to be. But just lashing out is not going to help the cause of conservatism, and this time, it did a tremendous amount of damage.

We’re in no position to condemn violence on the Angry Left if we’re going to use the same tactics. We can’t become the very thing we hate. The double standard exists, to be sure, as those on the left get away with violence, and as realists we have to be mindful of that when contemplating our actions, as they will be turned and used against us by the left whenever possible. The challenge will be how to channel this anger into responses that will do some good. If I CAN make a difference right now, I hope it will be in helping more people understand this.

From Nick:

I am saddened by the violence. If these people were Trump supporters, it makes us all look bad. Trump did rile up the crowd when stating there would be ‘fireworks’. The media will label all Trump supporters as overzealous conspiracy theorists. My brother says I look silly when I say the election was stolen. He tells me to be quiet. Indicative of the left’s view of us all!

From the Gov:

Thanks for writing, Nick. Unfortunately, all true, except for the part about you looking silly. Don't let your brother intimidate you.

From Gennifer (excerpt):

Yes, January 6th events in Washington were unfortunate. This is an example of Conservatives being pushed to a breaking point. No person is strong enough to watch day after day, month after month cities being decimated AND nothing was/is done about it and, what’s worse, no one cared...I am one of the people who are outraged over the Presidential election. I might have been more accepting of the results had ANY of the profound evidence been examined by anyone of authority. One more example of adding kindling to the fire!

From Karen (excerpt):

I agree with you. Our Constitution should be followed to the letter. But where was the SCOTUS? They could have stopped all this...By not ruling on the States not following their own Constitution, the States brought forward illegitimate electoral votes. THIS FACT is what lit the powder keg. This is America, we are Americans and we get mad when our rights are infringed upon…All we asked for, or wanted, was an honest election. We would have tolerated a legitimate Biden win. It was not a legitimate win; we have been blocked from proving either way. And now, God worshipping, law abiding, Deplorables are ANGRY!

From the Gov:

Completely understandable. Even so, Karen, we cannot allow ourselves to be the powder keg. The left WANTED to ignite it. Just two days later, we’re already getting an idea of how they plan to use this turn of events. Plus, they’re blaming Trump –- Biden is grotesquely exaggerating on that point –- to the extent that they’re now talking about impeachment (again) or using the 25th Amendment to destroy any political future he might have. Maybe the rioters intended to “help” Trump, but they hurt him immeasurably. If they wanted to change the course of history, they certainly did, but in a very, very bad way.

The way to help Trump would have been to have all 200,000 people show up in peaceful support of him, while legislators offered words of wisdom and truth inside the chamber. Imagine how differently that would have played. How I wish we could get in the Way-Back Machine and go back two days to fix this, but we can’t.

Finally, this from Nancy:

I, too, am appalled at the violence and disrespect shown for our institutions. I share the belief that the election results were fraudulent, but they will not be overturned by behavior that echoes the despicable rioting of the anarchists. I am praying for America that God's mercy would heal our land. I am praying that He will foil the plans of the wicked and give wisdom and courage to His followers.

From the Gov:

Thanks, Nancy. Wisdom and courage are definitely what we need right now. Certainly we all must exercise that wisdom to see what you have pointed out –- that even a fraudulent election will not be overturned by violence. That just results in tragedy and compounds the problems we and our country face.

I’ll end by offering some stories told by people who were there in the crowd on Wednesday, describing what it was like for them that day and what they think of what happened.

• Beverly McFarland

01/08/2021 02:23 PM

I’m disappointed in you. If you watch a decent news channel you will CLEARLY see the evidence that the rioters were bussed in Antifa. Even the photos were staged. If you here the full unedited so each by OUR PRESIDENT you will hear he encouraged people to remain peaceful and go home. Tell me how does a secure Whit House get broken into so easily? Do more research!!! President Trump has done a lot for America and I believe he will do a lot more.

• Kara cavaness

01/08/2021 02:23 PM

The protesters that caused the violence on Wed were the antifa that the dems sent and they were dressed up as trump supporters. They did the violence. The Trump supporters were older or families. Why isnt anyone truthful any more?

• Emma C Williams

01/08/2021 02:18 PM

Let’s remember that it was the Democrats who first disrespected the presidency by refusing to attend the inauguration, by constantly badgering a great president of the people from day one by calling on constituents to do harm to patriotic Republicans. Once again the Democrats have been allowed to condone violence, burning of police stations, and businesses by bailing these people (I use that term loosely) out and putting them on our streets to do it again. I’m a Texan living in OK so God has blessed me to be outside all this madness. I wish Texas would secede. I’d be in my car on my way home to support them in any way I can.

• Norman Scott

01/08/2021 02:18 PM

What we all love about President Trump is that he is a fighter and his willingness to stand for the people of this great country. For him to stand up to the rampant voter fraud in the swing states is commendable. Too bad the Supreme Court didn’t do their job in examining evidence of voter fraud. President Trump presented his case to 250,000 patriots, January 6th. It was powerfully delivered and certainly not encouraging violence. Just because a small fraction of the group took this to far with violence in the capital does not negate the fact their was massive voter fraud that needs to be cleaned up! The Democratic Party lied about the Russian collusion hoax, Ukraine impeachment, kavanah confirmation, and the mob violence of Antifa and BLM. They are spinning this capital violence trying to destroy President Trump and the people that support him! Let us stand and not give up!

• Candice Anne LaCroix

01/08/2021 02:17 PM

One point that everyone on here missed is the FACT that the violent protestors were Antifa and planted at the Capitol, via a bus, to destroy the Patriots peaceful rally and destroy President Trump!

• Jennifer Scott

01/08/2021 02:16 PM

The violence was horrible at the Capitol. I wish people would quit blaming the President.As a teacher, I constantly taught students that they were responsible for their own actions. I also wish our Republican elected leaders had supported Sen. Cruz and the 11 other senators in their endeavor to right a wrong that affects our entire nation. I know God has a plan.

• Kathryn Striley

01/08/2021 02:15 PM

I wonder if anyone besides me has considered the possibility that those who broke into the building and caused so much trouble weren't Trump supporters at all, but left-wingers who were organized, and possibly paid, to break in and make Trump look bad.

I love your newsletter and your TBN TV show! We need many more CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS peaceably working for and speaking out for conservative values !! I appreciate that you are one!

• Dennis Heinrichs

01/08/2021 02:14 PM

I truly believe that the rioting was staged by the Dems to distract from how terrible the congress handled the electoral process. It is also being used to support their narrative that Trump is evil and needs to be removed immediately. I pray that the election fraud is continued to be investigated and the fraud will be exposed. If this election can be manipulated at this level, our ability to vote for change will be eliminated.

You mentioned that republican voting was flat in Georgia. My take is there was fraud in the voting process and the republican vote count was repressed since the ground work was set by Mr. Lin Wood as a call to boycott the voting. Played well into the hands of the democrats.

Continue to bring the truth to us on your show. Thanks for listening.

• Jeff Bell

01/08/2021 02:08 PM

Everyone knows that the Democrats were behind everything on Wednesday. They arranged for Antifa/BLM to be there and cause the trouble. Pelosi's son in law was getting his photo taken with the highest profile planted Antifa crisis actor right before Fake Police Actors ushered them right into unsecured Capitol. Then if everyone was so upset with the serious attach why did they come right back into the chambers with their well rehearsed speeches. Just more election fraud. What really happened to all of the Capitol security? Were they all at lunch? Wonder if the checking accounts should be checked for payouts for standing down. Especially people who have resigned. Then you had the Democrats taking all of the pictures with themselves with the Gas Mask. Really might make a good prison picture. I am really disappointed in all of the Republicans who backed down and believed all the press reports against Trump. They really should have learned in over 5 years that nothing the Democrats have said about Trump has been true. I now stupid Congress people should all be checked out just to see the corruption. But it will not do any good because the corruption starts at the top with Biden. Funny how nothing was ever done to stop anyone who was corrupt but the scared Congress tried to take down a wonderful President who has been for the People and not for himself.

• Toni metherall

01/08/2021 02:08 PM

Watch the “miracle “happen with vaccines. States cannot even get their act together to administer the first but wait—how about the second?? Biden will think he is a hero to his “followers” but the truth will show. The media will whitewash any failures.

• Mary Robinson

01/08/2021 02:06 PM

If there had been no violence the outcome would have been the same. The Establishment would have found a way. We the people have passively let them destroy our cities, and our nation. Please prove to me that I am wrong.

• Peter BURNHAM

01/08/2021 02:06 PM

Gov. Huckabee- if Trump had won reelection, this time, then the conservative movement ( alias Republicans) would have had to fight this stuff 4 years from now. We'd be looking for a new candidate for 2024. We're looking for a new candidate in 2022 and 2024. I'm thinking alot of people are going to be changing from blue to red in the next 2-4 years if Biden and Harris go thru with their agenda of pushing America to socialism, etc. He comes higher taxes and another recession.
    I keep seeing ads on here about would you have voted for Barack Obama on a 3rd term. The answers don't list a hell NO. Where does he get off thinking he deserves a 3rd term. He's just another mad black man that 1 term was enough.

• Carol Pile

01/08/2021 02:05 PM

Most of the comments and replies so far seem to indicate that the rioting, violence, etc. at the Capitol Building was done by conservative protesters, while it has already been shown elsewhere that members of antifa were at least in on it, if not leading the charge. This was not all done by conservatives despite the media reports and the leftists claiming it was all "right-wing protesters". But there will never now be a fair or accurate report on exactly what went on, because the left - AND the deep-state Republicans have finally had their chance to "get" President Trump. As for the 25th amendment, look for it to be invoked soon against Joe Biden so that Kamala Harris can become President. God, help America!

• Alvin Nellis

01/08/2021 02:03 PM

If the election laws of the states aren't corrected by the states and rules of laws not followed the elections won't carry the integrity needed to stop the fraud. We witness this in 2020 election and mail in ballots was the chaos with vote counts. The problem with voting machines was clear. Fix the problem or votes won't matter 136 million registered voters 75m for Trump 81m for Biden this the problem.

• Vicki Plante

01/08/2021 02:00 PM

I believe the violence was not Trump supporters but paid antifa who intentionally started the violence to give the left more ammunition against us. Even the Republican leaders have turned their backs on us and are embracing the Democrats and very quickly we’ve been betrayed again. The left wants civil war. Get rid of us they won’t have anyone stopping them.

• Kathleen Brandi

01/08/2021 01:59 PM

What is so upsetting to me is that no one is calling out the violence for what it was. ANTIFA. Most likely egged on by the democrat party to get exactly the results they got. Republicans in leadership have turned their back on Trump to protect themselves instead of calling out the democrat party for their role in promoting violence. I’m sick of all of it. Trump did not encourage violence. He is the only person in leadership that actually cares about the American people.

• Jenny Henry

01/08/2021 01:58 PM

All of the unrest belongs in the Governors and sate officials laps making up rules as they go without the people’s consent. I mean how many times can the machines go off in Georgia and counting continues! It was Illegal and no one does a thing. Joe didn’t come close to winning this election and we all know it was rigged, just like when Obama got his second term when no one voted for him. I am angry. I want people punished for their wrongs.

• Janet Fletcher

01/08/2021 01:51 PM

Please fight for the fraud in this election and expose it! If you don't fight for fraud now, there will never be a Republican in office again. It is never too late to expose lies and corruption. AG, Vice President, Supreme Court, all Democrats and most swamp Republicans hate Trump because they lost power and wealth during his four year.

• Patricia Lawson

01/08/2021 01:50 PM

Amen to all above!! I know this is all in God's hand, he knows it before it started!! We are living in the last days, and it would be long before he takes out his children and adopted children. I pray that more people will begin to think about their future and where will they go when He comes. May Americans and other countries will open their eyes, hearts and soul to let YOU into their heart, speak your Word, to accept you as they Only True God, In Jesus Name I pray!! Time is short!!

• Becky Hargrovewhy is it

01/08/2021 01:48 PM

Why is it that the left can burn our cities and tear down our Monuments and Governers tell the police to stand down and not call in the national Guards then when the right does something similar they are curcified?

• Patricia Craft

01/08/2021 01:47 PM

Hi Governor Huckabee, I was just thinking this morning I need some spiritual guidance. I have read a spectrum of FB responses by well meaning Christians hoping to give insight into how to react and "feel" about the election debacle we just experienced. From what I read in scripture elected officials are there for a Godly reason and we are to submit to their authority, however it also says we are to serve God, not man. With all the potential ungodly mandates and laws coming down the pike, how are we supposed to react and respond? Thank you.. Trish

• Sherman Smith

01/08/2021 01:43 PM

The rioters were not Trump supporters! Videos prove it! This was a set up! No question about it! Those who are responsible will suffer the vengeance of God!

• Jimmy R Lea

01/08/2021 01:43 PM

Just watched your interview on Fox, instead of condemning Trump you chose to tout his record. As if the previous 4 years will compensate for Wednesday’s irresponsible words and inciting insurrection. I guess you believe Peter would have asked us to remember Judas fondly, one moment of his life whitewashed by his previous work as a chosen disciple. Careful, Mike, I hear a feint voice crying “Give us Barabas!”

• Beth Tucciarone

01/08/2021 12:28 PM

Governor Huckabee,
    Thank you for providing a conservative viewpoint in our liberal world. I condemn all violence, but how can you blame President Trump? He has fought tirelessly for freedom & transparency. He didn’t give the order to invade the Capitol. Why should another person’s reprehensible acts taint his legacy? We are individually responsible for our choices, and the choices of those that committed crimes should be fully prosecuted & punished. Why was the Capitol breached so easily? You don’t think the Dems are above infiltrating Trump supporters to further their agenda, do you?
    Beyond that, I have questions. Now what?
    We played by the rules. We prayed, we voted, we contributed. 74 million of us are disenfranchised. Every branch of government is complicit in the steal. We’ve established we can’t trust the election process. We’ve discovered our representatives will squelch us in our efforts to forensically audit the vote. Did Vice President Pence shirk his duties?
    The standard response is our vote is our voice, but I voted & I don’t feel heard. Where do we go from here?

• Nita Downum

01/08/2021 12:27 PM

I have been following up on the violence at the Capitol and the more I’m convinced that it was Antifa and BLM that did this.. Some patriots were sucked into their evil and not willing to participate. I feel it was rigged by the Democrats and some Republicans to allow these evil thugs to do what they did. So please don’t say or act like it was the patriots that did this. I am so sick of the cover-up and lies. This was Satan at work and still is. This is a spiritual war and God is still on the throne.