Illegal migrants to "sanctuary cities"

April 13, 2019

I find it hilarious to watch President Trump troll his opponents because they never seem to realize how he baited the hook for them, and they chomp down on it every time.

Latest case in point was his suggestion that he might load up buses with illegal migrants and drop them off in “sanctuary cities.”  After all, the border facilities are overflowing, largely because word is out that if you make to America, you can go to a liberal sanctuary city and be shielded from the law and federal deportation facilities.  And since the liberals who promote those policies love to climb on their high horses and lecture the rest of us about all the positive things that illegal immigrants contribute to their communities, then they should be more than happy to take all Trump wants to send.

Strangely enough, that’s not how they’re reacting to Trump’s suggestion. Typical was the full-blown meltdown by Nancy “San Francisco” Pelosi, whose spokesperson called Trump’s suggestion “despicable,” even “criminal” (so they do actually know what a “criminal” is?) and said, “The extent of this Administration’s cynicism and cruelty cannot be overstated.”

Granted, San Francisco and L.A. might not be as nice as a border detention facility, but I’d hardly call it “cruel” to move migrants there.  Besides, I thought they loved and welcomed as many illegal immigrants as could stream across the border.  Or do they only love them when they’re in the backyards of people on the border, but “not in their own backyards”?

I’m sure Trump is laughing with glee that they are giving the world such a stellar demonstration of their dishonesty, hypocrisy and…dare I say it? I dare…cynicism.

Of course, if wealthy liberals in places like San Francisco have a “Not In My Back Yard” attitude toward illegal immigrants, it wouldn’t be the first time they’ve pulled a NIMBY move toward poor people they claim to champion.  It wouldn’t even be the first time in the last two weeks.

• Firewagon

04/13/2019 07:21 PM

Have the most beautiful vision of the look on Pelosi's mug, as she watches out of her living room window, in her gated community, the dozens of buses unloading the 'catch and release' illegals from just one day's round up! As a humanitarian display, our benevolent government would erect a 'tent city,' under the watchful eye of the Speaker, of course, in which they would be housed, until more acceptable lodging, inside Nancy's gate, are made available....

• Gretchen Smith

04/13/2019 07:04 PM

I absolutely love the way our potus stirs the libtard demorats up and then reels them in.. everyday I thank God we have potus and pray for his safety.

• Bernadette Dillon

04/13/2019 06:12 PM

I 100% support President Trump filling buses, trains and planes and sending these people to New York city, Sacramento, San Francisco, and Pelosi and Cuomo's backyards. Let's send Fox News, Rachel Maddie to watch Pelosi's reaction and Cuomo's reaction to these people climbing or going under their fences to squat on their properties! Will the real Pelosi, Cuomo, and Newsome please stand up!!!!!

• Mary F Tomlin

04/13/2019 05:55 PM

If folks can get to these illegals before they get to the border and give them the words to say which will guarantee they can stay, why doesn't someone give them an address in a sanctuary city? I understand that if they have an address, they will be sent there.

• Angela L Lawson

04/13/2019 05:38 PM

It certainly is "not as asinine", Gavin Newsom, (as reported on CBS This Morning) as Democrats who absolutely refuse to admit we have a crisis at Our Southern Border! How many immigrants is Nancy Pelosi planning on taking in? These Liberal Democrats talk out of both sides of their mouths, when the issues are put on their own doorsteps!!! Do your jobs, Liberal Democrats, work with President Trump on immigration reform instead of sitting on your thumbs and spinning!!!! Get something accomplished besides whining about your "Trump Derangement Syndrome"!!!!!

• Frank Sola

04/13/2019 05:29 PM

Let's take a collection ,for bus tickets for anyone who wants to go to a sanctuary city. Don't make it government sponsored bur a non-profit and give the migrants a list to pick which city they prefer. I think it's a great idea. Let's just make the sanctuary cities accept the mugrants. My $100 donation is ready when you are ready Mike!

• Dawna Davenport

04/13/2019 05:15 PM

Having grown up on the San Francisco peninsula all my life (60 years there), but now residing in Arizona, I’ve watched San Francisco become a total cesspool of homeless people and illegals. The legal immigrants don’t want the illegals here. They’re taking the jobs from the legals by undercutting their pay. The democrats are acting worse than kindergartners. If they don’t get their way, they finger point to anyone with opposing views and try to vilify them. We now have an adult in the White House and it’s very refreshing. The democrats put all their eggs in the Mueller Report, then had a tantrum when they didn’t get the result they were expecting. Now they’re trying to vilify Bill Barr because he hasn’t given them the result they want. Will this ever end? I want to protest my tax dollars going to the salaries of any democrat in our government because they have done nothing to help this country or its people. Have the democrats written or passed one bill? I haven’t heard of any. All they’ve done is act like spoiled brats who haven’t gotten their way. It’s an embarrassment. We may be deplorables, but they’re despicable!

• Lupe Beltran

04/13/2019 04:42 PM

I remember when Obama was dropping off migrants to unsuspecting cities across the USA..... I believe they were about to dump some in San Diego and when they got wind of it, there were protesters objecting and successfully stopping the bus-load of migrants. I guess it's ok for Obama to do this to unsuspecting cities. I think Pelosi should be elated to receive her "anticipated voting illegal immigrants" in her vineyard. She can provide jobs and shelter for them.....

• Elaine Romanias

04/13/2019 04:38 PM

I agree with you...it is entertaining to watch the reactions to Trump's idea. Wow, what an amazing reaction! Also amazing are the rude comments about Attorney General Barr, who certainly didn't need this job but is doing his best to share the report legally! With the border in crisis, how can any of the Congressmen take a VACATION!!!!!?????

• Mary Ann Hartzler

04/13/2019 04:24 PM

Good for there, but not for me, right? Do the Dimms even realize how transparent their hypocrisy is? Maybe they don't care, so they think we don't care either. They're wrong, of course, but they don't care about that either. They're not even useful idiots anymore, they're just idiots.

• stephen citron

04/13/2019 04:21 PM

I live in the state of "Kommifornicate", and think that the idea of sending the over flow of ILLEGAL ALIENS to "Frisco", L.A., or better yet, "Silicon Valley". Will only add to the proof that these clowns are all for "NIMBY", and not a bit aware they are so hypocritic, lying, and vile.
    they had better do some REAL prayer and asking for forgivness, with TRUE heart, or suffer for ever.

• Tony Hinton

04/13/2019 04:07 PM

The Democrats ARE Communist. The Democratic Platform & The Communist Manifesto Are One & The Same. But letting Illegal Aliens in, even in a Sanctuary City means they are IN the U S & they WILL quickly leave to other parts on the country. Here in Georgia, There Are MILLIONS of them. They Are DESTROYING the Construction Trades. SOMEONE HAS GOT TO DEAL WITH THIS OR AMERICANS ARE HEADED INTO REAL DANGER !!

• Margaret B Sands

04/13/2019 04:07 PM

I think he should really do it. Send them all there . That way they can keep them and not spread out there illegal voting anywhere else. Love the idea!!

• Shauna dickerson

04/13/2019 03:58 PM

I'm really amazed that Nancy and her followers would be so open and transparent with their hypocrisy. Have they no shame? The Democrat presidential wannabees spouting about how much the love any and all who invade out borders - I'd say, put your back yard, bathrooms and kitchens where your mouths have been. I understand the plight of these people coming to our borders, I really do. But there has to be law, and order, and reason and also sanctity of our borders.

• Linda Pratt

04/13/2019 03:32 PM

I am shocked at the Democrats response! They've been offered an olive branch. They have their own laws in their Sanctuary cities to protect illegal aliens and they have championed the immigrant family and their need for them in their communities. I thought they had these systems in place to help. This is temporary until each person goes through the asylum process, right? Where did they think the people would go while they wait since it is dangerous to leave them in Mexico (the Mexican government aught to respond to this one)? Anywhere but THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD is the obvious answer. This is hypocrisy at it's highest!

• Jerry Korba

04/13/2019 03:20 PM

I had fun with my comment yesterday I really wish it could happen a big tent city on her property she could be inspirational to the migrants that their illegal behavior could get them a better situation by watching Nanci perform bigger illegal behavior or she could bus them over to Hillary Clintons Mansion and show what illegal behavior can get you one more stop she can bus them over to Maxine watters joint to get an look at her place also nanci can tell them you really do not have to be intelligent to have a mansion like this only in America can you be as stupid as you want and make 200000 year by saying impeach 45 or you can say I got the gravel such a warm person that maxie baby is and real cute. Mike you are so right I can't see how Donald keeps a straight face while baiting the hook for these CARP. ( a bottom feeding scavenger found in polluted water) ok maybe not polluted water I did not wish to credit the Dems.

• Harold Levi

04/13/2019 03:17 PM

Mr. President, Sir, you don't have a hair on you ass if you do not carry through with shipping the illegals to the sanctuary cities!!!! Do It, Do It, Do It, ad nauseam.

• Chris McClintock

04/13/2019 03:16 PM

That had to be the funniest “catch” ever!! Yeah people are only concerned with themselves when they don’t know what it like ( or don’t care) when the situation is not at their back door. Tucker on Fox probably had his best show ever on it last night. It felt so good to laugh that hard! He hit the hammer on the nail.

• Jerry Sutherland

04/13/2019 03:06 PM

Nancy Pelosi's residence should be ground zero for such an offense. You'd be able to hear her cry "uncle" all the way to DC. President Trump's ability to use their stupidity against them gives me grounds for hope while his in your face attitude is very much like my own. America is sick and tired of being kicked while down and we need to return the favor in spades.

• Robert McFate

04/13/2019 03:04 PM

Huck; Ever read the book "Games People Play"? If you have you would know that Trump is a games master. He has used many of their two faced standards to counter them and they can't figure out what is going on. That book came out over 40 years ago so with their trying to get rid of history they don't even know it exists.

• Norman Leal

04/13/2019 03:01 PM

Great idea. You ought to hear politicians out here is California. Trying to blame President Trump as it's being unfair.

• Stephen Russell

04/13/2019 03:01 PM

Downside to move Illegals: more voters for Dems unless they C the Dems for who they really are.
    Otherwise I say Yes
    Use school buses idle to ship to all states IE cities defined as Sancturary Zones like IL just signed up for.
    Give em to Pelosis district, etc.
    Bus em up in masse