Latest News

January 24, 2024

Not all leftists have hopped aboard the censorship train --- some actually are quite fond of the first Amendment and actively promote the free expression of diverse views.  The far left has gone so crazy trying to squelch whatever they choose to call “misinformation” that the term “civil libertarian” or “classical liberal” might be a better way to classify these (former?) leftists.  Glenn Greenwald, who co-founded THE INTERCEPT but resigned in 2020 after they censored one of his stories critical of Biden, is one of these.  He has no problem shredding the Democrat Party whenever he sees this as appropriate.

Matt Vespa (most definitely not a leftist) at TOWNHALL has a piece about Greenwald’s appearance January 7 on a ZEROHEDGE panel discussing January 6.  There were a variety of viewpoints represented, even Alex Jones’, and Vespa has to give credit to Greenwald for “not being afraid to discuss any issue with anyone.”

“Kanekoa the Great” and others posted on X a series of clips, entertainingly edited to turn them into a Three Stooges-style slap down, in which Greenwald deftly deconstructs the narrative that January 6 was a coup or “insurrection” and that nonviolent people deserved to be detained as “conspirators.”

Speaking of J6 protesters getting treatment they did not deserve, one incident that’s receiving attention with the release of more video was the severe facial injury caused by a rubber bullet being shot from a 40-millimeter grenade launcher right into a man’s face.

This violates Metro Police general orders.  According to veteran SWAT team supervisor and expert on excessive force Steven Hill, this equipment is designed to strike and incapacitate armed or violent individuals who are outside the range of officers.  Officers trained in its use learn that an impact to someone’s head, neck, central chest or spine can cause serious bodily injury or death.  In this case the bullet tore the man’s lip off, disfiguring him, and reportedly took some teeth with it as well.

This man was identified as 30-year-old Michael Dickinson of Philadelphia.  After he was hit, not one officer, including the shooter, intervened with any kind of medical aid, though people in the crowd were pleading that he was seriously hurt, bleeding and needed help.      

But exactly nine months later, on October 6, Dickinson did finally get the attention of law enforcement, when he was apprehended by the FBI in a pre-dawn raid and charged with multiple offenses:  "Assaulting, Resisting or Impeding Certain Officers, Civil Disorder, Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds, Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds, Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds, Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building, Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings."

He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to six months’ incarceration, plus 3 years of probation and a $2,000 fine.  Yes, he HAD gotten rowdy and absolutely should not have done that, but considering he was “armed” only with a bucket of water and a paper cup, he was wildly outmatched by the cop with the grenade launcher.

LAW & CRIME’s write-up from the day after his arrest glosses over his injury, simply mentioning in passing that he had “sustained facial injuries from a rubber bullet.”  It also said the FBI had obtained his hospital records from January 6 and 7.  The news that he had been shot in the face with a grenade launcher by a Metro Police officer came later.

Leave a Comment

Note: Fields marked with an * are required.

Your Information
Your Comment
BBML accepted!

More Stories

No Comments