THE MORNING EDITION By Mike Huckabee
Good morning! Here are some stories from me that I think you will want to read.
1. QUESTION: WHY WEREN'T RINGLEADERS IN CAPITOL HILL BREACH ARRESTED?
Who thinks Nancy Pelosi’s “9/11-style commission” to investigate what happened on Capitol Hill last January 6 is actually there to fact-find? Me, neither. But I’ll tell you who's doing some first-rate investigation and reporting on the security breach at the Capitol building, and it’s not congressional Democrats or this administration’s Department of “Justice.”
It’s REVOLVER NEWS. But what they seem to be uncovering does not fit with the narrative Democrats want to maintain. In fact, it’s what they want to hide.
An Arizona man named Ray Epps, a Marine sergeant allegedly involved in the group the Oath Keepers, clearly was acting as a provocateur the evening before the rally. According to the REVOLVER report, “...Epps was insistent that everyone stay focused on a common mission: storming the Capitol. On multiple livestreams, Epps moves from group to group throughout the plaza barging in and insisting everyone ‘stay focused’ on ‘what we’re here for’ --- which he would then explain meant going inside the U.S. Capitol building. When asked to give a reason for his crazy plot, Epps would continually fall back on his catch-all rationale: ‘It’s about the Constitution.’” People in a couple of the groups he gave his little pep talk to even suggested that he might be “a Fed.”
You’d think that if the FBI were rounding up suspects to hold them for many months without bail, essentially as political prisoners, one person very close to the top of their list, if not THE top, would be this guy. But no. They had him on their “most wanted” list for a while, but when REVOLVER NEWS came out with their first big story, he was dropped off the list.
Not only did the FBI do that, but the day after REVOLVER ran another story on Stuart Rhodes, also of the Oath Keepers, they scrubbed Epps’ face from their database. Rhodes, like Epps, remains unindicted to this day, while others who might have just walked into the Capitol Building to take a selfie are languishing in solitary, some reportedly unable even to talk with their attorneys.
The videos of Epps, seen pretty widely on Twitter, show him talking with Trump supporters the evening of January 5, repeatedly encouraging them to enter the Capitol Building the day of the rally. He’s saying in a voice that cuts through the background noise, “I don’t even like to say it because I’ll be arrested. I’ll say it. We need to go into the Capitol.”
And now, the irony is that Epps seems to be one of relatively few people identified as having been involved in the security breach who WEREN’T arrested. But also unindicted are people who worked with him the day of the rally to, in the words of the REVOLVER team, “carry out a breach of the police barricades that induced a subsequent flood of unsuspecting MAGA protesters to unwittingly trespass on Capitol restricted grounds and place themselves in legal jeopardy.”
To give a little perspective, Epps was not even arrested, while another Oath Keeper, a Green Beret veteran named Jeremy Brown, is even now behind bars, bail denied until trial, simply for standing 100 feet too close to the Capitol steps. It hardly seems possible that the government isn’t protecting Epps.
Republican Rep. Thomas Massie asked Attorney General Merrick Garland about Epps’ activities during Garland’s recent hearing before the House Judiciary Committee, playing some of the video for him of Epps talking up the idea of going inside the Capitol. Unfortunately, it was played on a very small screen that Rep, Massie was holding, but the audio of Epps telling people they need to go inside the Capitol the next day is unmistakable.
Massie informed Garland that the same person who was doing this the night before the rally was actually directing people to the Capitol during the rally. Then he asked Garland if he –- after “one of the most sweeping investigations in history,” as Garland had called it –- had seen this video. Garland avoided the question with the old “we don’t comment on pending investigations” dodge. His deflection did have an extra dash of creativity, though, with Garland also saying it’s one of the “norms” of the Justice Department not to comment on “particular scenes or particular individuals.”
“I was hoping today to give you an opportunity to put to rest the concerns that people have that there were federal agents or assets of the federal government present on January 5 and January 6,” Massie said to Garland. “Can you tell us without talking about particular videos how many agents or assets of the government were present on January 6? Whether they agitated to go into the Capitol? And if any of them did?”
Garland would not address this at all. “I’m not going to violate this norm of the rule of law,” he said. “I’m not going to comment on investigation that’s ongoing.”
If Garland had wanted to allay Republicans’ concerns that the feds might have actively encouraged Trump supporters to breach the Capitol building, this would have been the perfect time to do it, with a denial. On the other hand, if Epps and others actually were working undercover as agents to make sure the “insurrection” happened, the excuse Garland cited would be a very convenient “norm” indeed.
For when you have time, REVOLVER NEWS has put together an amazing piece of investigative journalism. It’s quite long and detailed, but highly recommended. (If it’s too exhaustive, at least skip down to the conclusion.) I’ll just tell you that Ray Epps is not the only one who played an extremely active role in the breach but was mysteriously never arrested. To cite another striking example, another Marine veteran, still unidentified but called “MaroonPB,” was going around using the same “It’s about the Constitution” line as Epps did. He also removed barricades and entered Senate offices during the breach itself, armed with bear mace. No arrest for him. Not even an identification, though he is maskless and beautifully photographed, in such a way that shows off his distinctive knuckle tattoos.
The team at REVOLVER NEWS say they're just getting started. Look at everything they’ve uncovered so far, and it suggests the FBI has a way of actually becoming the thing it purportedly hates. In this case, it might even have caused, or helped cause, the Trump “insurrection” narrative needed so desperately by leftists to prime Trump for impeachment #2 and tar his supporters as "domestic terrorists." (Note: that does NOT excuse the Trump supporters who got swept into it and caused incalculable damage to the conservative cause.) We know the FBI helped fake the Russia Hoax; who knows what else they might have faked?
DAILY BIBLE VERSE
2. APPROVED: EMERGENCY VACCINES FOR CHILDREN: The FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee voted 17-0 to approve emergency use of COVID vaccines for children ages 5-11. There was one abstention, and another doctor expressed concerns that states would use this as a pretext to mandate vaccination of young children to go to school, but he voted for it anyway.
Another doctor said 40% of children probably already have natural immunity from exposure to COVID, and we should be vaccinating adults to protect kids, not the other way around. But the most disturbing comment came six hours into the eight-hour discussion from Dr. Eric Rubin, who said, “We’re never going to learn about how safe the vaccine is unless we start giving it, and that’s just the way it goes. That’s how we found out about rare complications of other vaccines.”
With many parents already concerned that the risks of vaccines to young children outweigh the risks of COVID, that implication that their children should be used as guinea pigs is just the kind of comment that’s guaranteed to make people trust public health authorities even less than they already do.
And speaking of guinea pigs and public health authorities who've lost credibility, that story about Dr. Anthony Fauci's NIH funding horrific experiments on beagle puppies was apparently only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the agency's funding of animal abuse. Here's a list of more, but I warn you, this might give you nightmares.
It will be ironic if Fauci survives all the other calls for his resignation for many good reasons only to be finally removed thanks to animal lovers, but I’ll take whatever works. And now, even PETA is demanding his resignation.
3. RELATED: JUST HOW DEADLY IS COVID-19?: It’s now almost two years since we all learned the term “COVID-19.” Most of us have lost someone we cared about to it and know it’s to be taken seriously. But we’ve lived through fears of it being another black plague and disinfecting everything we touch to the point where we now have vaccines, widespread natural immunity and effective treatments. Yet some people still want to continue draconian measures for years to come, as if we’re in the middle of an endless deadly plague.
That gives rise to an important question that we now have the data to answer: just how deadly is COVID-19? Here are the numbers, and they may surprise you.
America the Beautiful
This feature returns with images of America's cities, landscapes and people.
4. BIDEN WANTS TO MAKE ANOTHER FAILED, LOCAL DEMOCRAT POLICY A NATIONAL ONE: Let me explain something to Democrats in Washington: when the states act as laboratories for new ideas, you’re supposed to take only the successful experiments to adopt as national policies, not the failed ones. Yet California’s AB-5 law that’s killing the gig economy and worsening the supply chain crisis appears in a national version in Biden’s $3.5 trillion spendapaloosa bill.
And now, after leftwing district attorneys did away with cash bail and started letting criminals go free – which has contributed to a huge spike in crime in blue cities – President Biden announced that he plans to take that national, too, and ban setting cash bail for violent criminals.
This is tucked into his new 42-page National Strategy on Gender Equity and Equality, which has to be the most obvious attempt at distraction from what’s really going on since magicians discovered scantily-clad female assistants. Heaven knows, America has no pressing problems that need to be addressed, so it’s time for Biden and his cohorts to focus like a laser beam on “gender equity.”
By the way, part of the connection made between “criminal justice reform” (i.e., legalizing crime and letting criminals run amok) and “gender equity” is that violent crime against trans people is up. Yes, but that’s mostly because, thanks to these Bozos, violent crime against everyone is up. Murder is up 30% (35% in large cities), in the wake of leftist politicians releasing criminals while defunding the police. It’s the biggest annual increase in murders in 30 years.
Of course, Rep. Ilhan Omar, who is the living embodiment of this insane crime-superspreader policy, is now blaming the rise in violent crime on the police. Rep. Dan Crenshaw summed up her lunacy perfectly in one tweet:
5. VICTIMS OR RIOTERS?: Very interesting ruling from the judge in the case of Kyle Rittenhouse, accused of shooting three people during a BLM riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin (killing two and wounding the other.) Rittenhouse is pleading self-defense, his attorney arguing that video shows the people he shot were attacking him and one was about to shoot him. The judge ruled that the defense may call those who were shot “rioters,” “looters” or “arsonists,” because those terms refer to things they actually did that night. But the prosecutors can’t call them “victims” because that assumes Rittenhouse was guilty before the trial took place.
More details at the link, including the expected hair-on-fire responses from leftists on Twitter, whom I assume have no regard for due process laws to protect the rights of the accused when it’s someone they’re accusing.
6. NJ GOVERNOR MURPHY PLANS TO HIDE THE FOOTBALL UNTIL AFTER THE ELECTION: In New Jersey, Gov. Phil Murphy is running for reelection. He’s not very popular, but it’s assumed he’ll win because Democrats so outnumber Republicans. However, there may be a grassroots backlash after Project Veritas released a video showing a senior adviser to Murphy telling an undercover reporter that once he’s reelected, he’ll impose COVID vaccine mandates. But they’re keeping it secret to avoid losing the votes of Independents and undecided voters, "because they're into all that s---, ‘my rights, my s---.’" She added, "He will, but right now, it is about him winning."
I don’t know which is more indicative of today’s Democratic Party: that she shows utter contempt for voters’ intelligence, that she’s more than willing to lie to stay in power, or that she can’t even refer to citizens’ individual rights without dismissively comparing them to excrement.
7. THE LAST WE WILL HEAR OF THIS: This is a story I suspect we’ll hear more about, with reporters digging and digging to try to identify the Senator…although come to think of it, since it’s almost certainly a Democrat Senator, maybe this will be the last we ever hear of it.
HYMNAL: BLESSED ASSURANCE
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
By Fanny Crosby and Phoebe Palmer Knapp