Blessings on you and your family, and from all the Huckabee staff!
Today's newsletter includes:
- Bible Verse Of The Day
- "Huckabee" Preview
- Typical Leftist Behavior Alert
- Babbitt Lawsuit Planned
- Biden Uses Climate Crisis To Push Transformative Legislation
- More on Kerry/Iran
- Say THIS isn't true, please
- The Government Wants To Give You A Gift
- New Podcasts
- A Reader Writes Back...
- Inspirational Americans
BIBLE VERSE OF THE DAY
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
By Mike Huckabee
Join me tonight for a terrific new episode of “Huckabee” on TBN! I’ll talk about the left’s racist attacks on voting laws with outspoken North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson. You’ll meet a Huck’s Hero who’s a hero to people and dogs alike. Discover the man behind some of your favorite country hits, singer/songwriter Bill Nash. We’ll have lots of laughs with “In Case You Missed It” and the return of the hilarious Chonda Pierce. Then top it all off with a performance by Christian music superstar, Michael W. Smith.
It all comes your way tonight at 9 EST/8 CST, on TBN. To find out how you can watch TBN, from local cable and broadcast channels to streaming, visit https://www.huckabee.tv and click on “Channel Finder” on the top menu. You can stream previous episodes, highlights and online-only “Digital Exclusives,” including extended interviews, “In Case You Missed It” and “Facts of the Matter” segments, and extra performances by our great musical and comedy guests, all at https://www.huckabee.tv. You can also find past shows, highlights and digital exclusives on YouTube and my Facebook page.
Typical Leftist Behavior Alert
By Mike Huckabee
Rich, famous white liberal from New York condescendingly informs black conservative from the Deep South that he doesn’t understand what “systemic racism” is. The mind reels…
Babbitt Lawsuit Planned
By Mike Huckabee
A lawyer for the family of slain pro-Trump protester Ashli Babbitt announced that they plan to file a $10 million lawsuit against the Capitol Police within the next ten days. Babbitt was shot and killed by a Capitol officer on January 6th while unarmed and climbing through a broken window. An official investigation ruled that the officer, whose name has never been revealed, acted appropriately and should be returned to duty.
But the attorney said there were officers all around her in riot gear who could have helped peacefully arrest her. She was on a window ledge and not holding any weapon. The worst crime she was committing was misdemeanor trespassing. He said any rookie officer would have known to just arrest her, not shoot her in cold blood. Apparently, some high-ranking people in Washington don't know that, but maybe a $10 million civic suit will bring it to their attention.
Senate Confirms Bill Nelson To Head NASA
By Mike Huckabee
The Senate confirmed by consensus without a voice vote President Biden’s choice of former Florida Senator Bill Nelson to be the new head of NASA. Nelson promised to "help lead NASA into an exciting future of possibilities."
Unlike some other Biden nominees, Nelson actually has qualifications for the job, having grown up near Cape Canaveral and flown on the Space Shuttle Challenger in 1986. And as a NASA supporter, I wish him the best of luck. The chief concern about him is that he’s being put in charge of the agency that’s tasked with taking America into the future and the cutting edge of technology, and Nelson is 78 years old. But you can understand why nobody would want to suggest to Biden that some jobs might be too demanding for somebody who’s 78 years old.
Biden Uses Climate Crisis To Push Transformative Legislation
By Mike Huckabee
Speaking of climate hysteria, Biden is using the “climate crisis” (in Liberal Land, the border isn’t a crisis, but the weather is) as justification for massively expensive, economically ruinous and dangerously “transformative” legislation. They’ve whipped up so much fear over climate change that they even got Scientific American magazine to betray its name by agreeing to refer to “climate change” as the “climate crisis.” So then the science must finally be “settled” for real, with no qualified scientists questioning at all that the weather is going to kill us if we don’t give up all our rights and freedoms to Washington and start living in mud huts?
Not exactly. In addition to many other skeptical scientific voices, a brave former Obama Administration official is questioning Biden’s climate fear mongering. Dr. Steven Koonin is a scientist and the former undersecretary for science in the Department of Energy under Obama. Koonin says that the data in the UN’s IPCC panel report and the US’s National Climate Assessment shows no justification for Biden’s radical climate measures. He believes humans “exert a growing but physically small” influence on global warming and we need to lower CO2 emissions, but says much of the current public portrayal of climate science is agenda-driven, context-free misinformation designed to persuade, not inform.
In an article in the New York Post, Koonin writes that “humans have had no detectable impact on hurricanes over the past century, Greenland’s ice sheet isn’t shrinking any more rapidly today than it was 80 years ago," and “the global area burned by wildfires has declined more than 25 percent since 2003, and 2020 was one of the lowest years on record.”
He adds that “both research literature and government reports state clearly that heatwaves in the US are now no more common than they were in 1900, and that the warmest temperatures in the US have not risen in the past fifty years…When I tell people this, most are incredulous. Some gasp. And some get downright hostile.”
(This article is an excerpt from an upcoming book: https://www.amazon.com/Unsettled-Climate-Science-Doesnt-Matters/dp/1950665798?tag=nypost-20)
Read the full article, and note that hostile response to being told that the world isn’t ending. Sound familiar? It’s the same response you get from leftists when you tell them it’s no longer necessary to wear a facemask or that you think America is actually much less racist than it was in years past. They hate being told good news.
They honestly seem to relish holding a pessimistic view of everything and everybody, because only by believing that everything is terrible and heading for apocalypse can they convince us to give up our rights, power and money to them. But if you want things to get worse for real, put them in charge (something that Joe Biden is proving every day.)
I quote this often, but I can’t think of a more appropriate place to do so again. H.L. Mencken wrote it nearly a century ago: “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.”
More on Kerry/Iran
By Mike Huckabee
The Washington Free Beacon reports that, contrary to the State Department’s excuses, leaked audiotapes of Iran’s foreign minister indicate that he had no knowledge of Israel’s covert military operations against Iran in Syria until then-Secretary of State John Kerry told him.
This has incited calls from Congressional Republicans for Kerry to resign immediately and for an investigation to be launched. That is, if the DOJ isn’t too busy rooting through Rudy Giuliani’s garbage, trying to find any evidence that he, as a private citizen, was secretly colluding with some foreign nation.
Say THIS isn't true, please
By Mike Huckabee
Did you think that the Biden/Harris methods of dealing with illegal border crossings from Mexico couldn’t possibly get any stupider than they already are? Well, the President of Mexico thinks he can use their hysteria over the climate to convince them to try.
The Government Wants To Give You A Gift
By Mike Huckabee
Who doesn’t like a gift? Something given to me by another who spends his or her hard-earned money to provide something I need or maybe something I just want. But if I’m given what’s said to be a gift and then handed a bill to pay for it, is it a gift?
When the government says it wants to GIVE you something, you should ask whose money will pay for it? The politician who made the promise? Out of his or her personal money? Or will it actually be funded by you or even a total stranger using funds that were taken from you involuntarily through taxes or fees?
I’m sure hearing a lot of offers from the government that they want to give me some stuff-like free childcare, free college, free guaranteed income for life, and free medical care. That sounds pretty good since I’ve been paying for all that myself. But I’m not totally stupid. Somebody has to pay for it.
When you hear an elected official promise to give you something for free, ask these questions:
1. Who will really pay for it? Maybe you’re told some faceless big corporation will pay for it. But if you or someone in your family works for a big corporation, I hope you understand how taxing a corporation works. Truth is, corporations don’t pay taxes—they just collect taxes from their customers and pass them on to the government. To make up for the money they send to the government, they either raise their prices or they cut expenses. And sometimes the expense they cut is YOUR job. Employers are not looking for ways to lose money—they have a responsibility to their shareholders and employees and customers to make money. If they don’t make money, they go out of business and the people who invested in their stock lose THEIR money. Those folks who lose their jobs have less money to buy things and if they have buying stuff from YOU, you have less money. So the government has maybe given you something you didn’t even ask for, but it may cost you something you needed—like your job. If I give you something from my own pocket, it’s a gift; but if I give you something from someone else’s pocket, that’s theft.
2. Is this something that the government has the legal authority to give you? Read the Constitution carefully. Does the government really have the power to give this? It’s easy for a politician to tell you HE or SHE is giving you something, but is it really a function of government to give it? I get it that since most of us can’t buy our own firetrucks or hire a policeman just for our own family, it makes sense to chip in with some taxes so we can have a fire department, police department, and streets and a sewer system and water lines that come to our house.
3. Is the price the government paying better than I could do? It may be hard to get a good answer, but I can tell you that in almost every case, the government is paying way more for the things it gives away that those things actually cost because there are so many “handling” costs for the people and paperwork involved. What if government just gave YOU the money and let YOU spend it for what they were going to “give” you? The costs for K-12 education range from just under $7000 in Utah to almost $36,000 in New York. The average nationally is around $15,000 per student. Most private schools are well below that. Would you be better off if you could just get the funds from the government and choose the school best for your child rather than the government picking your child’s school? And the annual health care costs per American is about $12,000 a year. The cost on average for health insurance is about $6000 a year. Would you be better off buying your own than having the government buy it for you?
So when a politician tells you he or she is going to “invest” your money in something, you should want to know if it’s something you really need or even want; does the government have the legal right to take money from other people to give it to you, and would you be better off taking the money the government will spend and spending it yourself?
Remember, the government doesn’t have anything it doesn’t take from you first. Before you celebrate what they promise to GIVE you, be sure you know how much they TOOK from you.
A Reader Writes Back...
I follow your daily newsletter via email and faithfully watch and enjoy your show. My mom told me about it. I value and respect your opinions (I'm from Idaho)
Inspirational Americans (Repeat)
America's history is full of inspirational people. Our "Inspirational Americans" series will profile 32 of them. Today's inspirational American is Theodore Roosevelt.
"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."
"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education."
"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
- Theodore Roosevelt
To learn more about Theodore Roosevelt, visit his Wikipedia page here.
To learn more about Theodore Roosevelt, visit the White House website here.