Evening Edition - September 9

September 9, 2020 |

#OSCARSODUMB

The Academy Awards have been suffering a death spiral in the ratings in recent years, but they must’ve looked at the anti-American, leftist tilt of the pro sports leagues and decided that they could do more to destroy their own brand. And so, we get this news.

The “Best Picture” Oscar will no longer be given to the movie that the most members vote for because they think it’s the best picture. Instead, it will have to meet various criteria on a graph of “inclusion” and “diversity.” This is too stupid to even try to summarize, so I’ll quote it verbatim:

“To be eligible for best picture, a film must meet at least two standards across four categories: ‘Onscreen Representation, Themes and Narratives,’ ‘Creative Leadership and Project Team,’ ‘Industry Access and Opportunities’ and ‘Audience Development.’ Within each category are a variety of criteria involving the inclusion of people in underrepresented groups, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people and those with cognitive or physical disabilities.”

Can you tell this was written by a committee (I’m assuming one with members who have cognitive disabilities?) The article says that under these criteria, previous nominees that weren’t diverse enough, like the gangster film “The Irishman,” might not have qualified, no matter how good they were as movies (they should’ve cast a Puerto Rican lesbian as the Irishman.)

You might ask, “What does any of this have to do with whether a movie is good or not?” The answer, of course, is “nothing,” which means that an Oscar will now mean absolutely nothing, except that a movie’s makers managed to check off enough PC boxes on the victimhood flow chart to win a prize from the diversity committee.

This doesn’t actually take effect until 2024, which one hopes gives us enough time for the Academy to suffer flamethrower-like backlash and scrap the whole idiotic idea. They’ve made similar bad decisions recently and quickly rescinded them under pressure. The question is, is there anyone left in Hollywood anymore who has the courage to stand up against the PC thought police and tell them that the Oscars are supposed to be about rewarding quality filmmaking and they can put their racially-divisive victimhood propaganda where the projector doesn’t shine?

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN...

This is an excellent article by Dennis Prager on why there is so much hatred of America among the Democrats these days. It has to do with the replacement of Judeo-Christian values, which teach that we are all born of sin and must take responsibility for ourselves and work to be good and decent people, with secular values, which teach that our problems are the fault of outside “others” victimizing us, like sexism, racism, patriarchy, capitalism, homophobia, etc. etc. etc.

Prager makes a very interesting observation: that he can tell the political affiliation of a black caller to his radio show within one minute because if the callers are happy, they’re Republicans, and if they’re angry, they’re Democrats. This is the result of years of teaching people that they aren’t responsible for solving their problems and finding their own happiness, but that they should feel angry and resentful and blame America for their problems. The rioting and looting we see in the streets now is the poison fruit of all this. Those people are demanding the end of America as we know it.

If, God forbid, they actually got what they want, what do you think the chances are that they would be happy then? Zero. They’d still be angry and bitter and resentful, and have to find someone else to blame for it. I don’t think the Democrats, who see these riots as a way to put themselves back in charge, have thought this through.

DC COMICS BECOMES A FULL-TIME PROPAGANDA MACHINE

Along with Teen Vogue and other media outlets for young people that have become full-time leftist propaganda machines, we can now add DC Comics, home of once all-American heroes like Superman and Wonder Woman. DC is putting out a book called “Wonder Women of History.” They did this before, decades ago, and honored genuine female heroes, like Amelia Earhart, Marie Curie, Helen Keller, Clara Barton and Susan B. Anthony.

But guess who’s on the cover of the new book, depicted in Wonder Woman regalia? America-hating socialist Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She’s joined by such heroic honorees as Elizabeth Warren, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, raging anti-Semite Rep. Rashida Tlaib, and various other leftwing activists for LGBTQ rights and gun control. Some of the women aren’t overtly political, but there are no examples of conservative female leaders. However, they do include gay activist Malcolm Michaels Jr., a man known by his drag queen name Marsha P. Johnson.

It actually gets worse. Click the link to read a more complete list of the alleged “Wonder Women” (or in some cases, Wonder “Women”) DC thinks your kids should be looking up to.

Say, apropos of nothing, did you hear that last month, DC Comics announced what was described as a “stunning number” of layoffs? I'm sure this will help boost sales. Or at least blue city looters will pick up a copy.

WOMEN REACT

Joe Biden claims women, the poor put-up little dears, just can’t succeed in America without his help. You can imagine how women are reacting to that. About like the women in my family.

CLEAN UP ON AISLE 3

I keep hearing that we must elect Honest Joe Biden because Trump is such a lying liar. Meanwhile, I’ve watched Trump keep or try to keep every campaign promise he made, while I’ve seen Joe Biden tell us he would ban all fracking, then that he wouldn’t ban fracking…that he would mandate mask-wearing, then that it would probably be unconstitutional to mandate mask-wearing…then that he would absolutely defund the police, and then that of course he wouldn’t defund the police, and now (brace yourself) that Trump is the one who wants to defund the police. What?!

Joe may have to get an elastic mask because it’s going to have to stretch four feet to cover his growing Pinocchio nose.

NOT THE SAME

Another person is claiming that Joe Biden has obviously lost some mental acuity and is not the same person he was just a few years ago. What makes this especially concerning is that this isn’t a pundit or politician. It’s the former White House stenographer who was actually paid to listen to Biden talk from 2011 to 2017.

This is a very informative article by Scott Housell at RedState.com on how to really read a poll, and how to tell when a pollster is claiming that Biden has a 10-point lead when the poll actually shows Trump ahead by 3. For those who wonder how I predicted a Trump win in 2016 when we were being told that Hillary was up by 13 and heading for a landslide, this is partially why. Also, I don’t live in a cast iron media bubble and actually talk to Americans.

DAILY BIBLE VERSE

• nancy stremmel

09/09/2020 08:01 PM

How can you have any awards this year when everyone was at home? That's right you get a award just for being. So sad

• L A Huston

09/09/2020 07:53 PM

I haven’t seen an American movie for a # of years nor watched so called awards for even longer. I don’t accept the crap they try to jam down our throats nor tolerate people like DeNiro nor the fact they dress like sluts. I watch only foreign movies (except those made in England as that’s the same crap) I’ve been watching these on Netflix but will soon stop using that media as I refuse to watch Obama and Markel (please excuse me - racist garbage .) This racism garbage was pushed by Obama. This is a great country. TRUMP 2020 and beyond.

• N Charisse Wilson

09/09/2020 07:53 PM

I’m not surprised at all! People involved in the making of motion pictures, make a ton of money, are well publicized
    (legends in their own minds) and still have to have an awards ceremony, to pat themselves on the back, again! I haven’t watched an awards show in a long, loooong time... can you tell? I will now get off my soapbox! Thanks!

• Joseph Orsini PhD

09/09/2020 07:47 PM

If "Affirmative Action" is coming roaring back, then it should also be applied to sports teams. For example if 15% of the population is black, then only 15% of the Dallas Cowboys should be black. Etc. Also, since homosexuality is a behavior, how do we know a person who claims he is homosexual is not just making the claim to obtain a desirable position in an organization?

• Cheryl Breon

09/09/2020 07:42 PM

Loved "I'm assuming those with cognitive or physical disabilities"!!

• James Drury Jr

09/09/2020 07:32 PM

Thanks Mike & Staff.

• Christine L Morgan

09/09/2020 07:25 PM

Hollywood can just go Bella Abzug! That's how much I care. ??

• Joyce Birch

09/09/2020 07:14 PM

Don't care about the Oscars anymore. Haven't watched them in years. Caught Joe Biden only for a few minutes (turned off). I can't afford an electric car, if they convert gasoline cars to electric, what would be the cost & would it be worth it? I guess I'll be riding a bike. His message seemed to be what President Trump has done or is continuing his campaign promises.
    Why in the world would President Trump give Bob Woodward all that time for interviews? Knowing Woodward is not a fan of his. Now it's floating from station-to-station. I guess we have to ride along with all the news/allegations on a daily basis (Atlanta Magazine, hold on the virus) until Nov. 3. Honestly, I do believe there will be a virus, but I do understand there will be set backs until it's 100%. I didn't like the President's comment last night's rally when he said a female couldn't or won't be president. I feel he was referring to Kamala Harris. Who knows, someday there will be a female president, Niki Haley? I just thought the statement (sexist) wouldn't sit with a lot a female voters. I was also surprised heard the republican gov. of Michigan was voting for Biden!! I thought it sounded more personal. I like the President's picks for the Supreme Court. Oh well, the President & all conservatives have an up-hill battle for this election (The White House, Senate, & House).
    As always, a great read. Thank you.

• Ron Besse

09/09/2020 07:01 PM

With diversity and affirmative action required for best picture I believe there will be a significant loss of revenue at the box office. Most of the time the movies I like and many others as well will never be nominated for best picture but that's O.K. I still remain a big fan of old movies when the stars didn't tell us how to vote. They just made movies to enjoy, laugh, relax, and help us forget about our daily troubles for a couple hours.

• Emily Yeatts

09/09/2020 06:56 PM

Gov Huckabee in 2016 there was corruption in voting but not like exists now with all the mail in and sending out ballots it’s going to take a miracle for trump to be re elected and the Hand if God extending His grace and Christians on their faces before a sovereign God

• Darlene F. Donston

09/09/2020 06:52 PM

lol The only Movie we have seen in the last several years has been the Priates of the Caribbean, not that we like Johnny Depp so well, it is because it is very entertaining and funny. Other than that I can't even remember the last time we went to see any. It has been that long and I was always a big fan of the movies from a very early age with the Cowboys and Indians, I probably saw them all from about the age of 5. lol Then it was the Musicals, but the stuff out there now is not fit for anyone and sounds like it is getting even worse. After I stopped going to the movies I would turn on the Oscars just to see what the Ladies were wearing and then their clothes started to get pretty ugly along with the Men, so that was when I stopped watching period! No wonder their ratings are way down. We are with Dennis Prager.......We always say you can really tell the difference between a Dem and a Conservative.........by the way they look, if they have a smile on their face and look happy then they are a Conservative if not and they look mad or grumpy then you know they are a Dem. I compare them every day on Fox and Friends! lol

• kenmoore

09/09/2020 06:42 PM

Biden today is criticizing trump for not acting faster with the corona virus when trump acted against his council Biden criticized then the swamp dwellers are squirming with low water in the swamp pull the plug and drain the swamp

• Wynne Young

09/09/2020 06:42 PM

My husband is somewhat color blind and I learned today that he never clicks on a link in your news letter because he can’t see them. Honestly, I have trouble seeing them and I’m not color blind. Think you could come up with some other way to make them stand out? If I weren’t a Republican, I would accuse you of being...

• Andy Tulenko

09/09/2020 06:34 PM

Gov Mike,

You should have made that a blind Puerto Rican lesbian with money and formerly 'Mommy' issues.

• Tim List

09/09/2020 06:31 PM

Sir,

Do they still have award shows? I have not seen an ad for one in years other the ACM Awards.

I wonder, does Kamala tickle Joe's leg hairs to keep her place on the ticket? Seriously, I think she will have Joe declared incompetent with in a month of taking office (or she might wait until he has served 2 years and a day) and take over in hopes of getting to fill his term and then get two terms herself. I pray that she never gets the chance.

Tim

• Carol MacMillan Godsey

09/09/2020 06:30 PM

Hollywood caves to the mob just as they did to Herr Hitler and the Nazi's in the 30s. That didn't go well, either. Lucky for them, their side lost!

• Pamela Lee

09/09/2020 06:21 PM

The Democratic candidates for president and VP don’t even agree on aspects of their platform-how are they going to work together to run the country!

• DeAnna Fling

09/09/2020 06:18 PM

Hi Governor, I thought today, 9/09/2020, Crooked Hilary was to testify against a Senate panel. This was to be the day she named names and "took Washington down with her!" As she has been proclaiming for 4 years. Of course, nothing on social media. Thought you would know and be able to provide an update. Keep up the great work, Governor!

• John Samples

09/09/2020 06:17 PM

Hollywood has always been out of touch with the rest of us. They just chose to be further away.

• Melanie Bruno

09/09/2020 06:15 PM

I've been watching their painful, slow decline for the last several years, and now it's inevitable that they're going down in flames.

• Linda Meyer

09/09/2020 06:15 PM

What they are doing to Biden is elder abuse. Who is going to accuse them?
    Thank you for all you do!

• Linda Meyer

09/09/2020 06:12 PM

So, if “Roots” was made today, would it be ineligible because most of the cast is black?

• ElizabethAnn Myers

09/09/2020 06:11 PM

We have not attended movies in many a year and pretty much don’t watch any movies on tv other than Hallmark??
    Hollywierd can go on without us forever....

• Stephen Russell

09/09/2020 06:11 PM

Oscar so Dumb: Lose more ratings BIG Time
    Lame, lower ratings before or ever