Happy New Year!

January 1, 2019

I was going to write a wrap-up of 2018, but then I realized that I’d already done that when I wrote a wrap-up of 2016.  That’s because so many people who major voices in the media or politics have spent the past two years living in a time loop, unable to move forward from that shocking moment over two years ago when they discovered that Americans might actually not want a President who calls them sexist, racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, xenophobic deplorables to their faces.

In my New Year’s Day message for 2017, this is what I wrote:

”I hope you’re not nursing a hangover from last night.   But if you are, at least take solace in knowing that the long national binge drunk that was 2016 is blessedly over.  Last year saw Americans battered by a politicized media and over a billion dollars in attack ads designed to drive us all further apart and into warring fiefdoms.  While far too many Americans remain 'bitter clingers,' refusing to stop fighting a battle that was over in November, let’s hope they’ll come to realize how much of that anger and animosity they feel was ginned up by political theater, invented by consultants who profit and gain power from fomenting divisiveness.

For the rest of us who just want to make America great again, that starts with putting the election in the rear view mirror.  We need to keep our eyes on the tough road ahead, and not let the profiteers of division distract us from all the things we have in common.  Let’s hope and pray there are no more disasters, be they natural disasters like hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes, or manmade disasters, like the terrorist attacks in Berlin, Nice, San Bernardino and Miami.  But let’s bear in mind that if disasters come, nobody should care if they’re in red states or blue states.  Wherever and whenever our fellow Americans are hurting, we all pitch in to help.

Let’s make 2017 a year to rediscover the things we have in common, and join hands instead of pointing fingers.  Maybe reconnect with those Facebook Friends who unfriended you just because you didn’t see eye-to-eye on some political issue.  If there’s one thing previous New Years have taught us, from the Y2K scare to the Mayan Calendar, it’s that despite all the apocalyptic gloom and doom talk, the world didn't come to an end.  Life goes on.  And life is what you make of it.  2017 could be the greatest year ever if we all agree that come what may, we’re going to make it great…”

Now, two looooong years later, as we enter 2019, let’s all hope and pray that those sentiments from 2017 finally come true; that people at last shake off their hysterical blindness and realize that for all their caterwauling about Trump spelling the end of the world, America is actually doing pretty darn well.  Despite their prognostications of gloom and doom…

Women’s right have not been rolled back (not only are women more powerful in the workplace than ever, there are more women in high level White House jobs than under any other President in history); we are not being plunged into new wars (Democrats who once called a Republican President a war criminal for sending troops to the Middle East are now attacking a Republican President for bringing the same troops home); aside from the recent stock market turmoil that’s been caused by the Fed, computerization of stock sales, global trade jitters, the election of a Democratic House and other variables, the economy is solid, with unemployment still at record low levels, gas prices stunningly low, and a fantastic Christmas season for retailers.  And no, Nazis and white supremacists are no more powerful or popular now than they were five years ago.

So what is ahead in 2019?  Nobody really knows.  Maybe at some point, people will actually notice that the government is shut down (well, partially.)  Maybe that will make them wish more of it would shut down.  With any luck, the Democratic House’s ridiculous attempts to turn America into a fairy dust-powered, borderless, socialist Utopia will be squashed regularly by the GOP Senate, resulting in gridlock, leaving the rest of the country to go about its business without being “helped” or strangled (often the same thing) by Washington.

I wouldn’t dare to guess what will happen in 2019, but I will predict what will happen if Democrats pursue their mindless “impeachment” crusade.  They’ve been screaming for impeachment of the President since Election Night 2016, with the grounds to be named at some nebulous future date. I’m convinced that most of those in politics and the media who keep calling for impeachment have no idea what it even means.

(For the record: impeachment in the House is nothing more than the political equivalent of an indictment.  If the House did vote to impeach Trump, the Senate would have to convene a trial, presided over by the Chief Justice, with both sides presenting their cases.  That means the “Impeachment” cheering squad would have to put up actual evidence of “high crimes and misdemeanors” serious enough to overturn the will of the voters in a national election – just saying “we hate-hate-hate this big meanie and his tweets drive us crazy” is not good enough.  Removal would require a two-thirds vote, meaning all Democrats plus 14 Republicans, which is about as likely to happen as me trading my deer hunting rifle for a Salad Shooter.  Impeachment has happened twice in US history, to Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, and neither was removed from office.)

Since Americans got tired of winning after just two years of Republican leadership and reelected Democrats back into power in the House, Nancy Pelosi will be under heavy pressure to actually bring articles of impeachment against Trump.  If she’s foolish or weak enough to give in, I predict that the President will not be removed, public sentiment will turn against those who wasted the people’s time and money on a partisan witch hunt, and Republicans will win back the House in 2020.

So if I were predicting the future of the Democratic Party, I’d say that it all hinges on them spending 2019 suddenly starting to act like sober, reasonable, responsible adult leaders who are capable of listening to the other side with respect and working to achieve compromise in the best interests of America instead of just advancing their own agenda and pleasing their loudest, most childish and far-left elements.

As for the likelihood of that, my Magic 8-Ball says, “Outlook not so good.”

To the rest of you, enjoy your New Year’s day of parades, football or whatever you have planned, get a start on having a safe, happy and prosperous 2019, and we’ll be back with a regular newsletter, chronicling all the craziness daily, and reading all the news so you don’t have to, all starting back in again tomorrow!

Happy New Year!

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

"Love your neighbor"

ISIS reduced to memes

Standards

• Krystyna Orlean

01/02/2019 08:02 PM

Happy New Year Mr. Huckabee !

We, and our friends in Texas are so proud of our President who is taught on border security issues for us US citizens. We love him for that even more !
    We were shocked today when:
    "Once the secretary [of Homeland Security] started, Senator Chuck Schumer interrupted her."
    — GOP House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy'

It would be good if whole Nation will hear about rude behavior of Democratic Party leaders today, during meeting with President, and we all want to hear what Mrs Nielsen wanted to say about all numbers and details. About which Democrats don't care at all for their political reason. They are anarchists and traitors if they don't care about safety of their own country ! Honestly they don't care about DACA either. They just want votes so desperately that are destroying own party any chances to win in 2020 .

Our President has rights to build stronger border which is National Security issue !
    We hope he is going to use his executive orders also, whenever is necessary !
    Also, we cannot wait when Mr. President will declassify all fishy FISA documents and hoax Muller's Investigation will be closed. How something like that could be continue if he uses false fabricated illegal dossier documents. Thanks to which his commission was created ! It is phony 'Witch Hunt' for which country paid him and his people over 20 million dollars ! Looks like we had type of Mafia activities to destroy our President.
    We hope the new GA will clean the house there !

Now All People want the wall !
    WE also think that all representatives who spend their luxury life in Congress with great salaries and benefits should NOT be paid when Government is shut down, Nor should they be able to receive retroactive payments at all.
    Even problem is fixed. They have to be punished for lack of responsibility there ! They should not be paid again to do what they have already been paid to do. WE are TIRED of them just fighting and doing a little!

Also we hope that our President will STOP all immigrant's payments and welfare, free school and free medical care ! Our people live in poverty here too and they need help more than strangers doing nothing. THIS MUST stop. Then they will not come here.
    Warm Regards Mr. Huckabee and Happy new year again !

• Patricia Lennon

01/02/2019 04:20 PM

Happy New Year Mike, I so enjoy your newsletters daily even if I don’t get to read them Every day, I still catch up on some days, reading several at a time. I love your humor; I chuckle every time, sometimes laugh out loud. When the negative aka fake news enters my brain, I quickly say a prayer and read your newsletter to wipe out the negative and smile again. On Christmas Day I was invited to one of my 6 sisters(I have 3 brothers also) who happens to be far left along with 2 others, and only 1 other sister(far left) was invited and after very polite conversation someone Not me or my husband, mentioned politics and my sister who’s house we were invited to, proceeded to go into a yelling tirade about Trump. I pleaded with her many times to please stop and I even started crying bc I was sooo upset to no avail. The other sister said nothing so I left the room still crying. I wanted to leave so badly but I didn’t. I stayed till after desert saying very little. My husband and her husband knew nothing of the incident bc they were outside. I kissed them both goodbye and we left. I told my husband and I cried all the way back to where we were staying. The next day she sent me a text saying “no matter what I still love my family”. I didn’t answer her bc I didn’t feel that was an apology for ruining my Christmas. Another sister told me that she was furious that I didn’t answer her feeble attempt at an apology and stated “she will never talk to me again”! The only reason I decided to tell you this is you mentioned about the blind hatred for our president that anyone who voted for him deserve their IRE even an older sister by 11 yrs on CHRISTMAS DAY??.
    God bless you for all you do to unwrap and decipher the daily news????

• Sherry Merritt

01/02/2019 10:30 AM

The Wall. So tired of the insane bickering. The French called their security a Line, the Maginot Line. The Nazis broke through via the Ardennes, no fortifications there due to the natural terrain. Whatever word you use, we need to stop invasion into our country. We know not the full extent of who or what is coming in. Drugs, criminals, terrorists, HEALTH ISSUES (i.e. diseases eradicated in U.S. through vaccination).

• Evangeline Hopkins

01/02/2019 10:12 AM

My year end Christ was born thought is that if you ignore the devil it will go away rather than engaging it too much. us pointing out all their egregious issues only further inflames us. for 2019, dont mention them. let's try try try to focus on all the good.

• Dawn Street

01/02/2019 10:08 AM

Thank you for being a voice of reason in a terribly unreasonable situation. I can see where Sarah gets her stamina. She is loved by the American people, you know.

I remember the "impeachment" of Bill Clinton. What a joke it was too. Waste of time and money! I pray for Trump daily and I pray for his protection not only from physical harm but also from the destruction of constant criticisms and the hatred of the DemonRats.

• Rose Howell

01/02/2019 06:28 AM

Thanks Mike for your daily dose of sanity. Love it. Love Sarah too.
    Hey, What do you think of Newt as Chief of Staff? Still think he would have been great as Speaker again. So nice that Ryan is "retiring". I actually used to like him. Yikes.
    Warm regards,
    Rose Howell

• Anita Mae Barker

01/01/2019 09:40 PM

Happy New Year to you and your family. Thanks for all the commentary.

• Rita Shoemaker

01/01/2019 07:13 PM

I just love you, Mike Huckabee!! You are smart and you also have a sense of humor. My husband and myself watch Fox and Friends every morning.Yes, we voted for Trump. He wasn't my first choice, but nonetheless we sure weren't going to vote for Hillary!! Keep up the good work Mr. Huckabee and Happy New Year!!

• Denise Hanson

01/01/2019 07:03 PM

Dear Governor,
    I wholly concur, Sarah should win hands down! She has such a quick wit and putting rougue ones i their place looks like..it is childs play for her... of course that is because she is first a good Mommy. Just goes with the territory. :>)
    Please make sure that OUR President knows that the people are behind him, and his beautiful bride..
    We want the wall. That was one reason many people voted .. it only makes sense.
    WE also think that all representatives who spend their life locking down spending to cover their pet projects, should NOT be paid, Nor should they be able to recieve pay for inaction.
    ie... CUT the paycheck , unitl is fixed. AS long as necessary government functions are stymied, NO Congressman or Senator should recieve ANY pay. or benefit of travel....now and it should not be given,until budget is resolved. They have ALREADY been paid to take care of business and have been sitting on their butts. They should not be paid again to do what they have already been paid to do. WE are TIRED! . Lock them down. They are paid to do a job and they have NOT acted in good faith.
    Those recieving a million dollars a year to follow a fake narrative should have all those funds and properties confisticated because they are total frauds.
    Get the traitors who are calling for the takedown of elected officials, and the ones who cheated and allowed the dead and illegals to vote demon rat....put them on that slow boat to GITMO . Dissappearances of Pukosi and Mad Max for calling for death for OUR elected representaive in the White House should get their attention quickly... and stop the inaction.
    STOP all migrant payments...we live in poverty so people can come here and do nothing but collect a paycheck. THIS MUST stop. If they can not or will not work send them back to country of origon. a slow boat is acceptable. or a long plane ride and a parachute.
    Happy new year!

• Henrietta Mark

01/01/2019 05:22 PM

Thank you so much for your newsletter - I look forward to it every day Happy New Year to you and your family God Bless

• Beverly Yost

01/01/2019 05:18 PM

The media was never nastierier than 2018. It takes a lot of energy to do something as petty. I have zero respect for most of them. I frankly could not sleep at night and do what they do for a living. I guess money talks.

• Velma Ardis Marshall

01/01/2019 03:43 PM

I always enjoy reading your articles & appreciate the humor you include in them. You are always right on with your thoughts. You are doing a great service to our country! God bless you in 2019!

• Cyndee Pacheco

01/01/2019 03:26 PM

So sad. Makes me afraid for my grandchildren. What kind of country will they inherit?

• Judy Kay Hudson

01/01/2019 02:59 PM

Governor,
    Regarding liberals and most Democrats they are living in a time warp. They are entrenched in their hate and disgust for Donald Trump (which includes all of us who voted and support him) they are not able to move past the 2016 election. It is obvious they hate him more than they love America.

What will change? Nothing unless God intervenes. I that is my prayer for 2019.

Judy Hudson

• Deborah Smith

01/01/2019 02:39 PM

Mr. Huckabee,
    I am a senior citizen and I am so disgusted with the Republican party. Why do they not back President Trump? The Democrats take every chance they get to put him down no matter if it is good for our country or something he says. The Republicans hardly ever say a thing about how badly the Democrats act out and if the Republicans do say anything it is not willingly but they are questioned to react to the actions of the Democrats by Fox news. Where is McConnell or Ryan?? You always see Pelosi hee hawing or Schumer reading his disgusting Trump/Repulican put downs that are usually exactly what the Dems are doing or have done but you hardly ever see McConnell or Ryan say anything. What is wrong with them? I certainly hope 2019 will show the Senators and Congressional people that have been elected by the people of this country support Trump and show more initiative to protect the “greatness” of this country and why we elected them to represent us. I hope so but I am so doubtful. God bless you, God bless them and God bless this country!

• Alana Stewart

01/01/2019 02:22 PM

Happy New Year, Governor! I love reading your column. You put everything that’s happening to our country in common sense perspective. God bless you and your family!
    By the way, I loved meeting you and being a guest on your show. You should go back on the air!
    All my best,
    Alana Stewart

• Debbie Blankenship

01/01/2019 01:50 PM

I am concerned about the UN plotting to turn America into a New World government which is happening right now. I sure yall have to know about it but why isnt anything being done about it to stop it? I feel all the crimes, killing and hatred and sex changes and gay marriages plus men wanting to be in ladies restrooms & showers is all from people turning away from God and forgetting that its One Nation under God!!! I mean people can get rid of it monuments and statues but they can not wipe out our history. When did our country start pushing God out and why was it allowed? Perhaps because of all the refugees and illegals that were brought here and allowed to stay and then it was well our Christianity does not go with their beliefs so they pulled prayers from schools and stopped our American Flags and stuyding other religion instead of our own teachings.. I could go on and on.. Now we are at a place of losing our country and traitors willing to sacrifice usa for their own purposes. What are your thoughts on this?

• Kathy Pearson

01/01/2019 01:38 PM

Happy New Year to you and your family....(and great job raising a daughter with common sense and integrity)! Thanks for all you do and have done for our nation!

• Al Eads, Jr.

01/01/2019 12:00 PM

Really enjoyed reading your discourse today. Appreciate your level-headed reviews of the state of our nation. I just wish that we could find some level playing field. The extremes in both parties create many frail edges. May God have Mercy upon us!

• Alvan D. Osbourne,

01/01/2019 11:51 AM

As usual, very well stated, Governor! Just wish I could share it on Facebook!

• Allison Averett

01/01/2019 11:40 AM

May your year be full of God’s incredible blessings!