First, thanks to all who have written in response to my commentary about Attorney General Bill Barr’s hesitance to bring charges against Obama and/or Biden. Before getting into the latest on Susan Rice’s fishy Inauguration Day email –- which does appear to be an attempt to shield the outgoing President from later scrutiny –- I’d like to start by highlighting a particularly thoughtful "Barr" letter, from Janet:

RELATED READINGBarr: charges "unlikely" against Obama and Biden

"I think people posting here have many good points, but I have a slightly different opinion than many, it seems. I think that most definitely, Barr is going to get to the bottom of this and there WILL be justice in the end. It's just going to take a while to ‘thread the needle’ and build cases against ALL of those who have been involved in this shameful travesty of our Constitution and Public Trust.

"Barr's no fool. He's been around DC for a long time and survived with his integrity and wit intact. I don't doubt that he's got a solid plan for bringing these people to justice –- a plan that will leave no doubt about their guilt and keep us from having another civil war if Obama and Biden are prosecuted. Remember when Barr chastised Trump for making it impossible for him to do his job when Trump interjected his opinions into the issues du jour? Barr is shrewd and wise to the ways of the DC swamp monsters. Let's let him do his job and have faith that he is going to see justice served. It just takes time.”

Thanks, Janet, and I hope you’re right. (Barr did qualify what he said with the words “as of today.”) Many readers sent much more cynical and despairing replies --- understandably so --- but I don’t want to condemn Barr’s DOJ just yet. Here’s an interesting take from Al:

"I agree mostly, Governor. However, if you are Comey, Brennan, Clapper and crew, how are you hearing what Barr said about Obama? What's your first thought? ‘They're pinning this whole mess on me. I'm the fall guy. And the top person, the guy who I was doing this for, who was at the center of all this, is going to walk?!’ Barr is describing the most grave of political crimes, worst in US history. Someone is going to pay. How much pressure will be on these people to cut a deal and point the finger at Obama? Sure, some will fall on their sword for Obama. But some won't. ESPECIALLY when Obama, as is his habit, tries throwing them under the bus.

“Barr is shrewd. HE can't be the one pointing the finger at Obama. It's got to be Obama people pointing the finger at Obama people before people will see it as not just political. (That's why I'd give Lisa Page immunity and a gift certificate for a high-end matchmaker for all she knows.)

“The game has begun. And at least Obama's name is in the conversation.”

True, the fact that Obama’s name now figures in this is a huge step forward. For now, let’s consider the evidence as it emerges; that brings us to Susan Rice. Acting Director of National Intelligence Ric Grenell has done it again by finally releasing the FULL TEXT of what may have been Susan Rice’s last official act in office, her “by the book” email, written 15 days after the big Oval Office meeting of January 5, 2017, that it memorializes. Here it is.

I sure wish everyone in government were as on the ball as Grenell; the attorney general got a request for this from Sen. Ron Johnson on Monday and –- boom –- Grenell declassified the email on Tuesday. Catherine Herridge at CBS first shared this; Tom Fitton tweeted it out with the comment that a special counsel should be appointed to investigate that meeting. Here’s a great round-up of the buzz generated on Tuesday afternoon.

Unfortunately, a tiny portion is still redacted, showing someone else was copied on the email. One name in the “cc” line is revealed, though: Curtis R. Ried; I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear that name sometime in the future. There’s a “Curtis R. Ried” listed on Zoom.com as a foreign service officer at the U.S. State Department.

Sean Davis has an outstanding piece at THE FEDERALIST on the significance of this email, parts of which had been previously released and had already given us an idea of how knowledge of the Flynn investigation was being kept from the incoming President. Why would they be keeping President-elect Trump in the dark unless HE were the ultimate target?

Davis writes: “The newly declassified portion of the Jan. 5 Rice email confirms that the targeting of Flynn was coordinated within the inner sanctum of the White House and that both Obama and Biden were deeply involved in the campaign to take down Flynn.”

Folks, this is all going to come out. I don’t know if the criminal justice system is going to prevail against Obama himself or if the long arm of the law isn’t quite long enough to reach him. Presidents have a lot of power and ways to shield themselves, typically by using “plausible deniability” and, if necessary, by throwing their order-takers under the bus (that’s why they’re called “under”-lings, ha). This is why it’s so important to elect someone who cares more about the Constitution than his own power.

We know, absolutely, that Obama was involved in this. Biden, too. The next several months may reveal to us a fascinating piece of history. I do believe that something perhaps even worse than jail –- and just as deserved –- is eventually going to happen to Barack Obama: the total rewriting of his legacy to reflect the FACT that he headed the most corrupt regime in the history of the United States.

I’ll close with another optimistic reader reply from Don, who says:

"Gov: I can't disagree with your conclusion. Justice must be served for crimes committed that violate the Rule of Law, regardless of the status of the parties involved. No one is above the Law!

"However, in closely reviewing AG Barr's statement, as it relates to Obama/Biden ‘at this time,’ he has left room in his statement to revisit and review the entire situation, should additional sufficient evidence surface that clearly [implicates] the Obama/Biden combo...In my opinion, legal cases, in administrative politically committed crimes , rarely turn on "slam dunk" smoking gun evidence, but unfold through ‘a thousand cuts,’ resulting in ‘guilty, beyond any reasonable doubt.’ AG Barr needs to be given the benefit of the doubt that he will adhere to the Rule of Law, at the end of the day.”

You’re right, Al --- he did leave the door open. That’s why I expressed curiosity about why he said what he did at this particular time. Much is going on right now that we just don’t know.

• Loretta Rieniets

05/26/2020 01:30 AM

Obama & Biden are way beyond corrupt, they’re treasonous. If they aren’t held accountable, this sort of thing will continue. These criminals have to FINALLY pay the price, in order to prevent this from ever happening again. The reason that we’re at this point is because the Democrats have been above the law for too many years.

• Alice Irene Claar

05/22/2020 03:48 AM

Thanks for being our watchman. God richly Bless all of you.

• Connie Quartuccio

05/21/2020 07:53 PM

Rice, Comey, Clapper, etc. Theirs is a criminal investigation. Maybe Obama and Biden will be a separate treason investigation.....

• Bob Perry

05/21/2020 01:48 PM

Some are going to Flip and I have a Different opinion, no one person is bigger than the office of the Presidency !! Don’t downgrade the office to us and the people outside of the USA but let History be the Judge

• Margaret Nelson

05/21/2020 11:47 AM

I'm still very angry about how Obama & Hillary lied to the parents of the Benghazi victims !!! I'm angry that punishment was never doled out to all those involved in ignoring their cries for help when our military was in Italy & calledd back to cover-up the deficiency of Clinton !!! :( How dare they "waste" our wonderful warriors !!! :( Thank God the survivors keep this atrocity alive, especially with their film "13 HOURS"... <3 Rice knew full well that she was sent out to lie about a video !!! :( These folks aren't stupid, just evildoers !!! :( God bless our AG Barr & they will face the music !!!

• Mary Britton

05/21/2020 11:24 AM

I find it incredibly sad that the liberals destroyed what should have been an amazing accomplishment of putting the first black man in the position of running the country. Now, instead of a proud legacy, the black community, who mostly all voted for Obama because of his color ( no, I don’t blame them for that although it was skewed thinking) only have a shameful 8 yrs to look back on. I, for one, would have been thrilled to vote for the very first black American President had it been someone intelligent with good morals like Ben Carson maybe.

• JOYCE POWELL

05/21/2020 10:11 AM

Hi from the UK love your work, with everything that's happening at the moment I'm feeling sad. I love hearing about the US and I think we need answers to lots of things but God timing is not ours He is eternal, bide awhile, be still and know I am your God, and this Barr problem will b sorted. Do you think Bill Barr maybe keeping his tinder dry? and I don't mean the dating site lol God Bless you all and keep you safe I'll pray for us all.

• marida binsted

05/21/2020 09:57 AM

I think that all being talked about right now are people trying to coverup what Clinton and her followers know what happened. Mr. Trump should not have had to endure what has gone on since he won the election. Just go back to who has the most money invested in what happened and still Hillary did not win. I think Mr. Barr will get to the bottom of it and still they did not win. Some one should have to pay for what has happened and there are many more.

• James Mercogliano

05/21/2020 09:40 AM

The Deep State is real and not so new it has been around for a long time President Eisenhower warned us about it just before his administration came to an end he called it the Military Industrial Complex [aka the shadow government] He said we should be aware of it but no one took heed and what happened next was they Assasinated John F Kennedy thirty fifth President Of The USA in America's first coup de ta Now they are trying to remove another President by any means nesesery and it must be stopped so after this current fiasco is put down i urge the powers to be that we must reopen the JFK assasination and finally reveal who the true conspireter's were and two of them were former President's.

• domenic toni

05/21/2020 07:04 AM

Even if nothing else but getting names out into the public and shutting the MSM down, Clinton, Biden, Michelle Obama, and the others will have their political careers ended. The Democrat party will have been inflicted with major damage, and will take plenty of time to recover.

• Sandra Weaver

05/21/2020 06:39 AM

It seems that if you are crooked, like Hillary Obama, Biden, Holder, Rice, etc. You get away with murder. FBI won't arrest them or charge them with their crimes.

• Joan Selle

05/21/2020 05:26 AM

Appreciate these news comments and feel they are trustworthy
    Have discontinued morning newspapers Because they are so unreliable so you are now the morning source of what’s happening

• Roy E Martin

05/21/2020 12:28 AM

I agree with all of this.

• Robert W Gauer

05/20/2020 11:52 PM

I've heard so many opinions about Bill Barr that have bolstered my confidence in President trump's choice for Attorney general. I don't even bother looking at or listening to CNN or other like opinion sources. I'm sure Barr's intent on leaving the door open. And the wheels of justice can grind slowly, so, as I think about the race between the hare and the tortoise, I am not moved to jump, like that hare, to any conclusions right now. Slow and steady.... I think the wheel's still turning. I still have confidence in our Attorney General Barr.

• Jimmy Humphrey

05/20/2020 11:36 PM

All we’ve heard for 3 1/2 years someone will be held accountable for these acts of treason. Yeah right!

• Valerie J. Cadarr

05/20/2020 11:18 PM

If Obama is not going to pay for his crimes the American public will be the loser. And, as the old saying goes, “Justice delayed is justice denied.“ [Most of] The American public is tired of the Democrat’s shenanigans and their getting away with breaking laws and, even worse, shredding the Constitution. It’s not like these are just little pranks. If I was President Trump, I would go on national television and tear up all of Pelosi’s coronavirus bills! If I, as a private citizen, had pulled even 1/10th of the crap that Nancy Pelosi has pulled, I’d be in prison now. That goes for all the scams and shams Obama, Biden, Schiff, Schumer, Omar and a whole loan of Democrats (too many to list!.)

• Andrea Gilio

05/20/2020 10:21 PM

Taking time, threading the needle, etc., doesn't MEAN a darn thing if TRUMP is NOT re-elected in NOVEMBER! That's WHY we, the patriots, are so ANXIOUS for Barr to MOVE HIS ARSE and FINISH this BEFORE NOVEMBER! I am quite certain the Democrats are GOING TO RIG the VOTES in the general election ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!

• Leonard Lugo

05/20/2020 10:21 PM

I don't know, will Barr have the backbone to. Only the Lord knows what's going on in the behind the scenes, the calls, threats, blackmailing, payoffs on & on it goes!! Someone, got to Comey, I saw how he reworded, just as you thought he was going to bring the hammer down, he downplayed crime boss Hillarys ! Crimes! In her wicked mind, crime does pay!!!!!! God knows and sees! be blessed

• CODY U WATSON

05/20/2020 10:12 PM

We need to pray for wisdom of the Attorney General in this game of chess.

• Eugene Gee

05/20/2020 08:14 PM

I noticed that instead of answering questions and denying anything about this, Biden is avoiding the issue by calling it a distraction. It looks like this will be his talking point until the election.

• Michael Manoogian

05/20/2020 08:13 PM

I do believe that AG Barr and his team will indict some of the cabal that tried to take our President down. I just hope that it is done hastily as in the frightening chance that President Trump loses in November. If so, Americans will suffer from the enactment of the leftist platforms and the wrongdoings will be swept under the rug.

• John Fox

05/20/2020 07:55 PM

International Aid
    There comes a time when some things need to be changed or come to an end. We have supplied the whole world with money since the Great Depression and this was a good thing that helped many countries but the way the world is now and so corrupt it's time to stop sending cash because it is not accounted for or appreciated and eighty percent of this money is stolen or used for things against us,
    There should only be a few countries that we give "cash" for aid if they are honest We should only give them physical items that are made or grown in the USA. This will help us to help them and the money will pay the farmers, manufacturers and businesses that supply these items and will also put America First. It is time for accountability and honesty and the country asking for aid will submit a request stating their needs and reason for help.
    We must stop "All Aid Now" set new standards and accountability and have these countries all re-apply with their legitimate needs. This process is the only way to sustain the money going to our workers and companies first while it is turned into aid.

Democratic Strategy:
    Joe Biden has a life and death decision to make on picking his running mate for Vice President because if he lets the group of hateful deceiving democrats help him pick that person and Biden wins the election he will be declared brain dead incompetent or will be murdered within 6 months of his inauguration so the Vice President will take over and will be the puppet that will do everything that Palosi, Schumer, Schiff, Waters, Nadler and many more deranged democrats that will do anything for more power and will completely ruin this country. God Bless Us if this happens.

If any of this information is interesting to you I have much much more.

Respectively,
    John Fox

• Joyce Tennant

05/20/2020 07:10 PM

Okay, I feel confident that Pres. Trump will win the next election in Nov. BUT, if he doesn't and what if Barr and Durham's investigations are still going on and nothing has been released. Will the new president fire them and all of their investigations, therefore, go unreleased?

• Reacherfan Marmot

05/20/2020 06:08 PM

I have to say making Rick Grenell the Acting ODNI was one of Trump's best moves. He defanged the SJW's because Grenell is gay, generally a Progressive bulwark, yet he a tough Conservative. More importantly, with a job as Ambassador to Germany still his permanent position, he can be secure in opening the closet door and letting the skeletons out without risking his job. This serving of 'just desserts' is overdue and I'm glad he's using Grassley and Johnson to get this public. Barr may feel IC outside her purview, they do not. Now let's hold Susan Rice to the same standard they want to hold others to - lying to Congress while under oath. She'll look good in orange.

• Firewagon

05/20/2020 05:50 PM

Ahh, as is often noted, "Hope springs eternal as long as there is breath!" I have had 'hope' from the day I first saw Barr and I view him much like 'Columbo' without the cigar. His 'terse' statement in an interview saying, "I think there was spying," was so Columboeske;) Remember Columbo's schtick, appearing to leave with the 'bad guy/s' thinking they have won, only to turn at the last moment and say, "There Is Just One More Thing," at which point the 'game' is over!

"Catherine Herridge at CBS first shared this" You have to wonder how long an actual 'journalist' will survive at CBS?? Best of luck to the former FOX reporter, she is smart enough to land on her feet.