As of Thursday, we once again have a Democrat majority House, and after promising voters to focus on improving the environment and helping Americans with issues like health care, the first thing they did was move to impeach President Trump.  It took California Rep. Brad Sherwood all of 30 minutes before he reintroduced the articles of impeachment that he introduced in 2017 but that went nowhere because back then, adults were in charge.  Also, because his move for impeachment was based on Trump having committed “high crimes and misdemeanors,” and he couldn’t name any then and still can’t – although now, the lack of grounds will be much less of an impediment.

Sherwood, however, seemed downright dignified compared to newly-elected first Muslim Representative Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, who went before a crowd to crow about impeaching Trump and not only used one of the foulest profanities in existence, but did so in the context of quoting what she allegedly told her young son about the President. If she were a Republican, liberals would already be on the phone to Child Protective Services.

Just to make it clear how shaky the actual case for impeachment is, Rudy Giuliani ran down the list of possible allegations and shot them down one by one, like clay pigeons.

It will fall to Speaker Pelosi to hold the lid on her colleagues' self-defeating partisan grandstanding without clamping down so tightly that the far-left hotheads in her party overheat and explode.

One thing that’s become shockingly clear ever since 2016 is that, while the left claims that Trump is “angry” and stirs up fury, hatred and divisiveness (I’ve been to Trump rallies: the people there seem quite cheerful and optimistic, and Trump is often funnier than most stand-up comics these days), the true boiling hot rage exists almost entirely on the left.

Still unable to accept that voters rejected their corrupt, entitled and condescending candidate and took a chance on an unproven quantity who promised to do something other than keep barrelling along in the wrong direction for another eight years, Democrats have rationalized their defeat by blaming it on Russian conspiracies, Facebook memes or their opponents being racists and Nazis…anything to avoid having to deal with the fact that their cherished policies simply don’t work and never have in any place they’ve been tried.

This has led them into a kind of dark, political tunnel vision that cries out more for psychiatric intervention than for the voters to entrust them with power again.

Over the past two years, by virtually every metric, things have been going pretty well.  Taxes were down, business was booming, unemployment hit historically low levels, and Trump was fulfilling his promises to renegotiate trade deals, crush ISIS and bring the troops back home.  Some of these were issues Democrats claimed to support in the past (they’d even voted for building a border wall and moving our Israeli Embassy to Jerusalem, back before they thought anyone would ever actually expect them to do it.)  Even the things they attacked Trump over most furiously (“That monster is separating children from their ‘parents’ at the border!”) were mostly things that Obama did first, and they didn’t even bat an eye.

(At the link, Victor Davis Hanson offers an even more thorough recap of all the ways in which 2018 was actually a very good year.)

Yet while most Americans felt happy and relieved, those on the left acted as if Armageddon was upon us.  They seem locked in an unbreakable cycle of rage and despair. Celebrities couldn’t even gather to hand each other golden trinkets in celebration of their latest billion-dollar-grossing movie without wailing and raging about how horrible everything was because Trump was President.

Now, with Democrats restored to power in the House (maybe, as Trump predicted, Americans got tired of winning, or else voters just put them back in power so they’d finally stop whining), you’d think these sourpusses would lighten up a bit, but no.  They’re still sucking lemons 24/7.

A new Axios/SurveyMonkey poll found that while large majorities of Americans are optimistic about their own futures and the US economy in 2019 (that’s 90% of Republicans and 63% of Independents), 54% of Democrats are pessimistic and think the economy will do badly  (I’d tell them not to worry so much about the economy; the GOP Senate will block most of the House's destructive impulses.) They see nothing but gloom and doom, unless they are in complete control of the government.  This is what happens when you let politics become your religion.

Despite the left’s attempts to politicize absolutely everything, there is more to life than politics.  Most Americans don’t get up every morning and indulge in a Two-Minute Hate because Trump is President.  If they weren’t totally lacking in empathy, maybe they’d realize most people’s lives don’t revolve around whether Democrats have their rear ends in the seats of power or not.

When Democrats rant and rave that we have a President who’s an unqualified narcissist; who thinks he knows more than everyone else around him, but who really knows nothing about foreign policy, defense or economics; who lies to our faces and surrounds himself with power-abusing, pocket-lining knaves and yes men; and who is violating people’s civil rights, dividing Americans, politicizing and corrupting our institutions, and shredding the Constitution by issuing illegal executive orders, we can just reply:

“Welcome to how the rest of us felt from 2009 to 2016.  But we didn’t let it turn us into raving lunatics.”

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Our National Emergency

Omar outrages again

President Trump makes his move

• Barbara Willis

01/04/2019 12:11 PM

Thank you Gov. Huckabee for always telling the truth. When President Trump is wrong, you say so. You always point out the
    absolute truth no matter how "the shoe fits". We need more honest facts and it seems that you are about the only reliable
    source. We pray for our leaders to learn to work together for the good of our Nation, and we pray for President Trump to be
    guided by God to complete the mission he was put in place for. I am appalled that all the good he is doing is NEVER on the news
    sites. What have our so called "news" reporters become? When did journalism become opinions instead of facts? What is going
    to happen in the future when the real "news" is no longer anywhere to be found? We are in a very sad situation. May God have mercy
    on their souls and may He use someone to turn this nation around! President Trump is doing God's work and makes mistakes like anyone else who is human. But, the man is doing a fantastic job in the face of so much adversity! May God continue to bless and keep him safe.

• Douglas Morgan

01/04/2019 11:51 AM

Governor, I share your observation regarding Trump's rallies. I attended one of his rallies in Missouri and it was like he was a rock star! I expected the crowd to be older folk, but I was pleasantly surprised that young people of all races and ages were lined up for dozens of blocks to get in. Only about 15% of the crowd got into the arena to see him. The democrats do not realize the support he has, particularly in the middle of the country.

BUT, the established republicans are not to be trusted when it comes to defending Trump. I am sorry but I am as disappointed with the republicans as democrats. Other than confirm Kavanaugh they have almost played dead when it comes to defending the President or standing against the left's radical agenda. I am not expecting the Senate to accomplish much but I hope I am wrong.

• Judi Dunkley

01/04/2019 11:49 AM

This is the best article I've seen. Very well written! True American people love Donald Trump because he has America, the safety of America, the prosperity of America in mind. Our veterans, our military. He has priorities! Our fore fathers would have been proud!
    Common families (such as myself) who have been affected by the recourse of drugs brought into our country, who have been affected by loss of loved ones due to this who have entered our country illegally need for our leaders to stands strong!
    A personal and deep peeve of mine that had affected me greatly is that while I'm a 58 year old female, peace time veteran, I can't afford healthcare insurance because I'm self employed part time. So while I'm watching immigrants get amazing healthcare, I get nothing! Shouldn't I come first before an outsider? There are many out here like me. I hope in the future, this is something else that can get fixed.

Thank you, Mr. Huckabee, again for your very well written article and standing for true Americans.

Sincerely,
    Judith Dunkley

• Joseph M. Stonelake

01/04/2019 11:40 AM

I think that The MORANS putting this forward should be impeached for wasting Tax Payers Money! Also, Nancy and Chuck should be Impeached for wasting taxpayer money for the same on the so-called Russia investigation. Enough of their childish antics! When are the Republicans going to stand up and act like Professional Leaders and put a stop to this nonsense and bring criminal charges against these IDIOTS!

• Klaus Christoph

01/04/2019 11:29 AM

Sounds like the Democrat party is ready to implode, the sooner, the better.

• Gregory caudill

01/04/2019 11:29 AM

Yet failed on Clinton, Obama. Isn't that Peachy

• Carol Parsons

01/04/2019 11:17 AM

Dear Mr Huckabee.
    I am soooo very thankful for you and your common sense responses to what is going on in this crazy world. I pray for you and your wife and family even/expecially your feisty daughter Sarah whom Im very proud of too. God will surely bless you all for standing together for America and our Christian heritage. My Thank you can not begin to offer the thanks you deserve. God bless you sir. Please keep up the great job as well as your humor you add to it. You never disappoint this reader.

• John jones

01/04/2019 11:11 AM

All of this turmoil and Harris , only convinced me more and more that we are in the latter days before pure Lords return . It’s all over the world. Concerned ! Yes I am . And I vote for people who stand for right according to the Bible . Pray for our leaders and pray for Israel. Especially pray for the lost. Don’t get so caught up in fighting with those whose oppose you , but get caught down on your knees praying for them . God bless look up for Jesus is coming soon

• Linda S Dant

01/04/2019 10:59 AM

I guess "Impeachment" will be the agenda for the next two years which will eat up time and money. The Mueller fiasco has spanned two years and has produced nothing. The democrats look like they have been baptized in pickle juice and the business of state falls through the cracks. I am so sick of this mess I have not the words to express my outrage. How much longer can this insanity continue?

• Linda Hermoso

01/04/2019 10:58 AM

Thank you for defending the president! I am so angry that so many republicans turned on him. We had a chance to get something accomplished and they blew it. As a person who is married to an immigrant I would like to tell you something about that, please. I spent a fortune on legal pathways for him and his family. We couldn’t get healthcare at that time for his mother. She had a stroke. There were 3 surgeries the first night and a month in a coma in ICU. We asked the social worker if there was any help we could get. She asked if our mother was illegal. We said no. Then, she said, “That’s too bad. If she was illegal, we could pay every penny. Since she is legal we can’t pay one cent!” When it came time to be released, she needed a rehab center. The good ones, we couldn’t afford with no insurance. The place for the indigent would accept illegals and poor on assistance, but would not accept anyone with a green card. We had no place to send her. Immigration needs reform. Illegals should not get every benefit and legal immigrants zero. My husband and his 3 children are all citizens now who strongly support Trump. I don’t know why so many intelligent people are so blinded by the press bias. I pray you will continue to get the truth out. I unfortunately have no money to support your ministry, but you do have our prayers. My husband knows firsthand how manipulative the press can be. He grew up in Manila with the voice of an angel. He sang for all of Ferdinand Markos’ private and public events from when he was 7 until he was 18. He sang for Ford, Nixon, Carter, the Prime Emporer of Japan, and many more. EVERY visitor brought many pairs of shoes for Imelda. The press made such a big deal about her indulgence, but most were political gifts! The media is not fair and unbiased at all.

• Marsha L Schaefer

01/04/2019 10:55 AM

Your words have calmed me, after reading some of today's nonsense. Thank you!

• Robert Ginn

01/04/2019 10:49 AM

Mike, forgive me for my simplistic comment, but...I used your words this morning to provide my daily dose of humor. So well said, so well summarized, so well destructive of today's liberal shriek that I could not abstain from a loud guffaw. Thanks. More! More!
    Bob (Senior citizen, {87}, retired Air Force officer, and some time {one time} Southern Baptist Sunday School teacher.)

• Helen Mordente

01/04/2019 10:47 AM

Thank you for how you serve the country by distilling the news so well!!!
    And for raising a daughter who serves the country so well!!!
    Keep up the good work.

• Teddy Woodward

01/04/2019 10:41 AM

Hey Doc Huckabee- I liked the prescription you gave Pernell. I HOPE it comes in suppository form! I'm glad I signed up for your newsletter. You see things CLEARLY and with a GREAT sense of humor, which you REALLY NEED when you are listening to American politicians. I'd like to hear you discuss the recently passed hemp bill, if you haven't already. The GIGANTIC BENEFITS of this plant to our farmers and agriculture and medicine are BEYOND our wildest dreams. I knew Gatewood Galbreath, who ran for governor of Kentucky on the hemp platform, and the myriad of uses of this plant makes it the next Apple and Microsoft. Just a thought. But I really appreciate the stand you have taken for DECENCY and COMMON SENSE, and you wouldn't THINK it would be SO MUCH TO ASK! Keep up the good work. GOD do we NEED IT!

• Dianne Roberts

01/04/2019 10:10 AM

I cannot believe that rouge politicians keep winning and are being re-elected in legitimate elections. I cannot wrap my head around people like Pelosi, Schumer, Waters etc being re-elected when their records are so dismal and their behavior so outrageous.
    I also cannot believe that we have such a spineless Republican party that they don't stand up and make as much noise in support of our President as the dems do to destroy him. Seems like there is a demonic cult running congress. Can you organize some prayer warriors and sometime when the halls are empty, do a prayer walk and send those demons home! THIS IS SPIRITUAL WARFARE! I plead the Blood of Jesus over our government. In Jesus Name I pray.

• Susan Ashcraft

01/04/2019 10:07 AM

Perhaps even more dangerous (and reported on less) is the legislation introduced yesterday to do away with the electoral college. This is THE ONLY thing keeping Texas, California, and New York from deciding every four years who our President will be!! And, the Democrats are attempting to an end run around the issue by having states sign agreements to cast their Electoral College votes in accordance with the National, rather than the State, winner of the election. We need to keep a very close eye on this issue. Speak up loudly and often. E-mail your Senator, Representative, and the President. That's the only way they will be held accountable!

• Debrah Schuldt

01/04/2019 10:05 AM

Thank you Mike for this commentary, I believe by having the Dems controlling the House, it's going to show their true colors. Are they for making things better, or is it all about getting rid of Trump?

• Gary A. Barton

01/04/2019 10:05 AM

If the Demcrats keep it up and try to impeach a President they are asking for a civil war. This President is doing what he said he would do, and the majority voted for him.

• Vickie Fiorentino

01/04/2019 10:02 AM

When they could be forwarding this country, Dems want to wast our money on trying to impeach...They have wasted enough...get this probe over with! ME1ST!

• Dennis M. Johnson

01/04/2019 09:40 AM

We may not have lost the house if they had supported President Trump. Instead they wasted
    two years fighting each other more than fighting the Dems.

• P Runyan

01/04/2019 09:39 AM

By the Democrats standards, merely not liking Trump is grounds for impeachment. Based upon that standard, conservatives can impeach any Democrat they desire as well. It's childish BS.

• LINDA PIERCE

01/04/2019 09:31 AM

Mr. Huckabee, I am so fed up with both parties, but furious how Mitt Romney (a Republican who ran against Obama wouldn't argue any point with him. Now, we have a president (elected by WE, the People, from the Republican party, and all Mitt Romney can do is criticize and denigrate Mr. Trump. Who are these people who truly want to destroy America? I am a white, female Christian trying to live in this immoral corrupt society. I pray all the time for America and its leaders. Do you know how I can reach Mitt Romney directly.

• LtCol (ret) Ed Kennedy

01/04/2019 09:21 AM

Sir, I sent you a hard copy letter but never heard anything. Regards, Ed Kennedy

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Our National Emergency

Sincerely,
    Judith Dunkley

• Joseph M. Stonelake

01/04/2019 11:40 AM

• Klaus Christoph

01/04/2019 11:29 AM

Sounds like the Democrat party is ready to implode, the sooner, the better.

• Gregory caudill

01/04/2019 11:29 AM

Yet failed on Clinton, Obama. Isn't that Peachy

• Carol Parsons

01/04/2019 11:17 AM

Dear Mr Huckabee.

• John jones

01/04/2019 11:11 AM

• Linda S Dant

01/04/2019 10:59 AM

• Linda Hermoso

01/04/2019 10:58 AM

• Marsha L Schaefer

01/04/2019 10:55 AM

Your words have calmed me, after reading some of today's nonsense. Thank you!

• Robert Ginn

01/04/2019 10:49 AM

• Helen Mordente

01/04/2019 10:47 AM

Thank you for how you serve the country by distilling the news so well!!!
    And for raising a daughter who serves the country so well!!!
    Keep up the good work.

• Gary A. Barton

01/04/2019 10:05 AM

• Vickie Fiorentino

01/04/2019 10:02 AM

• Dennis M. Johnson

01/04/2019 09:40 AM

two years fighting each other more than fighting the Dems.

• P Runyan

01/04/2019 09:39 AM

• LINDA PIERCE

01/04/2019 09:31 AM

• LtCol (ret) Ed Kennedy

01/04/2019 09:21 AM

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Our National Emergency

Sincerely,
    Judith Dunkley

• Joseph M. Stonelake

01/04/2019 11:40 AM

• Klaus Christoph

01/04/2019 11:29 AM

Sounds like the Democrat party is ready to implode, the sooner, the better.

• Gregory caudill

01/04/2019 11:29 AM

Yet failed on Clinton, Obama. Isn't that Peachy

• Carol Parsons

01/04/2019 11:17 AM

Dear Mr Huckabee.

• John jones

01/04/2019 11:11 AM

• Linda S Dant

01/04/2019 10:59 AM

• Linda Hermoso

01/04/2019 10:58 AM

• Marsha L Schaefer

01/04/2019 10:55 AM

Your words have calmed me, after reading some of today's nonsense. Thank you!

• Robert Ginn

01/04/2019 10:49 AM

• Helen Mordente

01/04/2019 10:47 AM

Thank you for how you serve the country by distilling the news so well!!!
    And for raising a daughter who serves the country so well!!!
    Keep up the good work.

• Gary A. Barton

01/04/2019 10:05 AM

• Vickie Fiorentino

01/04/2019 10:02 AM

• Dennis M. Johnson

01/04/2019 09:40 AM

two years fighting each other more than fighting the Dems.

• P Runyan