Ocasio-Cortez

March 5, 2019

I try not to fall for the trap of commenting on every jaw-dropping statement by “Democratic” socialist media darling Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez because there are other stories to cover and, frankly, I’d just be doing that all day.  But there are two AOC-related stories today that cry out for public exposure.  One is funny but revealing.  The other, potentially monumental.

Funny one first:  Everything AOC knows about economics she must’ve learned from Boston University professors, because her mom obviously knows a lot more about the real world than she does.  In an interview with the Daily Mail, her mother, who likes to be known as “BOC” (for Blanca Ocasio-Cortez, not Blue Oyster Cult) freely admitted that she fled New York for Florida to escape the high taxes in the deep blue state.

While her daughter thinks taxes should be even higher, her mom said, “I was paying $10,000 a year in real estate taxes up north. I’m paying $600 a year in Florida. It’s stress-free down here.”

Notice how she not only fled New York like many others to escape high taxes, but she associates those taxes with “stress” – stress put on her by liberal policies, even though she’s hardly a “billionaire.”

Before AOC starts saying, “Moooom! You’re embarrassing me!” it should be noted that BOC also defended her daughter by saying, “She wasn’t raised to be a socialist. That’s not how Puerto Ricans are. She’s a Democratic socialist, and it’s very different.”  Congratulations to AOC for managing to pull the wool over her mom’s eyes about “Democratic” socialism, the same way some daughters convince their moms that their boyfriend isn’t a “hood,” he’s a good Christian boy who just happens to like leather and motorcycles.

But now, we turn to the potentially major serious news.  I halfway defended AOC recently when she came under fire for possible campaign finance violations, because I had a futile hope that maybe it would make her see how easy it is to weaponize confusing federal laws and regulations.  We say we want people who are political outsiders to go to Washington, but when one actually breaks through like Trump, his opponents immediately start combing through everything he ever did, trying to find some obscure federal rule he broke when he never even imagined he’d ever enter politics.  I’d hoped that getting that kind of scrutiny might make AOC more sympathetic to the argument that we have too many regulations.  Apparently, it hasn’t.

But now, it seems as if the complaints of campaign finance irregularities against her might be far more serious than they first appeared. She might have been able to deflect the questions about her staff salaries, her living arrangements and her boyfriend’s paycheck by claiming she was being unfairly harassed.  But this story about her top aide allegedly funneling over $1 million in donations to his private company is the kind of thing that makes the feds really take notice.

Still, that was just about her staffer.  This latest investigation by the Daily Caller reports that AOC herself and that same staffer controlled a PAC that raised $1.8 million to fund leftist candidates in 2018 and was the driving force behind her primary victory, and their control of it was never disclosed to the FEC.  Having a campaign and a PAC under common control with the PAC funding the campaign, while also accepting donations in excess of what’s allowed to candidates, could potentially mean multiple violations of federal campaign finance law punishable by stiff fines and up to five years in prison.

There are more details at this link:

It’s also going to be hard to dispute, when the DC has a screen grab of the PAC’s website listing AOC and her aide as being the two board members with legal control of the entity, which is surely the dumbest move since Jussie Smollett allegedly paid for a fake hate crime with a personal check.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

YES, George Soros is involved with Justice Democrats

The REAL story about "The Squad"

Trump's tweets

• mark spowage

03/05/2019 01:01 PM

border wall problem solved !!

• Charles Newman

03/05/2019 01:00 PM

"AOC had best hope that her leftist media adulation is at least as great as Hillary Clinton’s because that’s apparently what it takes to flout federal law that badly and walk away scot-free." She also needs a few hit men, able to inspire the same level of terror available to Killery.

• Carolyn Tormala

03/05/2019 12:46 PM

It would set an extremely dangerous precedent if AOC gets away with these illegalities.

• Stephen K Lentz

03/05/2019 12:28 PM

HA!!! NOTHING will ever happen to aoc because #1 the rinos don't have the balls to go after her and #2 the rinos are as corrupt as aoc and the jackasses. Hoping the rinos go after her is like asking the fox to lock the hen house door. But you do come up with some "funny stuff" once in awhile

• Robert Pound

03/05/2019 12:02 PM

Gov. Huckabee,
    I've been a supporter of you and have several of your books. I saw you speak at Victory Church in Oklahoma City several years ago, I now attend the Tri City Cowboy Country Church in Newcastle, OK. I also wear leather and ride a motorcycle, why would you use that analogy to insinuate that all such people are hoods? Years ago, living in Arkansas and working as the manager of the Sterlings Dept. Store in Little Rock, a motorcycle was my sole source of transportation, at that time you would see me in a suit going down I-40. Prior to that I was in the military, stationed at LRAFB. I am now retired (30 years) from Firestone, for 20 years I was a small business owner of a construction company, and during all that time I've worn leather and rode motorcycles. I do not remember at any time in my life being a hood. But nuff said, thank you sir for your service to God, our nation and the state of Arkansas and I don't believe that you are a druggie just because you play bass in a band. By the way, I look forward to your newsletter everyday for your twist on the stories that may not otherwise come out. Sincerely,
    Robert

• Margaret Week

03/05/2019 11:51 AM

Thank you for your newsletters... I appreciate all the details that you add to the news... Your article on AOC today [ 2019 03 05 ] is very revealing and is something everyone should be aware of... The tactics in these sorts of agendas are exactly what is bamboozling so many... I hope this information becomes known to all...

• TOMMIE CLARK

03/05/2019 11:48 AM

I REALLY WISH AOC AND HER FRIENDS WOULD GET IMPEACHED . I WONDER IF SHE SHUTS HER MOUTH WHEN SHE SLEEPS, WHEN SHE OPENS IT SHE MAKES NO SENSE, LIKE A LITTLE GIRL FANTACIZING

• Kevin Brooks

03/05/2019 11:39 AM

Aloha my friend in Christ it's Kevin and I pray that this will bless your day! Based on Matthew 7:13&14. "Pay Now, Play Later" Great leaders always have self discipline. As the great General Esinhower said, "There are no great victories at bargain prices." When it comes to self discipline, people choose one of two things: Either they choose the pain of self discipline, which comes from sacrafice and growth, or they choose the pain of regret, which comes from taking the easy road and missing opportunities along the path! Each person in life chooses. We must look for two areas of self discipline in potential leaders. The first is in the area of emotions. Effective leaders recognize that their emotional reactions are their responsibility. The second area concerns time. Every person on Earth is given the same allotment of minutes in a day. But each person's level of self discipline dictates how effectively those minutes are used. Discipline people maximize the use of their time. Remember nobody knows what tomorrow will bring only God knows that. So don't forget the devil is working full-time to divert us from becoming disciplined! Procrastination is a tool the devil may use on us to continue to put tomorrow what you should do today! It takes daily discipline in prayer and Bible devotions. Have a blessed success filled week ahead. 007 Kevin

• Joe Analco

03/05/2019 11:32 AM

When does the law really mean "Justice For All?"

• Melvin Carter

03/05/2019 11:27 AM

American "Democratic" socialism: Vote the money from the working person's pocket into the government's pocket which is full of holes and will never be full in order to (ostensibly) fill the poor (sorry, underprivileged) one's pocket while actually lining the socialist politician's pocket.
    Truth: many working people (like me) struggle to pay our own bills, and don't have the money left to help the government pay everyone else's bills. When you vote to pay someone else's bills with money I earned to pay my own, then you put me in the poverty line to request the government to pay my bills. So you voted money from my pocket to help the government put money in my pocket?
    Thought: Using one's vote to take money one didn't earn from someone who did in order to fill one's own pockets, well, how is that different from stealing?
    Idea: Shouldn't conviction of campaign fraud (if proven to be intentional, not a mere oversight or accident from not understanding all the laws) include a penalty of immediate removal from any office achieved and a prohibition from ever running for office again? (Can you say violation of public trust?) Shouldn't character and integrity matter in public servants? Don't sin and shame over it go together any more?

• Cecile Basilone

03/05/2019 11:18 AM

Not a word about AOC's staffer -- I wonder what would happen if this was a republican? Now Nadler is investigating 81 people in President Trump's circle --- where are the republicans to protest this hideous investigation? Where is the new Attorney General. Sorry to say I have very little faith in this new guy.

• Keethlyn Fletcher

03/05/2019 10:57 AM

I have no sympathy for someone who thinks she's the boss and going to take over the democ-rat party. She continues to show her ignorance every time she opens her mouth.

Ocasio-Cortez

March 5, 2019

There are more details at this link:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

YES, George Soros is involved with Justice Democrats

The REAL story about "The Squad"

Trump's tweets

• mark spowage

03/05/2019 01:01 PM

border wall problem solved !!

• Charles Newman

• TOMMIE CLARK

03/05/2019 11:48 AM

• Kevin Brooks

03/05/2019 11:39 AM

• Joe Analco

03/05/2019 11:32 AM

When does the law really mean "Justice For All?"

• Melvin Carter

03/05/2019 11:27 AM

• Cecile Basilone

03/05/2019 11:18 AM

• Keethlyn Fletcher

03/05/2019 10:57 AM

Ocasio-Cortez

March 5, 2019

There are more details at this link:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

YES, George Soros is involved with Justice Democrats

The REAL story about "The Squad"

Trump's tweets

• mark spowage

03/05/2019 01:01 PM

border wall problem solved !!

• Charles Newman

• TOMMIE CLARK

03/05/2019 11:48 AM

• Kevin Brooks

03/05/2019 11:39 AM

• Joe Analco

03/05/2019 11:32 AM

When does the law really mean "Justice For All?"

• Melvin Carter