Former FBI Director James Comey is scheduled to come back and testify before Congress in a second closed-door session on Monday.  In the first hearing, he showed stunningly little knowledge or recollection of what was happening at the FBI under his watch in 2016 and 2017 –- such as the origin of the Steele dossier, for one thing –- so maybe after this break, he’ll recall a little more.  Somehow I doubt it, though.

As I told FOX News’ Judge Jeanine Pirro over the weekend, what’s happening within our justice system should scare the daylights out of every American citizen.  If the power of the U.S. government can be used against us for political purposes, then what we have is more like a third-world dictatorship than a republic.  So it’s very important how we go forward now, given what we know.

I like to imagine myself in the same room with Devin Nunes, Darrell Issa, and others who are similarly fed-up with the bureaucratic swamp, taking my turn asking questions of smug government officials like Comey.  I’ve suggested questions for him before –- some serious, some for fun –- and here’s what I would ask him this time…

1.  Before we proceed, Mr. Comey, would you like water, or perhaps some coffee?  You don’t know?  Okay, moving on...

2.  The last time you testified before House committees, you answered questions with some version of “I don’t know” or “I don’t remember” a total of 245 times.  Just wondering, have you either 1) been subjected to repeated electroshock treatments since leaving the FBI, or 2) spent years partying with David Crosby?  We don’t know how else to account for such serious memory gaps, particularly since you previously claimed to have habitually made notes of everything important so you wouldn’t forget and certainly not just so that you could leak the notes to the New York Times.

3.   Mr. Comey, you complained before the first hearing about having to testify behind closed doors rather than in an open session.  Given that you seemed to remember very, very little of what happened while you were FBI director, what difference would it have made where you testified?  Is it that having reporters there and a TV audience help your memory?

4.  You sent investigators to talk to Gen. Flynn because of a concern that he, as incoming national security advisor, might have violated the Logan Act, correct?  (We know that was then-acting AG Sally Yates’ concern.)  Please tell us who you have indicted on a possible violation of the Logan Act.  We will all understand this time if you don’t recall, because there aren’t any.

5.  The Logan Act applies to private citizens.  So how, exactly, does an incoming national security advisor for a President-elect during the transition violate the Logan Act?  Take all the time you need.

6.  We don’t know why Gen. Flynn was not forthcoming with you about speaking to the Russian ambassador about sanctions.  But in what Andy McCabe (at your direction) characterized to him as a “casual” conversation, why should he have thought he had to be?

7.  Someone with the national security experience of Gen. Flynn would have known you recorded the Russian ambassador’s conversations, as a matter of routine.  So wouldn’t it have been really stupid for him to try to lie to you about them?

8. In other words, he didn’t deliberately lie to you, did he?

9.  Mr. Comey, what do you know about Donald Trump working with Russians to affect the outcome of the 2016 election? Let’s have it –- right here, right now.

10.  Flynn was consistent in what he said to different people (including Vice President Pence) about his conversation with the Russian ambassador.  Wouldn’t that suggest he was not lying, but really remembering it that way?  And can’t you, of all people, acknowledge that memory can fail a person?

11. Given that you already had the transcript of exactly what Gen. Flynn had said to the Russian ambassador during the transition, what “loose ends” did you really need to “tie up”?  Seems like all you tied up was Gen. Flynn himself, in court.

12.  And since he was doing his job and answerable to the President-elect, what business was it of yours in the first place?

13.  Have you ever heard of someone pleading guilty NOT because they actually WERE guilty but because they had lost everything and couldn’t afford more legal expenses?  Oh...you don’t recall?

14.  The Senate Intelligence Committee has been trying for months to get the original “302” notes taken right after that conservation with Gen. Flynn.  FBI officials are supposed to complete those within about five days, and Strzok and Page texted in reference to them, so we know they existed at some point.  U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan, the presiding judge in Flynn’s case, has called for them, but Mueller has reportedly not turned them over to him in full (!).  My question:  have those 302s entered the fourth dimension, along with Hillary’s 33,000 deleted emails and 19,000 additional texts scrubbed from the Strzok and Page phones, which have since been recycled and assigned to other FBI staffers?

15.  You bragged publicly that in a “more organized” administration, you would never have tried to conduct an interview the way you did Gen. Flynn’s and “probably wouldn’t have gotten away with” it.  How organized do you expect any Administration to be after FOUR DAYS?  (When I started my job as Arkansas Lt. Governor, it took 59 days just to get my office door open after it had been nailed shut by the Democrats.)

16.  You say there’s a “process” that is normally followed before having a meeting like the one with Gen. Flynn.  Has it occurred to you that maybe there’s a reason for that?  And has it also occurred to you that if you had WAITED at least a few weeks for the new administration to settle in and then followed the proper process to interview Gen. Flynn, we might not be sitting here right now and you might not have to keep coming up with new ways to say you don’t remember?

17.  Whether the new administration was “disorganized” or not, what about Gen. Flynn’s rights as an individual?  If you were investigating Flynn, shouldn’t you have conducted a formal interview and informed him of his Miranda rights instead of having McCabe call him and trick him into having a conversation with no lawyer present?

18.  By the way, how much did you care about “process” when you took it upon yourself to declare that “no reasonable prosecutor” would take on the Hillary email case?  Oh, don’t you remember doing that?

19.  You’re going around saying that Democrats must win the next election.  How can you and other members of your 2016-2017 FBI team say that your personal political views didn’t affect your work, when you’re so adamant that the other side MUST WIN?

20.  From the lectures you give the rest of us about morality and ethics after lying and leaking and violating rules left and right, you come across as what many would describe as “a real piece of work.”  Not sure what question I have for you here; just really wanted to say that.

21.  (Bonus question!)  Rudy Giuliani says that the tactics used against Gen. Flynn “should result in discipline.”  He also says “good luck” and “over my dead body” to anyone trying to get Trump to testify now after what was done to Flynn.  Mr. Comey, do you really think it was smart lawyering to treat Flynn the way you did?

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Lynda G Egeler

12/17/2018 01:41 PM

Thank you for bringing out what the real truth is. Your questions are right on. I am so thankful for your wisdom and understanding in these matters . Really enjoy your show. Love to hear the testimonies of the workings of God's spirit. We must continue to be strong in faith and love in this evil world which will eventually pass away for a new heaven and a new earth that God the Father has prepared for us. Amen

• Donna S. Richardson

12/17/2018 01:39 PM

Mr. Huckabee, you are "right on" with your questions for Comey. What a slimy piece of work he is. There is just something about him; I get the creeps just looking at him. It is so obvious that he is lying and protecting his own rear end, and it makes me sick that he is getting away with it because there are so many other corrupt politicians covering for him. But, in the end, he will not get away with it. He will bow the knee to Christ either in this life or the life to come. Creepy tho he is, I try to remind myself that I don't know all the reasons that he has become the way he is and that he needs Jesus as his Savior and, so, our prayers. I enjoy reading your columns and respect the way you handle things. Prayers for you, your continued light in the darkness, and for your loved ones.

• Dale Dingle

12/17/2018 01:31 PM

I am in full agreement with you Governor.I am President Trump's county chairman and defend him continually against the left. Some how they can't see the corruption existing in there party. I have supported him since the day he came down the escliator. Thank you for the work you do to expose the left corruption

• Jerry Korba

12/17/2018 01:11 PM

Mike I watched your interview on Fox this morning spot on as usual Comey does not need anymore time for questions like his work a waste of time and money. He has been useless in serving and as a human being. I hope he was never in the military I am sure he would have forgot what side he was on. A danger to both sides Did any one think he did a good job during the 2016 election??? No hated by both side a real tribute to his character or lack of!! Mike have you heard of 52 tons of guns and ammunition confiscated coming from Turkey hidden in furniture boxes Yavex a Turkish Arms Manufacturing Company sending to Fort Meyers Florida where they are licensed to operate. Do U suppose the hunters in Florida are all going deer hunting or maybe given to illegals to do the USA harm. Ask Shumer and Nancy the next time U see him and her if they know anything about this. He may want to talk about reforming the Immigration laws I think those arms will hurt him and her as much as they will hurt you and I. Mike 52 tons that will cause a lot of hurt. I am sure NBC CNN ABC CBS will all over it. The news may be real so probably you will not hear a peep.

• Bill Kohl

12/17/2018 01:09 PM

Mike, from someone that was assigned to the Pentagon and Andrews for 14+ years of a 26+ year career, when the “Director “ of the FBI Cannot “recall” 1 detail, let alone 200+ details, his proper response shall be, “My FBI staff will get us the precise answer”. Truth is, the KGB is more honorable than our current FBI leadership, and Comey is the voice of THE ENTIRE FBI. Every agent, every component, corrupt. Sad.

• Donna Guy

12/17/2018 01:01 PM

Mike Huckabee I could only wish you would get a chance to ask this lying POS these questions. Thank you for your insight.

• David Foster

12/17/2018 12:40 PM

As much as I don't want to give out information on how to get the criminals to talk, it makes me mad that some of the people asking questions have low testosterone issues. Man up be forceful and scare them to an inch of their lives. Simple way to do this put a 12gauge shot gun in their left eye and give them 2 options. 1 tell the truth or 2 Die. Some times we may have to resort back to the good old days of Cowboys and Indians.

• Joy Kusek

12/17/2018 12:39 PM

Gov. Huckabee: you made my day with ur 20 questions. I needed to laugh but you’re right on! I’m depressed comey is going to get away with not answering questions again today. And maybe no jail time? Also that page and strokyk texts have been destroyed. Please tell me they’re recoverable. Please! Also why hillary is still free to live her pitiful life?

Joy

• Linda Olds

12/17/2018 12:39 PM

I love your questions! Too bad Comey won't have to answer them. I doubt that he'll answer much of anything that any Republican asks.
    It's too bad that the media supports the Democrats investigating President Trump and everyone associated with him, but if it's suggested that Hillary or any liberal should be investigated, they cry that it's politically motivated!!!

• kathy Nauman

12/17/2018 12:31 PM

Will anything ever come of this or has this nation gone to hell for good?

• Shannon Desmond

12/17/2018 12:29 PM

Brilliant Gov. I regretfully worked under Comey & Mueller when he was DAG & Muller Director, FBI on the War Crime tribunals of Saddam & former regime. I am thoroughly disgusted and ashamed DOJ is nothing more than a conduit for corrupt, partisan, Clinton holdovers. Lying, cheating, hypocrites who used and abused their office and by doing so sullied the good name and reputation of the men & women they allegedly led. Prosecution of them, Mcabe, Strzock, Page and the myriad of others would not be good enough. Read the letter submitted to Judge Sullivan by former SSA Robyn Gritz of the FBI concerning the guilty plea of General Flynn, a verifiable patriot. I am sick over the fall of our Justice Dept and the reprehensible treatment of our President by the left and our corrupt media.

• Barbara Huffaker

12/17/2018 12:18 PM

Just want to thank you, Mr. Huckabee, for your tenacity to expose Comey. I declare that man (and perhaps the whole of the FBI and DOJ) just plain makes me angry for them thinking that I, and many many others, are just plain stupid!

• Marvine Shelton

12/17/2018 12:18 PM

This is a comment from the perspective of a 78-year-old female who is well-educated, pretty well-informed, and conservative, but compassionate and empathetic to the less fortunate. Until the last decade, I have always been proud of our country and certain that justice would somehow always prevail in our country. However, events of the past decade have made me truly afraid for our country, our culture, our freedoms. It saddens me that so much injustice and corruption is occurring in our government and, it seems, nothing can or will be done about it. How long before the average citizen has to fear not receiving equal justice before the law, actually fear their government? I hope that I will have passed from this life before that happens, but I am not confident.

• Dottie Broomfield

12/17/2018 12:04 PM

Governor awesome questions. worthy of including in a book.
    This best generation ever person always enjoys your visits on Fox. TU

• Yvonne Greary

12/17/2018 12:03 PM

#19 Answer. Democrats need to win in order to save their HIDES.

• Yvonne Greary

12/17/2018 12:02 PM

#19 Answer. Democrats need to win in order to save their HIDES.

• Marie Krause

12/17/2018 11:54 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself..............

• Penny k. Kimmel

12/17/2018 11:54 AM

Boy - you really hit it! We love these comments and wish you were in office.

• Lorraine Butler

12/17/2018 11:52 AM

What I want to know is why Comey hasn't been indicted for leaking information through a friend to the press? How come only Republicans get indicted even when they have done nothing wrong? Our government is so corrupt. What are the American people supposed to do? We elected someone we hoped would change things but the Democrats definitely want to illegitimize our votes. Are we still going to be a republic when all the fighting is over?

• Mark Mittelstaedt

12/17/2018 11:26 AM

Until Mr. Trump unredacts / declassifies this stuff, we're not gonna know. Since Mr. Trump certainly has his wits about him, this makes me wonder what he's hiding !

• Cynthia Wilhoite

12/17/2018 11:16 AM

Right on Governor! I find it totally despicable that Comey gets away with " I cant remember " Our President should lock him up along with Bill and Hillary... I am praying that this country defeats the devils in D.C. Merry Christmas and a blessed new year. ?

• Deborah McCallum

12/17/2018 11:02 AM

Your 20 questions proposed to James Comey were spot on! Perhaps he should bring his book to the hearings to prompt his memory.
    Last week Katie Pavlich penned an article reported on Town Hall regarding taxpayer expenses to date for the Special Prosecutor/Mueller legal team farce. These facts need to be amplified x100. In family budgeting efforts, when expenses for an unplanned item exceed funds, monies planned to be spent on other items are sacrificed. So, it should be with OUR government.
    Suggestions for offsetting cuts come to mind:
    Congressional pay cuts.
    Congressional staff cuts.
    Congressional travel budget cut (with no activity or observed action on real issues facing USA, they could stay home and "work" over the internet, do idiotic press releases.)
    Congressional vacation time unpaid and other benefit expense closely audited and findings reported to citizens.
    Congressional healthcare premiums self funded like citizens'.
    These are just a few. I'm certain you could propose many more.

• David F Good

12/17/2018 10:57 AM

Mr. Comey Surely has Alzheimer Disease needs some medication to help him remember. Violating of certain laws that Hillary commented must not be a law for those in the U.S. Government, she should be in jail, open a new investigation on her doings. Drop all the garbage that is coming against our President and get the guilty Administration that was truly at Fault. 6 top officials in 'Os' administration needs some jail time in GITMO.

• Lee Mar Zarr

12/17/2018 10:47 AM

THANK YOU! Army Maj. Matthew L. Golstyen, for doing your sworn duty!! This "Politically Corrupt" (PC), government has lost all values that this nation was built upon.

• Victoria Menna-Perez

12/17/2018 10:46 AM

Wow, Governor, you have those questions perfectly correct. I think the tides are slowly changing. God's hand is guiding the righteous.

8. In other words, he didn’t deliberately lie to you, did he?

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Lynda G Egeler

12/17/2018 12:39 PM

Joy

• Linda Olds

12/17/2018 12:39 PM

• kathy Nauman

12/17/2018 12:31 PM

Will anything ever come of this or has this nation gone to hell for good?

• Shannon Desmond

12/17/2018 12:29 PM

• Barbara Huffaker

12/17/2018 12:18 PM

• Marvine Shelton

12/17/2018 12:18 PM

• Dottie Broomfield

12/17/2018 12:04 PM

Governor awesome questions. worthy of including in a book.
    This best generation ever person always enjoys your visits on Fox. TU

• Yvonne Greary

12/17/2018 12:03 PM

#19 Answer. Democrats need to win in order to save their HIDES.

• Yvonne Greary

12/17/2018 12:02 PM

#19 Answer. Democrats need to win in order to save their HIDES.

• Marie Krause

12/17/2018 11:54 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself..............

• Penny k. Kimmel

12/17/2018 11:54 AM

Boy - you really hit it! We love these comments and wish you were in office.

• Lorraine Butler

12/17/2018 11:52 AM

• Mark Mittelstaedt

12/17/2018 11:26 AM

• Cynthia Wilhoite

12/17/2018 11:16 AM

• Deborah McCallum

12/17/2018 11:02 AM

Suggestions for offsetting cuts come to mind:
    Congressional pay cuts.
    Congressional staff cuts.
    Congressional healthcare premiums self funded like citizens'.
    These are just a few. I'm certain you could propose many more.

• David F Good

12/17/2018 10:57 AM

• Lee Mar Zarr

12/17/2018 10:47 AM

• Victoria Menna-Perez

12/17/2018 10:46 AM

8. In other words, he didn’t deliberately lie to you, did he?

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Lynda G Egeler

12/17/2018 12:39 PM

Joy

• Linda Olds

12/17/2018 12:39 PM

• kathy Nauman

12/17/2018 12:31 PM

Will anything ever come of this or has this nation gone to hell for good?

• Shannon Desmond

12/17/2018 12:29 PM

• Barbara Huffaker

12/17/2018 12:18 PM

• Marvine Shelton

12/17/2018 12:18 PM

• Dottie Broomfield

12/17/2018 12:04 PM

Governor awesome questions. worthy of including in a book.
    This best generation ever person always enjoys your visits on Fox. TU

• Yvonne Greary

12/17/2018 12:03 PM

#19 Answer. Democrats need to win in order to save their HIDES.

• Yvonne Greary

12/17/2018 12:02 PM

#19 Answer. Democrats need to win in order to save their HIDES.

• Marie Krause

12/17/2018 11:54 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself..............

• Penny k. Kimmel

12/17/2018 11:54 AM

Boy - you really hit it! We love these comments and wish you were in office.

• Lorraine Butler

12/17/2018 11:52 AM

• Mark Mittelstaedt

12/17/2018 11:26 AM

• Cynthia Wilhoite

12/17/2018 11:16 AM

• Deborah McCallum

12/17/2018 11:02 AM

Suggestions for offsetting cuts come to mind:
    Congressional pay cuts.
    Congressional staff cuts.
    Congressional healthcare premiums self funded like citizens'.
    These are just a few. I'm certain you could propose many more.

• David F Good