The news of Imran Awan’s sweetheart plea deal emerged quietly during Fourth of July week, but it hasn’t gone unnoticed here, even with the predominant story right now being President Trump’s nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.  My initial thought about the Awan deal was, “Oh, man, the DOJ has buried another scandal,” and many readers agreed, some commenting that they were disgusted and even literally sickened by the outcome.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:  The Imran Awan Story, or How to Bury A Scandal

But one response offered an interesting take.  Mind you, it involves giving Jeff Sessions the benefit of the doubt and picturing him as working steadfastly behind the scenes to ensure that justice is eventually done.  Not easy, I know; it’s like being the kid who gets a pile of manure at Christmas and just KNOWS there has to be pony in there somewhere!  But for the moment, let’s try to do that and take the ride with reader Bonnie Robinson.

“When you want to catch a fish, you use a smaller fish,” she reminds us.  Of course, we already knew that’s been the strategy behind the treatment of Paul Manafort –- were you aware he’s spending 23 out of every 24 hours in solitary confinement before he’s been tried, even though the only charge against him is unrelated to the “Russia” investigation and goes back many years? –- to get cooperation against President Trump, but it applies here as well.  Awan was allowed to plead guilty to one measly charge of bank fraud when he could have been charged with much more:  espionage, perhaps, or theft of government property, just for starters.  I would note that he’s also alleged to have attempted to evade justice by hopping a plane to Pakistan.  Robinson points out that since plea deals come as part of an agreement to cooperate with investigators, Awan has likely provided them with information relating to the Democrats who hired him.  If she’s right, that means that for a deal as sweet as the one he got, he’s likely been singing like Pavarotti.

But Robinson goes on to address another aspect of this case:  namely, how unlikely it is that an objective grand jury could be empaneled in Washington, DC, for a case against congressional Democrats charged with something as serious as (perhaps) treason.  The same would go for prosecutors and judges assigned to such a case.  She reminds us that with all the evidence against the FBI presented in the IG report, the Inspector General left out that same part:  the prosecution part.  “Do you think this was going to be litigated in this setting?” she asks.

So, if it’s not going to be handled in DC, where WILL it be handled?  Robinson suggests that it’s moving from DC to Utah, under U.S. Attorney John Huber, who was selected by Attorney General Sessions to handle cases related to the IG report.  Remarkably, Huber operates with a staff of 470 investigators, far exceeding the investigative power of a special counsel.  One other possibility, if the cases relating to Awan include allegations of treason or other matters of national security, is that they will be tried in a military court, away from the media and the chance of compromising sensitive information, sources or methods.  That lessens the likelihood that any “big fish” will get away on a technicality.

“Rest assured,” Robinson concludes, “this entire case is being handled with the utmost care.”

It’s hard to have confidence in that, especially when we’ve watched certain people skate for so long, but let’s hope she’s right.  Sessions’ decision to call upon John Huber to team up with the IG and conduct a full-fledged criminal investigation in Utah, in the clean mountain air far from the stinky DC swamp, may turn out to be every bit as brilliant as top legal expert Jonathan Turley said it was in March.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Our National Emergency

Omar outrages again

President Trump makes his move

• Kathy Wingate

07/11/2018 01:04 AM

Well, if Jeff Sessions has set up a judge in Utah, that is a little hopeful, so I'll hold my outrage for a while, and see what develops . We must remember that the rest of his family made it back to Pakistan with a lot of money, and probably government property and secrets...and the concern that they would be able to sell that government information they made off with to Russia, Iran, Syria, any other interested enemy, countries for gazillions of currency of whatever kind, and, if you think about how long they've been gone, it's probably already done...and they're untouchable, now. But if this one is not allowed to leave the country now that he's pled, maybe it will lead to bigger fish...I sure hope so, but I think I have less faith in the system than some. Let's all just pray that they aren't able to get from Manafort or Cohen, anything that will get our POTUS impeached, which has been their goal since day one and before...That one things deserves prayer, if anything does. Much grateful for your response, and for all you and your lovely daughter, Sarah, do for us, the People.

• Lois Kohler

07/10/2018 06:10 PM

Yes, it is an interesting take, that Robinson has. I hope she is right. Sessions doesn't come across as that smart, but hopefully I'm wrong. If the process takes that long, how is it any good for anyone? Mueller Is still creepy to me and no matter what he is registered as, he is liberal in so many ways. Look what Obama did to Dinesh DeSousza. Put him a hard core prison for 9 months when he shouldn't have gotten more than a slap on the hands. Hillary should be in prison and she gets the slap on the hand. I still think they aren't going to prison because of the liberal judges making the decisions and if the truth be told, we would find out half our politicians and Dept. of Justice, including Mueller were in on this abuse of Trump. He (Trump upset their apple cart and the NWO). We have a very misguided, evil group here that just wants to cover up their evil deeds.

• Judith Gilbreath

07/10/2018 05:46 PM

I soo hope your reader is correct. I too think that Sessions is working behind the scenes to support DJT

• Connie Duncan

07/10/2018 05:40 PM

I truly hope this scenario works to that end!! Patience has been difficult. In a perfect world, every dirty Senator and Congressman would be completely out of the Capitol building and relocated to Gitmo, and the 11/6/18 ballots would be filled with names of replacements for every empty seat.

Every deviant pervert would be shackled and housed in FEMA tent cities awaiting their fate -- well away from society and innocent prey.

• Evelyn Christy

07/10/2018 05:20 PM

OK, i will try to keep my trust in Sessions. Thanks for giving me hope.

• Mary Ann Hartzler

07/10/2018 05:13 PM

I was one of the disgusted & sickened ones. But I really like Bonnie's analysis. I hope she is right. ???

• Mitzi Cole

07/10/2018 04:56 PM

I hope she right too. It's time these people were held accountable for their illegal actions and do some prison time.

• Sue Giles

07/10/2018 04:29 PM

I hope this lady is correct. I was very disappointed with the plea deal. I am convinced that we need a orange jumpsuit bust to stop the continued harassment of conservative folks.

• Brent Bell

07/10/2018 03:03 PM

This woman is just giving you the information that she got from a Qanon post. Unless her comment was before 10:38:20 am on 07/03/18...

• Patty Howe Willey

07/10/2018 02:32 PM

I do like the theory. I find it hard to believe the President doesn’t know every move being taken, and may be masterminding the entire process from behind the wizard’s curtain! The type of criticisms toward Sessions (by the Prez may be calculated and intentional. Especially since they are tweeted and happily picked up by the rumor mongers and MSM. I have always thought he was smarter than most give him credit for.

• Dee Hay

07/10/2018 01:08 PM

Have you noticed that no high level politicians, since Nixon and Agnew, have have been thrown out of office? They have become much wiser and have covered their backsides since then. How did they accomplish it, I wondered? I'm just guessing, but I have a suspicion they did it by carefully selecting those who advance to positions powerful enough to send their fellow members to jail. I suspect no one gets to those posts until they have enough skeletons in their closets to prevent them from turning on one another. They will have raucous investigations and convict a few underlings, such as Libby, Flynn and Manafort, but no big fish ever gets convicted.
    The only solution to this problem lies with the people who keeps voting these life time members into this special club. I don't believe term limits will ever happen, so it's up to the people to change it by voting them out before they accumulate such a power base in Washington.

• Nancy Patterson

07/10/2018 12:48 PM

IF Only Robinson would be find correct in this assessment!!

• Douglas Morgan

07/10/2018 12:32 PM

Sessions is one of the Deep State. Wouldn't trust anything he does.

• Patricia Ford de la Tejera

07/10/2018 12:22 PM

Could there be a connection to the mysterious death of Beranton J. Whisenant, Jr., found dead on the beach Hollywood , Florida ? Investigator for voter fraud, passport fraud. This story was published May 28, 2017, by Andrew West, at Constitution.

• Doug Carroll

07/10/2018 12:09 PM

In re: the Awan Deal: I hope you are right. I hope he is the proverbial smoke
    ("You know how you get cockroaches out of the wall? You smoke them out" John Wayne in "Big Jake"} Keep up the good work, Mike, We appreciate you! God Bless!

• Martin Vanek

07/10/2018 12:03 PM

You can kiss that theory goodbye if he gets on a plane for Pakistan anytime soon.

• David Colonna

07/10/2018 11:59 AM

Mike, We the true Americans pray to God Obama and Hillary are at the top of the prosecution list. They allowed, encouraged and harbored all this corruption, so now it is definitely time for some heads to roll in to prison.

• Bruce Deming

07/10/2018 11:29 AM

I do believe that Bonnie Robinson is absolutely correct. There have been 40,483 new sealed indictments filed in U.S. district criminal courts during the period of 10/30/2017 and 6/30/2018. That's over 5,000 a month, in all of 2006 there were only 1,077. They are spread across the U.S. and it's districts, with the heaviest concentrations in blue states. Looks like the bad blood between Sessions and Trump, may be nothing but a ruse to throw democrats off the trail.

• Marcia S

07/10/2018 11:23 AM

I pray, governor Mike, that Robinson's expectations would become reality. In my heart of hearts, I could probably come up with a similar scenario (in fact, I HAD been saying that about Sessions, up til a couple months ago, that he was quietly working behind the scene and will come out with a great solution to these seditious efforts to denigrate the Trump Presidency!)
    But I am losing confidence in the whole mess. Just still have confidence in the God who enabled this free country to be formed, that He will not leave us without hope or help. If not, then, come quickly, Lord Jesus!

• Allen M Swatsworth

07/10/2018 11:22 AM

Gov Huckabee, Very astute of your reader in pointing out the "big fish little fish" idea of catching the real bad guys. I for one hope she is correct on this one. The House Dems may think they are skating on this one but the have a few questions to answer that have nothing to do with religious bias as they would like us all to believe. Also, after reading the article on Session's appointment of Huber to work with the DOJ IG, I was affirmed that my suspicions where correct about the appointment of a second special counsel.

Great article, keep up the good work and God continued blessings on you.

• Anita Kubes

07/10/2018 11:18 AM

It is always nice to have something to look forward to. This is encouraging that justice just might happen to those that think they are above
    the law. It is also nice to hear that AG SESSIONS is doing something positive.

• Norris Harod

07/10/2018 11:06 AM

We should all pray he has turned state's witness.

• Catherine Susinno

07/10/2018 11:04 AM

Thank you Mike. My internal system has now calmed down! But I'm still aware that the IG head and perhaps others needs serious review! Catherine Susinno

• Ray Sweet

07/10/2018 10:56 AM

How are they getting away with are this, is the government so evil at it core that we the people need to remove them all as stated in Declaration of Independence (That whenever any from of Government becomes destructive of these ends it-is the right of the people to alter or abolish it and to institute a new government and organizing its powers in such a form as to shall ti effect and Happiness Prudence indeed will dictate that Governments ..... Its time to wake up the people to change We need to get rid the swamp monsters and its that means changes in government we must!!!

• Felicia Bernal

07/10/2018 10:50 AM

I have to say that would be a smart move on AG Sessions to earn some trust back from the American people who have felt abandoned by him on this whole scandal.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:  The Imran Awan Story, or How to Bury A Scandal

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Our National Emergency

Omar outrages again

President Trump makes his move

• Kathy Wingate

07/11/2018 01:04 AM

• Lois Kohler

07/10/2018 06:10 PM

• Judith Gilbreath

07/10/2018 05:46 PM

• Connie Duncan

07/10/2018 05:40 PM

• Evelyn Christy

07/10/2018 05:20 PM

OK, i will try to keep my trust in Sessions. Thanks for giving me hope.

• Mary Ann Hartzler

07/10/2018 05:13 PM

• Mitzi Cole

07/10/2018 04:56 PM

• Sue Giles

07/10/2018 04:29 PM

• Brent Bell

07/10/2018 03:03 PM

• Patty Howe Willey

07/10/2018 02:32 PM

• Dee Hay

07/10/2018 01:08 PM

• Nancy Patterson

07/10/2018 12:48 PM

IF Only Robinson would be find correct in this assessment!!

• Douglas Morgan

07/10/2018 12:32 PM

Sessions is one of the Deep State. Wouldn't trust anything he does.

• Patricia Ford de la Tejera

• Bruce Deming

07/10/2018 11:29 AM

• Marcia S

07/10/2018 11:23 AM

• Allen M Swatsworth

07/10/2018 11:22 AM

Great article, keep up the good work and God continued blessings on you.

• Anita Kubes

07/10/2018 11:18 AM

the law. It is also nice to hear that AG SESSIONS is doing something positive.

• Norris Harod

07/10/2018 11:06 AM

We should all pray he has turned state's witness.

• Catherine Susinno

07/10/2018 11:04 AM

• Ray Sweet

07/10/2018 10:56 AM

• Felicia Bernal

07/10/2018 10:50 AM

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:  The Imran Awan Story, or How to Bury A Scandal

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Our National Emergency

Omar outrages again

President Trump makes his move

• Kathy Wingate

07/11/2018 01:04 AM

• Lois Kohler

07/10/2018 06:10 PM

• Judith Gilbreath

07/10/2018 05:46 PM

• Connie Duncan

07/10/2018 05:40 PM

• Evelyn Christy

07/10/2018 05:20 PM

OK, i will try to keep my trust in Sessions. Thanks for giving me hope.

• Mary Ann Hartzler

07/10/2018 05:13 PM

• Mitzi Cole

07/10/2018 04:56 PM

• Sue Giles

07/10/2018 04:29 PM

• Brent Bell

07/10/2018 03:03 PM

• Patty Howe Willey

07/10/2018 02:32 PM

• Dee Hay

07/10/2018 01:08 PM

• Nancy Patterson

07/10/2018 12:48 PM

IF Only Robinson would be find correct in this assessment!!

• Douglas Morgan

07/10/2018 12:32 PM

Sessions is one of the Deep State. Wouldn't trust anything he does.

• Patricia Ford de la Tejera

• Bruce Deming

07/10/2018 11:29 AM

• Marcia S

07/10/2018 11:23 AM

• Allen M Swatsworth

07/10/2018 11:22 AM

Great article, keep up the good work and God continued blessings on you.

• Anita Kubes

07/10/2018 11:18 AM

the law. It is also nice to hear that AG SESSIONS is doing something positive.

• Norris Harod

07/10/2018 11:06 AM

We should all pray he has turned state's witness.

• Catherine Susinno