Put Up Or Shut Up Time

October 5, 2019

I don’t want to ruin your weekend by burying you with a dump truck full of more “IMPEACHMENT!” developments, but we have to keep them flowing to avoid a sewer blockage, so I’ll just dispense with some of them quickly and we’ll see if they manage to survive until Monday before going into any further detail.

The major story is how President Trump is forcing Nancy Pelosi to stop pussyfooting around with her vague “impeachment inquiry” gibberish and put up or shut up: either call for a full House vote to launch impeachment hearings or back off the witch hunt and get to work on the nation’s business.

It was reported that several notoriously anti-Trump committee heads had already subpoenaed the White House for documents and testimony.  Former US Attorney Andrew McCarthy pointed out that this was wrong, those were not subpoenas. What the committee members sent were letters requesting documents and voluntary testimony and threatening obstruction charges if the White House didn’t comply. But they can’t charge anyone with obstruction for refusing to comply with a voluntary request.  McCarthy said it’s all just “political theatrics.”

(FYI: There’s some dispute over whether the House has to hold a full vote to launch a formal impeachment investigation. That’s the precedent, but Democrats have an unprecedented level of TDS, so they might do anything.  The Constitution is vague, saying only that the House has impeachment power…but it does not say “the House Speaker,” which implies a majority vote is required, not just the say-so of one official. I’ll let the lawyers fight this one out.)

The standing committees do have subpoena power, but if they make this all legally official, then the White House would have the right to assert executive privilege and contest them.  The subpoena compliance issue would then have to be settled by the courts.  That would probably take almost until Election Day, insuring the Democrats would have zero accomplishments to run on, having squandered 100% of their two years in the majority on trying to “get” Trump. The Democrats just want a “bash Trump” show on TV, they don’t want to have to go to court and justify this nonsense on the “strength” of their “evidence.”

But as Friday drew to a close, Trump declared that his Administration would refuse to comply with any subpoenas until she held a full house vote and made her impeachment crusade official, which would force all members to go on record and give Republicans the power to cross-examine Democrat witnesses and call their own (all things Pelosi doesn’t want.)

Three Democratic committee chairs reportedly bit on Trump’s bait (they never imagine there might be a hook in it) and sent subpoenas.  But that’s enough for now.  Let’s wait until Monday and find out if they really are subpoenas before commenting at length (the media have been wrong about this subject once this week already.)

In the meantime, since it’s Saturday, here’s some good news: the new federal jobs numbers show that in September, the US economy added 136,000 jobs and the unemployment rate dropped to 3.5%, the lowest in 50 years.

Oh, won’t someone save us from this hellish torture of living under President Trump?!!

• Kay DeWitt

10/06/2019 04:34 AM

In response to the last statement... "won't someone save us from this 'hellish' torture of living under President Trump?" ....my answer is that THE only One Who can "save us FROM living UNDER this HELLISH torture is Jesus Christ because one either lives under the rule of His godly Kingdom or Satan's ungodly...hellish...
    kingdom!...Donald Trump is NOT the cause OF this "bullish torture" Satan is and God is using President Trump to REVEAL the evil for what it is ....AND what should be an even greater hellish torture for the American people is that the only way our kids know how to deal with a kid who has displeased him is to kill him! THAT'S THE REAL "EVIL" THE DEMOCRATS SHOULD BE FOCUSED ON!!!!!!!!!!

• Antonio Macaronio

10/06/2019 12:15 AM

Schiff or get off the pot.

• Diane Rowlands

10/05/2019 11:28 PM

I cannot believe the Dems are doing this. They are going to lose. All of the investigations and wasting the country's money on this nonsense. Can't we get Schiff out of office somehow. He is the one behind all of this and Pelosi is listening to the left like AOC.

• Diane Rowlands

10/05/2019 11:24 PM

I cannot believe the Dems are doing this impeachment thing. They're going to lose. There is no criminal intent. They have nothing to go on. It is a waste of our money. All these millions spent on investigations. I wish we could vote Schiff out of office. And Pelosi too.

• Jerry

10/05/2019 10:53 PM

I have finally have had enough of the left anti American garbage along with millions of real Americans I believe the left is pushing people back to the baseball playoffs pro football college football it’s harvest time seasons are changing why would anyone listen to what Schiff or Pelosi or any of the other misfits have to say. Nothing is going to happen these clowns have lost most of their audiences the real issue is to take the house back and add some conservatives to the senate a lot of retirements the need to replace them with real conservatives is at a all time priority the gop needs this to happen America is in good shape with most people working now if we get the left out of the way this country will become the greatest of all time we need to do this our creator is waiting

• Nancy Iverson

10/05/2019 09:53 PM

I am so tired of the theatrics of the democrats. I wish they would as hard for their constituents as they do at bringing President Trump down, who knows what they could accomplish!

• Robbie Mize

10/05/2019 09:35 PM

I pretty much don't believe a word I hear or read except what I get from you. So thank you for keeping me informed. Much more of the horse manure would send me straight to the same place "they" are in. Instead of TDS, it would be DDS.

• Bonnie Parvino

10/05/2019 09:19 PM

Mike--The Word says if we bless Abraham, God will bless us and if we curse Abraham, God will curse us. ------------- Our President is blessing us by blessings Israel and the Jewish People. ----------
    I know this concept works and I believe it will work for all of us. --------- It is working for me. I have literally seen the rain stop, the moon and stars come out. ---- Mike there is not much I can do about all of this political stuff, but pray and I choose to pray for the Peace of Jerusalem and Israel. And I am so very happy that our President is standing with Israel because the "eyeballs" of Iran are focused in their direction & all of us must pray. As Israel Goes, So Go We, -----------------Bonnie Parvino

• James E. McCrea

10/05/2019 08:57 PM

Why? Do the democrats keep insisting on impeachment with no evidence. Can't they understand if this were to happen and the American people find out it was based on fraud instead of fact, people would be getting their AR's our of the closet. Shame on them!

• ME McDonald

10/05/2019 08:53 PM

I wish I could share my opinions about Mitt Romney. I worked hard for his election…..promoting him and voting for him. I cringed the night he let Obama take over the debate and leave himself (Romney) speechless with a slight grin on his face that didn't spell confidence! Obama had an "I'm winning" grin! Now, Romney needs to step back and remember we who trusted him initially DON'T like his spouting off about our president when he had the chance to be one and blew it. And the democrats didn't like him then and still don't no matter what he says....he had his chance so (unlike me but) BUZZ OFF.

• rodney burke

10/05/2019 08:49 PM

they have nothing, it's shut up time. I would appreciate the official word from McConnell. This is a futile effort and they know it. This is how desperate they are. Time for some bombshells to be dropped and some perps headed for jail. No, the time for nice is LONG past. the time for all out war is NOW. No gloves, no mercy, war. They declared war in 2016 it's time we gave in back..in spades!

• Rhona Howell Summerford

10/05/2019 08:40 PM

Most thinking individual know that Pelosi is being led by the "squad' and others who have literally gone berserk in the Democratic Party. They all want to cause President Trump and his administration as much trouble as possible. They are socialists or communists and want to prohibit his achieving any victories while in office. They, like Obama, intend to fundamentally change America, destroy our Constitution and our values. Anyone who can stand for the things today's Democratic Party stands for can hardly call themselves Christian and a supporter of our republic. Yes, they need to call a vote in the House to let them go on the record regarding this nonsense!!!

• Barry Spinka

10/05/2019 08:36 PM

I agree with President Trump and you, PUT UP OR SHUT UP! I don't think Pelosi is that stupid.

• james cornell

10/05/2019 08:14 PM

Dems are playing a total farse trying to scam the people with their nonsense.
    It's going nowhere but to try and discredit the president. For those dems who don't know.
    "It's NOT GOING TO WORK" ..

• Richard Wieneke

10/05/2019 08:14 PM

Im on your side Oov Huckabee. Im so sick and tired of Nancy Palosi and the biggest lier in Congress who should be in jail for lying to congress. I wonder how many of them will be voted out of office in 2020? Thank you Gov. Huckabee for all you do.
    Just a question, is anything going on right now that will soon shut this whole thing down by reveal
    ing the Democratic security commitee members who need to be punished or put out of office? Why are the Republicans not doing more. They seem to be so quiet about all this?

• Kendra Strecker

10/05/2019 08:07 PM

Mike, I believe the reason PELOSI doesn't want to call a vote is because she doesn't have the votes.. Also, if she does call a vote doesn't it LEVEL the playing field for the Repubs. as far as subpoena power goes?? Can't have that!!

• Thomas Rundall

10/05/2019 07:59 PM

When will the Democrats ever learn? They just keep hooking their own pants with their own hooks.

• Robert Benda

10/05/2019 07:53 PM

I hope people realize what Nancy and the Democrats are doing. Keep the negative on the front page continuously without the magnifying glass on them.I can’t understand why any Christian would watch CNN,MS NBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, for their news.
    Robert

• Elizabeth Honaker

10/05/2019 07:49 PM

Excuse me, Gov'ner -- [best British accent]

Wha' 'bout the 'ell it-tis ta livv unner da likes o' Queen Pelosi??? That broad givvs me da CREEPS, she does!!!

• Arnold Zach

10/05/2019 07:43 PM

Pelosi: let your people go.
    Call your impeachment poll of congressional persons.
    MAGA. Trump 2020

• Dot Whitley

10/05/2019 07:34 PM

One has to wonder what's next. These people are in a world all their own, and there's no way for normal folks to even imagine what they are planning to do next. It amazes me that they never get plain old tired, especially those who are getting on up in age. Finding a way to ruin our country must actually be fun to them. What an absolutely wasted life.
    Mr. Huckabee I hope you get some rest on Sunday away from Democrat stupidity, so you will be ready to get back to work Monday. As you know there are many of us who depend on you to keep us up to date on what's happening each day, or we would never know what's really going on in our world.

Dot

• Joyce Birch

10/05/2019 07:30 PM

I just watched Bill O'Reilly on Newsmax, the same station your show is on. I totally agree with Bill on getting Guiliani & L. Graham & others off the air. I think especially Guiliani is talking too much & digging a bigger hole for the President. I've watched him & think he's really helping, but something tells me he's hurting the President. I was just thinking about the same thing just before this show. This impeachment saga has become a merry-go-round & I'm getting DIZZY!

• grace bryson

10/05/2019 07:29 PM

the only tough street fighter that ever "got" the american voter for trump was STEVE BANNON. BRING HIM BACK TO HELP. DIGENOVA OR LEVIN SHOULDA HAD BARR'S JOB - BARR IS ANOTHER SWAMPER- HE IS JUST BETTER AT PLAYING THE ROLE THAN INSURANCE POLICY SESSIONS WHO SNOWED TRUMP AS HAS WRAY

• Cliff Newman

10/05/2019 07:28 PM

Living under President Trump is great because we are getting our rule of law, jobs and prosperity back, but those deep state house and senate dems & rouge Rino's who have done nothing for America for decades but have temper tantrums, only earning 2 or 3 hundred thousand buck$ a year but are all mysteriously billionaires make life in America... a hellish torture.

• Anthony W George

10/05/2019 07:11 PM

Governor Huckabee, Sir, You are too funny !!! God Bless you and your family.
    A favor to ask, please, when are YOU, we, going to go after the REPUBLICRATS Rinos? for example like the Cancer, Mitt Romney ? he needs to quit making Stupid comments about our President, asking the Ukraine and China to investigate feely, smelly, creepy and stinky, uncle Joe biden and his son, for corruption schemes.
    Thank you Sir, for all you do for us !!! WWG1WGA, MAGA, KAGAlways !!!