August 20, 2020
By Mike Huckabee
TO BE A DEMOCRAT YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE...
"’There's no use trying,’ she said: ‘one can't believe impossible things.’ ‘I daresay you haven't had much practice,’ said the Queen. ‘When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.’” – Through The Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
As I watch the nightly news from urban liberal warzones like Portland or force my eyeballs to stay open through the Democrats’ virtual convention, I keep thinking, “We’re through the looking glass, people!” And that’s not just an expression. I mean that, like Carroll's mad Red Queen, in order to be a Democrat in 2020, you are required to believe an unlimited number of impossible things. The Party’s embrace of "Alice In Wonderland" level madness inspired me to start making a list of these impossible things. To be a Democrat today, you have to believe…
1. That a pre-born human baby is not a human being deserving of protection from killing, and neither is a baby that was born 10 minutes ago if the mother decides she doesn’t want to keep it.
2. That capitalism, which has lifted hundreds of millions of people out of poverty and despair worldwide, is evil; but socialism, which has caused the oppression, impoverishment, starvation, and death of hundreds of millions of people over the past century, is the only hope of the future.
3. That the best solution for rioting, looting, arson, and violence in the streets is to defund the police.
4. That all the gains in the economy under Trump were really caused by Obama, but the worldwide economic crash following China’s unleashing of a pandemic was caused by Trump.
5. That Trump has a plan to rig the next election that involves making the Obama Administration remove thousands of mailboxes several years ago. Also, that the Post Office is removing little-used mailboxes in Oregon because the key to Trump’s reelection is for him to win Oregon.
6. And on that subject, that nobody ever complained about the US Post Office being slow, inefficient, and unreliable until Trump was elected.
7. That America is an oppressive, racist, white supremacist nation that’s the root of all evil in the world and its culture is inferior to that of other nations, including the many nations where people are willing to risk their lives just for the chance to come to America.
8. That Trump built “cages for children” on the border during the Obama Administration.
9. That viruses spread like wildfire at church services, but not at crowded protest rallies for leftwing causes. Also, viruses spread at bars that serve chips, but not at bars that serve sandwiches. Because “science!”
10. That people with male genitals are women just because they say they are, but people who say that actually having female genitals makes them women are intolerant, transphobic bigots.
11. Also, hospitals must be forced to give gynecological exams to “women” with male genitals, and taxpayers forced to pay for abortions for them.
12. Again on that subject, that someone born male who developed a muscular masculine physique before deciding he was a girl has no unfair physical advantage in sports over the much smaller teenage girl whose face (s)he is crushing into the wrestling mat.
13. That Trump botched the response to COVID-19 by xenophobically shutting down travel from China and crashing the economy with a shutdown, but Democrats would have prevented both the pandemic and the crash by not stopping travel from China and shutting down the economy sooner, harder and longer. Also, it’s absolutely impossible for Trump to keep people from crossing our border, but he could have kept a virus from crossing our border.
14. That an acceptable way to express how much you care about black lives is to burn black neighborhoods, loot black-owned businesses, and tear down statues of abolitionist leaders. Also, that all black lives matter except those of black cops, black Republicans, and black pre-born babies.
15. That free healthcare is a right, free college is a right, free food is a right, a guaranteed paycheck is a right, and citizenship for illegal immigrants is a right, but free speech and freedom of religion are not rights.
16. That the people who presided over the rise of ISIS, the Iraq and Afghan wars, a nuclear Iran and North Korea, and even Iran falling to the Mullahs in the first place, are trusted diplomatic professionals, while the man who crushed ISIS, dealt with Iran and North Korea, and crafted a historic Middle East peace agreement is a dangerous amateur who’s destroying our foreign policy.
17. That disproven rumors are evidence that Trump colluded with Russia to undermine a presidential election, but Democrats paying Russians for disproven rumors and using them as “evidence” to launch a Deep State coup is NOT collusion with Russia to undermine a presidential election.
18. That 2 + 2 only equals 4 because of white supremacy.
19. That there are 57 genders but only one acceptable political viewpoint.
20. That burning a flag is protected free speech, but objecting to someone burning a flag is not.
Okay, this could go on forever, so I’m going to stop at 20 and let you add to the list in the comments. Have fun, if that's not impossible these days...
79 PERCENT SAY NO
“But, the Narrative!...” The more Americans of all colors see the “peaceful protesters” burning, looting, rioting and assaulting, the more they’re supporting the police. A new survey by Heritage Action For America found that opposition to defunding the police has risen to 79 percent, with only 16 percent supporting it.
Even when presented with the soft-soap version of the issue that the Democrats are pushing (Do you agree that we need the police to enforce the rule of law or that we need to rethink policing and spend more of that money on social services, welfare programs and schools instead?), the pro-law-and-order side still came out ahead by 62-29%. And despite all the talk of early, overwhelming support for Black Lives Matter, the latest survey found that by 49-42%, Americans believe that the protests “have stopped being about racial injustice and have become violent riots by people who hate America and want to tear down our government and radically change American culture.”
Proving once again, as a great Republican President once observed, that you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.
NYC MESS STARTS AT HOME FOR BILL DEBLASIO
In New York City, crime is out of control and garbage is piling up in the streets after Mayor Bill DeBlasio slashed $1 billion from the police budget and cut other public services. Another 22,000 city workers could lose their jobs because of the effects of COVID-19 on the budget.
Meanwhile, DeBlasio’s wife has her own taxpayer-paid, 14-member staff, including a $150,000-a-year senior adviser and a $70,000-a-year videographer who filmed her baking cookies for social media.
“Socialism: It’s for the little people!”
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
In Case You Missed It: While the Democrats are using their Zoom convention to blame the COVID-19 (Chinese) coronavirus economic crash on Trump's incompetence, on Tuesday, the S&P 500 closed at 3,389.78, a new record that erases all the losses since the virus first hit.
I think it’s perfect timing that this Democratic Convention arrived simultaneously with the official return of a bull market.
"PEACEFUL PROTESTORS UPDATE"
“Peaceful Protesters” Update: You might have heard about the white man in Portland who was pulled out of his car and viciously beaten by a mob of BLM and Antifa rioters. You probably didn’t hear that moments before that, he was trying to help protect a trans woman who was being threatened and robbed by the mob. Sara Carter has more on the story, as well as a social media profile of one of the alleged attackers that should win some sort of award for sick irony.
BIBLE VERSE OF THE DAY (KJV)