A vital message to everyone in the military

September 14, 2020 |

About a week ago, I brought you THE most important pre-election story of them all, about Democrats readying for a possible “coup,” and linked to this piece by Michael Anton in AMERICAN MIND. Since we presented it as a must-read, I’ll link to it again here to make sure you don't miss it.

Since its publication, that piece has created quite a stir –- at least among conservatives –- and Mark Levin had Mr. Anton on his FOX News TV show on Sunday.

It’s true that the Democrat Party and the media (but I repeat myself) have no intention of allowing President Trump to be re-elected, no matter what. They will do anything within their power, legitimate or otherwise, to stop it from happening. The tradition of Election Day has been rendered almost moot as it is, with early voting starting this year even before any scheduled presidential debate (if they happen at all), along with the horror of widespread, essentially uncontrolled mail-in balloting.

As we discussed, they’ve twisted the whole plot to make it seems as though TRUMP is the one who will resist the will of the people, as though it’s TRUMP who will destroy the public’s faith in the system, when they are the ones openly doing those very things. They hide their activity in plain sight.

They're the ones who plan to count the ballots until they win. If Biden wins enough electoral votes after the first count, they will somehow head off any recounts. If Trump wins, they will count, and count, and...”find” more ballots...and count again until Biden miraculously has just enough electoral votes, and then the counting will be over. Recall the quote often attributed to Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, who may or may not have said it: “The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.”

Anton, who was a member of the National Security Council under Trump and is now a senior fellow at the Claremont Institute (“Recovering the American Idea,” which is a good idea) and a research fellow at Hillsdale College, has a new book out that might be as much of a must-read as his “coup” commentary, called “THE STAKES: America at the Point of No Return.”

I don’t think I have to tell you that we’re very close to that no-return point on numerous fronts right now. Specifically, though, Anton is talking about the threat of one-party as opposed to two-party government, the looming prospect of locked-in blue-state rule, as in, say, Oregon, but coast to coast. Yikes.

Of what the left is already doing to advance the “coup,” he says, “There are ten or twelve data points one could point to. To me, the strongest is when Hillary Clinton herself, who lost to Donald Trump in 2016, said, ‘Joe Biden should not concede under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.’” Presumably, Hillary was talking even about a 50-state Trump landslide. She does not care what the voters want, only what “their” voters want.

Anton said that of all the times there have been recounts, he can think of only one in which the Republican ended up pulling ahead, and that was in 2000 for George W. Bush in Florida, when the Supreme Court finally had to step in and stop the process.

Biden himself has talked about getting the military involved to “drag” Trump out of the White House. Disgraceful. And we had the story last week about the two former Army officers who wrote an open letter to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, advising preparation to deploy an active-duty combat unit to remove Trump from office on January 20, 2021, should that be necessary. (Fortunately, Gen. Mark Milley responded that the military would play “no role” in any transfer of power.)

Anton had a message he hoped would get passed along to everyone in the military, so here’s where we can all do out part. He is hoping that every military officer, current or former, will get the word out to “friends who are loyal to the U.S. military, who are loyal to the Constitution,” to “knock off” this kind of talk. “And if someone tries to whisper in your ear that this is what you need to be doing in January of 2021," he said, "tell them to BUZZ OFF, and that you are loyal to the Constitution, you are loyal to your oath and you are loyal to the American military that was founded literally in the American Revolution and is one of our cornerstone institutions that defend our freedom.”

Amen. Got that? Please spread this message to everyone you know who's serving our country in the military.

Levin tied Democrats’ effort to use the armed forces this way to that thoroughly-debunked piece in THE ATLANTIC that said Trump had called them contemptible names. Anton, who worked around the President a great deal during the first 14 months of his administration (including visits to military bases and all foreign trips) and never saw anything from him but deep respect and admiration for our troops, agreed that this was part of the strategy. “It’s impossible for me to believe that he could have said something like that,” Anton said. “I think that story is completely made up.”

He explained that they’re able to get away with making it up because they just about control the media (FOX News and conservative sites like this one being the exception), including cable, broadcast, pop culture (Hollywood, music, etc.), and social media. He discusses this in his book, calling it “the megaphone.” The left hold the megaphone. These institutions push out the narrative, he said, which is that “Trump is illegitimate, Trump was elected by the Russians.” Those who find out the contradictions and try to enlighten others are de-platformed. Big Tech is heavily into muzzling anything pro-Trump this year.

This is why millions of Americans STILL think Trump “colluded” with Russia. If (when!) Trump wins, they’ll rehash the same “Russia Russia Russia!” routine. Who knows how many phony “dossiers” are being passed around right now?

Levin and Anton also discussed something quite interesting in Bob Woodward’s new book. Now, I wouldn't believe one thing Woodward said about Trump, but this is an anecdote about then-Secretary of Defense Jim Matttis. According to the book –- which I’ll remind you is anonymously sourced –- Mattis, along with former Director of National Intelligence Dan Coates, discussed possibly “colluding” with some Cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment and remove Trump. It might be that “7th floor” officials at the FBI weren’t the only ones contemplating an “insurance policy.” And here, it involved top-level military. This sort of thing used to be unimaginable.

It’s another reason why this message needs to get out to our military, now, at all levels: Do not allow yourselves or others within your ranks to be used in such a way to subvert the Constitution and the will of the voters. It will mark the end of our republic if you do.

• Sarah Menne

09/14/2020 01:32 PM

The coup plans by Democrats are frightening. It is hard to believe such shenanigans are occurring in our beloved America. This November's vote will either protect America or destroy her. As never before in history, every honest vote counts.

• Mary Jo Vergara

09/14/2020 01:31 PM

Shalom Mr. Huckabbe, I heard through a program that comes out through YouTube every night at 10:00 p.m from Colombia, South America. This is a very special good program. On Thursday of last week, the owner of the program said that there is a plan from the new communist/ socialist party of the USA, to have Coup d’ta to remove President Trump. Plus beginning on September 17, they are planning to surround the White House with all the George Soros terrorists. She also said that President Trump is aware of this, as well as the FBI, CIA, etc. Of course the media here is NOT telling us this because they are part of this plot against our President.
    If those devils in the new communist party, succeed in getting Biden elected by fraud, I don’t know what is going to happen, civil war?
    I am praying for the WILL OF OUR GOD YAHWEH TO BE DONE, NO MATTER WHAT Satan’s followers plans are! So we have to pray hard!
    Blessings of shalom for you and your loved ones.
    Mary Jo Vergara.

• Michael John Walker

09/14/2020 01:24 PM

I love your articles and I want you to keep the pressure on the Libtards. This election is for the soul of America, but on our side. Biden is a stooge, but Harris scare the Hell out of me. Please Mike, keep praying we can overcome this nightmare, at least for 4 more years. Either way, we had better start finding a candidate and start grooming him or her for a 2024 run. It's non too early my friend. God bless you Mike.

• Trudie Benham

09/14/2020 01:11 PM

I have and will be praying for our President and our Country. I truly believe God will step in and take care of all these bad actors( that's putting it mildly). I have to trust God's plan I know He will take care of us and bring all this evil out in the light.

• Howard Thorsen

09/14/2020 01:10 PM

I was recently asked for my support- to have my name added to a list of retired senior military who are backing Joe Biden.
    Are you aware of any such effort in support of President Trump?

• Merle Douglas

09/14/2020 01:09 PM

Why doesn't law enforcement use pepper spray on the rioters?

• Cheryl Mizner

09/14/2020 01:03 PM

The military runs many countries. To ask our military to be in a coup is treason just for asking. The Left Dems including Biden and Harris have completely embraced Communist and Marxist beliefs. The Democratic Party is dead in the water.

• Anne Turner

09/14/2020 01:03 PM

Wishing injured cops would die? Blocking emergency room entrance? Please do not call them animals. That is an insult to our pets and other animals. Animals kill for food and protection, but not from hatred and insanity. We used to put irrational people like that in a room with padded walls.

Why do so many believe Trump would not bow to a legitimate election result? I feel like I am at Alice’s tea party or in Never, NeverLand. What has he done that is unconstitutional?

Of course, if he should happen to win, which I sincerely doubt due to the Dem cheating that will go on, it will be millions spent in more impeachment hearings for the next four years. I have dreams of a GOP win of all three bodies. Think of what could be accomplished: a clean up of immigration and fair laws; Justices who understand and believe in the Constitution; support for law and order and the military, health care delivery improvements, continuation of economic growth for all, including finally getting Black people free of the plantation; more peace negotiations, some curbs on late term and born alive abortion killings. Let’s remember, Lincoln and Reagan were vilified.

If Biden’s is elected and they take the Senate then the American people deserve what they get. It will be an end to the
    American Dream. We won’t have to worry about immigration as no one will want to come here. I predict population increases in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Iceland and other countries who still embrace a modicum of
    freedom. We all best learn Chinese. Thesis not meant to be funny.

• Mai Dao

09/14/2020 12:52 PM

please make sure the president address social security, preexisting condition and health care cost in the debate . These are the key issues in senior citizens' mind. if president Trump can somehow assure them that these benefits won't be taken away from them, he will capture their votes. The senior voters are very important to help president Trump to win

• Toni

09/14/2020 12:51 PM

“if someone tries to whisper in your ear that this is what you need to be doing in January of 2021“ —should that happen, many of us would wind up in trouble!!!!

• Debra dodds

09/14/2020 12:40 PM

Most people have become fearful. I doubt seriously that they will speak up

• tim bayse

09/14/2020 12:36 PM

The piece on "60 Minutes" last night with Bob Woodward was yet another disgraceful piece. Sadly, I think Trump played the patsy, but Woodward "jaded" the whole thing! He needs to be called out on it, BAD! Especially the part about the C-virus! SO EASY to "monday morning quarterback" it!!! Such a SLANTED piece...... just AWFUL!!!

• Donald Ray

09/14/2020 12:34 PM

Why have we not heard more about the arsonists arrested in Washington, Oregon and California? With the outstanding number of fires and four arsonists arrested. There must be some connections.

• Linda Mantonya

09/14/2020 12:32 PM

Mr. Huckabee,

I read your newsletters daily and appreciate how you inform us of what is really happening in this country and the world. The news media, except for FOX, is so biased, that it is impossible to get any accurate Information.

Just a bit of information: yes, Samaritan’s Purse, along with the Red Cross, is helping the victims of Hurricane Laura in Louisiana. Did you know that there is another organization that is larger than Samaritan’s Purse that the Red Cross calls whenever there is a natural disaster? This organization is made up of strictly volunteers, except for the state directors. The organization is the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief Organization. When Hurricane Laura hit Thursday evening, the SBC Disaster Relief was already deployed, before Laura made landfall. My husband was on the road that Friday morning early driving a mass feeding unit from the Missouri Baptist Disaster Relief to stage in DeRidder, Louisiana. There are many Missouri Baptist volunteers in DeRidder feeding thousands on a daily basis, and also chainsaw crews that are helping the residents remove trees from their homes and cars.

Did not know if you were aware of the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief. Just wanted to share this with you.

• Joy Randolph

09/14/2020 12:31 PM

President Trump is doing a great job in spite of the everyday breaking news! We do not listen to the liberal media and Democrats who are pushing a communist agenda on the United States! As said previously, President Trump did not need this job, he is doing it for us! We are a military family and we love this President!

• Chip Woods

09/14/2020 12:29 PM

Mr. Huckabee,

Sheesh... Your comments are little more than conspiracy theory driven hysteria, conjured up to get hits on your website and fool the naive and the foolish. Seems it works for a few of your readers now and then, though, who seem to lack and semblance of discernment or critical thinking skills.

• Elizabeth crouse

09/14/2020 12:21 PM

We are retired military and nobody believes that Trump is against them. Best Commander ever. I worked under Clinton and it was terrible. Obama had no clue and could care less. I shared because most of my friends are behind Trump. In Alabama I don’t know anyone for Biden. Amen

• Juanita P. Morgan

09/14/2020 12:17 PM

I love, love, love your show on TB . I record it so I make sure I don’t miss it. I especially loved this weekend with Sarah on it. I plan to order her book! I have one small problem with your show. I say this lovingly, as I love music, play the piano and have sung alto in the choir and many groups. I even called a friend that watches to make sure it wasn’t just me. The band, which is fantastic, plays a little too loudly when Keith is talking. He can hardly be heard. By the way, I loved the song Trey Corley wrote. Thanks for your Bible Verse everyday!

• Jan Smyder

09/14/2020 12:17 PM

Dear Mr. Huckabee--Thank you so much for being on Pres. Trump's side. I've been for him since he said he was running. He was for the military and for all of including the middle class. My husband is a Navy veteran, as well as my son. They both served in wars.
    We need Pres. Trump more than ever. Isn't there some way that the dems can be stopped from their illegal behavior. Hopefully, our great AG and the Supreme Court could stop them.
    Have watched you on Fox for years. Your Sarah in great! Can not stand the left media, they and House dems are at fault(my opinion) are at fault for the hatred and murders. Abortion has desensitized people into thinking it's OK to kill anyone in their way .
    Thank you and may God bless.

• Alan Wolfson

09/14/2020 12:14 PM

The Americans against President Trump have clearly been brainwashed by the corrupt and evil mainstream media. Unless this movement is shut down (the violence, not ordinary protesters) we are watching the end of our nation. President Trump must invoke whatever law is necessary to have the Federal government protect us. What is the purpose of waiting until it is too late. He must act now!

• Ed Johnson

09/14/2020 11:58 AM

I stand with President Trump. Biden is too weak physically and mentally to be in the White House; and we certainly don't need Kamala Harris or Nancy Pelosi anywhere nearby.

• Paris Ann Boyd

09/14/2020 11:51 AM

As a Colorado resident since 1970 , not sure when mail in ballots strated, ever sense I have been able to vote have done so in person Or would take my ballot to the court house personally. As I think about Mail in ballots & that today Colorado is a one party state did my vote get counted ? I am a concertive , Republican, right to life believer & CHRISTIAN!!! It does make me think ???